Falling in Love Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"However, my most pressing need is to find a place to stay after I turn eighteen. You see that under the State's foster care system, you're kicked out once you become a legal adult whether you're ready or not. Foster care sucks, but at least it was familiar and something I know. Living on my own and making ends meet...I don't know..."

"Hmmm, I'll have Marsha check on some of my rental units that might be..."

"Why do you do that?" When I asked what she was referring to, Devyn commented, "You always turn to Marsha to do your things. It's like you're dependent on her for almost everything. What does she do in the bank and more so, for you?"

Sitting back, I thought for a while before replying, "Marsha is my trusted Senior Executive Assistant who has been with me for so long that she knows my thoughts and what I would do. Through my private secretary and the various office managers, Marsha manages the administrative operations of the executive headquarters. She is my right-hand person who by her very omnipresence, controls access to me through my schedule, communications, and involvement. She runs interference and shields me, freeing me to focus on the bank and increasing its growth and profits.

"However, if you were to ask Marsha to explain her duties, I am pretty sure that she will say, 'I take care of and look out for the boss.'"

"Wow! Now, that's the kind of job I would love to have," purred Devyn as she digested what I had just divulged. "Definitely...'

For some strange reason, a shiver shot up my spine at Devyn's musing, and had me scrambling to return to her concerns, I said, "Okay, now off the top of my head, I have several units in the 801 South Street condominium complex for working individuals and families. As I recall, I have a few studios and one single-bedroom unit. I could let you stay..."

"There you go again, Brad!" snickered Devyn, "Are you sure you not trying to 'groom' me?"

"Devyn! Let me reiterate that seducing you is the farthest thing from my mind. But how can I repay my debt to you if you keep objecting whenever I use the resources at my disposal? Correct me if I am wrong, but I think that saving my life is worth letting you stay in one of my units for free and with no strings attached, or until you can start paying rent, or you decide to move out with some boyfriend."

"Okay, point for Brad," admitted Devyn, conceding that my intentions were honorable. "Hmmm, let's see. If I am going to pay rent, I might as well pay it for a one-bedroom unit. But wait! It just dawned on me that I have nothing to put into my new place. What? It comes with a washer/drier combo, stove, and refrig. Okay, but I have no money for a bed, furniture, kitchen stuff, or dinnerware, and the rest like food? I wouldn't know where to begin."

"Hey, don't look at me, Devyn, when it comes to setting up a new place. While I have an expensive three-bedroom condo, Grace, my wife, set it up before she passed away decades ago. Sad to say, I hardly stay there...it is too lonely...even though she begged me before she died to find someone special and remarry. Now, you know why I have a pull-down bed in my office which worries Marsha to no end. And speaking of whom, I would suggest that you talk to..."

"Talk to Marsha. Okay, okay, I will sit down with her. I should anyway...I need to explain things to her before she gets the wrong impression about me...and us. I mean she knows you well and can probably guess your intentions toward me. However, I don't want her to think I am some teenage gold digger or skanky slut out to seduce her boss for his money. Hmmph!

"Plus, I could use some of her insight as to what makes you tick. What's that? Don't pry into you and your life? Dream on, popcorn! How can I take care of you...be responsible for you...if I don't get the inside scoops about you?

"Hey, wait a minute! It just dawned on me that you will ultimately be paying for my condo furnishings and necessities. Boy, if I didn't know better, I'd think you're trying to get me to run up a big IOU to you." Then with a mischievous grin on her cute face, Devyn zapped me again, "Are you sure you're not trying to make me your 'Sugar Baby? You better not turn out to be a closet Sugar Daddy!'"

Seeing a chance for some degree of payback for Devyn's barbs that constantly disarmed me, I whispered as sinisterly as I could, "Only time will tell little girl... heh, heh, heh..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

My attendance at Devyn's graduation and her reaction to me was a preview of what was to come when the two of us were seen together.

"You came! You actually came!" squealed Devyn in unrestrained surprise and delight. I smiled weakly and began draping a lei around her neck. However, when I bent to kiss my graduate on the cheek as was the custom, Devyn turned her face at the last moment to kiss me tenderly on the lips.

Flustered, I didn't know what to say or do. However, Devyn carried on as if it was the most natural thing in the world. Although her foster parents and family were obviously suspicious of me, Devyn casually introduced me and maintained that ours was an innocent friendship.

Despite such reassurances, we were immediately seen as the proverbial odd couple. I towered over Devyn, was obviously much older, was one of the few haoles in an ocean of yellow and tanned graduates and attendees, and reeked of wealth and influence despite my efforts to be low-key and blend in.

And to make matters worse, Devyn insisted that her new iPhone be used to take pictures of us together. I could immediately see on the faces of those around us the myriad of questions regarding how Devyn obtained and could afford it. Helpless to do anything, I ended up smiling for the camera with my cute Okinawan teenager clinging to me.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

It never dawned on me that pairing my teenage savior and my longtime Senior Executive Assistant would eventually prove to be a life changer for me. Because of the chemistry of their personalities, they bonded rather quickly over a common interest... me.

Already impressed with Devyn's maturity and spunkiness when it came to dealing with me, Marsha was further drawn to this teenager's unspoken personal need. Orphaned at an early age, Devyn was innocent and unsure of herself in many ways despite her bravado. This caused Marsha's maternal instincts to kick in, and she more than willingly filled that void in Devyn's life by being her surrogate mother, advisor, and confidant.

However, it was Devyn's keen insight into me that made Marsha look at this unique teenager in a new light. "You know, Marsha, that I've known Brad for only a short time," Devyn shared as they shopped for her apartment furnishings, "but something is not right with him. He's all work and no play...no outside interests... especially women. This is strange for a man of his age and position. Brad is oddly out of balance."

After hearing this, Marsha was impressed with such an astute observation and shared, "He wasn't always like that. However, when his wife, Grace, whom he loved dearly, passed unexpectedly away, Brad began shutting himself off from any further personal involvement so he wouldn't be hurt again. His subsequent 'warrior-monk' persona has led to his meteoritic rise within the bank, but it came at a dear cost -- a virtually nonexistent personal life."

When Devyn confidently said, "Well, I am going to change that," Marsha realized that this teenager was the spark that had been sorely lacking in my life...a much-needed infusion of vitality and the unexpected. But the dilemma facing Marsha was how to fan that spark until it burned brightly and dispelled the darkness from my life.

My crafty Senior Executive Assistant of many years encouraged Devyn's stated goal by sharing her observations as to how I thought, why I acted, my weaknesses, and especially my idiosyncrasies. As Marsha did so, the possibility that Devyn might be a suitable protégé and her eventual replacement began to take root.

"Hmmm, that's not a bad idea," Marsha mused to herself. "Both Brad and Devyn are 'needy' in their own way, and when I'm retired, they might be able to give each other what they're missing. Hmmm...despite their big age difference, I wonder..."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Dev! This is Brad! Happy Birthday! Hey, it's not every day that a certain someone turns eighteen and legally becomes an adult. How did I know? Well, Marsha mentioned it when she was updating me on your newly furnished place. You know you don't have to be so...frugal. Spend more...you're good for it. All that matters is that you like it and are happy.

"Brad, my new place is neat! I know that Marsha wanted me to buy more things...but I got only what I needed. Why? I didn't to go too much into your debt... hmmph," Dev snorted but I swear I could hear her snickering as she struggled not to giggle. "I have already become your 'Sugar Baby' by default. God knows what will if I owe you anymore, I will become...ahhh...what would be my next sinful status in our kinky relationship...oh, how about your 'kept woman?'"

"Enough of that, you sass-butt girl, hmmph! You better be careful because someone might overhear you. Not knowing that you love to tease and make me squirm, they would get the wrong idea about me...even though my intentions and actions have been honorable. Hmmph! Young people nowadays...no respect for their elders!

"Anyway...I called to see if you didn't have plans, I'd like to celebrate your birthday with you...that is if you don't mind being seen with a decrepit tall lanky haole guy. Are you open for another fine dining adventure... or...do you want to do something else this coming weekend? We'd be celebrating your birthday so what do you want to do?"

"Yes, I would like to be with you...and this weekend is fine. However, if we went to some fancy restaurant, Marsha would insist that I buy another dress and shoes besides getting a full-blown cosmetic makeover. You know she's more than willing to have me spend your money. But no. Can't we do something that doesn't cost money...like going to the beach? "

"Dev, I hate to disappoint you but I haven't been to the beach in ages...plus the two of us on a public beach would draw a lot of unwanted attention. If seen by the wrong people, it would result in unfounded conjecture and some sick rumors."

Yet when I heard the sigh of disappointment that escaped her lips, I quickly said, "Say, I do have a buddy who has a North Shore beach house that he's always willing to let me use. It's rather basic but is on the shoreline. Besides indoor plumbing, a full kitchen, two separate bedrooms...not that we'd be sleeping over...it has a good sun deck for private tanning and a barbecue area. I'm not much in the kitchen, but I can grill a mean steak...and if you're really nice, I'll throw in a lobster tail too. What do you think?"

"Wow! You cooking for me? Now, that's special and something that I could get used to. And, since I've never tried lobster, you'd be surprised at just how 'nice' I can be when I want something badly. But I've got to ask why you said that we wouldn't be sleeping over."

"Dev, I thought you told me upfront "no sex" and that you intended to remain a virgin until you found a guy you loved. Just because you're legally an adult now, I don't think..."

"Ewww, Brad! Did I say anything about getting 'hot and heavy' with you? But, what's wrong with us sleeping under the same roof...I mean we don't have to be in the same bedroom or bed, do we? And even if we did, that doesn't mean that we have to have sex! Now, get your mind out of the gutter, you dirty old man...and let me have a 'slumber party' that I've never had...but not one involving me breaking my vow of chastity. Is that too much to ask for a special eighteenth birthday present?"

To be honest, I didn't know what to say. From the very get-go, I was helpless when it came to Dev getting me to do whatever she wanted. Unable to figure a way out of her infallible logic, I found it easier to just acquiesce to her desires.

"Okay, okay, I give up. I'll call my friend to let him know that I'll take him up on his beach house offer. I'll ask him to have his property manager air out and set up the place to include fresh linen and bedding. I'll pick up the key from his office, leave my Mercedes at home, and will drive my jeep because I need to run it...ha, see, you don't know everything about me. I'll pick you up first thing Saturday morning, you spoiled brat, so that we can do some shopping for food along the way.".

"Good! I'll be waiting for you at the pickup area of my place. Thank you in advance for a special weekend. I have a feeling it will be one to remember."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A barely-there vibrant magenta string bikini scantily covered the ivory-toned nubile delights of Devyn Toma, my lovely Okinawan eighteen-year-old. God, am I dying again? Standing before me was the heavenly angel who rescued me...or maybe...given how hot Dev looked and the unexpected swelling in my swimming trunks, was she some young temptress out to beguile me?

"What, Brad? Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Ahhh, Dev, you are...breathtaking. You scramble this old man's wits and wreak havoc with his old body. I never fully realized just how beautiful you are."

"Why...thank you, Brad...I think," Dev said with a sweet smile of appreciation mixed with a degree of uncertainty. "I wasn't sure about wearing this bikini...and...oh my! I didn't think I would have 'that' effect on you," she murmured as she shyly lowered almond-shaped eyes but not before slyly sneaking a peek at the obvious bulge in my shorts. "I think...no, I know...that Marsha will be pleased. You know she picked it out for me."

Shocked, I didn't know if I would choke or kiss Marsha the next time I saw her. This was the first time I had seen Dev so scantily clad, and I couldn't stop my body from reacting to her. My eyes appreciatively roamed over her alluring young body and the four skimpy cloth triangles that barely managed to cover enough of Dev to make her decent...just barely.

The two flimsy pieces of her top covered her modest breasts but struggled to conceal her noticeable nipple bumps. Additionally, they failed miserably whenever she leaned forward or bent over, causing her cups to pucker or fall away. As such, I was treated to fleeting glimpses of her perky snow-white cones of soft flesh that projected from her small chest. Every once in a while Dev unknowingly flashed me her dark pink puffy areolas and what looked like her tender nipples nestled in her shallow bra cups.

In a desperate effort to tear my eye away from Dev's intriguing boobs, I let my eyes wander over her flat soft stomach to appreciate the curve of her hips that were just right for her petite size. My southward visual journey, however, came to a screeching halt once I clearly saw her bikini bottom (if you could call it that). Suspended by thin straps from her hips, the little front triangle cupped (scooped would be a better word) her teenage pussy so snuggly that I swear I could see a slight indent of her camel-toed twat.

Seeing where I was looking, Devyn quickly dropped a hand and then brought a thigh forward to block my view of her nether delights. However, in doing so, she exposed her backside that although was covered a bit more, readily revealed for my viewing pleasure the curve of her tight butt cheeks.

"Oooh, I knew that this bikini was a mistake!" whined Devyn in embarrassment "I told Marsha that I felt like I was wearing nothing, and would be flashing my privates to you. But Marsha simply said that if I had 'it,' then I shouldn't be ashamed to flaunt 'it.' Can you believe that she even took me to a waxing salon...yeow, did it sting...just so I could wear this rather tiny bikini bottom? Besides feeling stupid, I feel naked...and so uncomfortable!"

"Devyn Toma, you've got nothing to be ashamed of. As I've said before and will say again, 'You're beautiful.' However, this is supposed to be your birthday celebration. You shouldn't be self-conscious...uptight...and struggling not to show me what you don't want me to see.

"So, with that being said, put on that light sundress that you were wearing earlier... relax...and be comfortable...especially around me. But...I've got to warn you, you pretty little thing, that if you show me what you have, I will certainly look. Hey, I've got to keep you on your toes and stay true to my hidden lecherous nature that you're always reminding me of...heh, heh, heh."

"Thanks, Brad, I always knew you were a gentleman...even though your physical reaction to me was...well...unexpected," Dev said while she glanced at the bulge in my shorts. "I guess I'll have to take 'it' as some form of perverted compliment. Hmmph!"

"Enough of that, you sassy girl...oh, that's right...sassy young...very young...woman. Now, scat, and put something on before you give me a heart attack!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"Ummm," sighed a contented Dev, "I really loved that grilled lobster tail with butter was absolutely divine. I could definitely get used to eating it... especially if you're cooking it for me. Definitely."

"Well, it's been a while since I've cooked for an appreciative good-looking woman...and having said that, I wouldn't mind doing it again if it will make you happy." As was happening more and more often, Dev's response to my comment was a wonderful smile and a kiss on the cheek.

We had just put away what little food was left, showered, and changed into our sleepwear before lounging on the couch. For me, it was a tank top with baggy swim shorts, and for Dev, it was a large loose cotton sleep shirt. From the noticeable pointy bumps in her shirt's front, I knew that she was braless (and possibly more), but having seen my birthday girl in her scanty string bikini, this was rather anticlimactic.

"I'm sorry that there's nothing but cable television for entertainment. As I mentioned up front, this beach house is somewhat basic with very few amenities."

"That's okay, Brad. Having a slumber party with you is all that matters to me. Plus, Marsha told me to watch an old Elvis Presley movie called 'Blue Hawaii' that's being televised tonight on Turner Classic Movies. Her mom was a cast extra in the movie and became a huge Elvis fan. Marsha wanted me...and I guess you too... to pay special attention to his hit song, 'Can't Help Falling In Love.' It was her mom's favorite song...and did you know, it's Marsha's too? So, I hope you're ready for a night at the movies with me?"

"Blue Hawaii" was a typical Elvis Presley movie based on a corny plot, a good-looking leading lady, a young romance, and full of Elvis singing. However, when it came to the special song, Elvis sang the slow love ballad in such a way that made you pay attention to the lyrics:

"Wise men say / Only fools rush in // But I can't help falling in love with you // Shall I stay? Would it be a sin / If I can't help falling in love with you?"

I gulped as I realized that my devious Senior Executive Assistant had meant this first verse specifically for me and my growing attraction to Dev. Although I had couched my actions towards the eighteen-year-old who snuggled against me as repaying a life debt, they now seemed somehow not advisable or smart. For some inexplicable reason, I (as the song said) foolishly rush in...and found myself becoming involved with a teenager who was some thirty-plus years younger than me...a definite no-no...especially for a man of my position.

Just then Dev held my arm as she pressed against my shoulder, causing me to lean toward her. Although I tried to deny it, no matter how I sliced and diced it, Dev had captured my attention and caused my heart to have feelings that I hadn't felt in a long time. I found myself wanting to be with her and knew that as improbable as it seemed I wanted more than just a friendship.