Falling Leaf

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"No, I am wrong. You are not hopeless at all."

He shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe I was...yesterday. Today? Well, it seems to me a lot's happened in the past couple of days."

"So. You are a romantic. A hopeful romantic, yes? What am I going to do with you?"

He smiled at the leaf in her hand, at the smile in her eyes. He smiled at the possibilities life gave us from time to time, at the infinite varieties of loss and love outside each and every window, love often within reach, and sometimes – forever just out of reach.

He stood, held out his hand, and she reached up to him.

Time.

All he could think about was time. There was not a moment to lose.

"What are you going to do with me?" he repeated as he looked into her eyes. "I'm not sure that it matters, as long as we're together."

She looked at him as he spoke, lost in a thought. "Are you a wizard?"

"Me?" He grinned again, then shrugged his shoulders. "Well, you never can tell about these things, I reckon."

"I think you must be. There is so much magic around you."

"Magic?" he said, then he took her hand in his and kissed it, lost inside a million questions.

She held the fallen leaf up to the sky, studied the shape of this day with the sun on her face, and then she saw the structure of her life inside the veiny lattice...

And perhaps Suki's life, and Viktor's too.

And this man, this magician by her side? Could someone like him ever be bound by something so illusory?

"Yes," she said after looking at him for a moment. "Together. All of us, we are bound together. Us, the world we make, the magic we share." Somehow, she could tell he knew exactly what she was thinking, and she wondered what he might see in the structure of this leaf...but then...she already knew the answer to that question.

All she had do was look at this man, and his Falling Leaf, and everything became clear again. For whatever reason time had brought them together, and she held the little leaf to her heart.

(C)2015 Adrian Leverkühn | ABW

  • COMMENTS
8 Comments
shuttlepilotshuttlepilotover 7 years ago
Coming alive

You have made the South Bay come alive on paper... thank you.

teedeedubteedeedubover 8 years ago
Agreed

Very powerful stuff. Especially to those of us who have 'aged'. Thanks for sharing.

kjohns2001kjohns2001over 8 years ago
So lovely

Such a lovely story. This is a grand romance with more than a touch of pain and loss as well. The love and magic shine through every word of it though.

bruce22bruce22over 8 years ago
Another Great Work

The author is probably the best writer of prose that we have on the site. All his stories are worth thinking about. Being fairly old myself I found him inspiring.

rightbankrightbankover 8 years ago
beautiful

so many themes, all running through, going their own directions, pulling us with them.

I would love to see falling leaf.

btw, the Tags do not do the story justice.

Show More
Share this Story

story TAGS

Similar Stories

The Promise Promises are meant to be kept.in Romance
Hero's Reward One brave deed holds the key to unlocking a scarred heart.in Romance
A Summer By The Lake She fell in poison oak, then love.in Romance
The Mountain Some mountains are higher than others.in Romance
The Accident Accidents happen.in Romance
More Stories