Family Feud at Black Creek

Story Info
Popuar TV Drama Series threatened by feud.
8.1k words
4.31
4.9k
2
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Chapter 1

Many citizens of the Australian inland city of Black Creek were fascinated by the family feuding that threaten Australia's hugely popular TV show, The Settlers, now into filming in the Black Creek district of the second 12-part series.

The Settlers was the first drama series to be produced by local broadcasting company Bee-Creek Radio and TV, owned by the wealthy mining family, the Hinton's, whose forebears established in the area during the years of the short-lived gold rush of 1848.

The current family head, Rupert Hinton, chairman of the company, had just announced that the current series would be pulled unless the contracted film production company Aussie Moving Pictures Ltd, ordered that the male lead Harry McPhee be written out of the series by suffering a fatal snake bite and Rupert's nephew and supporting lead Bart (Bartholomew) Hinton would emerge as the new leading man.

Russ (Russell) Knight, speaking on behalf of the backers of the series, of which Dry Country Breweries owned by the Knight family was the largest single investor, warned in the Black Creek Mail newspaper that that TV pleasure of millions of viewers of the series that was throughout most of Australia as well as in several other countries, was being compromised by the crazy interference by the Hinton's and it was likely to resurrect the old claim that water diviner Joseph Hinton had founded the settlement and not Casey Knight.

Russ said The Settlers was emerging as one of the most successful TV services produced in Australia. Series 1 had screened in 37 countries. With the second series underway, TV stations/networks in 58 counties had signed up for the epic show. He appealed to the city not to allow Ruby Hinton (the nickname referring to Mr Hinton's overly red face) from threatening to scupper The Settlers.

Exercising restraint, Rupert Hinton was quoted in next morning's newspaper as saying the time had come to settle the festering feuding between the two families once and for all. The first step was to reliably settle the claim of who founded the city. The black water creek, after which the town was named, was contaminated by a leaching coal seam during the underground section of the creek flowing under high hills.

"The history of the Black Creek community of the past, the present and for the benefit of countless generations to come, requires that the research be conducted with absolute transparency so that the population can be satisfied the true founder of the city had been established. Optimistically, I'm confident that that name will be Hinton."

Mary Knight, reading those comments to husband Russ, who in the outside shower by the swimming pool cursed.

"Here we go again, more feuding. I bet that statement by Ruby who's, only half-literate, was composed for him by his wife Professor Julie Hinton and I bet Ruby has only one testicle."

Russ sighed and told his wife to ease back on her malicious comments.

Mary said sharply, "Do you really think anyone can feud without insults and fuelling the squabble with foul rumours?"

"How could you know he has fewer than two nuts Mary unless you're been naughty with him?"

"Go bite your bum and apologise to me, you nasty man. Your extended family will expect you to deal with this upset heroically and to keep your mind above your fucking belt. And stop insulting your wife."

She threw the newspaper at him but of course the shower door was closed.

When dressed, Russ called the manager of Radio Hinton and said he wished to make a statement to the community at 9:00 next morning.

Tom Hinton said, "I'm sorry Russ but I've received orders from Rupert to ban you from this station and that applies also to your legal mouthpieces."

Russ didn't bother replying.

He attempted to enter the radio station building at 8:40 next morning but was blocked from entering by two security guards armed with batons.

Big Russ (he was 6ft 4 with a huge beer belly) said, walking away, "You'll regret this, boys."

That threat was overheard and rumour swept the town.

An hour later Russ surrounded by ten guys carrying rifles marched down Access Avenue and the gathering crowd on both sides of the main thoroughfare watched in silence.

The security guards at the radio station saw what was coming and slammed the steel door shut and bolted it.

Russ and his crew stood clear while one of his men ran forward and planted a small explosive charge against the lock. He darted back and the twin doors were blown into the lobby.

Russ and two of his armed men entered the building while the other guys held back the crowd, holding ups their guns skywards and looking menacing

Russ told the perspiring manager, "I'm here to make that broadcast in lieu of your 10 am news bulletin, Tom. If I'm refused or my broadcast is interfered with in any way, in the pursuit of justice my men will ransack your premises but none of you will be harmed except those two security guys but I'll deal with them personally."

"All right Mr Knight. Come this way Mr Knight and I'll personally supervise your broadcast and instruct staff accordingly."

Russ announced on air that the stupid stance by Ruby Hinton meant the old feud between the two families was on the cusp of breaking out again.

"By taking this stance and interfering with the filming of the second series of The Settlers, Ruby is staring in the face of financial ruin. I will sue him for breach of contract and I'm thinking of claiming $60 million in respect of my maliciously wasted investment and marketing benefits sounds about right and I'll finance any member of the cast who wishes to join in a class action to recover potential loss of earnings and other claims of damage."

"Furthermore, financial claims from more than scores of foreign TV companies who already have screened Series 1 or are screening it now and who have prepared for and promoted the upcoming screening of Series 2, which now in the final stages of filming and with the post-production activity well underway."

"Ruby I say this: I'm calling for a truce. You join with me to ask Chief Judge Ronald Collins to seek and appoint a leading researcher with the qualifications to establish who founded our city. That expert must have absolutely no connection with the Hinton and Knight families and must be a person who appears incorruptible."

"Ruby it's now over to you to accept my offer or perish financially. You're basically not a bad guy and we've occasionally had a beer together. Just do the right thing Ruby. My men are holding this station under gunpoint to prevent the cops piling in to stop me broadcasting. Ring Tom Hinton within the next 10 minutes with your answer that will be broadcast. Meanwhile I'll yack on about what I like about The Settlers series."

Three minutes later Tom took a call and put it live on radio.

"Tom this is your uncle Rupert. Big Belly Knight has accepted my initiative to reach final settlement of the feuding of our two families over generations about who founded the settlement of Black Creek. He has agreed to withdraw his interference with my control of the castings and the script of the show."

"I hereby unreservedly withdraw my threat to shut down the filming of The Settlers Series 2 so long as Russ' undertakings remain in place. Russ, I respect you for your initiative and your sincerity to try to settle our feud. That's all."

Vehicle horns began blaring and people cheered throughout of the city, bringing out people, who hadn't listened to the pirate broadcast, wondering if the State or Federal Government had been taken over by a battalions of Greenies, or some sort of national disaster had occurred such as Australian losing the latest Ashes cricket test in the series against England.

Russ was arrested by the police for creating a massive public disturbance and for illegally permitting the use of explosives within the city's boundaries and damaging private property.

* * *

At the remote film-set camp in South Australia, Bart Hinton was congratulated by the film director attached to the film unit from Melbourne for having a sensible father with leadership qualities.

Leslie Adams kissed him and said she was off to talk to the producer about a script re-write in the second series to provide for the introduction of a Knight female to emerge as a co-leading lady fighting for dominance.

Bart said, "Jesus, that's brilliant Leslie. You talk to Bert and if he and the writers agree then you talk to Faye (the leading lady). I'm off to Sydney to talk to the character you might just think is ideal for the role."

"Who, Claire Knight?"

"Yeah."

"Bart, I'm telling you that will be a waste of time. She of all Knight's hates your guts the most. But go ahead, have you time of being abused. I'll rearrange schedules; you have 48 hours to be back here."

"Oh, come on sweetie."

Leslie sighed and said he had sixty hours to return to resume his part in filming.

"You're a darling."

"Yes, and I advise you not to flirt with Claire or try to poke that thing of yours into her."

"Good advice but you know I only accept your advice in respect of filming. Bye."

Bart drove quickly through the rising heat in his racy red modified Colorado Storm special edition Ute (pick-up).

His mother came out to greet him.

"Mum, pack a bag and fly me to Sydney."

"I heard the broadcast, the threat against filming has been resolved by your father."

"I know, I'm on a special mission; get packing."

As the single-engine light aircraft with seating for a pilot and up to six passengers lifted off the country airfield and was headed for Sydney, Alyson said, "Bart, it's common knowledge that you can be a real bastard at times and a spoilt brat but deep down you have a good heart. However, this off the top mission of yours is ridiculous. Claire Knight has settled into work as a lawyer and she'll still hate you for dumping her for that American slut."

"But mum she's a Knight and knows boys will be boys. She'll do this for me, I know she will."

"God you can be such a real wet at times."

"Mum despite my few shortcomings, do you have faith in me?"

"Yes of course I do; I'm your mother."

"Then what's the problem?"

Alyson sighed and said they were at flying altitude and invited him to take over flying the Beechcraft G36 Bonanza. She radioed the control tower in charge of that sector of their flight path with details of the change of pilot who would be under her supervision.

Bart was near-completing all requirements for gaining his private pilot's licence with just some dual navigation study and making the stipulated period of across country flying solo to become eligible for a flying test.

* * *

A group of six young female lawyers were seated outside a Sydney waterfront café noisily having lunch when Bart approached them.

"Hi Claire."

The Knight red-head looked up and frowned.

One of her companions cried, "Omigod it's Caesar Bolton, the lead in The Settlers.

In the melee with all the girls except Claire gathered around Caesar err Bart and people came out of the café to investigate the noise and pedestrians stopping to see who the VIP was. Bart was told repeatedly that it was great the series to continue and it would now be even more popular.

He was invited to sit but he eyed Claire and said, "Claire come with me please; we need to talk."

"I've nothing to say to you, Asshole."

Her companions looked horrified.

"You have the choice of coming into the café to sit with me or if you refuse, I'll carry you in."

Claire appeared about to defy him and take the risk but was surprised to hear two of her companions say if he had to carry Claire, they would help.

She glared at Bart and said very well and he replied politely, "Thanks Claire."

But she gaped along with her lunch companions when he said, "I've just come from filming on-site: you have been invited to accompany me to Melbourne for an interview and screen test. You may already know we have no Knight in a leading role in the cast."

Claire said nothing and began walk inside followed by Bart, leaving her companions sounding like a flock of Galahs (Cockatoos) as they all chatted together.

Claire said sullenly, "I'd resolved never to speak to you again."

"Yeah Claire, and I don't blame you because I was a complete jerk. But this is bigger than both of us."

"Oh yeah, and I take it you've consulted a spin doctor?"

Bart ignored that and asked had she heard the radio broadcast involving their fathers.

"Yes, and who hasn't. It's been on TV and a couple of radio stations are replaying the broadcast every hour or so, each time with additional embellishments."

"Well, the film's on-location director this morning told me she wants to introduce a Knight into the cast, one good enough to rise to the role of joint leading lady and she'd talking to her company about that. I said I know the only Knight capable to taking that role."

"Oh yes, and you thought of it as your chance to get your slimy hands on me again."

"Listen Claire, I did say this is bigger than you and me and I meant that sincerely. Two things are happening. One, our fathers are serious about attempting to end the feud and, two, I'm guessing here, the writers will be asked to work into the script a fictitious version of our family feud."

Claire said sharply, "This is all of your making. Have you been told there will be a third series?"

"No."

"Have you been told the feuding will be written into the script?"

"No."

"Then what's it with you?"

Bart said calmly although she might not recognise it, he had intelligence.

"It's intelligent to assume with a strong degree of certainly that by including a Knight as a new leading player in the series and this latest publicity over the feud, with your father at present probably waiting to be bailed out of police custody for leading an armed invasion of a radio station, we have what is called the ultimate in conflict. Therefore, logic says the third series will be fired up by you competing to dominate the long-standing leading lady Megan O'Callaghan."

"But I'm not an actress and I'm staying here in Sydney to prove my worth as a lawyer that I must admit is not really firing so far."

Bart dropped his card on that table and said to call him and he'd come and collect her for the flight to the film casting specialists in Melbourne to be assessed for the part if the proposal was to go ahead."

"Bart I've told you no way."

He began walking off and turned and called, "You owe this to your family Claire who are smarting that a Knight doesn't have a leading role in The Settlers. You have to make the attempt."

Bart was stopped by some diners who recognised him and he looked back and smiled. Claire, head down, was talking earnestly on her phone and gesticulating.

Chapter 2

When away from the café, Bart called his mother.

"My bet is Claire will call me in a couple of hours to say she's flying to Melbourne with us."

"But darling I've not long started shopping."

"Oh well, may we leave after lunch tomorrow?"

"That will be wonderful darling. I'll see you back at the hotel for dinner."

Bart's phone rang.

Claire said without any sign of warmth or excitement, "Fortunately the head of HR of the law firm where I work is a huge fan of The Settlers. I'm now on two weeks' leave and she has undertaken to negotiate my terms of resignation."

"Err, but nothing is set in concrete yet," Bart said nervously.

"I know but I've decided I'll never be much of a lawyer as I'm a bit flighty and can't take some people seriously and tend to over-react when challenged whenever I'm under stress."

"Well you are a red-head."

She half-laughed and said she'd also decided to allow Bart to prove his affection, if any, for her.

"Mum has long said I should give you a second chance, that some people deserve it. Come back and woo me Bart."

* * *

In the cab ride to Claire's apartment she began kissing Bart and they were into it so enthusiastically the cabbie asked them in broken English not to do it in his vehicle.

Claire pulled away flushing heavily while Bart complained, "Aw."

She said, chest heaving, "Can you wait ten minutes; we are not far from the apartment?"

He nodded and pulled her back into his arms and stroked her cheek and then had to take a call.

Claire attended to her make-up, unable to hear that caller whose voice was somewhat muffled but she recognised the caller was female.

"Oh wow, right on," Bart said.

"Proposing a third series, oh brilliant Leslie."

"Yes, we can and what a great idea. Give her my phone number. We plan to leave shortly after midday tomorrow for your HQ people in Melbourne for Claire to be assessed by casting experts and a film test."

"No mum's the pilot and she wants to continue shopping in Sydney in the morning."

Bart completed the call and told Claire that call was the film director. The series' producer had approved of Claire being tested for the proposed new part and both screenwriters had jumped at the idea and their suggestion that a third series be authorized was being considered. That was a proposal that would have to be referred to all principal parties involved.

"Well Mr Clever, your intelligence was right on the button."

"Oh, one more thing; Leslie has arranged for a Melbourne drama coach to fly back with us to Black Creek and work with you exclusively. More intense coaching will follow, probably here in Sydney rather than Melbourne, if everything is approved."

"That's fine and I'll leave stuff behind as my apartment belongs to mum and dad. They often visit Sydney on business and to see shows and the major rugby league finals and international visiting teams competing against Australia."

Bart went into the apartment thinking despite the promising start, Claire was just as likely to tell him to keep zipped up.

"Call your mother and tell her you're staying here tonight with me and we'll join her for dinner. She can choose the location and you'll be the host."

"Okay, I'll do that."

Claire said sexily, "Join me in ten minutes in the shower. I've not had a decent bang in a shower since I last was with you. You have the balance, strength and stamina to engineer a great shower fuck."

"Wow, I had the impression you didn't think there was anything good about me."

"Well if you must know, all through my university years and since I've not experienced even one guy that can roll me as thoroughly and you do and have your audacity to pat his dick and ask expectedly, "More?"

"You never told me that; those are the kind of accolades that men yearn to hear."

"Well, I've had my father call me out for being a hard-nosed bitch who wants her own way on her terms, you were never around to hear that. By the time I may have been ready to flatter you Bart, you were attempting to bang the arse off that American with big tits. Christ Bart, and she was married."

"Yes, but Claire let's be fair, she told me her husband found it impossible to satisfy her."

"Shut up Bart, don't be an inflammatory arsehole."

Bart felt like telling her to wash out her foul mouth, but knew, in the present circumstances, there was so much to lose if he didn't continue to allow her to criticise and occasionally tongue-lash him.

Perhaps he could influence the drama coach to spend some time on teaching Claire to stop acting like a bitch.

She received an incoming call.

Claire said, "I'd briefed my father and he's replied that he's agreeable to this going ahead in the interest of having a Knight, in other words me, in line to become the co-lead actress. But he says this is conditional on you signing a legal document before we fly out tomorrow promising you won't touch me in any manner prior to filming and during filming mum must be with me at all times."