Family Tradition Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

*****

I interviewed, and I got the job. It paid $500 a week to start, and I would be working 8 AM to 4:30 PM Monday to Friday. I would be a glorified switchboard operator, but I would be working in Williamson, in an office in the house of Larry Danville, a traveling agent. I would answer phone calls, including claims, sales, and questions, and take detailed messages.

Now I needed to find a place to stay, and I think I knew someone who had a spare room. I drove over to Mary's house, but her car was gone. That was okay; I came to see Margie. She was glad to see me and made me some lunch. When I got around to my purpose for coming to see her, she laughed and asked when I wanted to move in?

She walked me around her property and said I could live rent-free if I would do some projects inside and outside. Duh, does Henry love Mary?

So I quit my job, moved into Margie's spare bedroom, worked, and used all the tools Margie's husband left behind, completing one project after another on her house, car, and yard.

Night's when Mary didn't have to study, she ate dinner with Margie and me, and then we went back to her house to snuggle, talk, and neck while the TV was on. We had a couple of close calls when her mother showed up unannounced.

*****

School let out in early May, and I started to sleep in Mary's bed. She had informed me that we couldn't have pre-marital sex; because she had to be a virgin when she married. I suggested pre-marital foreplay and got slapped, not very hard, and I did get a kiss.

Her brother John graduated, and she went with her parents to watch the ceremony.

Summer was going by quickly, and Mary had only gone back to Hill Valley for four days around Independence Day, so I wasn't left alone much. She was working full-time hours at the store, and we both were saving most of our paychecks, with food being our only expense. Her kisses were getting hotter by the day but still no sex, although I peeked on her rubbing herself in the shower.

We didn't go out much, actually not at all, so I was stunned when the Friday night before classes started in August, she was waiting for me when I got home, dressed to party.

"What's up, Mary?"

"I want to have a night out with my guy before class starts. Go shower, and I have your clothes laid out at Margie's."

Well, since I didn't have to dress up for work, I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt; I needed to dress up a little to come close to Mary's outfit. So I ran next door, endured laughter from Margie as I passed through the living room, saw my clothes, and dressed. I was in a hurry, so no shower. Checking my hair in the mirror, I had to admit Mary had picked my clothes to match what she was wearing.

As I passed through the living room, I told Margie, I don't think we're eating here tonight. She cracked up then, so I guess Mary had already told her. Mary drove my car, and we went to dinner at a local steak house where we met a couple named Chris and Ava, who worked at the grocery store with Mary.

After we ordered, the talk shifted, and it became apparent to me why they were here. Mary must have spoken to her co-workers about pre-marital sex, and they believed I was the person saying no to sex before marriage. Okay, by me, I can go along with this. Going to dinner and dancing with Mary might be the start of a sex life together.

We ate and drove over to a local music hall that had dancing. I knew how to dance but had never danced with Mary because we never dated, just worked. She started drinking as soon as we sat down, but I slowed her down by taking her onto the dance floor. After three dances, Chris and Ava switched up with us, and I was dancing with Ava.

I remember her saying, "You should lighten up about no pre-marital sex. There's nothing wrong as long as you take precautions to stay safe."

My reply was, "I agree 100%. But I'm not the one saying no, and I think Mary is trying to build up her nerve to say yes."

"Oops, we misread her. Chris and I thought you were the naysayer. Dance over that way and switch partners. Maybe we can still help the two of you."

I was giddy with excitement as I took Mary into my arms and danced to a slow Elvis love song. We didn't speak, and we talked with our eyes. After two more dances, Mary took off for the ladies room, and Ava followed her. Chris and I sat, and an awkward silence invaded our table. Finally, he broke the silence, "I feel embarrassed that we didn't pick up on who was saying stop. Mary has been asking many questions, and we..., well, she had us fooled."

"Don't sweat it. I had resigned myself to no sex, which was much better than no Mary."

Mary walked out of the bathroom and headed my way at flank speed, said goodnight to Chris and Ava, grabbed my hand, and off we went to my car. She jumped into the driver's seat and held her hand out for my keys. Not one to argue, I handed them to her. Everything went well until she punched the accelerator and whipped out onto the cross street, right in front of Deputy Sheriff Willis, that very same deputy that handcuffed me at Mary's house.

Click, his lights came on, and I said, "Mary, you need to slow...."

She didn't slow down, so the dreaded siren came on. That caught her attention, and she pulled over, shifted the car to park, and shut the engine off. The deputy approached her door, tugging up his gun belt, "Mary? Where's the fire? You almost hit my car. Hello, Henry, how are you?"

Mary turned and looked at him with both hands on the steering wheel. I don't know what expression she had on her face, but Deputy Willis took a step back and walked around to my door.

"Henry, could you get out and bring the keys with you?"

I did indeed grab the keys, and we talked. After speaking for a few minutes, he let me move Mary into the passenger seat and drive home. As I put the car in park, she was out the door and inside her house, just like that. I followed, and after locking the front door, I went to her bedroom. Her back was to me, and she let her unzipped dress fall to the floor before she unsnapped her bra and let it slide out of her hand. Then she turned and faced me wearing only panties and a timid smile while covering her breasts with her hands.

She was so cute, and after I slowly undressed, I laid Mary on the bed and slid her panty off. Lying next to her, I began exploring her body, and after a moment, I placed her hand around my penis.

"Stroke it; that's my penis, cock, dick, prick, and other names. I'm going to put it in your vagina, pussy, honey pot, muff, and go in and out. And when we are married, and you're not on birth control, my cum and your eggs will make beautiful baby boys and girls." As I finished speaking, she turned white, out of fear, I thought.

"Oh, I've frightened you. We don't have to do it now."

"Yes, I want to. Do you have any condoms?"

I had three in a baggy in my back pocket. Before Mary could say no, or stop, or don't, my tongue was on her clit, and she was flying to her first orgasm and then her second one. I stopped, put on a rubber, and prepared to storm the treasure room. Two hours and three full condoms later, Mary had that satisfied look I would see if I was lucky for the rest of my life.

"Do you have any more condoms, Henry?"

*****

Life continued moving forward, I worked, Mary went to classes and studied, and the stock price of Trojan Brand was going up.

November 1st arrived with something looking at me in my sleep. I awoke, and Marys' face was inches from mine.

"Good, you're awake; we need to talk."

"You're pregnant?"

"No, silly. I started the pill seven days ago, and the doctor said we could throw away the rubbers."

Too bad, Trojan, no more money from me.

"The other thing is, I have to go home for Thanksgiving, and I want to tell my parents and grandparents about you before I let them meet you."

"Okay, I wish I could go with you, but I can spend the time with my family."

Thanksgiving came, and I slept over in my old room after we feasted. Ted ate with us, but he was uncharacteristically speechless. He and my Mom did exchange looks at each other when I talked about Mary.

Friday morning and Mom asked me how Mary and I were getting along? I told her everything was fine. Then she asked, and I'll never forget this question if I live to be Ninety, "Your brother says you're still saving yourself for marriage, so I wanted to...."

"MOM. First, that slug is not my brother. Second, he doesn't know about my sex life. And third, do you know how embarrassing it is for your mother to ask, how's the sex life?"

"Sorry, I was just saying don't buy the cow until you've tasted the milk."

"I'm going for a walk, a very long walk. If I'm not back by morning, it's because I walked across county lines, to the airport, to fly to Morocco, to join the French Foreign Legion." I walked out the kitchen door, slamming it behind me. I walked for three hours on the back roads toward the college. Getting tired, I walked to a truck stop nearby and got a ride to Williamson. From a gas station off the exit ramp, I called a cab to take me the rest of the way home. For the first and only time, Margie was shocked to see me, especially without my car.

She made me something to eat as I recounted my conversation with Mom.

"Seems personal to me, almost like she's afraid you're going to be hurt. I may be old, but I knew when you and Mary hooked up the first time. Maybe if your Mom met Mary, she'd figure it out and stop worrying about you?"

I called my dad and let him know I was okay and needed some time to myself. I stayed the rest of Friday and Saturday at Margie's. When Mary got home Saturday afternoon, and before she could strip, I asked her to drive me back home to get my car and meet my parents. I explained my disagreement with my mother, and Mary wrote it off as fear of losing a grown-up child.

We drove back, and when we got there, my car was still sitting in front of the house. Walking inside, Mom got very excited to see me, and then she almost passed out seeing me lead Mary through the doorway by her hand.

"Mom, Dad, this is Mary." Mary was staring at me with love, playing with a curl on my head that wouldn't flatten.

She stopped fiddling and said, "Hi Dad," and hugged him. Then she stepped over to my Mom, "MOM. Henry talks about you all the time. Don't worry; I'm taking good care of him. He's so cute; I just love him to death."

"Mom, does this answer your question?"

She smiled, "Yes. Someone must have given me some false information."

"Stop feeding him, and he'll find another house to eat at."

We talked a bit and then made our escape.

*****

The second weekend in December, we went to Mary's parents' home for a Sunday dinner. At dinner, I sat between her Aunt Lois and her mother, Millie. Directly opposite me was Mary's Grandmother, Agnes. While eating, I got the third and fourth degree from the women between bites of food. The questions asked were filled with who, what, when, where, and why, as if I was running for president. Most of my answers were a few words or grunts, and Agnes never took her eyes off me.

After dinner, Mary's Father, Joe, Grandfather, Frank, and Uncle Jeff, rescued me, taking me out to the barn where Frank could smoke. The interrogation by the men was just as nosy as the one by the ladies, just more subtle. Later they switched over to telling stories about when they were courting, silly things that happened, and other funny snapshots of the family.

On the way home, Mary was quiet, which worried me. When she spoke, I was startled a little but was listening when she said, "Mother would like us to come on the 22nd and leave on the 27th. What about your job?"

"I have to work all day on the 23rd, so we can drive up and get there by dinner time. I have to be back to work on the 27th, so we have to leave the afternoon of the 26th."

"What about your parents?"

"Dad's taking Mom on a two-week cruise starting December 20th and returning after the new year."

*****

I felt more comfortable going back to Millie's house at Christmas because Mary filled me in on names and family units. I knew Frank and Agnes have five daughters, but only three were coming.

Lois, the oldest, and her husband Jeff have two married daughters and five granddaughters. Millie and Joe have two boys, Tom and John, and Mary, their only daughter. The youngest daughter was Susan, married to Alistair, and had four daughters, the oldest a junior in high school.

At 6:15 PM, on the 23rd, I pulled my car onto the long driveway leading to Agnes and Frank's home. There were extra vehicles there already, so I parked in a spot that shouldn't have been empty; it was too close to their home. As I carried our bags through the door, a young man came up and took them from me as he muttered, "Hi, I'm John." Then he headed upstairs to the second floor. I was tired and went to bed at 9:30. I don't know what time Mary came to bed.

*****

The 24th was a whirlwind around me; the woman cooked; Frank, Joe, and Jeff, when he went off duty, kept me busy in the barn until dinner. Jeff and Joe talked to me; Jeff told me stories about his time in the Navy, and Joe spoke about working in a prestigious laboratory for an S&P 500 company.

Were they trying to put me down because I didn't go to college?

After dinner, John was yelled at by Agnes to take out the trash, but there were two big bags full of kitchen garbage by the door. As John went out with the first bag, I saw a tear beginning at the bottom. I grabbed a new bag and ran out the door, yelling for him to stop. We managed to get the new bag over the tear and tied it off. He muttered something and carried it to the garage. I went back in to get the second bag, and Agnes said, "Leave that for John. That's his job."

I shook my head and went outside carrying the bag. Halfway to the barn, John took it from me. "You shouldn't have brought me this bag; grandmother will be angry."

"She was. I don't think Agnes likes me very much."

When we were eating dessert, Mary asked me, "What did you do to grandmother? She was in a bad mood."

"I helped John take out the trash."

Mary finished cleaning up, and she told me, "We have to go to bed, Grandmother wants to have a family meeting, and we're not invited."

I was a bit put off and, at the same time, happy that the family was telling us to go to bed and do what we want.

"Race you up the stairs, Mary."

*****

Christmas Day came, and Susan, Alistair, and their four daughters showed up. So we were tripping over each other when I decided to go upstairs. I saw John in his room, and I asked him if I could come in. He nodded.

"John, have I done something to offend you?"

"No, it's this family that is offensive. If you're smart, you'll dump Mary and run." He clammed up, and I left after a minute of silence.

I went back downstairs and tried to start a conversation with Alistair, and he said hello, and walked away, just as Jeff appeared. "Jeff, what does a Sheriff do in this age of Police Departments? Can you arrest people? How many deputies do you have?"

He spoke in generality's and grunts, turned around, and walked away. I turned to look for Mary, and she was with a gaggle in the kitchen, all married women. So I waltzed into the kitchen, took her paring knife for potatoes away, and said, "Mary, my love. I need to talk to you."

And they all shut up except Agnes, who spit out a nasty remark, "Mary has work to do, and this kitchen is no place for a boy."

Boy? Did she call me boy?

"Mary?" She looked down, not willing to cross Agnes.

"Okay, see ya." I went upstairs, put my jacket on, grabbed my suitcase, which I hadn't unpacked, and went back down the stairs and right through the front door. As I was loading my bag in the trunk of my car Mary came running through the front doorway. "Henry, wait. Henry?"

As I got in and started my car, I smiled at Mary, "Oh, are you coming with me?"

"Henry, please come back in. I don't know why you're angry."

"You don't know why I am angry? Did you hear Agnes call me boy?"

"She didn't mean anything by it; she's old and gets cranky during the holidays."

"So if I go back in, she will apologize?"

"No, probably not, but...."

"I guess that's what the family meeting was about last night; no one is to talk to Henry. But you stay, have a great dinner, and your dad can give you a ride home whenever. I'll be at Margie's." Before any more objections, I was on my way out and then driving alone on the highway.

As I walked into Margie's living room, she put a plate in the microwave and reheated it.

"Margie, how do you do that? Do you have ESPN?"

I was hungry and wolfed down ham, sweet potatoes, corn on the cob, green beans, homemade biscuits, followed by apple pie ala mode. We watched Christmas specials and talked, but I decided to stay up when Margie went to bed. In the end, I was too tired to stay up, so I went to bed.

*****

The weather forecast was good through the 29th and showed high temperatures in the sixty's. So I got up and took Margie's outside lights down and then did Mary's. Afterward, since the weather was so mild, I washed Margie's car, Mary's car, and my car. I heated some more leftovers and then went to Mary's house and took a nap on her couch.

*****

I heard a noise, a door slamming, and someone jumped on top of me. It was Mary's scent, so I opened my eyes. She was smiling, but her eyes were red.

"Hi, Mary. Are you hungry?" I saw some movement behind her, and as I lifted my head, I realized it was her father. "Joe. What happened after I left?"

"My daughter went off on her grandmother, accused her of interfering in choice of spouse, and inciting everyone to ignore you."

"She can do that, and no one talks back?"

"Yes, that's my mother-in-law."

Mary put her nickel in, "After some heated exchanges with Mom and Dad, grandmother stepped down as family matriarch and went home. Mom took over the title and would like to get together with you as soon as possible."

I took a chance, "Is she sitting in the car or standing on the porch?"

Both Mary and Joe looked up and looked at each other and then at me, so I had guessed correctly.

"Joe, would you like to invite Millie in?"

The front door opened, and Millie came in. "You're a pretty smart fellow for your age."

"Well, when no one will talk to you, and all you can do is observe, it didn't take fifteen minutes to see everyone was afraid of Agnes."

I gave the floor back to her with a hand wave.

"You are exceptionally observant. Are you a lip reader also?"

"No, but my Dad says I have ESP."

"I want to apologize for my mothers' manners, you most certainly were never properly introduced to the family, and no one was willing to go against Agnes and speak to you."

"The truth is, I was the subject of the family meeting, isn't that right, Millie?" I smiled at Millie while keeping an eye on Mary.

"Were you listening to Agnes talk?" Millie answered my question quickly.

She looked at her daughter and smiled. "No, I don't expect you were. The reason for my visit is to see if we can agree on a date soon and start over, introductions and welcoming you, something that my mother should have done on Christmas Day."

"Easter, we can return to Hill Valley, Easter weekend."

"You couldn't schedule anytime sooner...?"

"Pardon the interruption, Millie, but Mary and I need to find out if we love each other, and I need to decide if I want to take a chance on Agnes trying to split us up again."

Both statements were lies, and Mary and I both knew it.

"So the next time we meet, I hope your family will at least speak to me, except for Agnes. She hates me, and I will ignore her. No, Easter is the earliest we can get together, and after that, Memorial Day."