Far Pangaea 89 : Golden Rule

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I'll be damned. Hey there little fella. You see a mean ole dinosaur out here?" His eyes quickly scan about. Hearing nothing he crouches, "What brings an adorable Pekinese to a nasty place like this?"

Before him wagged the tail of a small black haired Pekinese. It was then he spotted the blood all over his paws and mouth. The pup seemed gentle however. Maybe he had just walked through the mess in circling the Cenote to reach him. Regardless he knew he had to go before the Indians picked up his location.

"Psi? I found a dog. Can I keep him?"

"Dog? At a time like this? Leave Buku he can get out and rendezvous with us at the Cuckoo."

"Right. Sorry Buku. See you back at the safe house." Obadiah stands up and starts walking. The dog follows him without effort. Noting his companion the General sighs, "God I hope this dog didn't kill those cats. How weird would that be?" He had to shiver.

Back at the Maltese Cuckoo.

"Work faster!" Milo Greyson kicks his console. He had circulated microscopic nanotech to do the exterior repairs. It was taking longer than anticipated.

Renee Ramse scowled from looking out a window near the exit ramp, "I'm sure that sped them up."

"They know who Boss is. By the way...3...2...1."

Behind them they hear Serena Dorsey revive from Milo's tranquilizer. Both of them frowned expecting her to lose it all over again. Having lost her Ganthorian Grandparents and her lover in a matter of minutes.

"Where are we?"

"You no remember Ser'Ena?" Milo swivels in his seat to face her.

"Oh! Yes I do. Pangaea. Where is everybody?"

"Obi, Psi, and Buku outside checking out jungle. We be hiding from..." He hesitates to finish the sentence. Lucas Dorsey was her Father. Princess Kym'Ani was very close now. If Serena knew how close she would demand to go after her then and there. They had enough problems at the moment. Instead he alters his story, "Indians. They coming home now."

"Indians?" Renee beats Serena to the punch.

"Yeppy! Muisca tribe of Columbia. Obie find the Lost City of Gold, El Dorado. It come from future to now."

"How did a whole city...I don't wanna know." Renee puffs her cheeks then adds, "Is it really all gold?"

"Every block. Every road. It very cool."

"So, the tribe came along for the trip?"

"Milo guess hundred square miles. Time is vicious thief." He withheld the name Dorsey yet again. He suspected his hand in the burglary, "Hold thought." He poises a tendril like finger, "Buku fall into Cenote. Obie find dog. Psi warding away Indians. We be here awhile."

Hearing this the Dragon Cano in his pet carrier rumbles about. Renee plants her boot on it, "Simmer down in there. You'll wake up Jimmy Jack." It was too late however. From his seat Baby James stretches and smiles before belting out the word, "PUPPY!"

"Calm down. We don't need a dog." Renee grimaces, "You are too damned smart for your age."

Milo points toward Jimmy Jack knowing the infant was going to do the unthinkable, "You no do that. He do that."

Renee averts her gaze for only a moment before looking back at James. He was already gone, his seat empty. Sudden panic Renee looks back at Milo when Serena unfastens her seatbelt to look outside, "Umm! He's sitting in the grass."

"SHIT!" Renee frets looking for the button to open their ramp. Milo quickly activates it from his console. Once down Renee bolts outside leaving Serena to admire the rich jungle atmosphere. As Renee approaches James the boy spots a butterfly and teleports forty feet from his current position. Renee became frantic, "You stop that this instant Young Man."

Stopping his movement Jimmy Jack points toward the jungle and blurts the garbled word..."GO...l...D" Renee heard him but was more concerned with catching him.

In her chase Milo's eyes bulge larger than they already were, "We got company."

Serena moves back as the ramp seals, "Are we leaving them out there?"

"No choice. Must protect you. Renee got gun in her pants. She defend."

"Against what?" Serena Dorsey looks through the glass to see Renee reach and pick up James. On her way back she stops cold to feel a pinch on her neck. Removing something Renee looks at it with bright eyes of dread. In seconds she falls back holding Jimmy Jack tightly. Her collapse into the grass made James cry. As she lay there paralyzed but aware she spots bare feet surround her. The Indians had found them. Her more specifically. The Cuckoo had gone into stealth mode. The Indians luckily had not seen the ship under its branches. They seemed more interested in Renee and James.

"Oh my God! Milo save them." Serena panics.

"Psi Chii on way. Obie close."

They hug near the window together to observe the Indians pick up both James and his Mother. They bring up a large stick and tether Renee to it. Lifting it up they transport Renee away. Another Indian carries the crying James.

"Not good." Milo winces.

"Ya think?" Serena snaps.

As the Indians disappear an even worse scenario approached. Pleidians on their skysleds examined the flight path of the Cuckoos crash landing. It takes all of Milo's telepathic mastery to send them away convinced nothing was there but toppled trees. The Dragon rumbles once more in his confinement. Even he knew trouble lie ahead.

The year 2019. The Philippines.

"Whoa! I think I made it home."

Elder James grins looking around him at posters on the wall. Art of his favorite bands. Comic books slung everywhere. His computer downloading hacked info out of Russia. Recalling the day he races to a bathroom mirror and looks at himself at age 15. The year that he went back in time with Jack and Ruby. Excited by the entry point he tells himself, "Don't be freaked out younger Me. I'm only here for awhile. I think."

No reply made him concerned. Then, it dawned on him that he was in his very own body. There was no need to communicate with himself. For the very first time in his travels he felt himself. Pausing to reflect he hears his Ganthorian Foster Mom telling him dinner was ready. Swallowing dryly he creaks open the door, "Be right there Mom." She was the only Mom he knew. Until he read the files he was downloading and found out the harsh reality of his parents. Today was the day. REGION was coming for him. Today he might have to relive it all over.

"Please don't be Groundhog Day." He gently closed his bedroom door. However, he no more than sealed it he heard whining just outside. A nose sniffing at the threshold below revealing just who was begging entry. With a brightening grin he again turns the knob. In dances his best friend in the whole wide world. Leaping up on him Xander paused to sniff his Master's chest. With a gentle growl James knew his dog could sense his secondary intrusion.

"Easy boy. It's still me. My older spirit has entered my body is all. You caught on really quick. I'm proud of you." He then hugged his dog tightly and followed him to the floor. There they wrestled. James was coated in hair. He would require a lint brush before dinner. Patting the dog he lay back on the carpet and had a good laugh. Then, he felt inspired. Using a mental command the dog crawled off of him and sat near the door to stand guard. Forcing himself up James sat down at his computer and did a bit more hacking. This time narrowing down e-mails and cellphone numbers.

Writing an e-mail he made the mistake of calling Ruby Mom. Sadly, Ruby Goddard ignored it after that and erased it never to be mentioned again. James in his excitement totally forgot his place. The same went for Cameron Scott. Calling Jack Ramse went straight to voicemail. He knew Jack would probably never answer an unknown number. His choices were minimal. Even Elle Franklin and Malcolm Brand thought nothing of the calls. Finally it dawned on him.

"Sophia."

Locating her number he dials out as his hacking downloads finished. Ignoring the info in favor of his call he stood up and walked to a window looking out at the bustling street below. Manila was so full of life. After a fourth ring he hears a beautiful young voice.

"Hello?"

"SOPHIA. PIPER SOPHIA." He blurts out.

"How did you know my real name? Who is this?"

"You haven't met me yet. My name is James. I just might be your biggest fan. Love the bikini pinups you took in Guam."

"I just left Guam. Those pictures aren't even developed yet. Who is this?"

"Oh, yeah. Long story. They were developed. I downloaded them a few minutes ago."

He hears her sigh calling him a Stalker. He regrets his words, "Please don't hang up. Listen, you're going to be flying out of the Philippines tonight. A bad rainstorm is coming. Your flight will change to a Military transport because your Mother won't wait until tomorrow. Tell Maddy I said hi. There is soooo much I want to tell you." Namely his feelings but to do that it was a certain she might hang up. Instead he chose his words wisely, "We will meet on a Hercules. I'm being deported to a bad place called REGION shortly. Just saying that name out loud has been picked up by word association software. They're coming for me. As much as I want you to meet me on that flight I have to do the right thing. DO NOT get on that plane. You or Madigan."

"You sound really young. Not my type. Bye now."

"WAIT! I LOVE YOU SOPHIA." He grits his teeth, "Sophia?"

She did not have the patience. She might recall bits and pieces of the conversation but not enough to believe in things until it was too late. Falling back into his desk chair he groans. This whole changing history bit was tedious. He felt stupid trying to prevent the entire flight. If the plane had never been lost he would never have met any of his extended family. All the years he spent with them would be eliminated. Yet, he pondered the past and winced, "Wait a second. Sophia never fell for me until I came back with Orin Ridge. She joined a Monastery until I found a way to bring us all home in 2027. Isolated herself to be with her symbiote friends. She despised me my younger years. Wow! No wonder she hung up on me. If I stop everyone from going back I can salvage a lot of heartache. But, if I do I lose my family entirely. We all grew so very close to one another. Even Jack over time. Once we helped lift his curse. We did do that didn't we?" He grows confused suddenly. With each jump he was creating paradox after paradox. Subtle changes along the way. Maybe this was the one jump that he needed to avoid. Being himself again felt great, yet without this journey he would never know Ruby as his Mom. Or Jack as his Father.

Covering his eyes with his palms he returns to his desk chair and opens the downloads from Russia. All of their paranormal and UFO references were explored. Pleidian to Rancorvian. Finally to the Grey's. It was here that James had a brainstorm. Using a special code he reached out to his friend. Typing a letter in a code that only they knew.

"Milo this is James Ian. My older self in my younger body. If anyone can understand this it's you Buddy. We got lost in Time. Sent back to Pangaea. My spirit is moving up the Family Tree so to speak. Reflection to reflection finally reaching myself here. My guess is a new Reflection will be born by morning. Locate us in Asia if you can. I think we crashed somewhere near Iran or Iraq. The area where the Garden of Eden existed. I spent roughly 11 years there with survivors of my plane crash. We moved around quite a bit. Spent a few years in the Arctic circle that existed before a rotation of axis. I know you will locate us. If you do then we won't need to wait years to escape Pangaea. Bring us home Buddy. I got faith in you. Hope you get the MEMO." He ended it with, "I love you Man. Even if you suck at GTA."

Once his letter is sent he gets up and goes downstairs. Dinner smelled good. He spoke with his Foster Mother but didn't offer her the truth. He knew she would stop him from going. The Ganthorians he now knew they were had enough on their plate. He knew Princess Kym'Ani. But, only by making the journey. Without going back there was no interaction with her. He realized that prevention would only create the worst case scenario. Events needed to unfold as they were meant to. After eating his Adobo he smiled at her and went back to his room. REGION would be breaking down their door within the hour. He sat back and enjoyed his IPod and his comics. Time to go.

Eden...Pangaea.

"Who is that?" Abigail Saunders tugs at the trousers of Marshal Lionel Warjorj. Behind them stood their friends Stefan and Chokote. Alone they had moved closer to the outer fringes of Eden to view the newcomer. He was a mighty large fellow standing a good ten feet tall now. His size subject to his desire. For now he did not feel threatened in his increased strength and stamina. Therefore he chose to arrive in a friendly mode. That could easily change if he did not get his way.

"I don't rightly know Abigail." Lionel swallows dryly.

"Osiris." Comes a soft childlike voice behind the gathering, "He who loves me."

"He your man Briar?"

Briar hesitates before answering the Marshal, "He is a man. Does that count?"

Chokote held fire in his hand as the sun crept lower in the sky. The twin moons rising in unison. They were nearly in a perfect synch. Beautiful to the beholder. One of which was an old man known only as God. So they say.

As Osiris reaches the border of Eden he finds himself unable to enter. A barrier of sorts appears in the very air around the massive forest. Unprepared for resistance he halts and stands tall, arms folded as he awaits his child. Zipping past him without waiting for his warning a white blur easily enters Eden. A swift stop right in front of Warjorj's group took everyone by surprise.

"Miss Sabbath." Lionel winces at her.

Sabbath Black eyes him then each of the others, instilling shivers at her vampiric gaze, "Colonel Goddard arrived awhile ago. I sensed her in the skies."

"She ain't the only one. Anton and Briar here showed up right after...well...God hisself."

"So Osiris says. Hold while I speak to Osiris." She exits Eden and looms below Osiris without fear.

"How is it I may not enter Daughter?" Osiris grumbles.

"Okay, I know you're not daft Osiris. You know your true kids abandoned you back at the Pyramid. Khonsu left me long ago. I stayed with you to keep peace. Let's not start a war here. Please."

"I do not wish for War Sabbath Black. Yes, I knew my children failed me. As did my Wife. It matters not. They will come around when I rule once more."

"Rule what? Pangaea? Forgive me Osiris but I will not bow to anyone ever again. I know the taste of freedom better than anyone. I died. I rose. I am in between as we speak. Vampire yet not. The tinkering of the winged Cameron Scott has altered my DNA. I can now survive in both night and day. Yet maintain my vampire powers. If I may assist you on friendly negotiations I will offer my help."

"Agreed. I would speak with my Creator."

"Give me time to meet with him. We just got here. I ask for patience."

Osiris lifts his chin to admire the Moons, "We have very little time. My Father will consume all that is if we tarry long."

"Then stay here. I'll be back as soon as possible."

Barely seen leaving or in passing Sabbath Black sniffs the air to track Ruby Goddard and the old man. A scent she found energizing to her lust for blood. There was something within the old man that was intoxicating. Reaching the lake she discovers Ruby and Gaicazar talking as the man known as God reaches out to touch the glowing brand upon the forehead of a certain Tyrannosaurus Rex known as Adam. The first man of Earth. His soul now residing in the prehistoric beast.

"Colonel?" Sabbath arrives making Ruby jump. Gaicazar with a hand on his hilt prepares until he realizes their friend.

"Sabbath welcome home." Gaea reports before the other two could acknowledge the British Beauty.

"Sister. Colonel we have very large problems. Not merely the giant at Eden's door. His Grandfather is loose further out. A danger to our new home. All will die if we do not stop Atum."

"Right. Working on that as we speak. Our resources aren't in very good shape. We have the X'Orr to get us to this Atum. Malcolm is healed up and ready for a rematch. We just need to make sure we can back him up against the unstoppable. Gaea tells me you brought a guest home."

"Osiris. Yes. He wishes to speak with...God."

"That might present a problem. He has amnesia most of the time. However..." Ruby grits her teeth, "Somehow, he and Jack switch minds. I've talked to Jack earlier. I'm waiting on another visit. He's out there on an island in a large body of water. His plan is to go after Lucas Dorsey. He knows of Atum and if there's a way of slowing him down he will. But, his idea is a mission of stealth. He's using some Hordakians to get he and his friends to a place called Celestial City. It surrounds the black mountain. Not really sure what the mountain is that makes it such a prize I'm piecing it all together."

Nodding Sabbath eyes her sister Lillian in her human form for once, "Sister? How is it that Osiris cannot enter Eden and we are free to do so.?"

"Eden recognizes a threat. Even it has evolved since Lilith was purged of its sacred soil. Osiris cannot be trusted. Even I can sense deceit."

"Agreed. It seems even his telepathic powers cannot pierce the grounds. He would speak with me by now if he could. Quite impatient he is. I do not know if he is strong enough to rupture Eden's enchantments. He did eat an apple like the one which Malcolm ingested. He could grow to touch the clouds and stomp Eden."

Behind them races Stefan holding his hat to keep it from falling off, "He is coming."

"How?" Gaea swirls from humanoid Lillian into vines and grows in height.

"It was the woman Briar. She stepped beyond the boundary and went out to speak to the tall man." Stefan caught his breath.

"Dammit!" Ruby cursed then grit her teeth looking back at God, "Sorry."

God merely smiled at her and met with baby Komodo Dragons as Eve and her children arrived. Seeing his care free nature Ruby looks to Gaicazar, "Hold him off if you can."

"Aye! Join me in battle Brother Adam?"

The Tyrannosaurus roars loudly, his foreheads brand lighting up the gloom of twilight. In mid run the Roman Antonaeus races up his back to ride the great beast. Stefan nearly fainted at the sight. Through the foliage they stormed.

Just beyond the boundary Briar stood walking next to Osiris. He used her yet again convincing her naïve nature of his love for her. Giddy at his emotional connection she saw no reason to stop him. By her own bond with the greenery she somehow diminished the mystical barrier.

"You have done well my love. Let us speak with our Creator."

"Yes. About what?" Briar grins not knowing her reasoning for much of anything. New to this world she merely wanted to belong. He rushed through the green until he was forced to stop. Now face to face with a disgruntled T-Rex.

"Enter ye not Osiris. Ye are not welcomed here." Antonaeus poses his sword lighting up the night.

"What is this?" Osiris pauses as he could feel the scalding hot breath of the T-Rex. With narrowed eyes Osiris merely wills himself to grow larger. Now at 50 feet tall he swats Adam and Gaicazar aside like flies. Both toppling through the brush helplessly. Briar felt badly for them. Even worse as Marshal Lionel Warjorj stood in his way bearing his rifle. A gunshot to Osiris leg merely made the King flinch. Ignoring him Osiris stepped further into Eden.

"I wouldn't do that Big Fella." Warjorj hisses. Reaching beneath his shirt he reveals the true source of his own powers. A black stone on a leather necklace. Holding it in his hand he calls upon an old friend. Suddenly, from the shadows emerged a massive black lion, "Ya see here? That there critter is Manitou. You grow bigger. He grows bigger."