Favor Redeemed Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After a while Hannah knocked on the door. "Are you alright?" she called.

"I'm fine," she said, tears clogging her throat and affecting her voice. "Please, just leave me alone." Hannah did not say anything else, but Amelia tried to get her tears under control after that. However, it seemed the harder she tried, the worse it became.

After a long time, she heard a scratching in the door and then it opened. Brendan stood there and she turned and buried her face in the pillow. She heard Brendan say, "Get me a glass of water, please. And some tissues." The he came into the room and shut the door.

"It's ok, sweetheart," he said soothingly. Amelia did not trust him, but at the moment, his presence did bring her comfort. He sat down in a chair he pulled over from the table that was in the room, but did not try to touch her. The thought flitted through her mind that he was treating her like a scared animal, which was ironic.

Soon Hannah came in with a glass of water and some tissues. Brendan took them and thanked her and she left again, shutting the door behind her.

Soon Amelia's tears subsided and she took the glass of water and the tissues. She tried to dab at her nose, and kept her face averted because she knew she looked like a mess.

"Go ahead and blow your nose sweetheart," Brendan said in a gentle command and she found herself obeying and loudly blowing her nose. Then she took several sips of water, thankful for it. She found herself much calmer now, which was strange because she normally would have been mortified at her behavior.

"What happened?" Brendan asked.

"Haven't Chase and Grady already told you?" She snapped back at him, knowing that he didn't deserve it, but still feeling irritated that the incident had been reported.

"I want to hear it from you," he said softly, calmly.

The calm was tone was what drew Amelia's gaze to his, and before she realized it she found herself just staring into his eyes. She had always heard the eyes were the window to the soul, but she had never believed it. Now, though, as she looked into his eyes, she could see so many things. She saw a warrior, a protector, a wolf, a father, a patriarch, a king. She closed her eyes breaking the contact and her little vision, wondering if she truly saw those things in Brendan or if she was seeing what she wanted to see.

"I'm not sure how those men found me; it's not like I left a forwarding address." She opened her eyes and looked out the window as she continued, "The blond man was Toby, but I don't know his last name. The other two were his thugs. I'm not sure they have names. Toby is my husband's drug dealer." She glanced over to Brendan to see his reaction, but his face remained calm and she wondered if he already knew about that too. She returned her gave to the window.

"Go on," Brendan prompted.

"Toby knows that it was my money that bought John's drugs. However, we ran out of money, and John started pawning different antiques from my parent's house. I objected because he'd always told me that he was going to quit, and I believed him. Once he started pawning things I told him it had to stop." Her tone became flat. "He didn't like that and there was a fight. After that I stopped objecting and he stopped telling me he was going to quit. He stopped trying to find a job by then too. A few days before I left, Toby came by the house when John was there and told John that he had better give him the $5,000 he owed him. John tried to barter with him." Amelia gave a short laugh, "He even offered me to him, but Toby said he'd heard John complain about me enough to know that I wasn't, quote, a $5,000 fuck."

Brendan growled and felt his wolf rising, wanting to do violence against all those who had hurt her.

"Look, I never expected him to show up here to try and get the money from me. I understand this is not what you, Jeremiah, or Reyna expected, and that this is not good for business here. If you want me to leave I will."

Brendan had to grip the arms of the chairs to keep from grabbing Amelia. A part of him wanted to shake her for suggesting that she should leave and the other part wanted to show her that she was worth well more than $5,000 to fuck. Only he didn't want to fuck her, he wanted to make her scream his name in ecstasy and know that he had pleasured her as no one else had.

"Amelia, you are not leaving unless it's to come back to the main den with me." Brendan said, his voice still growling. "What happened is not your fault and this man will be dealt with. I've known of him for quite some time but have not intervened. However, he came into my world and threatened you and that is unacceptable."

"What do you mean when you say that he will be dealt with?" Amelia looked at him with a little worry on her face. She did not want Brendan going outside the law and killing Toby, no matter how bad he was.

"I think that it is time the police got some information on him," Brendan replied. Amelia let out a sigh of relief that caused Brendan to raise an eyebrow and ask, "What did you think I was going to do?"

Amelia shrugged, "I don't know. Something more violent."

Brendan laughed, "Like tearing him limb from limb?"

Amelia blushed and responded, "Yeah, something like that."

"Well I'm not quite that blood thirsty. Though if he ever harmed you, I can't say that wouldn't change."

Brendan moved to the bed to sit next to her and watched as Amelia stiffened. He gently touched her chin with his finger and turned her gaze to meet his again. "Amelia, I know you still do not believe this, but you are my life, my heart, and my mate."

Amelia just watched him for a moment, wondering what she could say that would change his mind. Wondering how he could seem so certain. But then her thoughts stuttered as he gently brushed his lips against hers. She did not know why, but his touch, his presence, seemed to make her body come alive in a way it never had before.

Brendan pulled back and looked down at her and she could not help the flush that consumed her body. She felt an ache deep inside and know that if he touched between her legs he would find her wet.

He sniffed the air and then groaned. Though he had been taught that it was not appropriate to adjust himself in front of a lady, he had scented her arousal and it had made him instantly, painfully hard. He stood up and back away from her as his wolf argued that they should claim her now, while she was ready. Brendan knew, however, that even though her body was ready, her mind was not.

"Amelia, I wish I could stay, but if I do not leave now, I will likely doing something I'll regret. Again."

Amelia just nodded. He went to the door opened it, and then turned back and said, "I really would like to spend some time with you and get to know you better."

"Would that be safe?" She asked.

"Well if we aren't near a bed that would probably help," Brendan tried to jest. "Maybe something outdoors?"

"In the middle of the summer?"

"Well, maybe not then." Brendan frowned. "What about swimming in the lake?"

Amelia started to shake her head, but then thinking about him seeing her in swimsuit made her pause. Maybe that would convince him that they were not mates. "Ok. But tomorrows rather busy."

"Tomorrow night then?"

"Alright, but not just the two of us. Others need to be there."

Brendan thought about that for a moment and decided she was probably right. "Ok. I'll bring Reyna and Jeremiah and their pups."

Children sounded like a great idea to Amelia and made it seem like less of a "date." We'll be over around 7, and pick you up." Then his demeanor changed and he gave her an authoritative look, "No more running the front desk alone, for you or anyone."

Suddenly Amelia could see the Alpha in him again. She couldn't help the "Yes Sir" that slipped out of her mouth. After all, she'd been raised to be respectful.

Their eyes locked again and there was a wild part of her that wished he would order her to do something rash and reckless instead of something safe. She wondered if he would be the man she'd always hoped for; the one who would be a partner and take care of her as she took care of him. Suddenly Brendan broke eye contact and looked out the door and said, "Good night, see you tomorrow." She wondered what had gotten his attention.

12