Fear

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"... Yes..."

"Then stop blaming yourself... please John..." she said, trying to stand.

Her feet didn't respond properly, the burns must have run deep, as Brittany quickly lost her balance, falling heavily into John's arms, pulling her slowly upright.

"Brittany, close your eyes a second," John said firmly.

"Why, what are you doing?" she said cautiously.

John sighed, giving up momentarily, he concentrated, feeling a glass on the bench, he nudged it with his mind, letting it fall to the floor with a smash, Brittany with a shocked expression, snapped around to locate the sound... That's all it took... Too easy...

John could only describe the feeling like a mild itch. It only happened when he was truly not being watched, and he could either let the feeling pass, or... scratch...

The world slowed down, we watched Brittany's green eyes slowly blinking, with a sigh, he released her, stepping around her frozen form, he leaned against her back, wrapping his arms around her.

"Forgive me..." he said softly.

Lifting his left arm, he pressed his wrist into her mouth, open wide with shock, he could feel the tips of her newly developed fangs, he reached up with his right hand, grasping his wrist, he held her in a sort of headlock, that pinned his wrist in her mouth, bracing against her, he allowed his power to fade back into reality.

Brittany's first reaction was shock, a second later, John yanked his arm back, piercing his wrist with her fangs, he scrunched his face in pain, but held firm as her muffled screams tore through the gaps around her lips. She reached up, desperately trying to pry his arm off, before John heaved backwards, pulling her off balance, she collapsed atop him, John quickly wrapped his legs around her small frame, holding her firm.

"Please... Please just drink," he begged her, nuzzling into the back of her head.

She struggled vainly for a few moments, before John felt her tongue run across his flesh and with grim satisfaction, he smiled as he felt her swallow.

"That's it, just swallow, it's good for you," he smiled.

She swallowed again, and he felt a change, she almost tensed for a moment, before biting, hard, her hands wrapped tightly around his wrist, he couldn't release her if he wanted too.. if... he wanted too... this WAS his fault... She was draining him, almost desperately now, sucking hard and swallowing big gulps of his blood, John found himself feeling slightly lightheaded, he leaned in, kissing her ear softly.

"This isn't your fault," he mumbled, "take what you need."

John smiled, it was odd, he always thought eventually he would fall victim to a vampire... Just not to one so... so...

.".. I... I Lo.. Love... you... too..."

CHAPTER FIVE

John woke with a start, his entire left arm seemed paralized, he couldn't move an inch, his eyes snapping open he took in his surroundings, he was dressed in his underwear, under a blanket, in his bed, with something cold pinning him down, reaching over, he grasped the blanket, wrenching it off in a single swing, his eyes bulged out of his head at the sight. Wrapped tightly against his torso, was a beautiful young woman, she was cradling his arm, with his leg between hers, he wasn't paralized, he was being held, by this beautiful... naked... blonde woman.

"You're awake," Brittany said softly.

"I... you're naked," John gasped.

"It was comfortable," she shrugged, still not looking up at him.

"What's wrong?" John asked gently.

Brittany pulled him tighter for a moment, quiet sobbing started, "You should have killed me..."

.".. I couldn't..."

"I nearly killed you."

"It was my fault-"

SLAP

Johns cheek stung painfully, as he regained his senses, he'd never been slapped before, but being slapped by an angry vampire really knocked him around.

"Stop with your bullshit!" she snarled, sitting upright, "you were the only decent thing that has happened to me in years."

"Brittany-"

"Do you have any idea what I put up with for Bill?" she growled, "If I wasn't cooking, cleaning or sucking his dick, he was making me sleep on my own fucking doormat."

"That's not the same-"

"Don't give me that shit!" she was yelling now, "you did everything you could, even going against your own beliefs by letting me live!"

"Brit-"

"Then you feed me your blood, and I nearly kill you?" she was crying now, "I was nothing before... and you still saved me, three times with Bill, and a fourth with that monster, THAT WOULD HAVE KILLED ME!" beating Johns chest as she said those last words, "You made me feel more alive in three days, than I have since I was a little girl... besides... aren't you going to change now?"

.".. I don't think so..." John sighed.

He reached up, wrapping Brittany in his arms again, he pulled her down, holding her tightly against him, he couldn't remember the last time he held someone, let alone a woman... Let alone a beautiful naked woman...

"You're a vampire-"

"No," John quickly interrupted, "I don't know what I am."

"Tell me," Brittany said softly.

"What do you want to know?"

"Everything."

John spent the next twenty minutes, explaining his first encounter with a vampire, the death of his mother, his subsequent introduction to his abilities, and what he had been doing for the better part of the last decade. Brittany lay against him, cold... But... Comforting...

"So what happens now?" she asked softly.

"What do you mean?" John replied.

"Is there some secret council? Will you keep me captive... a slave?" Brittany seemed to shudder.

"Brittany...," John started, "I have never seen a vampire let it's food live."

"You aren't food, John," Brittany looked up, staring at him with an odd expression.

"And you aren't a slave," John shot back.

"So I'm free to do what I want?" she asked softly, staring with an intensity that made him want to flee, "I'm free to leave whenever I want?"

.".. Yes... No... Shit... How will you feed?" John sighed.

Brittany lay her head back on his chest, sighing softly, .".. John?...," she asked quietly.

"Yes Brittany."

"Do you remember what you said when I bit you... before you passed out...?"

"... Yes..."

"Can I... Stay?"

John's first instinct was to push her off, to flee, to fight if necessary, he was being held down by a vampire, one of the beings he had sworn to destroy... one of the things he hated with such passion...

.".. Yes Brittany... You can stay."

John remained at home that evening, he was surprised to realise that vampires live much the same as humans, they still felt hunger and thirst for real food, they felt fatigue and slept and even after a small accident in the kitchen, he found that while a fatal wound caused them to turn to dust, a simple cut still bled like any human. In the early hours of the morning, before sunrise, Brittany realised she should probably grab a change of clothes, ducking out she quickly realised her front door was locked, but she didn't recall seeing her keys anywhere, with a sigh, she went back to John.

"Do you happen to have my keys?" Brittany asked, finding him sitting on the couch.

."..Ahhh... No... What did you need?"

"I just wanted to grab a change of clothes and a few other things... it can wait till morning, I'll get the landlord to bring me a spare set," she grumbled.

John stared at her for a moment, before slowly getting up, I'm glad I stayed home, I'm in no condition to fight this low on blood... He quickly moved into his room, rummaging through his clothing, he returned, handing Brittany a large shirt and a pair of silk boxers.

"Use my shower, put those on, and I'll wash your clothes," he said with a smile, "just leave them outside the door when you're ready."

"Thank you," Brittany said, leaning forwards, giving him a peck on the cheek.

John just stared awestruck as she walked away, she's beautiful... I don't need this... She feels safe... She's a liability... She didn't kill me... She's a vampire... Is that so bad?... John frowned furiously, he stormed towards the bathroom, intent on grabbing her and throwing her out, he didn't want this, he didn't need her, he didn't want too... Every step closer felt heavier, he was staggering now, listening to the shower, What is happening?... John fell to his knees, dragging himself towards the door, her dirty clothing piled neatly off to one side, splitting pain tore through his head, like knives plunging through his eye sockets, all John could do was clutch his face, falling heavily against the door. Sliding to the floor, clutching his head, he heard the door open.

"Oh god John, what's wrong," Brittany squealed.

John couldn't form words, he just writhed and twitched, the pain becoming almost unbearable, until he felt a cool hand stroke the side of his face. John gasped, the cool touch seemingly draining away his pain, in no time at all he was gently panting, trying to think what could have caused the pain... The only thing he could think of was it had something to do with Brittany, his anger rose slightly, only for the excruciating pain to return, he cried out, Brittany grabbing his face, the cool touch of her hands again pulling away the pain, Ok... I hurt when I think about getting rid of Brittany... His head panged just at that thought, Fuck...

"John, talk to me," Brittany said right into his ear.

He realised he was still on the floor, but Brittany had pulled him onto her lap, "I don't know," he lied, "whatever it was, is gone now."

He felt soft breasts pressing against his arm as she bent over him, placing a soft kiss on his cheek, the remainder of his discomfort dissolved, Double fuck...

The couch wasn't nearly as comfortable as he thought it would be, it was long enough, but the shapes of the cushions prodded him awkwardly. He regretted his insistence that Brittany take his bed, as a gentleman, he was resigned to the couch, much to her displeasure. But she finally relented and let him leave her alone in the big comfortable bed. They had made sure to close all the curtains, even going as far as throwing an extra sheet over the one in the bedroom, John already felt bad for burning her the day before, he didn't want to do so again. Rolling over, he looked in the direction of his bedroom, staring, hoping she was getting more rest than he was. Shifting to get comfortable, he dropped an arm off the couch to stretch his shoulder, only to feel his fingers brush against something smooth and cool. Sitting upright, he was dumbfounded to see Brittany, curled up on the floor beside him, his hand had brushed on her exposed leg, he could feel his heart beating in his chest, I didn't hear her come in... She could have done anything... But she chose to be near me?... Fuck...

"Brittany," John said softly, reaching down to stroke her hair.

"Mmm," she replied.

John sighed, "you win, let's go to bed OK."

He helped her climb groggily to her feet, leading her into the bedroom, he was surprised to see that the sheets hadn't been touched... What is going on?... he pulled the sheet back, and Brittany collapsed onto the bed, small snores escaping her mouth almost as soon as she hit the pillow. John took a moment double checking the curtains, satisfied, he crawled into the bed beside her and closed his eyes. Low buzzing woke John with a start, his initial reaction was of fear, he felt restrained, but he quickly realised Brittany was half laying across his chest, her cool cheek felt wonderful on his skin, I wonder if she will always be so cool to the touch?... John reached over, shutting off his alarm.

CHAPTER SIX

"Brittany," he whispered.

"Mmm."

"It's time to get up," he said, finding himself waiting for her eyes to open, he almost held his breath.

"... No..." she said, pulling her arms around him and holding tight.

"Brittany... we have to get up."

"No," she answered quickly.

"We need to get into your apartment, get your stuff."

"... Five more minutes..."

"Fine," John said grumpily, but his heart wasn't in the remark, as he gently stroked her hair.

Five minutes later the pair were up, John jumped in the shower, Brittany made breakfast, he was surprised with scrambled eggs and buttered toast. An hour later they were unlocking Brittany's front door, John stepping inside first, he realised that Brittany was actually hesitating. He turned to face her, offering his hand.

"It's OK," he said softly.

Brittany smiled sadly, wiping away a tear, and walked straight past his hand, wrapping her arms around his chest.

...Brittany...

It didn't feel right anymore, not to her, not now, all she remembered walking through the front door was how much pain she had endured being here. She couldn't help but cry a little, wrapping John in her arms, she felt the comfort of his wrapping her as well. She soon regained her composure, turning her cheek to rest against his firm chest.

"Thank you," Brittany said softly.

"For what?" John asked, clearly confused about the situation.

"For letting me live... with you," she added quickly.

She didn't let him reply, looking up she kissed him gently, his lips felt almost hot on hers, his whole body tensed for a moment, before he leaned into her embrace, kissing back, albeit somewhat awkwardly, I don't think he has a lot of experience...

Pulling away, she could see mixed emotions flying across his face, fear? anger? some form of doubt? Probably thinks I'll bite him again... But she was comforted in her realisation, that he was still holding her firmly in place, contrary to his emotional turmoil, she took comfort knowing there was something else there... Something... Kind... Loving maybe. She lead John into the main bedroom,avoiding the column of light pouring in through an open window. She found herself quickly grabbing a bag and stuffing it with clothes and a few photos, wanting nothing more than to leave.

"John?" she asked softly, smiling as his arms wrapped around her from behind.

"Yes Brittany," he whispered.

"How long can I stay with you?" the nervousness in her voice was obvious, but not as obvious as his reply.

"Ah... I... Look... I don't..A-ah... Shit," he stumbled over his words, taking a deep breath, "As long as you need, besides, if you're with me, you aren't out hurting anybody and I won't have a reason to hunt you," he let out a whoosh of air.

"What happens when I need to feed?" she asked, hoping for an answer.

"I... Suppose... You could feed from me...," John sighed, "unless we can find a volunteer."

It had been a week since Brittany had moved in to John's apartment, she had sold her remaining belongings online and had people come to collect, she used the money to pay her remaining bills and end her lease, but when she tried to give the rest to John, he refused to take it.

"I don't need your money," John growled.

"You have bills don't you?" she snapped, "Just take it."

"I don't need it."

"Wait... Yeah... How do you pay your bills?"

"My father died, left me money, I live off the interest, I actually make enough to pay tax," John sighed, "keep your money."

"Fine," grumbled Brittany, her hand clutched tightly over a wad of cash.

That's when she felt it, like a hunger pain, but, slightly different, she knew what it was straight away, she had been hoping it would take longer, but secretly she was happy it wasn't a more frequent urge. Brittany decided to ignore it for now, giving John's shoulder a squeeze.

"It's time for practice, I'll put dinner on," she said with a smile.

...John...

His motions were fluid, his arm strong, moving the the series of patterns he had adopted, John came to a stop, opening his eyes, he looked down, dead centre in the small circle on the floor, I'm back...

With a cold smile he stood tall, sheathing his blade, he dropped it on the couch, before walking quickly towards the kitchen, where his new... Roommate?... Bedmate?... Friend?... Was currently cooking, what smelled like, a delicious dinner.

She quickly noticed him standing in the doorway, flashing him a smile, it seemed odd that he could sneak up on regular vampires, but for some reason, she always knew when he approached her.

"Five minutes, go sit down, I'll be out shortly," she said quickly, shooting another smile.

John moved back to the lounge, sitting at the table, he held his head in his hands. Everything was changing, not only was he living with a vampire, but a young woman, who insisted on sharing a bed and was currently cooking him dinner, I can't kill her... She won't leave... Maybe... Maybe I don't want her too... His train of thought was interrupted with the clink of a plate being dropped in front of him.

"I hope you like quiche," Brittany smiled.

"I've never had it before," John replied, picking it apart with a fork, "it does smell good though," taking a bite, "you'll have to make this again," Shut up John...

The pair ate in silence for a few minutes, enjoying the rich mix of egg, bacon and tomato, It really is good...

"I'm going out tonight," he said softly.

Brittany swallowed slowly, "to hunt?"

"... Yes..."

"How many have you killed?" Brittany picked at her food, not looking him in the eyes.

"Hundreds," John sighed.

"What if there's more like me?" Brittany asked gently.

John froze, he didn't know what to think, What if there were? "I... I don't know."

"I don't expect everything to change," she said quickly, "but if you did find one like me."

John stood quickly, knocking over his chair, he was hyperventilating, he could see the faces of ones he had killed, some were attacking humans, some attacking him, but a few... a few jumped out at him, a young man, his face scrunched up in terror, a couple walking hand in hand, that didn't see him coming. Darren screamed, clutching his head, he could feel knives plunging through his eye sockets... Everything went black.

CHAPTER SEVEN

John stirred, What the fuck is that beeping?... Opening his eyes, he was in a white room... A hospital, SHIT!... Looking around, he was alone, it was a small room, no windows, the beeping was coming from a heart rate monitor. John groaned, he couldn't remember getting here, What if it's a trap?... That thought spurred him, quickly getting up, he spotted his clothing in a bag on the floor. Quickly dressing, he removed the monitor, immediately setting off an alarm, SHIT SHIT SHIT!... Ripping open the door, he stuck his head out, to his right was empty corridor, to his left... A vampire, dressed as a nurse, running towards him.

John immediately realised he wasn't carrying his sword, so he ran, tearing out of the room, away from the vampire, without his abilities he would be quickly caught, but by pulling random bins, chairs and other equipment behind him as he ran, he hoped it would slow the vampire down. Rounding a corner, he was face to face with a second vampire, this one a large man, without thinking he spun, slamming his elbow into the vampire's face, causing him to stagger into the wall, before John continued running. Alarms were ringing over the hospital now, there were sounds of footsteps approaching everywhere. Ducking into a random room, he closed and locked the door, frantically searching the room, he found a walking stick, snapping off the end, he had created a satisfying point.

John waited, if he was going down, he was going down swinging, I hope Brittany is safe... A set of keys rattled, and the door popped open a fraction, John took a deep breath, he was ready,

"John?" called a sweet voice.

123456...8