Feb Sucks - Talking it Out

Story Info
Can a Direct Discussion Avoid Disaster?
914 words
4.25
25.6k
63
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What do you mean you can see the women's point of view?" Jim nearly screeched.

"Well, one night with a famous stud would be one of roughly 3,700 for us right now, and one of almost 20,000 if we live to see our 50th anniversary. That's insignificant, really. And what she said about loving her hubby and family are surely true. So why couldn't a wife enjoy a singular Event like that? It's just one night."

"Famous stud or not, it's still cheating. What happened to 'One and Done' for infidelity? I don't recall us agreeing on any exceptions the myriad times we've discussed this."

Jim and Linda were discussing a group conversation he was party to at a conference he had just attended. Several women had claimed they would jump at the opportunity if some famous athlete offered them a lust-filled night, even telling their hubby they'd 'see him tomorrow.'

Linda continued, "I suppose if it was done secretly, that would be cheating. The second example where she told her husband she loved him and would return to him tomorrow seems forgivable to me. The wife would be immensely grateful for his understanding, and she would make it up to him for a long time."

"And exactly how would she do that? I would do exactly what that guy said, and not be there tomorrow. It's also hard to make up for such a betrayal during and after the divorce."

"Divorce?! You'd end a great marriage over a 24-hour once-in-a-lifetime Event? One night would vacate the chance to have that 50-year marriage, growing old together? Why wouldn't you let me have that experience? It would not affect how much I loved you; in fact, I would certainly show you how much I appreciated your acceptance and forgiveness for years to come."

"Interesting word choices: acceptance and forgiveness. You're clearly acknowledging that it's wrong if forgiveness is needed. Acceptance of what exactly? I want to hear your thoughts on what I would be accepting after your Big Event."

Linda paused, realizing this would be a tricky conversation to have without possibly damaging their relationship. "Well, I suppose your acceptance that I went with a different man and had sex is essentially the big one. There would be no love, or affair, just a single break from the marriage, and then it would be over the next day. There would be no chance of it lasting longer than that one night. It would a shock, I admit, but quickly forgotten once I returned and things were normal again."

Jim studied Linda's face as he mulled over her words. She's obviously seeing only the tip of the iceberg. "Linda, I think you're kidding yourself, as much as those women at the conference were fooling themselves. That 'one night' would be an blatant betrayal of the marriage itself; our vows of fidelity, for one, but also the basic trust between two life partners. How would I ever trust you again if you were to do that? And that doesn't even begin to consider the fact that you'd also had sex with a younger, fitter athletic specimen, and threw that fact in my face."

"After that, why would I even bother to have sex with you ever again? It's doubtful I would measure up to that night of lust and passion, and I would forever thereafter be left wondering if you were thinking about him, or worse, wishing it was him instead of me. The sense of rejection and humiliation that night and thereafter would not just fade away, as you suggest. It would eat at the core of any man like an acid, and he would not be able to look at himself in the mirror. So, no thanks. My love for you would start dying from the moment you left my side to be with him, and continue dying off slowly, every minute you were away. Every moment, physical or otherwise, that you shared with him would be a nail in the coffin of our marriage. No amount of time or counseling would ever erase all those doubts that didn't exist before, or ease the pain of that betrayal. Acceptance would be impossible, so divorce would be the only option."

"Jesus, Jim. I had no idea when you brought up this hypothetical situation that it would kill your love for me so quickly. I guess we're lucky that could never happen, right?"

Months later after a horrid month of shitty winter weather, Jim and Linda were out with friends celebrating Good Riddance to February, when Marc LaValliere, the team's star tight-end, walked up and asked Linda to dance. Stunned that such a celebrity would ask her, Linda turned and looked at Jim with raised eyebrows, only to see Jim's eyes narrow slightly, as if asking "So, what are you going to do?"

Linda suddenly recalled that conversation from a few months ago. Squeezing Jim's hand tighter, she turned back to Mark, "Thank you, I'm flattered, but I just promised that all my dances tonight were for my husband."

Turning back to Jim, wearing her best smile, "How about now, honey? Let's show off this dress on the dance floor before we go up to the room. I think you made some promises tonight as well. Consider yourself on the clock, mister."

========

Because every author here apparently needs a Feb Sucks submission, because the original story by GeorgeAnderson is so well done, and divisive.