All Comments on 'Finding Closure'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 199 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
The Best

I've read most of your stories and find most of them good to very good. This one is th best. I lost my wife six years ago to cancer and have missed her every day, but her love for me and those in need still provide me with the strength it takes to move forward. Helping those in need makes her alive in me and I feel her smiling each time I reach out to help those in need.

dc6370dc6370about 7 years ago

Thanks for the tears

laptopwriterlaptopwriterabout 7 years ago
How does this not carry a perfect score of 5?

Great work! I don't know what else to say. This story goes beyond simple praise.

Sandman_truckSandman_truckalmost 7 years ago
Damn good story

You caught the pain we all feel when we lose someone so close to us . Anyone over 30 and most even sooner know the pain of a family member or very close friend passing . At fifty-nine we have lost more then I care to think about but no matter what we remember those that have passed with cheer and smiles and love !

" The Path To One's Heart is Lined With Smiles of Laughter "

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
VERY GOOD

Steve's pain is palpable. I find this to be a very believable story with lots of resonable emotion.

I find myself hoping he can make it back to his wife.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Man,

jeez, I cried the whole time.

notredame43notredame43over 6 years ago
wow

perfection. nothing much else to say 5👍👍👍👏👏👏👏

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
Wife asked what she can do?

She can wait for me to nurse and bury my sister and THEN give me a chance work on "US". Find another my brother. Not her would be my advice if this were real world.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Er

The sister may have only have found out about the death from the news papers. Hence text sent after the funeral.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
FEEL THAT?....

True emotion. The pain this fellow endures is palpable. It would be nice to hear that he and the ex found thier way back together but you can tell that she's not very empathetic. His sister is dying and she can only think of herself.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
...

unloving wife

ErotFanErotFanover 6 years ago
Excellent little tale.

Although it might be better in the non erotic category.

CheshireladCheshireladover 6 years ago
Exceptional story

IMHO its your best; out of a bunch of very good Slirpuff stories.

i suppose it belonged in non-erotic, but that didn't stint my enjoyment one little bit.

The love for his sister was so well described, together with how it amplified his desire to help others. Thought provoking; maybe I need to be more generous to those less fortunate.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
For a loving wives story this sucked

There was very little about his marriage. For a non-erotic story, this was well done. For a story on a porn site, this sucked. Who wants to read something so depressing? There's enough death and dying in the real world to last us all our lifetimes.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
One Of Your Very Best

May be in wrong category, but undeniably well written.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 6 years ago
Some Second Thoughts

I STILL think his ex-wife is a bitch for not HELPING him with his sister, let alone not giving him grief for the time he spent with her.

Having said that, and granted he was exceptionally close with his sister, MAYBE, especially with his marriage in trouble he could have stayed home a LITTLE more, maybe arrange for visiting nurses for his sister.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
A lot

There’s a lot of emotion packed in one page.

GrimmerGrimmerover 5 years ago
Damn fine tale

You hit the nail on the head with this one. Do much emotion packed into a small tale. Well done. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
Deserve

A story deserving of a few more pages.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsabout 5 years ago
Wow!

I thought I wrote some dark stuff. That was exceptional. Don't change a word.

LVGirlLVGirlabout 5 years ago
You Really Know

How to pull at our heartstrings.

26thNC26thNCabout 5 years ago
Wow

That was an amazing story. I think it was.one of your best.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
So

So how did he end it with his ex wife as mentioned?.I know he looked after his sister but that is not reason enough for a divorce,so what did he do?.

GymShortsGymShortsalmost 5 years ago
Would you rather;

Watch a loved one die slowly over a period of time , like in this story. Or die very suddenly in some type of accident.

Very good and well written story. Cherish who you have everyday, because it could end tomorrow

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
i think it's a mistake

to try and rekindle his old flame.

she dumped him when he needed a break for his sister dying of cancer.

that's not someone you can be with. oh, she may not be a bad person. maybe it was all bad timing, but that's enough. sometimes you don't need a villian. maybe the ex is just a shitty person. we'll never know. maybe she was too needy, and couldn't handle being second fiddle. lots of good and bad reasons for her to drop him like a rock. but none of them matter. she still dropped him. that lack of commitment carries over into good times. it wasn't even that much of a bad time for her, she just needed to give him space to care for his dying sister. the way i see it, she's not ready for a real relationship. and 'missing' somebody isn't a good reason to take them back.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShitalmost 5 years ago
Touching

When given time to put one’s affairs in order, and to have the final conversations, there’s a price. The dying must deal with pain, hopelessness, and sometimes jealousy. The survivors must deal with the anguish they’ve witnessed, for the rest of their days. It never gets easier, and the survivors never forget.

In this story there is no real closure, since he’s chosen to keep paying it forward.

His ex and their failed marriage really don’t matter. Losing his sister, and the manner of her death, make his ex seem quite selfish.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 4 years ago
A very touching flash

My contrarian side cannot prevent me from saying that this story should have probably been put in Non-Erotic instead of LW...

But it still was undeniably well worth reading.

As touching as it gets, around here. Thanks for sharing it with us, author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago

Thank you, this brought tears to my eyes. A well written story.

YouamiYouamiover 4 years ago
Wow!...a sad yet positive tale of love and loss

Slirpuff

Your brief but powerful tale moved me to tears. Reading this was a privilege. Thankyou.

KalimaxosKalimaxosover 4 years ago
Sweet

For those of us feeling sorry for ourselves, there are people who have it worse. Thanks for reminding us.

jimjam69jimjam69over 4 years ago
Great story

Been there, done that. It does really peculiar things to your brain. I think there is a period of time around the event, maybe 90 to 120 days where it seems to be a state of shock. Kind of run on autopilot, getting things done and surviving and don't even remember how or who was around. Great story.

PowersworderPowersworderover 4 years ago

A very poignant story about loss... ruined by him trying to reconcile with the bitch of an ex-wife.

His twin was dying of cancer and Mandy gave him shit about looking after Beth, when his poor sister had no other family to care for her? That's the kind of toxic mega-cunt you need to cut out of your life asap!

MELovewrightMELovewrightover 4 years ago
Tears

What a story. Moved to tears. Ovarian cancer is a vicious bitch IRL, too.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago

Again, stories like this deserve to be read again and again.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 4 years ago
great story but as always

slirpuff turns into a RAAC, fuck Mandy. why would I want a bitch that would run out and divorce me while I'm suffering my greatest loss.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
I dont get why this is in LW

n/t

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Why Do Some People

Have to prove they are total assholes in their comments after a story like this? Signed: BTW

MarkT63MarkT63about 4 years ago
Nice story

I would have picked my sister over wife also. Great story.

NitpicNitpicalmost 4 years ago
Needs

Needs more.Also no explanation why he and his wife split.It surely can't be due to the amount of time he spent looking after his sister.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Sad

But excellent story.

superdandy123superdandy123almost 4 years ago

great story but no idea why this is in LW. it's mostly about him and his sister.

DogFuzzDogFuzzover 3 years ago

Perhaps we all win when We Pay It Forward. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
2*

Simply because no wife would ever just split from her husband when he's going through this, it would be strained yes, but just from Mandy hearing of Beth's death and wanted to say her condolences speaks as if she truly cared about them both, so doesn't make sense about divorcing

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Feels unfinished

lujon2019lujon2019over 3 years ago

I dont get why this is in LW, there is no indication the wife was cheating on him, or loved him in the traditional sense

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Why is this under loving wives?

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Great again

Some people complain about perfection. This is just a.great story.

MarkT63MarkT63over 3 years ago

Wonderful story. Sad though...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago
Really needs another chapter

this story really could use another chapter.

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartabout 3 years ago

Good story but definitely feels unfinished.

tazz317tazz317about 3 years ago
WHEN YOU LOSE A LOVED ONE

faux guilt invades their psyche because it was them and not you. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Excellent story. And in terms of whether it should be in LW or not, who cares? The story is great no matter what the category.

26thNC26thNCabout 3 years ago

Read it 3 times and It still hits hard. I put my little sisters ashes along her beloved Appalachian Trail as she had requested.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Couldn't have been more depressing if you had tried. Geez this is a porn site, NOT the lonely hearts club.

hicountryriderhicountryriderover 2 years ago

This is an incredibly sensitive piece of Writing.

That's absolutely the kind of work that I've known that you're capable of.

I'm actually fine and carrying heart and your characters.

You nerdy brought me to tears.

Please keep Your further works up too this quality.

Well done.

😊😊😊😊

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well that was an epic fall off a cliff. It was wonderful until it wasnt. I have told this to students in the past. If you dont know how to finish a story, hold it until you do. Just putting something into place cheapens your art. - starsong1977

jamesapplejamesappleover 2 years ago

This was amazing. Not wrapped up in a pretty bow. Much like life, just a continuation of events. But the subtle power of your writing...damn.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Gosh; that packed a punch!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

As good as it gets. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Why wasn't the wife traveling with him to help care for his sister, during at least some of the trips if not all? The fact she never accompanied him shows he's far better off without that self centered bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Just wow! Well done, one of the most thought-provoking stories out here.

eljj5456eljj5456about 2 years ago
Thank you for the heartfelt story

I am a 66 year old male and I try to help people whenever I can. I get SSI and if somebody is hungry I try to feed them. If they need something else then I try to get it for them. Why? Because I care. Even though I'm homeless.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Thank you for this story, just an hour ago i had a talk with a man mentioning how there is so little caring or politeness left in the world today. I try to help, i truly do. It doesn't take much, hold the door for someone, pay their drive through tab, bring a smile for god sake. Make the world a little better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Best of all your stories, hands down. Sweet, simple, and too the point. Not focused on the failed relationship with the wife but rather on the loss of his sister. Loved it. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

This is a good well written story,maybe one of your better ones.Real life at its lowest and its highest. Reality in fiction is the high lite. Very well done. BUT what is the point to it? The tale went from A to B but nothing to Z. I think you should have hung onto this story until you found not just an ending but an ending suitable for it.....Still 5 stars...JZK

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The last anon wrote about how well written the story was and how it was one of the writers best YET failed to see the point to the story. There were several - pick one!

Excellent tale of loss and devotion, also helping others in the sister's memory. I do similar thing in memory of my folks. Thank you for the tale.

somewhere east of Omaha

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well written, good story.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

Heart touching story. Little acts of kindness add up to make us a better person. To many people have forgotten how to be kind.

Thanks for your writinf

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well told... Bravo!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Illness-death stories just aren't fair. They always get me bawling.

StubbyoneStubbyoneover 1 year ago

Whew ! Cried like a baby. Evoked so much emotion. Definitely a 5-😊😊😊😊😊

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Just damn good!!! EXCELLENT.

TrambakTrambakover 1 year ago

Why would someone do things that's not quite explainable?

Because, humans are funny creatures who do not always follow the laws of logic, rationale, and reasoning.

But, the human connect is handsomely overwhelming and its futile to put an explanation to it.

5

CriosCriosover 1 year ago

Great little story. I see author hasn’t written in many years and last profile update was almost 6 years ago. Is he still with us?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

i lost both parents to cancer when they were in there 50s so this story had me crying for them and her.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Why the fuck would he give Mandy the chance to bail on him again the next time life grows difficult? He should tell the self centered bitch to find someone else to take responsibility for spreading her ashes. With any luck, she'll need to find someone soon.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

😓😭😢😥🥺

Beautiful and heart breaking.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I agree that Mandy should be encouraged to go fuck herself with a broken broomstick. Having anything more to do with such a faithless creature would be pathetically foolish.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The Salvation of a soul.

Well done.

Helen1899Helen189912 months ago

Very good, very sad, I wished he had made it with one of those women, it would have been an happier ending. However life isn't like that, the ending was what life is really like, well written. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Not sure why commenters below believe that his ex wife was faithless. All we know is they were having marital issue and were making progress I counseling, his sister is diagnosed with ovarian cancer m, he Lea es behind his wife for like 4 months, his wife Mamdy brings up the obvious though seemingly harsh statement that how can they fix their marriage when they are apart (who knows their situation in terms of finances, jobs, or separated, etc?). They are divorced by the time of the funeral. He does his pay it forward stuff, which is admirable and shows strength of character and heals his soul. He reconnects with Mandy via phone and email, and realizes he misses her, and talking to her is good for him and what he wants. So why is she necessarily faithless? If their marriage was in a healthy state and she sought divorce because of his sister's cancer, then yeah that is really bad. But clearly they were on the precipice already in counseling, withnsoemnrecent progress. Who knows what the issue even was. So why faithless?

RWessonRWesson11 months ago

I don't understand the hatred and vitriol against Mandy, the barely mentioned ex-wife. This is a filial, non-sexual, love story of a broken man finding inner peace. Perhaps it should.more have been non-profit to prevent those forcing things into the story that were never there?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I don't believe Mandy was faithless, but she abandoned her man when he needed her most. That's heinous

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Top slice of life & death.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Powerful Story.

jkthekatjkthekat9 months ago

if only!There are plenty of us giving back- wish there were more- great writing and am enjoying

them each of them******

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Damn. Not what I was expecting. Powerful. Five stars. Thanks.

JPB

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Just to continue. I liked that the Mandy thing was left open ended. Still Five stars.

JPB

lc69hunterlc69hunter8 months ago

a slice of real life

BSreaderBSreader8 months ago
A

Very good story and realistic for once.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Ouch, now I am remembering some of my family and friends which have passed. Pay it forward if possible.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

KMN!

l0ver0tical0ver0tica5 months ago

When she was a kid, anything my wife and her siblings had for Christmas was from the city's Christmas Bureau.

Lately, around the holidays, I've found myself making small, out-of-pocket donations to random charities that provide food for the holidays.

This story made me realize that it's probably for her...

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19694 months ago

beautiful touching story. didn't really need the ex-wife part included.

stewartbstewartb4 months ago

The start of a journey that occurs a million times a day around the world ... we all participate. Great story !

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Loved the story. Cancer sucks, my sister and sister-in-law died from it.

AnonymousAnonymous14 days ago

Why is this in Loving Wives.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous