Finding Love Pt. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her thin lips and how they smiled so beautifully. How Kate longed to kiss those sweet lips, trace them with her tongue, nibble and suck on them. Kate had often wondered if Meg's lower lips matched her upper ones, thin, delicate, and oh so sexy.

Kate also wondered if those clear blue eyes got darker when Meg was aroused. Kate vaguely remembered yesterday when Meg had helped her to bed. She had made a fool of herself to be sure, in her drunken stupor, but thought she had seen those eyes darken.

'God, she would be so sexy, sprawled out on my bed after just having cum from being fucked by me,' Kate thought as her body responded to that image. Her nipples tightened along with something deep inside her stomach.

Forgotten were her quiet reflections as her mind began to run wild with images of her and Meg. She could see Meg, her legs opened wide, her pussy wet, inviting, and herself diving in, lapping and sucking at Meg's pearl, making the young blonde writhe, squirm and claw at the sheets.

Kate's hands found their way under the water and to her nipples. She slowly rolled and softly pinched them as the vivid fantasy in her mind fueled her inner heat and arousal. The pleasure she felt was sweet but she needed more. She hooked the chain on the stopper with her toe and pulled, letting the water drain.

Taking the showerhead off of the rack, Kate lifted and spread both her legs, hooking one on either side of the tub. She leaned back and opened the water to a narrow stream. Her clit was swollen and already out of its hood and Kate directed the water's flow onto it.

The first touch made her gasp at how delicious it felt. She moaned and pictured that Meg was the one teasing her clit. She worked two fingers into her tunnel and began working them in and out slowly. She felt the first hint of tingling in her toes as the pace of her fingers increased. Her mind's eye saw Meg as the one whose fingers were pumping into her. Her pearl pulsed and her hips began to lift as the tingling moved up her legs, encompassing her whole body.

The sensations washed over her, consuming her whole, as wave after wave of pleasure rolled through her. Her inner walls clamped down on her fingers as her nectar gushed.

The first had barely left when a second hit. Kate came again, her legs locking up and cramping, her muscles rippling, her entire body winding and unwinding as the force of it assaulted her. Her hand dropped the showerhead as she became too sensitive and the pleasure threatened to turn painful. Through it all, Kate's mind kept seeing Meg's beautiful face, her eyes dark and passion filled, her lips curled into a smile.

* * * *

After recovering and rinsing off, Kate had dressed and gotten something to drink to replenish her lost liquids. She had smiled when she thought of why she had to do so.

But now she was back to where she started. Yes the orgasms had felt good but now she was feeling a little empty. There was no Meg waiting for her in her bed when she returned home. Sure Meg would be there, but only as a friend and employee. Her heart sank when she thought of that.

Ari and Vivian floated across her mind. What Viv had said was true. She had tried to love Ari and on some level, she really did, but Meg was the elephant in the room that she had refused to see. Vivian had known, had seen, and hadn't told her until she absolutely had to.

Was she still angry at Viv and Ari? Honestly, no. They had found each other and if they could be happy together, giving each other what they needed and wanted then she was happy for them. She would have to tell them so when she returned and salvage what she could of the friendship.

'Amazing!' Kate thought. Just twenty four hours ago she was a total mess; broken hearted, hurt and angry. Now she was calmer, not nearly in as much pain, not as angry, and was ready to forgive her friend and ex-girlfriend.

The only thing now was what to do about her feelings for Meg. It was all one sided. She couldn't just go and confess her love. Meg would look at her and say 'thanks but no thanks boss.' No, she would have to take some time away and try to deal with her feelings before she could face Meg.

Can someone get over loving another person and then continue working with and seeing that person every day. Could Kate handle never seeing Meg again? Would that have to be the solution; leave and never see Meg again?

She could sell out to her business partner and move someplace far away, start over, and in time forget about Meg. Maybe if Meg wasn't around it would allow Kate to move on and fall in love with someone else ― truly fall in love this time.

That was the only possible solution as far as Kate could see. But, first things first, a short leave of absence and perhaps some more counseling, maybe Logan could recommend someone for Kate to see. Someone who could help put her feelings for Meg behind her.

Chapter 26.

Meg was a nervous wreck. All weekend long she couldn't get the idea of Kate as a lover out of her mind. Waking or sleeping, Kate dominated her thoughts. What was it about her boss all of a sudden that had her going almost insane with all these feelings?

She had known after her first week of being Kate's assistant that Kate was into women. She would catch Kate looking at her the way men often did. Most times it had made her uncomfortable but with Kate it didn't. There was desire there in her dark eyes but nothing foul or malicious as she had seen the eyes of men.

Kate had been so adorable, trying to hide her interest in Meg's body and then coming clean and confessing. Meg had told her it was okay, that she didn't mind. And she truly didn't. She had actually been extremely flattered that Kate was interested. A few times she had wondered what it would be like to be with Kate but honestly, at the time, it didn't really appeal to her; at least she hadn't thought so. Now, after years of being Kate's eye candy, all of a sudden she was having feelings of attraction and want for Kate.

The whole thing was ludicrous to Meg. She had never been interested in women before. All her life she was as straight as can be. She had a few relationships, all of which were meaningful and fulfilling both physically and emotionally. Yet something had been missing. There was a quality that Meg had yet to find to make her truly happy. She had almost given up on it and had been single for the past year.

These thoughts and feelings about Kate were unsettling. Could it be that being alone, without a companion or intimacy for a year, had driven her mind to start seeing Kate as Kate had seen her?

No, that was crazy wasn't it?

Meg couldn't find any answers to her multitude of questions and when Monday came she was afraid of how she would react to be in Kate's presence. She had considered taking a personal day but knew that would only be prolonging the inevitable.

She arrived on time and fixed coffee for herself and Kate as she always did. Kate didn't require her to do it, but over the years she had gotten into the habit of doing it, and really liked greeting Kate with a cup and a smile.

Starting her computer and opening her mail, she was surprised to see one from Kate.

*Meg. I'm taking a two week leave of absence to deal with some personal things. Please reschedule my meetings and the like and take the time off as well; you deserve it.

I have already informed Steven by email so don't worry about that. I'll see you when I return. Until then, enjoy your time off. Kate*

Meg wasn't surprised that Kate needed some time to deal with finding out that her girlfriend and best friend had gotten together behind Kate's back. She hoped the time away would do Kate some good.

Meg also felt relieved that she would also have some time to deal with her own newfound feelings. Or hoped she would. However, on a deeper level she also felt a pang of sadness that she wouldn't be seeing Kate for a while. She would miss her.

It took her half the day but Meg managed to clear Kate's work calendar for the next two weeks, moving meetings and putting off appointments. Her last call was to Jade, informing her of the little Meg knew about Kate's situation. Then she packed up and headed home to try and sort through her own feelings.

* * * *

Jade and Terry had a fairly good idea about what had happened. After Jade's conversation with Kate and Terry's own conversation some time ago with Ari, they both knew what to expect when they walked into Serafina's.

They normally didn't go so early in the week, but after talking with Meg, Jade wanted to talk to Vivian. She wasn't really a part of this situation, but Kate had always been good to Jade and she wanted to find out how Vivian could do this to Kate.

Taking a table and ordering drinks, Jade and Terry relaxed and kept their eyes open for Vivian or Ari. It wasn't long before they saw them. Vivian was making her usual rounds among the patrons and Ari was on her arm.

They looked good together, happy. Jade had to admit ― there was something about the way they moved together. They seemed to be so in sync with each other and complemented each other perfectly.

Soon enough they noticed Jade and Terry and slowly made their way over. Ari's smile was tentative. She wasn't sure how much Jade knew and what she would say. Vivian was ever her confident self, smiling brightly and greeting the pair.

"Jade, Terry, you're both looking magnificent as always."

"I have to say, so are you Vivian," Jade returned.

"Hi Ari, I see you got things sorted out, for the better from the look in your eyes," Terry said and smiled warmly.

Ari blushed and nodded, her eyes getting warm as she looked at Vivian.

"Angel, why don't you take Terry to one of the private rooms so you two can talk? I'll keep Jade company. Take as long as you like," Vivian said and kissed Ari softly on the lips.

"Okay. Would that be alright Terry?"

"Sure, I'd like that," Terry answered. She kissed Jade and then followed Ari's lead.

"Why don't we go to my office where it's quieter," Vivian suggested. Jade agreed and followed.

* * * *

"So you followed your heart and it led you to Vivian I see," Terry started off things once they were inside the private room. It was a small space and decorated with long dark purple drapes. There was a two person sofa in the center; its dark leather surface matched the room's coloring.

"Yes. It was hard but it feels right. This is where I belong," Ari said as she sat next to Terry on the sofa.

"Tell me all about it then," Terry said and waited for Ari to begin.

* * * *

Back in Vivian's office ― "Well from the look in your eyes Jade, I'd say you'd like to give me an earful about my wicked ways and what I did to Kate," Vivian said as she moved to her cabinet and pulled out two glasses. "I've got bourbon, brandy or scotch, what's your pleasure?"

"I'll have a little of the brandy, thanks," Jade replied, "As to your actions, while I find them to not be very nice, after watching you and Ari together tonight, well, I can't say that what happened could have been helped."

"Oh? Do tell."

"Kate and Ari were good together. They seemed to have a good thing going, but seeing you and Ari together, moving about ... I can see the love there. I would have said it was impossible in such a short period of time but, from my own experience, you two have what Terry and I do."

"Wow, that's quite a compliment Jade. It's true though; the moment I met her, she triggered something deep inside me. I knew people fell in love with each other all the time and I hoped it would happen to me someday but I never dreamed it would happen like this."

"Yes, we never expected it but it happened," Jade said as she lifted her glass to her lips. They were quiet for a bit before Jade spoke.

"I spoke to Kate's assistant today. Kate has taken a two week leave of absence from work to sort through things. Megan said Kate's email was very short and that she didn't say anything about where she went."

"She most likely went home to her parents. She has a really good relationship with them from what I know.

"Speaking of Kate's assistant, what do you know about her?" Vivian asked.

"Well, she's been with Kate for as long as I've worked with her. She's very competent, does all of Kate's translating. Young, bright, pretty, why do you ask?" Jade inquired.

"Okay you know that Kate and I were together for a while," Vivian began. Jade nodded. "After we broke up, we stayed friends and ended up having a 'friends with benefits' relationship."

"Okay; and you're telling me this because?"

"Sometimes when Kate came by, she would be very on edge and very aggressive. Now I liked that about Kate, but most of the time when she was with me, in her mind, she was with Megan. She has it bad for that girl. Always has as far as I know. Getting together with Ari, well it wouldn't have worked anyway. Kate is hooked on Megan and no other will do."

"So you think Kate is in love with her assistant?" Jade asked, her voice showing her skepticism.

"I don't think, I know. She used to mumble her name in her sleep."

"Alright, what about Megan? I've never seen anything to indicate that she knows about Kate's love or that she would care."

"Well Ari thinks that Megan might love Kate too, deep down, but in her mind, she's straight and doesn't realize it."

"Kind of farfetched in my opinion," Jade said as she rolled the possibility through her mind.

"My point is Kate is hurt about what happened between her and Ari, but what her heart really wants is Megan. And if Ari is right, Megan can be with Kate if only she had someone to open her eyes to the possibility."

"Vivian, are you saying that I should have a little talk with Megan?"

"Well who better? I know your story; married and straight until you were divorced. Then you met Terry and you've never looked back."

"Well yes, but my experience hardly makes me qualified to advise Megan to do what? Open her heart to Kate and rush off and find her so they can live happily ever after?"

"Yeah, pretty much," Vivian said with a grin. Jade shot her a dirty look but couldn't help smiling.

"Okay seriously, Megan may not know it, but I trust Ari's eye for detail and she's sure there's something there," Vivian continued.

"Vivian, how would I even start such a conversation?"

"Well you could begin by asking her to lunch and then easing your way into the subject by talking about your own experience."

"I don't know Vivian; she might not be too open to it."

"Please Jade, won't you at least try for Kate's sake?"

"You're that sure things will work out for them?"

"Who knows?" Vivian said, shrugging her shoulders. "But it's what Kate's heart wants, and even though I don't know Megan, I think she couldn't find anyone better who'd love and respect her more than Kate. All we can do is try, point her in Kate's direction and hope for the best. I really do believe that until Kate either gets Megan or the idea of Megan out of her head, she'll never be able to have a relationship with anyone."

"Well we wouldn't want that."

"So you're on board?"

"Yes, I'll give it my best. Of course I can't promise that I'll be able to convince Megan of anything, but for Kate's sake, I'll try."

* * * *

Early the next morning Jade called Kate's office and spoke with Steven Wroth. A little white lie about needing to speak to Megan about a specific document allowed Jade to get Megan's cell number.

"Hello Megan, this is Jade."

"Hi Jade, what can I do for you?"

"Well I was hoping, if it's not too short notice, we could have lunch together today. I'd really like to talk to you about Kate."

"Um, sure, I'm free and can meet you."

"Good, there's a little place called Leo's, do you know it?"

"Yes, I've been there before."

"Great, can we meet at about twelve thirty?"

"Sure Jade, I'll see you then.

* * * *

Jade was waiting in one of the small, private booths when Meg arrived.

"Hi Megan, please sit," Jade said and made a signal to the server, who appeared shortly after to take their orders.

"So you're worried about Kate, that's why you asked me here?" Meg inquired after the server left.

"Yes, I saw Vivian and Ari last night at the club. They were good together, happy." Jade watched Meg as she spoke and saw a flash of anger in her eyes.

"I can't really blame them, when love finds you, hits you, all you can do is accept it and enjoy it." Jade had chosen her words carefully and watched Meg closely for any reaction they might bring. The anger faded and was replaced by intrigue.

"It was very much the same with me," Jade continued. "I didn't plan it; I had no intention of finding love like I did. I had just gotten divorced and one of my friends took me to a lesbian club. Some of her other friends were with us, including this stunning beauty named Terry. Well, by the end of the night, I couldn't keep my eyes off of her.

"I never thought I was a lesbian; I wasn't attracted to women before, but there was just something so irresistible about Terry that I couldn't help myself. I sent her flowers, took her out to dinner. I pursued her relentlessly and here we are years later. I'm happier than I ever dreamed possible, I have an incredible wife and we have the most amazing son. And all because I was open to the possibility of loving a woman."

It wasn't the exact truth of Jade and Terry's meeting but it was close enough to get the point Jade wanted to make across. She could see that her words were having an effect on Meg. She was deep in thought about what Jade had said. Perhaps Vivian and Ari weren't off in their speculations after all.

The conversation stopped when the food arrived. They both ate silently, each seemingly lost in their own thoughts. Jade was trying to figure out just how she could ease into the subject of Megan's feelings for Kate, if indeed there were some that went beyond friendship. Meg surprised Jade when she next spoke.

"Love is love no matter who it's between. If that's true then I shouldn't fight my feelings for Kate should I?"

Meg's statement left Jade a little stunned. She hadn't expected Meg to just come right out with it.

"Your feelings Megan?"

"Lately, I've been having these feelings for Kate. I don't know where they're coming from or why I'm suddenly having them but ..."

"But what Megan?" Jade prompted gently.

"I'm afraid, afraid of what it all means. Does this mean I'm ..." Meg couldn't finish that sentence. "How can I be? And what should I do about it if I am? Follow my heart and try to be with Kate? Would Kate even be open to that?"

"She might be more open than you think, Megan."

"I know she has a thing for me but she just broke up with Ari. I don't even know if I can be in a relationship with a woman, but I know I don't want to be Kate's rebound woman.

"I think you're making a very good start by knowing that. Look Megan, all you can do is listen to your heart and keep your head on straight. You need to think it all over, look inside yourself and find out what you want. Then you have to talk to Kate. Let her know what you're feeling about her and the situation. Once you have you'll know what can be done, how you can resolve things and maybe find what you need."

"I don't know Jade. I've been mulling this whole thing over in my head for a while now but I can't seem to find any answers."

"Megan, before you can find the answers, you first have to find acceptance within yourself that this might be the new you, the real you."

"That's very profound Jade. I didn't know you were such a philosopher." Meg said with a smirk.

"Only when necessary my dear I assure you. Now my advice is to do what feels right to you and not be closed off to the possibility of finding love, wherever that love may be."