All Comments on 'Finding Uncle Billy'

by Malraux

Sort by:
  • 110 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

First, what a joy ! Love the continuation of setting and characters of SKY GREY. You stopped writing. I encourage you to write some more. Your feeling, your insight, your attention to detail is just awesome

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Shame we can only give 5 stars it’s a real tearjerker wonderful story

Taco76310Taco763103 months ago

A wonderful and moving story. Lt. Finch a man whose devotion to duty and his word should be held in regard to all. Especially politicians.

GriffinmanGriffinman3 months ago

Yet another excellent story from Sky Grey. Very moving and factual. You have a knack of bring life to the fore. Wish that it was possible to give more than 5* as it deserves more. As a previous comment said " need to do something about the dust here"

dgfergiedgfergie2 months ago

I had read this some years ago and it stuck in my mind and I managed to find it again. Now I sit here in tears after reading it. What an incredible and emotional tale. Finding Uncle Billy. He promised his men no one would be left behind, His promise kept him there when he could have gone home and lived a long life. They called him the mad man on the ridge, and yet he kept it safe for the children that played there.

This could be a true story but even if it isn't it sure points out the sadness of war and our missing loved ones. Remember praise all those who have served and fought and died because they had no other choice. Perhaps someday we will find a way to eliminate war.

6King6King2 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐

SackettheartSackettheart2 months ago

What a great story. I loved this MC, she was so strong and determined thought of both of them and not just herself. He was arrogant and selfish. Almost wished she found someone else. But the honor her uncle Billy showed was incredible. Only thing was why didn't he let anyone know where his men were buried or even write home to his family explaining why he is not returning home. Great read, great comments posted, need to give the author the honor it deserves 5 stars.

tsgtcapttsgtcaptabout 2 months ago

Again, an excellent read! My only questions - why did Lt Finch not make contact with those who came through trying to find the unit? And when is the next chapter due out? Excellent story, thank you.

tsgtcapttsgtcaptabout 1 month ago

Read, again, with my wife. She really enjoyed this great story, also. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous4 days ago

I hate that I am limited to 5 stars

Mr O.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMalraux@Malraux
Former athlete, serviceman, teacher, proofreader, warehouse man, student, coach. Still reader, writer, hiker, sport pilot. Like Hemingway, Styron, sports, planes that stall at 40 mph, grass landing strips, honesty, and women. Wish I were an expert at something.

SIMILAR Stories