Fire in the Embers Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Still working the aftermath of the Beanstalk raid." said Teresa. "We're also watching to see who, if anyone, tries to step in and take over the trafficking the Beanstalkers were doing. My concern is that this local gang being eliminated opens a hole for a larger, national gang to come in, like MS-13 or that 'White Roots' biker gang that got some attention in Tennessee recently."

"Yeah, I saw that." I said. "Funny how they're popping up in the Media, all of a sudden."

"True, sir." said Teresa. "In the meantime, I'm still working with the FBI and DEA on it all. There are a ton of financial threads that Julie has found, and we're still working through them all. I'm sending you emails as often as I can."

"Keep doing that." I said. "Okay, Tanya, what is keeping MCD busy, these days?"

"I'm going to put Joanne Cummings and Martin Nash on this refined heroin case stemming from the Grayson case." Tanya said. "We think something is going on with that. Martin talked with BigPharmaCorp's security people over the weekend, and they've agreed to very quietly help us see if there's anything going on with their Research Department. I've told them that we're doing this from the angle of catching industrial espionage perps, and we have to tread lightly: Dr. Cubbard does not like external investigations."

"Hmmmm," I said, "I deduce that their Security people think something's going on, and they're not happy with Dr. Cubbard, either."

"Not much gets by you, sir." said Tanya with her cherubic grin. "Anyway, Theo and Teddy are going to clean up what they can of the Stiles abduction."

"Who is working the arson case?" I asked.


Tanya said "I was thinking of Diana Torres... except that she practically belongs to Vice now, working with Lorena Rose on things."

"Since she speaks Spanish, I can understand that." I said. "Lieutenant Croyle, you might have successfully poached one from MCD." Teresa nodded vigorously.

"Okay, Tanya, at the risk of telling you your job," I said, "I am having ideas of overloading Martin Nash to see how much he can handle. Have Joanne take the lead on the BigPharmaCorp case, and him working with her but in an assisting role. Then put him on the arson case as the lead, and have Parker work with him on that. Let Theo clean up the Stiles case, and you personally can help him with that."

"Sounds like a plan." Tanya said, understanding the underlying reasons for those assignments.

"Okay ladies, if that's all..." I said, "... Teresa, keep sending those emails on those financial connections; they help me far more than you know. You can go. Tanya, stay here a moment, and Captain Ross can listen in if she wants to." Needless to say, only Teresa left.

"What's your plan on Gor-don?" I asked Tanya. Her eyes cut to Cindy. "Yes, Lieutenant," I said, "your Captain of Detectives is psychic like her father, and has already found me out on your assignment. So speak freely in front of her."

"O-kay." said Tanya. "I went with Theo to Gor-don's apartment yesterday. No one answered the door. I called around to places he's been known to hang out, and no one has seen him. Of course I would never ask Myron to conduct a warrantless search for his cellphone pings, and of course he would never find out that Gor-don's cellphone is in his apartment."

"And your plan is?" I asked.

"It would be to search his apartment," Tanya replied, "except that I have no basis for a warrant, unless you authorize me to ask for one based upon potential imminent harm to Gor-don with regard to the recent abduction."

"That might not fly very well." I said. "Did Gor-don come into the office today? Or the D.A.'s offices?"

"No sir." said Tanya. "He's not here, and I called the D.A.'s office as well as the Courthouse Security station up front. They'll both call me if he shows up."

"I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a call." I said.

"Sir," said Cindy, "I have an idea. We can go to his apartment and go in without a warrant. If there's any flak, I'll just say Jenna asked me to get some legal papers from there. If push comes to shove, she would never deny it."

"I sure hope not." I said. "Or I'll have to return my wedding gift. Okay, we'll give Gor-don until 10:00am to show up somewhere, and if he doesn't, we'll go pick up those legal papers..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

At 10:20am Cindy Ross put her blue crowbar to work jimmying open the door of Gor-don's apartment. It was not hard to open, and soon we were inside. Tanya and I had cleared the rooms with weapons drawn, and we found the abode to be empty. We were all wearing latex gloves so that we would not leave our own prints at the scene.

"Looks cleaned out. Stale and lifeless." observed Tanya. Indeed, the apartment looked as if it were being showcased for new occupancy. What little furniture there was, was generic and completely straight, everything clean, no personal effects at all. The refrigerator and freezer were completely empty, as was the cupboard, the trash emptied.

"He's flown." I said.

"Commander," asked Tanya as we looked around, "do you think he's... dead?"

"I don't know." I said, going through drawers. "Why render the apartment so clean if they're going to kill him?"

"Are you sure we're in the right apartment?" Tanya asked as I checked above the tops of the kitchen cabinets. Not even a spider web had prevailed the cleanup.

Cindy recited the address, which she'd gotten from Jenna and then checked with DMV. We were in the right apartment. "I'd expect a Punk's place to be a mess." Cindy said.

"Maybe it was." I said, wiping my finger on the fireplace mantle. So many good clues come from a fireplace mantle, I thought to myself, remembering Cassie Sanderson. But this one was wiped clean.

"You think this place was vacated some time before?" asked Tanya.

"No." I replied. "It's definitely been cleaned out and cleaned up in the last 24 hours or so. No dust. Anywhere."

"Well," said Tanya, "they certainly wanted to leave nothing behind that would give us any clues."

"Lieutenant," said Captain Ross, "would you go to your Police car and radio in a missing persons report and APB for Gor-don? And ask for two Crime Lab people, and have them bring sonar equipment. Have them search the walls and any attic spaces for any secret compartments."

"Wilco." said Tanya. She scurried out. As soon as she was gone, Cindy whirled to face me.

"Before God, Don, or whatever you consider holy," she said, "did you do anything to him?"

I was shocked by the question, then realized what she was thinking. "No... no, I didn't touch him." I said. "Before God. I was more worried that you were going to do something to him."

"Sorry," Cindy said, "but I had to ask." I could see that she was not really mollified, but what was I supposed to say or do? She then said "So what happened to him? Did he fly, or did the Consultant eliminate him?"

"I don't know." I said. "No data either way. I get the feeling he didn't spend much time here in the first place--"

"Don?" Cindy asked. I did not reply. I was in a reverie. A big one...

When I finally came out of it, I said "Cindy, you're gonna think I'm crazy..."

"I already do think you're crazy." Cindy said jokingly. "What now?"

"I think we're looking at two situations." I said. "Someone got Gor-don out of here, maybe alive or maybe killed him. Then a second entity came in and cleaned up the place."

"Why the hell would someone do that?" Cindy asked.

"To induce the exact thing you just thought and asked." I said. "Causing people to wonder if I did away with Gor-don myself. And you have to admit... it worked."

Cindy nodded. I gave her some instructions before Tanya returned, and she agreed to follow them...

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

Back in my office that afternoon, I was buzzed by my assistant Helena French.

"The Fire Marshal is here to see you, sir. Without appointment." Helena said, her voice not too friendly.

"Oh, by all means, send her right in." I said. I stood up as Helena opened the door to admit Fire Marshal Zoe Singer. Helena then closed the door behind us, frowning as she looked at Zoe's backside. I wondered what the source of that hostility from the very sweet Helena was about.

Zoe was dressed in the Fire Department's version of a Duty Dress uniform, a navy blue jacket and skirt with her ribbons above her upper right jacket pocket. She was also wearing high heel navy pumps, a bit higher than standard, showing off her legs and ass under the clingy uniform skirt.

"Commander Singer, you look wonderful." I said.

"So do you, Commander Troy." she said. "Let's drop the ranks, Don."

"Sure." I said. "Have you met my assistant Helena before?"

"Uh, no." said Zoe. "And I don't think she appreciated my unannounced visit."

"So, speaking of that, what brings you here?"

"I thought I would bring you a copy of the apartment arson report. Personally." Zoe said, handing me a folder with a printed copy of the email I'd received some hours before.

"Well, that is mighty kind of you." I said. "Let me ask you, would you like me to take you to dinner? Or perhaps both my wife and I can take you to dinner?"

"Mmm, dinner with both of you sounds very nice." Zoe said.

I called my wife on my cellphone. "Hi dear." I said to Laura. "I'm sitting here with Fire Marshal Zoe Singer. You and I are inviting her to dinner tonight... yes, both of us will be taking her out for dinner, drinks... and since she's had a long, hard day, we'll both be giving her a long... hard... night." Zoe's dark eyes sparkled at what I was implying in that invitation...

Part 28 - Politics And Pleasure

"Okay," said Mayor Larry Vaughan, the People's Choice, as the Town & County Council met in Executive Session on the evening of Tuesday, November 17th. "We have two items on the agenda. The first is the Second Reading of the Bill concerning the appointment of Sean Moynahan to the position of Chief of Police of the Town & County Police Department. Let us commence with the vote. All in favor?"

Nine hands were raised.

"All opposed?"

Thomas P. Cook raised his hand, and then said "I want the record to show my name as being in opposition to this appointment."

"Let the record note that Thomas P. Cook is the sole vote against the bill in the Second Reading." announced Mayor Vaughan.

Cook was steaming mad. He'd worked hard all the last week, talking with the other Council members. He knew he'd never get Colby, Schoen, and J.P. Goldman's votes, but he was hoping to force McGhillie to abstain, as McGhillie was the father of a current police officer, and then have his faction vote solidly against the confirmation.

They'd given him plenty of lip service, but when it came time, they'd completely abandoned their word, and him. At least Pastor Westboro had had the decency to tell him earlier that day that he, Westboro, was not going to stand in the way of Moynahan's appointment. But Kelly Carnes, Malinda Adams, and Reginald B.F. Lewis had simply betrayed him, left him hanging in the wind.

A whore, a feminazi, and a negro, he thought bitterly to himself. They'd pay, he thought to himself. They would pay.

"Okay," said Mayor Vaughan, "the second item is a surprisingly fast application for the Medal for Fireman Roy Easley, who was seriously injured in that apartment fire this past weekend. Has everyone read the email of this application?" Everyone said that they had.

J.P. Goldman spoke up first. "I wish to draw your attention to the attached references at the end of Fire Chief Quinlin's application. The two names will be very familiar to you all. And if there are any two people who have the right to make this recommendation, it is Commander Troy and Captain Ross."

John Colby spoke up. "The Commander and Captain were on the scene and personally witnessed Fireman Easley's heroic actions in saving a child's life. His self-sacrifice is simply amazing, and on top of that... well, those are the exact words... the building came crashing on top of them while Fireman Easley was extracting the child."

"Fortunately," said Dagmar Schoen, "it looks like Roy Easley will recover. I visited him in the hospital today, and while he's not completely out of danger, there's been no infections so far. He'll have a painful recovery process from the burns, but he should recover."

"Let us praise the Lord for that." said Pastor Westboro. "While it is good to see that two previous Medal of Valor recipients have so strongly recommended Mr. Easley for the award, for me it is about whether this rises to the standard for this award, or if it is more deserving of a Fire Cross."

"Pastor, I understand your love of crosses," said Dagmar Schoen, meaning to be humorous, "but if this does not meet the standard, what does?"

"I believe this does match the heroism of Captain Ross's actions." said Kelly Carnes. "And I think it rises far above Commander Troy's award, which I think was just a bit too much for his actions, as I've said many times."

"Of which you'll remind us until the Second Coming, I'm sure." snarled Dagmar Schoen. "Commander Troy was shot and wounded saving not one but three young children that had been kidnapped."

"Amazing how those situations just seem to happen for him..." said Carnes.

"If we may concentrate on the present." said Pastor Westboro, reining in his fellow politicians. "The past is what it is, and there is no doubting the courage of either Captain Ross or Commander Troy. There is also little doubt of the courage of Fireman Easley, a Bronze Star recipient with the Army in Afghanistan."

"I move that we form a commission to investigate the event, and to hear their findings before taking final action upon this application." said Edward R. Steele.

"I second that." said Ian McGhillie.

"Point of order." said Thomas P. Cook. "I object to this ramrodding this through like this."

"What do you wish to say, Mr. Cook?" asked Mayor Vaughan.

"This is... highly irregular." said Cook. "We usually consider all applications for medals and awards at one meeting in January. What's the rush, here? And why do we need a commission to handle this? Can't we decide and vote on it, like we were elected to do?"

"If I may," said Kelly Carnes, "I'd like to address just those concerns. First of all, this is not for just any award; Fireman Easley has been nominated for the Medal of Valor. Second, a fact-finding commission to determine exactly the facts and the merits of this award would not be out of place, nor irregular or uncommon. The military has similar investigations to determine if a Medal of Honor is justified."

And like I said," she continued, "I was not on board with Commander Troy's MOV, as I did not think it met the standard. I'm not trying to rehash it, I'm just saying we should be more thorough than we were then, and a commission will do exactly that for us. And in taking our time to have a commission investigate, we are doing anything but rushing to judgment on it."

"Well stated, Mrs. Carnes." said the Mayor. "Okay, if someone will re-make the motion, but please add the names of those to the commission..."

John Colby said "I'll do that. I move to form a commission to investigate the Medal of Valor application for Fireman Roy Easley, that they report their findings no later than Tuesday, January 12th of next year, which gives us time to have both readings of the bill, and that the commission members be J.P. Morgan, Pastor Westboro, and Dagmar Schoen."

"I'm afraid I must take myself out of consideration." said Pastor Westboro. "Fireman Easley is a member of my Flock at First Baptist, and I am sure I will be spending time with him as he recovers. I would likely not be impartial in the investigation."

"I object to Dagmar Schoen being on the commission." said Kelly Carnes flatly.

"Okay," said Colby, "Pastor Westboro... you name the three."

"Ah, very neatly done." said Westboro. "Giving me the three golden apples. But I accept, and make the same motion as Mr. Colby, with a reporting date by the commission of January 12th, with Mr. Goldman, Mr. Colby, and Ms. Malinda Adams as the commission."

"I second that." said McGhillie.

The vote was 8-2, with Cook and Carnes objecting, Cook to the commission and Carnes to Colby being on it. By special rule the Second Reading was waived.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I lay back on the bed, groaning in pleasure as Zoe's full lips slid down my throbbing hard cockshaft. She was on her knees next to me, naked, and I admired her luscious, firm body and dark black-brown hair as she fellated me.

My wife Laura was also naked, lying between my legs, tonguing my balls and occasionally tossing my salad. I have to admit I wasn't a big fan of that, but with Zoe's hot mouth keeping my cock prisoner in its warm wetness, I couldn't really move.

We were on the bed of the guest bedroom of the Mountain Nest, having taken Zoe to dinner. Zoe had worn a tight, clingy, form-fitting dress and high heels. She looked smoking hot, pardon the pun, and ready to play. Laura was equally hot in looks and attitude.

After I put the kids were put to bed and Bowser settled in under Carole's crib, I'd returned to the main room to find Laura and Zoe hotly making out, sharing deep, tongue-twining kisses. I poured some glasses of wine and then settled down to watch them. Soon they were undressed, except for their high heels.

"Mmmm, someone is overdressed." Laura said as they looked over at me. They got up, and a second later I had two beautiful woman on either side of me, and we were all sharing hot kisses as I wondered to myself if I'd just died and gone to heaven... because this was absolutely heaven.

We made it to the guest bedroom with our glasses of wine. I just got on the bed and laid back, wondering what the women had planned. And their first plan was to sexually attack me, using their mouths and tongues on my loins to get me fired up (pun intended).

Wanting to participate, I asked Zoe to take my place, lying on her back with her head on the pillows. I got between the beautiful Fire Marshal's legs, which she pulled up and back, and began tonguing her sweet pussy. Man! did that taste good! I thought to myself as I delved deeply into her sopping wet hole.

I don't know how long I ate Zoe's pussy, but Laura said later that it was over half an hour. Laura took Zoe's high heels off, and I felt Zoe's feet on my back, caressing my shoulder blades as I kissed, licked, and sucked Zoe's labes and into her sweet honey hole. I saw Laura and Zoe kissing, making out, their hands exploring each other's breasts. Moments later Zoe was sucking Laura's milk-filled udders, draining them of their delicious snack.

And speaking of a delicious snack, I felt Zoe's cunt gush and her pussy walls tighten as she came around my tongue. I didn't stop, just feasting, looking up her body, over her pubic bush and her jiggling breasts. I saw Laura get up and straddle Zoe's head, lowering her pussy onto Zoe's mouth. I saw Zoe tonguing Laura's cunt, working her tongue expertly over my wife's swollen labes, and I did the same to Zoe's slit in kind.

We changed positions, with Laura eating Zoe while I made out with Zoe. Laura was on her hands and knees between Zoe's legs, and the sight of my wife's magnificent ass in the air was too much. I went over behind Laura and sank my throbbing hard cock to the hilt inside her sopping quim, balls-deep in pleasure as I began pistoning in and out of her.

The sex ended after I mounted Zoe in the missionary position, pressed my body onto hers, took her asscheeks in my hands, and began pumping in and out of her as rapidly as I could, driving my cock deep into her and pistoning it back and forth. Laura was 'helping', by licking our joined loins, then as I began reaching the crest, that deep pleasure building, my wife sank her finger into my ass and massaged my prostate. My vision fogged as rockets of ecstasy coursed through me, and I barely felt my pulsing cock firing spurt after spurt of potent, virile semen deep into Zoe's quaking cunt...