Fire Woman

Story Info
Attorney & her celebrity crushes enjoy adulterous swinging.
21.7k words
10.5k
9
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Codes- MF, FF, MFF, oral, swinging, infidelity, romance.

Authors' Notes- This story is fictional parody and meant for readers with mature open minds. If you object to ethical non-monogamy or graphic sex, it may not be your cup of tea. The story also discusses divorce, sex crimes, and breast cancer survival- fair warning. Please note that this story takes place in an urban fantasy type fanfiction crossover universe that mirrors our own somewhat. Characters based on real people are fictional cameos and not intended as depictions of those real people. Characters based on other people's fiction are not canon portrayals of those characters. This story also concentrates on my original characters more than non-original characters, so I do not consider this story fanfiction. Actor resemblances are intended as fantasy casting and physical description only. Special thanks to The Cult, Garth Brooks, and the writers of Futurama for included inspirational music. This story is connected to my other online works, but they are not required previous reading. This story was written for entertainment, not financial profit. If you read and enjoy it, feedback is appreciated.

The resolution for my story "Courtney Crowe" is summarized in Chapter 3. I started writing this story before that one. While developing Emily's character, the idea of her being motivated to swap sides from prosecuting attorney to criminal defense fascinated me. Courtney developed out of a recurring nightmare of mine, and I wanted to write an Erotic Horror story for Halloween, so I decided to publish her story before this one. I hope readers are satisfied with this depiction of its resolution. Please remember that all the controversial aspects of the story are my opinion and the product of my imagination as well as several stories I have read. These details are intended to raise awareness and discourage overly negative profiling of people regardless of their gender or sexual orientation. You have the right to disagree with my opinions, but I hope you will understand my intentions. For context, I am a straight but woke man with past law enforcement experience and knowledge of many crime victims.

For more on the Wood vs. Warner case, if you are curious, check out my story "Counseling" and google the celebrities Evan Rachel Wood and Brian Warner, aka Marilyn Manson. That conflict is now resolved peacefully in my fictional universe, with this story. May it be similar in real life someday, for a relationship that was a learning experience for involved parties and fans. That's the nicest thing I can say about it.

Sex scenes for this story will take place between Doug, Emily, and Lisa in Chapters 4 and 5. Skip there if you don't care about plot. Enjoy!

***

Chapter 1: The Applicant.

***

Garin-Ruiz Resort, Lake Tahoe, Nevada. Autumn 2023.

The "Inside Out" lounge was quiet. Plenty of patrons, but all seemed content. No one had demanded his time significantly for more than the past hour. So, since it was close to the end of his shift anyway, bartender Doug Ramsay asked the other resort employee helping him if she could go solo for the time remaining until shift change. "I'd like to catch up on paperwork in the office."

"Sure," said the freckled forty-something brunette who resembled a younger Jodie Foster. "I'll buzz you if things suddenly get crazy."

"Thanks, Jodie Lee," Doug replied. He appreciated the reminder of that constant danger. The entertainment mogul then headed for his office. There, he sat at his computer for a while, doing the task he had earlier described. Some time later, he found himself able to relax and checked his clock. The shift downstairs was over.

Jodie Lee didn't contact me, he thought. Everything must have gone fine. He checked the security monitor app on his computer- two other employees were on duty at the lounge bar and everything still seemed okay. Doug took a breath, then checked his schedule. Nothing pressing for the rest of the day. Let's go home then, he decided. After I check in with my wife Lisa. As he reached for his phone to do that, it chimed.

Doug checked the caller ID and then answered. "Hey, Boris." Boris Garin was his business partner and a longtime friend. Also my boss, Doug reminded himself, since he and his wife own and run this resort. I'm just a co-manager who owns and runs one of the many attractions. "What's up?"

"We got a problem, Doug. One I think can best be handled by your special attention. I sent you an email just now about a woman named Cartwright."

"Cartwright... name's kinda familiar. That old show Bonanza with all the short relationships, I think that's it." Doug laughed.

"This is a little more serious than some old TV show, Doug."

"Right, sorry." Doug took a breath and reset his mind. He then checked his email and found the message Boris had mentioned. The subject was "Nobles Game Application- Emily Johnson Cartwright."

A profile of a prospective new member for the "Nobles Game", Doug mused. That's something this resort does for every person who wants to check out certain areas of our business in depth.

Garin-Ruiz was a vacation resort- a country club with an attached casino, hotel, and numerous other attractions, including Doug's lounge. Boris and his wife had run the resort since 2012, inheriting the property from the previous owner after working at it and various other similar places after college. Garin-Ruiz Resort was a normal business, mostly. Yet there was one side of it that the staff had to hide from the public in plain sight. A sex hookup venue for casual encounters, swinging, and other things of which many in the outside world did not approve. They liked to vet every person who expressed a deep interest in such things somewhat, to make sure they were not potential troublemakers. Boris and his wife Elena led a committee that reviewed such people. The Nobles Game was their process. How could this woman be a problem? And why is Boris asking me to handle her?

Hmm, he thought for a moment. I knew an Emily Johnson once. But it's a common name. No way it's the same woman. Or is it? Nah.

Doug skimmed the email. It was a copy of the application form described in the subject. Name he already knew. Birthday was fine, her age was 44- same as his. No red flags there. He checked her occupation- criminal attorney. Okay... He looked at the explanation for why she wanted to join the Nobles Game. It read- "My marriage will soon be over. I wish to have a vacation in ethical non-monogamy." That seemed acceptable. How had she heard about the game? "My husband is a Noble."

Doug blinked. Okay, jealous spouse. A recurring issue here. Sometimes people learn of the Game in bad ways. There are three ways to find out about the Nobles Game at Garin Ruiz. First, we have online advertising. Adult websites for swingers draw people into the Game through chat rooms, message boards, and the like. Second, you can vacation at our resort and see our posters for the various "Nobles Theme Events" at my lounge and other attractions. These events are not open to the general public. Someone asks a resort employee about them, and they are directed to Boris, me, or someone else who is familiar. They are then given a brochure and an application form for membership in the Game. This woman learned of the Game the third way, an invite from a current or former member. I'm guessing that would be her husband. His name, per the application reference box, is Jacob Cartwright. Not familiar. Hmm.

"I'm reading the email now," Doug told Boris. "Who's her husband? I don't personally know every Nobles player."

"He's a corporate attorney who worked for the previous owner of our resort, then Elena and me. You wouldn't know him. He's a Texan like us, though. Moved back to the Houston area full time in 2015, stopped working directly for us since. Before that, he was traveling between here and our previous owner's similar business in Houston. We were just one of his many clients. It's a mergers and acquisitions firm, he's a managing partner. He still vacations here now and then. Nice guy."

"Okay. And his wife is an issue because...?"

"She's never been a Noble until now. He's been a Noble for about eleven years. She said the marriage will soon be over. Red flag."

"I thought that too." He looked at the part of the application that asked if you had ever been to Garin-Ruiz before- this applicant had checked the "No" box. But yes, she was familiar with the resort per the following yes or no question. "Have we rejected this application, Boris?"

"Not yet. I thought I should discuss it with you first. Did you see the Nobles code name she wants for her file?"

Doug checked that application question. "Fire Woman." His memory sparked suddenly. That title had meant something to the Emily Johnson he had known. Could it be...?

I have told Boris about her, Doug mused. She was my first crush, a girl I knew in elementary school. Long time ago. I lived in Houston then. "Are you wondering if this is the same 'Fire Woman' I knew, Boris?"

"Yeah. The city of residence, the age, the name and code name... it all fits. I Googled women with her name in the Houston area and got a website for a criminal defense attorney firm, solo practice. I sent you the link just now."

Doug flipped back to his Inbox. He found the message Boris had mentioned and clicked the link. Instantly a picture appeared on his computer screen. A slim good-looking blonde in a black dress suit and white shirt. Tanned skin, mid-length straight hair, hard focused expression. Looks like one of those Romanesque avenging angels, Doug thought, or maybe the actress Brie Larson. Probably a strong courtroom presence. I like her sharp nose, square jaw, and dark blue eyes. Kinda flat in the chest area, but that's no big deal to me. She looks smart, capable... and familiar.

He checked her firm's advertising on the website. Emily Johnson Cartwright called herself a capable defense attorney with knowledge and passion to defend people's freedom, future, and other human rights. The website said she knew the system on both sides, and had successfully defended thousands of people accused of crimes ranging from sexual assault to murder, drug offenses, prostitution, and more. She had been a defense attorney since 2009. Client reviews backed up the professed quality of her skills. She worked in every county adjoining the Houston metropolis. Her resume said she had once prosecuted offenders for similar crimes in Travis County, the Austin area. Hmm, Doug thought, that's my old employer from my Deputy days. I was a cop before I got into my current industry, had to get out because of the stress. Wow. He looked at the picture again.

"This could be the Emily I knew, Boris."

"Yeah. On top of this application, we have a reservation for her at our hotel for a three day stay starting tomorrow. The application date was two days ago. Usually, we ask for a week to review Nobles applicants, but if someone tries to get into the Game early... when's your next theme event, Doug?"

"Day after tomorrow night. You think her husband might have told her about it? Is he coming with her?"

"We have no reservation for him, so I'm guessing no. But if an unapproved applicant shows up at a theme event..."

"The usual procedure is to give her code name and ask for a guide. You want me to be that guide."

"Yeah. Who better, if it's the Emily Johnson you knew? She might remember you, like you do her. Or if she doesn't remember, you're pretty famous, so she may recognize you from that. Same thing applies if it's not who you knew. I figure we notify her of your interest when she checks in, direct her to your lounge, see what happens."

"I see. Give me a bit to think about it. I'll get back to you."

"Thanks."

Doug hung up, then considered the situation. Emily Johnson Cartwright, he mused, separated from her husband per the application and potentially a problem. Could this be bigger than it seems? If she's my old crush, yes. On top of that, she's a lawyer who's worked with sexual assault victims and perps, also criminal prostitutes and drug traffickers- that's not stuff we support, of course- but we do like to keep attorneys who represent such people in our network for obvious reasons. Maybe Boris wants to recruit her. He didn't mention that, though, and we're in Lake Tahoe, not Houston. Therefore, my old crush and her marriage are the only obvious issues. For now, let's presume it's the same girl I knew. Okay.

Doug cast his memory back to when he knew Emily Johnson. The mid-1980s, he recalled. I was in first grade. My parents were going through a divorce process that took several years. Mom and Dad were very bitter, accusing each other of various forms of abuse. Fact on his end, made up legend on hers. She eventually won custody of me and my sister. Our family had lived in Houston since the early 70s. I was just an innocent kid caught in the middle of Mom and Dad's irreconcilable differences. Their relationship had been strong, then turned relentlessly hostile. Given his gambling problems, narcissism, and selfish temper, similar personality flaws on her end that suddenly came into conflict with his once she reached a breaking point... he pushed her there. And I had to deal with it while I grew up. I was in a Montessori private school at the time. Mom didn't trust the public school system with a kid who had been diagnosed with Asperger's syndrome. Dad had the money to keep me in private school, but Mom didn't want me around him. The fact that he didn't appreciate my condition was one of many reasons.

I taught myself to read as a toddler, Doug remembered. I had an interest in fantasy, and difficulty communicating socially. Lots of imaginary friends, a speech impediment, couldn't connect with people. Mom put me with various therapists, but was never satisfied with any of them. Dad meanwhile tried to teach me to write and speak clearly himself, pinched and slapped me hard when I did not comply with his demands. Mom saw this, decided that when coupled with his other issues it was enough to take herself and her kids away from him. I knew she was right to do that.

Dad battled with her for years to keep his money, and try to keep us kids too. Eventually their divorce was finalized. They both later met and married other people. Dad learned from his mistakes, had two other great kids, raised them right. I forgave him for his abuse before he moved himself out of my life voluntarily. I don't need to contact him these days. Mom fell in love with an Italian diplomat she met on an airport bus and married him. We moved around a lot- Santa Fe, Italy, Taiwan. I developed a lot of friendships around the world. It fostered a libertine personality in me that accepted different backgrounds and cultures. Emily was one of many female friends I remember fondly from various grade schools. I attended eight different ones, all told, counting the summer camp. Eventually, I grew up, graduated college, did time as a cop, then entered the adult entertainment world.

He checked the picture of Emily again. The look in her blue eyes... Doug recalled his best way to check someone out quickly. He picked up his phone again and called Silvan Farrow, a director of the secret society that supported the Garin-Ruiz resort among many other things. That society was a worldwide network of charity similar to the Masons known as the Friendship.

"Yes, she's in our ranks," Silvan told Doug after he explained the situation. "Initiated in college by your wife, actually, though I don't think they've contacted each other in a long time. Lisa was a Hays County Victim Services intern in the late 90s, that was how they met. Emily has a Lawful Good alignment. Her character file contains nothing but honorable deeds. And as I already told Boris, she is the woman you once knew."

"Thank you. If I need more information, I'll call you back." Doug hung up. The mention of his wife concerned him suddenly. No, Silvan had said Lisa hadn't spoken with Emily in a long time and Lisa had never told him she knew anyone who resembled his old friend Emily Johnson. This probably wasn't one of Lisa's tests.

He looked at the Nobles application again. It asked if the applicant was familiar with ethical non-monogamy. Emily said yes. Her sexual orientation was straight. Silvan had said her character was honorable, Doug reminded himself. That's good. Boris, Silvan and I are high-ranking in the Friendship. Our Society has its own unique morality, it's hard to explain sometimes. People say we run the world, but that's not true. We merely try to preserve the free exchange of knowledge and pleasure while the world manages itself. Yeah, we have members in Hollywood, world governments, business, every field you could name. And we try to cooperate. We don't always, though. Still, it calms me to know my first crush is one of us. Most of the women I've lusted after are.

Maybe she swings with another network besides the Nobles, he thought. No, the application asked that and she had checked the No box. He thought again about her work history. Doug hadn't known Emily during his time with Travis County, but he still had a few contacts there. Sonya Lakestrider, his training officer as a Deputy, now a Captain, and some others. No one in the Prosecutors' Office, since County Investigator Del Dawson had quit for private practice, but he had quit after Emily left, so maybe... Doug drafted an inquiry email to his contacts and sent it off. He then thought about Emily some more while looking at her picture.

If he could trust Silvan, the most knowledgeable being he knew, it was her. The girl he knew had grown up, just as he had. And she was still beautiful, though her chosen profession was a surprise to him.

Or maybe not, Doug considered. Emily and I bonded over an interest in superheroes. We used to role-play She-Ra and He-Man cartoons, also the Marvel cartoon series "Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends". She was Firestar, I was Spider-Man or Iceman depending on the day. Another kid named Robert played the third role of our trio, I don't recall his last name. I remember Emily more. She didn't want to associate herself directly with Firestar, called herself "Fire Woman" instead. I had a kid's crush on her, always told Mom I'd marry her when we grew up, before we moved away. I sometimes joked about the same thing with Emily. She wasn't the only girl at the school, but she was the only one with whom I remember having significant interaction. I hated it when Mom took our family away from her. But Mom wanted to get us far from Dad, she saw business opportunities in Santa Fe, my stepdad was a professor at a university there between diplomatic assignments... he shook his head to clear it of irrelevant matters.

Defense attorneys could be heroic under the right circumstances- every law enforcement officer should recognize that. Maybe Emily had gotten disillusioned by the system. It didn't matter- he didn't want to think of her in a negative way.

I heard this song called "Fire Woman" a few years after I moved away from Houston, Doug reminded himself. It was by a British rock band called The Cult, and became a big hit for them. It was about a woman who inspired passion and desire. I always wondered if it was about the Fire Woman I knew, my first crush. But that wasn't possible- different country, time gap, no way the band could have known Emily. But the concept behind the song was similar to the way I felt about her.

Now, through serendipity... Emily was potentially back in his life. He shook his head again.

I'm famous, he thought, but I go by a different name now than I did back then. I'm older too. And she may not have a memory as good as mine. And on top of that, she appears new to the swinger's lifestyle while I'm a longtime participant. And I just got married for the second time last month. I haven't even been on my honeymoon yet.