First Fantasy - Straight 4 Straight

Story Info
Predictions of a Nearby Future: An Essay.
2.5k words
1.5
1k
0
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I feel like the future is close by. The forces compelling it are all around us and have been with us for some time. Man as an identity is under assault, and will evolve to compensate. You might not like it, but he may have no other short-term option. It is simply reactive, in the face of an opposing force. So have no doubt that his biological programming and his societal conditioning will have to be usurped. And this is why.

What I am about to say, many on both sides of the gender divide will find controversial, even insulting to their schema of the world. Yet it needs to be said. There is a collective unconscious, a suspicion, in our world now that something is wrong. And someone just needs to say what the solution is, how we will move forward from here. The mere fact that you recognize my statement that there is a 'gender divide' is key to the argument.

These thoughts offered are both a harshly won lesson of bitter experience as well as a distillation of current radical thought on inter-gender dynamics. But they go further, in presenting an option for the future. You may see this as dysfunctional to the species as it exists now, yet in the contemporary environment it may be the only viable option available to most males. It is one option, and merely an opinion, but I think it is worth presenting and worthwhile exploring - if not at least discussing.

I am speaking primarily to men here, as I am one myself. I do not know what women will do. All I know is what we might, perhaps must, do to survive - mentally, emotionally, and indeed financially.

As men we are the creators and the builders. It is natural. We are made to provision and protect and secure. Sometime way back when, whether it be at the dawn of religion or collective civilization or both, some group in power understood this. So to take us from our tribal competitive fractious state, and bind together a new vision for a 'social order', it must have been decided to harness and coerce these masculine traits into wilful compliance.

Fast forward several thousand years, and classic literature and poetry has filled our historical mythologies with tales to define the epitomy of a man. He sacrifices, he gives his all - and his everything - and he always places himself second. It is beyond question that he must elevate those on the other side of the gender barrier, and it is seen as righteous to do so. Concepts such as chivalry as deference to the feminine archetype are the default operandi. While women can just be, men must always do.

Yet, obliviously, young boys grow into young men - filled with the romances. Speed up the historical tape to the middle of the last century, and social graces and fixed customs proscribe an idealized culture where men are the strength upon which society rests. Whirl the tape faster - and 'Disneyfication', movies, and the lyrics of modern music permeate the popular culture with a magnification of the classics and the myths. Men are willing accomplices, bent on doing anything to get - and keep - a woman.

It works for a little while, at least hidden behind the closed doors of suburbia in my father's day. I subscribe to 'The Matrix' as well. In my sweet and naive youth, my all-time favorite rock star icon tells me what I must do, and how I must struggle, to 'find love'. So I follow that path.

Fast-forward once more, to the beginning of this century - and unwittingly - 'The Great Unravelling' has begun. We are wrong. Everything that we are, everything that we do, all we stand for, is wrong. It must be undone, wound back, feminized. It had begun with a 'sexual revolution', a 'liberation', but now proceeds to it's ending with an accusation. Within twenty years everything is divided, and everyone is scorned. All of our masculine icons must be unwritten - film characters burned like a pile of books, social commenters erased from read and heard existence, dissenters ostracized. Every esteemed prophet authors' dystopian future imagined, come true all together. To misquote a popular 'South Park' character: "Men are baaad."

No wonder the confusion now of the youth, and the despair of the old. Males have nowhere to go. If he decides he wants out from the existing deal, then society has him so wrapped up in the feminine contract that it almost destroys him. If he decides, naively, that he must get love, then technology swipes his aspiration right out of the phone. Young, or older but bitterly wiser, he's trapped. It is therefore no surprise that depression and despair, and worse, are the bane of males of any age.

So no end of online information and discussion on what males can do to cope with this. And no end of men either completely excluded from a dating prospect - ever - or, at other end of the experience spectrum, no end of men disillusioned and checked out after a breakup.

You can go look it up. My job is not to provide you with the details. The information is readily and broadly out there - as the one 'good side' of the communication technology sword conveniently offers. The statistics are also staggering. But to summarize - "it's a bad deal." Everything you want and desire and expect from the other gender is. And it will be your undoing. There will be blood - yours - and tears. Many, many oceans of tears. Take it from me. But ask any mature man. Happiness is rare, and even the rarity may be just a projection, or even a facade! Just wait three to five years, and check back with them later.

If you're a young man you may not yet have the facility to contemplate all of this. If you're an older man you're already asking me why I didn't tell you earlier. As am I, gentleman, of my peers. But again, there is information now, a 'new revolution', an 'awakening' of the male consciousness. It's disparaged to be sure, something is 'not right' with you if you dare to question the established order. But be aware, in this lifetime as it goes, most men statistically will never achieve their 'heart's desire'... whatever that is.

Of course there are 'groups' - that one can 'subscribe' to - or more likely to be externally delegated as a part of, whether you like it or not. But all in some way involve yet another delusion that you must willingly fall prey to, in the hope that this will be the thing that works for you. Whether it be training to be a 'pick up artist', acquiescing to the acceptance that you will never get laid, turning into a bitter hater for life, building yourself 'a better you', or simply making that lone pilgrimage to 'the mountain' in being 'just you'... something inevitably will still feel missing.

Possibly the only category that escapes this partially would be those of us who commit to amassing our own money - exclusively - for ourselves. At least in this last case our destinies will be uncontrolled, and our own. But still, with that 'something missing'.

What is that? I can't speak now as a representative ambassador for the young, because I was once one, and the prerogative then was a duality. It was both the biological and the conditional. I can only hope they get past what I did, but much earlier. Go get hurt by love. And hopefully don't have to deal with the trauma of losing a kid - because you had to have one. But I hope as a young male in today's environment you will at least listen and consider - after you have made all us older guy's mistakes.

So I speak to the listeners, and the experienced taught harshly. Firstly, 'the deal' is wrong - and 'the contract' grossly unfair. We are rational, but when it comes to the social order we irrationally sign on the dotted line. If we find out - eventually - that love wasn't what it was cracked up to be, then it is at least possible to purge that socially-conditioned thirst. Bitter-tasting medicine has that effect. If we have had a kid, and that urge is over, or in some way we are ok with never having one - then that only takes care of part of the biological programming. What's left?

Sex! Now here's the kicker. If you've been 'red-pilled' as they say - and that only is come to mostly after a harsh lesson - then again, as they say, after a time 'the shine' goes off women. If you've truly been through the mill, lifted the veil on 'the code' as it were then you can never see them the same way again. That's not to say that you shouldn't show respect for women in society, for other people, but it just means that emotionally you can't engage with them in 'that way' any more. The pedestal is gone. All the literature and poems and songs can not put Neo back in the emotional matrix again.

So what to do? Here comes the more radical idea, and my original proposition - an alternate gender identity for 'enlightened' males. Not a physical change, not an emotional change, and not even a conventional identity such as gay or bi, but more of a mental construct. I could have written this as the central theme in a science fiction story - and I may yet do that - but I thought better as to offer the idea in bare bones form here first.

It comes of course as no surprise to me in my own mental evolution, as it may appear to some of you in some of the stories I have written on here already. It derives only from the part of biological programming remaining that still must be satisfied. Lust, and to a complementary extent, intimacy.

I see a society already where many, perhaps the majority of men, have realized that their biological urges are held hostage and raped by marriage law, family court, online 'dating', technological censorship, and contemporary dumbed-down tribalistic low-brow culture. All for the sake of 'the prize' of a man's resources. And with him previously being blissfully unaware that his compliance, his efforts of work, were all the time contributed into the machine of economic slavery via this mechanism called 'love'. But he is awake to that now, the 'sleeping giant' aware. There's just one more step to take.

A man desires sex. A man craves intimacy. But there is no rule, only those social and implicitly biological, that says these must be gained only from the opposite gender. I say also, emphatically, that there is no rule - except those constructed of shame in social convention - that says satisfying these needs with another male in some way threatens or indeed diminishes his masculinity! Just as there should not be any rule that automatically categorizes such a man into the gay or bi or whatever category. In no way disrespecting to the people that are already proudly who they are, but my idea is something separate again.

A male who likes women, wants women, but has come to see the shine go off women, may resort - indeed, in time - want to satisfy his needs with another like-minded male. He may see himself as archetypically masculine, make his money for himself, build and create as before - but for himself. And he may equally wish that he could be with a women, but in turn feel he could still satiate much of his desire with another male... without relinquishing his sense of primary identity.

And in this time of great risk to hurt and injury for a man, when 'the only way to win is not to play the game', then why not decide to play an entirely new game instead? Until society evolves once more, for a substantial period there may not be another option. There was a sexual revolution and a liberation and a female 'pill'. But there was never a 'male pill'. Ask yourself that. Why? There is only male disenfranchisement, reduction, sublimation. So this could be our option.

In my stories on here, I see myself further along in my own evolution. Although I've never acted it out in actuality, I feel I'm nearly there - and note many readers have interest. The cock is certainly a phallic image that internalizes sex, and is central to some of my ideas and stories on here. Have you ever considered that a clitoris resembles a little cock? What could be nicer than something much bigger, which fills your mouth completely, and pulses out a surprising reward?

Have you wondered if the shock and thrill of cum spurting into your throat, and the throb of a hot penis wanting to ejaculate, could in fact be the end part of the eroticism of actually giving intense pleasure to another male body? Have you even gone further in imagining that the glazed eyes of your male partner show only desire for what only you can give him? Have you perhaps even thought that, given time, you might progress to a kiss or a caress to enhance intimacy - just as you had once felt for a female lover?

Had you considered what it would be like if another male truly lusted after your body, as you did for him... without the accompanying social 'costs'? The Romans did. You don't have to fall in love, you don't have to have another guy fall in love with you. And you don't have to lose your shirt - and your sanity! With 'Straight 4 Straight' it's understood. You might even have close conversations about private and previously guilty thoughts, all unjudged and accepted. Who knows. In any case it all leads to just crazy sex, hot intimacy, and no damage to who you still truly are.

In today's world, until something better - a truly equitable social revolution comes along - what else can a man do? I actually envisage this for one possible future norm for many discarded straight males of various 'groups'. It's a huge 'dating pool', with plenty of possibilities. Bring on that option! What do you think? In the meantime, enjoy my existing stories, and I promise you there's more to come in varying genres. Thank you all for reading - and, thinking.

For the sake of expediency, I have done what I call 'speed-written' this essay, as my time is always short. Although the basic evidences could have been more wholly fleshed, and indeed easily cited and supported, I have decided to provide the substantive thrust of my argument as 'summary opinion'. You may take it for what it is, but be assured - this is all based on long and deep information assimilation and introspective thought. In any event, feel free to comment if you may wish or are permitted. I would sincerely like to know how far along we all are on where I think we as men may be going in the future. Good luck out there gentlemen!