First Immortals Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
bb1212
bb1212
868 Followers

"Wow."

"But apart from that, I'm almost all yours..." She giggled again.

"I don't want to tie you down," she said thoughtfully, "and I don't want you to tie me down either. I will have to go home and see my parents for the first month or so, but then I'll come back to you for at least a couple of nights a week." She squeezed my shrunken cock with her pussy. "I've missed this thing far too much since we've been here and I don't want to have to do without it again."

"I'm sure we can come to some arrangement," I said and my cock pulsed.

"Oh, no you don't," Keisha said and she wriggled off me and smiled. "As much as I'd like to go again, I think that any more of this immersion and I'll end up looking like a prune." She swam toward the shore and I grinned and followed her.

We had a hard time getting all the people off the island. There was a group of eight women who had got used to the lifestyle and just wanted to stay. After a fairly passionate discussion I was able to convince them to at least go to the hospital for a health check, but Rickson and I both had to promise to let them come back after that if they still wanted to. That part of the negotiation turned out to be very simple in the long run. The island was eventually offered to us at a very low cost and the entire Mayflower crew bought it, and set it up as a luxury holiday destination. We had it only available to the crew of the Mayflower and their chosen partner. This was eventually extended to children, and then children's children etc. We still have that island today and I find it to be a very relaxing place to visit, even if I do seem to create awe with the other inhabitants who only know about the Mayflower voyage from researching historical footage.

We had a full crew meeting that evening, and it was initially attended by everyone. That is the entire surviving Mayflower crew, Rickson and his entourage, the medical staff, Androger with his camera crew and me. After we had been through what had happened, and what had been promised to fix it I had a private meeting with the crew, and I told them the basic outline of what I had in mind. What I was asking for was time, I needed to put my plan into action and to do that I didn't need the distraction of everybody trying to seek justice in their own way. Fortunately I had the support of the three other crew members who had met the Eriguons. They knew just how serious the situation was, so between us we were able to convince the rest of them to give me the time I needed.

The next two weeks were an absolute whirlwind. I appeared with Rickson on Androger's show, and he reiterated his commitment to the removal of energy weapons. D-day for this, and the other private promises, was a further week away at the next assembly of the World Council of Nations. I spent a lot of time video conferencing Australia, but I didn't get there, there was too much to do. I had some private meetings with people I trusted, and some that I hoped I could trust. Infannzin was first, and she told me the hidden background about when the military was disbanded. It was dynamite information, but totally without any evidence. I convinced Rickson to lend me three of his top researchers without knowing what I would have them looking for, and Androger did the same with the promise of another exclusive if my plan worked. I picked out the brightest scientists I could find from the Mayflower crew, and got some of them working on my private project, some on a detection system for the energy weapons and some on developing new weapons that would hopefully give us some chance to defend ourselves when the YW's attacked. I had meetings with Terek, Saunders and Scarlet and, as promised, Rickson arranged for all of them to get promotions. They also helped me out where they could.

We had an apartment block allocated to the Mayflower survivors by the authorities for six months, and many of us stayed there from the start. Those that wanted to go back to the island did so after the formalities were completed, and a lot went to wherever home was to re-connect with family and friends.

The sudden turnaround in the attitude toward the Mayflower mission and crew from the authorities was surprising, even though it was pretty much the only option available, considering the massive exposure that Androger had given us and the huge public outcry that followed it. Publicly we were hailed as heroes who had been very badly mistreated, and we were given every possible accolade. Two days after the main group had departed from the island there was a civic reception for us in Hvaast Square, beside the skeleton of the Mayflower, and after that we went our separate ways. The reception was the last time that all of the Mayflower survivors were together, and there were quite a few of them that I never saw again. Because we had all been living that closely together for so many years it wasn't surprising that some of us needed to get away.

A lot of the survivors were badly damaged by the voyage, either physically or emotionally. It did prey on my conscience for a long time that just ten years after our return Hugh, Neil and I were the only remaining male survivors. That exit from YW 4597 had really knocked the guys around badly, but I eventually came to the conclusion that without doing that they would have died there very quickly, so most at least got to make it home and say their goodbyes.

Our island was divided into two sections by an unspoken agreement, and fourteen of the crew who returned lived on their side as recluses. Those of us who used the island as a holiday destination left them alone and if they wanted to socialise they would approach us. They were all women, and when I was there some of them would initiate sex both for the physical pleasure and also for the therapeutic effect.

Bira, Sandy, Tish and Tash were all survivors, and they had been living together as a foursome on the island. They initially moved into two adjoining apartments and Bira and Sandy continued their all girl sexual lifestyle for a while. They were pretty much a couple, but they would sometimes add Tish and Tash to their lovemaking for a bit of variety.

Tish and Tash on the other hand were keen to return to heterosexual sex, and they double teamed me quite a few times in that first couple of months before they found themselves some new boyfriends who didn't mind that sometimes they weren't available due to their lesbian roles with Bira and Sandy. The boys tried a few times to join them, but it never happened.

I was due to face the assembly of the World Council of Nations, and it quickly became apparent to both Rickson and me that there was going to be some strong opposition to pretty much everything that we had agreed on. These were the most powerful people in the world, and they did not take kindly to being forced into anything.

So a few days before it started I strongly suspected that the result would depend on my plan B, and I crammed in as much preparation as I could.

An assembly is not open to the public, and is not recorded in any manner, with the exception of the official assembly secretary who takes the minutes and then locks them in a vault in case there is ever a dispute of what has been resolved. The members of the assembly are very clever people, and they have trained their memories to such an extent that disputes happen less than once a year.

A visitor to the assembly is rare, and these are mainly expert scientists, senior security staff, or 'right place, right time' witnesses to a particular occurrence. I was classified as the last of those. A visitor is only there when business directly affecting their knowledge is being discussed, and they are given only very limited opportunity to speak freely. Other than that they must remain silent unless they are asked a question.

Because Rickson was President he should have been our main hope. He had introduced my demands as proposals to be voted on, and when they were ready to discuss them I was escorted in by two of the assembly security guards. The assembly chamber and meeting rooms are all housed within an artificial data black spot, so communicators do not work, but even so mine was taken before we entered. They even wanted to take my pen, but I demonstrated exactly what it was and I was permitted to keep it.

Back then there were one hundred and forty seven members of the assembly, and all but two were present when I came in. The chamber is circular, and is set up as an amphitheatre with rows of desks rising up in layers around a small flat circular area. At one end there is the entrance tunnel, and I was led through this and taken up some steps to the visitor's pen, which was directly above the entrance tunnel. Opposite me, and right at the top Rickson sat alone behind his desk in a noticeably larger area than anyone else had. Below him were the three Marshalls, who were responsible for ensuring that the rules of the assembly were obeyed. All of the assembly members sat at the desks, and each of them had a three digit number in front of them. Within the assembly they only used the numbers, not names, to refer to each other and themselves.

I was introduced to the assembly by one of the Marshalls as 'Mr Josh Scabbard, the person who was in charge of the Mayflower when it returned to Earth'. No title of rank, and not even a vague attempt to show any respect. It seemed to me that the massive roar of public opinion hadn't quite been heard in this closed chamber.

"We are here," Member 239, who was one of the Marshalls, announced, "to consider proposals alpha 72 through to alpha 77, all introduced by Member 43 and relating to the voyage of the Mayflower and to her crew." Rickson had the number 43 on his desk. I was interested to see that when the Marshall spoke his number illuminated. I thought that was a very good way of seeing who was talking when there was such a large group. I found out later that only one person could speak at a time and each desk, including mine, had a blue and a red light with a touch panel below. If the red light was on someone else was talking and your microphone was off. If the blue light was on and you touched the panel the light would turn green and you could talk. Because I was in the visitor's pen my light was red all the time except for my two chances to talk and when I was answering questions.

"Proposal Alpha 72 is to grant the entire crew of the Mayflower, including Mr Scabbard, immunity from any prosecutions resulting from their expedition," the Marshall said, and there was a low murmur of dissent from the assembly. I was surprised, I hadn't asked for that one because I hadn't considered it to be even remotely necessary.

"Proposal Alpha 73 is to double the current pay claims of the Mayflower crew that refer to their pre-trip documents," the Marshall said, and there was another low murmur. This was not looking good.

"Proposal Alpha 74 extends the claims of proposal Alpha 73 to all of the deceased crew members of the Mayflower crew." This created a roll of indignant muttering.

"Proposal Alpha 75 calls for a minimum of three assembly members, including Member 301, to be charged with treason and other offences as a consequence of the handling of the return of the Mayflower," the Marshall continued and the room was filled with howls of outrage.

"Restraint please Members," one of the other Marshalls, Member 51, said, "there will be ample opportunity to voice your opinion when these proposals are discussed." Even with this it still took another minute or so for the noise to abate enough for the reading of the proposals to continue.

"Proposal Alpha 76 is for the reinstatement of the Inter Galactic Navy under the command of Mr Scabbard," the first Marshall finally said, and this time there was derisive laughter which again took some time to die down.

"And finally proposal Alpha 77 is the re-introduction of the previous proposal Gamma 98 to ban and destroy all 'energy weapons' that is those weapons that use a pro-inverter reactor to provide their power. Proposal Gamma 98 was defeated with 128 votes against and 15 votes for."

I could see the massive negative reaction toward these proposals, and how it was almost entirely directed towards Rickson. Reluctantly I acknowledged to myself that he had probably committed political suicide just by keeping his word to me.

"Member 43, please state your case for these proposals," Member 164, the final Marshall said, and all eyes turned to Rickson as he stood up.

"Assembly members and visitor," he said, "we have been caught doing something that is underhanded, dishonest and illegal." There was angry muttering again.

"More importantly than that, we have to make an extremely hard decision today. But that decision is our only chance of avoiding the complete eradication of humanity." He looked around, challenging all of the members who would meet his gaze.

"There are four people in this chamber today who were there when we received the warning from the Eriguons, and if we continue to ignore it they will wipe us out. Proposal Alpha 77 is the most critical one here, the others rely on us all to look into our consciences and to do what is right, but that one requires us to make a decision that will decide if we survive or not." He slowly scanned the entire area.

"It is now up to you." Rickson sat down.

"Mr Scabbard," Member 164 said quickly, "you have a maximum of two minutes to address this assembly and state your case. When that is done you are not to speak unless you are answering a question. You will have another two minutes to sum up before we ratify the votes, do you understand?" My light went green.

"I do," I affirmed. He nodded and my light stayed green. I stood.

"Members of the Assembly," I said, "I thank you for this opportunity." I looked around the assembly slowly. Although I was limited in time I didn't want to appear to be rushed.

"On the eighth of August 2065 the Mayflower left Earth with a compliment of two hundred and seventy six people on board. Our mission was to investigate a very faint signal from the planet YW4597. In a trip totally unprecedented in human history we reached the planet, we were captured by aliens, and the men were taken to the planet as slaves. We lost eighty six good men there, but even when it seemed that all was lost we managed to escape, to severely maim our enemy, and to return home." I paused and looked around. Some of the members were watching me but others were studiously looking in the other direction, feigning boredom. I had expected that, and I didn't let it put me off.

"On the seventeenth of February 2077 the Mayflower returned to Earth, but instead of being hailed as the heroes they were, the crew were marooned on deserted island and left to die." I looked around again.

"Thirty seven good and loyal people survived the trip and survived the aliens only to die on that island because of a political decision made by this assembly." There was a rumble of anger at this.

"You are the only ones who can set this wrong right, and you can do it by passing all of the proposals." Not many were returning my stare now.

"Member 43 is also correct in regards to proposal Alpha 77. I was at the meeting, and I know that he Eriguons have the both power and the intent. If we do not destroy our energy weapons voluntarily then they will destroy us." I looked around again, and when I met Rickson's eyes across the chamber he nodded slightly.

"Thank you," I said, and I sat down.

From the moment the discussion started I knew that none of the proposals would be passed, and I deliberately took my pen and paper out and started to make notes. I got a lot of shocked looks, because record taking in the assembly was very strictly prohibited. But then three members started whispering together and then they whispered to those around them. I watched as a message was passed all the way around the assembly and I wasn't challenged. I kept my smile from showing. They had decided to keep that one in reserve.

I wrote down the three members' numbers, 11, 142 and 97, and below them I wrote down 301 and put a tick next to it. The Deputy Vice Minister for Compliance had already made it to my confirmed list.

"Proposal Alpha 72 is to grant the entire crew of the Mayflower, including Mr Scabbard, immunity from any prosecutions resulting from their expedition." Marshall 239 said, "Discuss now." I saw the three ringleaders whispering together again as the first comments were made.

"We did treat the Mayflower crew er... a little bit shabbily," Member 55 said.

"I can't see anything that they would need to be prosecuted for," Member 103 agreed.

"Maybe they really are heroes after all?" Member 85 suggested. There was a general mumble of approval, but I saw the three ringleaders each talking to someone beside them. The first one spoke.

"Why should anybody be immune from prosecution?" Member 75 asked, and I nodded. I could already see how this was done, I wrote 75 on my list.

"They must be hiding something," Member 227 asserted.

"If we on the assembly are not immune to prosecution why should anybody be?" asked Member 18.

"I would like to ask the visitor a question," Member 75 said.

"Proceed," Member 51 replied.

"Mr Scabbard, what laws have you broken that make you need this ridiculous protection?"

"None," I replied firmly, and he smiled.

"Didn't you disobey a direct order when you arrived back on Earth?" he asked maliciously.

"That wasn't..." my light went red and the rest of my sentence was not heard.

"If the visitor is asked a closed question he must reply either 'yes' or 'no' without embellishment," Member 239 said, "now please answer the question." My light went green. I thought about it and technically I had disobeyed a direct order, even if that order was unlawful.

"Yes," I replied, and I made a note.

There was a bit more discussion and the vote was taken. The proposal was defeated 136 to 9. This was not good, although all the votes needed to be ratified after Rickson and I had made our final submissions for them to be binding.

"Proposal Alpha 73 is to double the current pay claims of the Mayflower crew as detailed in their pre-trip documents," Member 51 announced, "Discuss now."

I saw that the process they were going through was the same. A few members spoke up with lukewarm support agreeing that the crew had been badly treated and they deserved something extra, and while this was happening the three ringleaders whispered and then passed their messages on.

"Most of this voyage was spent just riding through space; they are paid too generously already."

"Is this just greedy people who are using the media and uneducated people to try and force the assembly to do what they want?"

"These were military agreements, and they were all terminated when the military was disbanded."

Then there was the inflammatory question to me.

"Do you honestly think you deserve to earn more this year than any of the hardworking politicians in this chamber?"

"Yes," I replied, putting more of them offside, and I made another note.

Proposal defeated 138 to 7.

"Proposal Alpha 74 extends the claims of proposal Alpha 73 to all of the deceased crew members of the Mayflower crew. As proposal Alpha 73 was defeated we will not require a vote on this proposal."

"Proposal Alpha 75 calls for three or more assembly members, including Member 301, to be charged with treason and other offences as a consequence of the handling of the return of the Mayflower. Discuss now."

"Why are discussing something that is just a personal attack on a respected member of this assembly?"

"It is up to the judiciary to lay charges against any person."

"An assembly member cannot be charged with treason unless they have betrayed their country, and none of us can be accused of that."

bb1212
bb1212
868 Followers