Flapper Dick Ch. 14

Story Info
Men, women, and two investigations.
30.8k words
5
4.2k
2

Part 14 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 05/07/2016
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I had been planning on ending this at thirteen, you know just say she died in childbirth or something. Except I couldn't do that, so many were saying that I had to keep going on this.

In fact one of those is right... OH MY GOD, LOOK OUT BEHIND YOU. So I didn't get you to look, at least that is the lie that I will believe, and likely best to never admit to looking. I mean it's kinda obvious that there wasn't anyone behind you, unless you are reading this in the library.

Granted if you are reading this in the library do tell Ms. Stankowich that this is not a sex story. Of course there is some but never admit that to the librarian, they grab a chair and read it with you and there's no playing when that happens.

Do not look at me like that, it was a long time ago before I had access to a computer. Which has no bearing on the when of this story so do stop making that face. I mean we talked about this, that is not a good face, definitely won't get sex or kisses with that face.

There is mention of fourth of July, you know Independence Day. Oh good grief, the fireworks day. There is the remains of a parade talked about and then fireworks. Which yes did happen way back in 1926 Chicago. Fireworks have been known about since the sixteen hundreds, perhaps seventeen hundreds.

Which means there was firework displays, these are not something come up with in the eighties. Ask your grandparents, I mean come on. Parades are older than that, there is comment on parades of the returning conquering armies in ancient Rome and Greece.

**

Sort of wake to a squalling baby being handed to me by a nurse. I say sort of wake because I'm pretty sure I was at least partly awake already. The nurses are always whistling or singing softly in my room. They say so my daughter gets used to and wants others around her. I think it's more along the line of they want to drive me to jump out the window.

Not that they are always in my room, they have rounds which means I see a nurse about once an hour. Last week I had asked how they stand to keep whistling and singing. Earned me a big smile and shrug, she doesn't know. Last time I saw a doctor I had asked if they add opium or something to the nurses food, he had chuckled at that.

Also very glad I am not a shy skirt, seems like the entire nurses staff has come in and wanted to see me shaved. Not to mention breast feeding means I am showing my bubs to the room, at least one anyway. Really the only thing getting me through this is simply, I go home tomorrow. Finally get to go home and not have singing or whistling nurses.

Even better, no more of Portia and Francis. Both are friends and I like them, but heavens, they are all over each other. The week before I came to hospital to have daughter in hand we had sent them into the sitting room. They had started to get to nookie while eating dinner. Portia did get knocked up, so her parents are happy, his too, but dang, they get in bed together at least daily.

"You are supposed to sing while breast feeding." Roll my eyes getting her to giggle.

"You nurses are always in here singing or whistling during this anyway."

"The theory is that if you sing to your child while breastfeeding they are more outgoing later on." Just stare at her for a moment then I just have to ask.

"A doctor said this or one of you nurses?"

"Neither, this came from an expert. No proof of it working but we are under orders to be happy and sing or whistle."

"Do you go home and sit in your sitting room so happy to not hear a darn thing anymore?" She sighs and looks rather wistful.

"I wish, I was where you are, twice now. The last time was two years ago and they never stop it seems."

"Your fella or the kids?"

"Either and both. Husband at least gives me nookie so I forgive him. I am contemplating getting a diaphragm and teaching him how to insert the thing. He wakes me up with nookie sometimes."

"Long days or in the morning?"

"Morning, our kids are old enough they don't wake up with the sun and he goes fairly early."

"Can't wait for school?" She is nodding and grins.

"I can't wait and Mom can't either, you skipped that question."

"I have a nanny, suppose we have a nanny is better. I like to say Fred can't afford to feed me and a baby, but he actually makes more than I do and I make enough to afford him to not." She is nodding and winks.

"I think half of the nurses are jealous of you having him. More because we mostly only ever see patients and then doctors, most are quite nice to look at, but talking to one." I am nodding since I had one of those doctors talk to me.

"I'd say it's just fellas, but really it seems to be just doctors."

"Not all of them but some seem to think they are God."

"Most like to say they are doing His work, though according to most of the teachings I remember doctors do more to foil Him taking someone back to His fold."

"There are two doctors who like to sermonize on how it is in the teachings that doctors are supposed to doctor. Man is to overcome adversity." I snort since I seem to be done feeding her, so give her a burp swat and get a little burp noise.

"Usually seems to be closer to man is to beg for nookie from us skirts." She is nodding as she helps me get out of bed and get my precious little daughter back into her crib.

"Not my husband, but then if he did I think I would die of laughing."

"So he just has you?"

"Not every time, he does like to wake with just having but he does like to entice me into it too."

"I seem to have found a weird one, Fred always enticed into having me. Nookie showers about half were he fingers me then picks up to fit into."

"I shared the nookie showers story with Mom, she got really jealous since showers are a rather recent thing." I snort and then realize one thing, she seems to not have a dad.

"Your dad has died?" She nods and sighs.

"When my parents were younger older men were normal, I'm talking ten years older and sometimes more. So some grew up to having a mom in her thirties for high school, while Dad is graying if not older."

"Yeah, though I see the thinking, older fellas had plenty of time to stockpile dough so kids are not an instant no dough for anything but food. Besides, your mom can just go to a speakeasy and get nookie anytime she wants. There are usually older fellas asking all skirts." Remember what I was doing so grab my new book, the latest Agatha Christie.

"Mom has gone, she is happy with the wiggling. Confesses the drinks are so much better than when she was younger." I am nodding.

"Way back in eighteen just after the war had ended I sort of got dragged into a bar. Called saloon at the time, and given a celebratory whiskey. Not that bad, but then I got beer and that was."

"Did you get forced?" Shake my head.

"They had just started and I left before it got to the point where them looking at you meant you said yes to nookie. Also had been on a sort of date, not really a date so much as the fella talking nice and wanting to get me to give him nookie. He had just turned eighteen and would have gone to training the day after armistice."

"I got lucky on the war part, had been knocked up when we joined so I was excused, trained as a nurse already. Husband got luckier, he had been too old for the initial recruitment and then stayed ahead of the escalating ages." Get back into bed, mostly because there isn't a chair.

"Speaking of that, war nurses it didn't matter how old you were?" She shakes her head.

"They went to those who were a certain age to a certain age, they started with eighteen to twenty five for us skirts. Anyone else wanting to sign on was allowed. War nurse and then ambulance drivers were both skirts. Not all ambulance drivers but a goodly portion. Driving the ambulance is easy enough an eighty year old could. Enjoy your book, I should move on."

Snort and wave then dive into the book. This time the title is sort of better for a mystery novel. I mean Murder of Roger Ackroyd is hard to mistake for anything but a mystery novel. Did have to ask after the plant Poirot is trying to grow. He is trying to grow squashes, or even a pumpkin. Same type of plant for both.

Course according to his rantings at the plants he is trying to grow squash. Pumpkins don't get long, they just get bigger. Not that the book is about the plant, there is a murder and it is hard to decide who did it. Fred likes to tease me with I try to outsmart the author and figure out who did it. I don't, I just enjoy the stories because they are interesting.

Granted I do get wrong ideas on who did it, but usually that is because the clues given point to the wrong person. Agatha Christie likes to give a lot of evidence pointing to other people. Especially like having this book in here, I managed to ignore two nurses before daughter is hungry again. Mostly because they didn't try and talk to me, and then daughter wasn't hungry again yet.

Easy way to tell, my bubs ache when she wants to eat again. Diaper changes are handled for me mostly, which is lovely. I have done it and definitely understand Fred and not wanting to. I don't really want to either, but then someone has to and Mom is the dependable one. Then she has gotten hungry for lunch time so I am setting the bookmark then climbing out of bed to grab her up.

Back in bed I get to struggle around some to get the bubs in view and finally get her mouth latched on. Which is so much harsher sounding than she is doing. I mean she can barely move yet so mostly I just know she is getting milk out of me. Then a nurse is coming in, with the lunch tray so now I know why I had to get her again.

"Somebody was hungry early."

"It was her idea so blame the right person." We are both giggling, then the tray is getting set above my knees.

"Sorry on the almost delay, had a patient go into labor when I was walking by to get the tray so got dragged into helping until the team showed up."

"That's fine, as of tomorrow I am supposed to be able to do this alone." She snorts with me.

"Nobody ever does. You have plenty of visitors and then parents move in if they are not already."

"Neither one of us has parents alive still, but our neighbors. She wanted a daughter and only had a son. I also have a nanny so I can run away some."

"According to what I was told you have a job so you will run away to do that."

"Yeah but they hired on another dick so I only have to go in on Monday. Get the reports then and most of the calls to pick up a witness are on Monday."

"I don't remember you explaining it, why is Fred still going to be a bimbo?"

"I'm not sure, near as I can figure he sees being a dick in the same light as bull and doesn't want to do that. Just he goes around with me on cases so it's hard to tell." Pause and look up then groan since something rather simple came to me. "Course most likely it is simply he gets paid better. I am getting three sawbucks to be a court appointed dick and go to the offices some days of the week because I said pay me this much or I won't."

"Also the singing waitress, now it is singing waitresses at your speakeasy." Sigh and look up, then work on switching bubs, that one hasn't filled.

"That whole thing is odd, I mean we were called singing waitress, but Portia was hired the same day I was. I only got on stage to sing because the band made me. We always got called singing waitress, even if there was two of us there. Now that I am not there anymore, they are being called singing waitresses."

"Sometimes there is no explaining. Also seems to be time for you to eat lunch."

Not quite though, after burping and seeing my daughter off to her crib then I can eat. Also smile because I got a good one today, egg salad sandwich and a little salad besides. Yesterday had been a roast sandwich and that hadn't been good. The roast had been cooked fully so it was dry and rather bland.

"Feeding me good today since I am going home tomorrow to be a mom doing it alone?" Nurse snorts and shakes her head.

"Roasts are cooked fully like that because we are a hospital, you don't come here to get sick and a roast that is not cooked fully can get you sick. I think it is overcooked too but it is a good fear."

"I've never gotten sick from a properly cooked roast. Suppose it is good I haven't had a steak, I like them pink in the middle."

"I like them less cooked and is why we don't make steaks. Undercooked can mean you get sick, and then steaks fully cooked can be tough to cut. We had served steaks here last decade." I snort since I can imagine, and then steaks are not precisely a cheap piece of meat.

"Is there going to be a party since I am getting out of here, or do you do the party after I have left?" She is giggling pretty good now.

"You are one of the more agreeable new moms. No party, we just like to say goodbye when you are leaving."

Finished with lunch so she collects that and leaves me be. Mostly to take the tray to get cleaned since I'm pretty sure that same plate is used for my dinner. Go back to my novel, and then wonder how skirts do it. I mean minding a baby is easy, it's mostly just waiting for her to get hungry and then feeding her.

Diaper duty isn't nice but more or less same idea, wait for it to be filled then change it. Cleaning the house doesn't take more than the morning to manage. Less if you don't do every single item of cleaning every day. Which means after lunch a skirt is simply sitting at home waiting for something to do, which isn't easy.

Perhaps I am too used to doing things since I have been working since I was fourteen. Just waiting for something feels wrong, even when I was with the tailor. If there wasn't a mending to do and he didn't need me to help on something, I had to do practice sewing. Then there is a change, a nurse comes in though she isn't in the uniform, this is the same nurse I ran into bringing patients in.

"I thought you had the weekend off, and then you are not a maternity nurse." She is grinning and comes over to sit on the bed with me.

"I do have the weekends off, and then you forgot one thing, today is the fourth of July." I snort since there isn't a calender in here.

"No calender in here, and then I haven't gotten a paper today. You know, I'm pretty sure that makes it a full month from letting my little girl out." Abigail is nodding and grins.

"Usually patients are released on Monday or during the week if they get better before the weekend. We do let patients out for special occasions, Independence Day is a special occasion so you should get dressed." Snort and hop up to get to the closet though there is one thing I better ask on.

"Should I wear a brassiere or skip since I am breast feeding?"

"Do you have a regular brassiere or the flapper?"

"Flapper since I came up with it. The one I wear is the first one made, no extra buttons."

"You may want to get a new one, there was expansion." Look down and sigh since she is right, I got bigger bubs.

"I'm unsure on that, Fred had commented on wearing a brassiere that makes your bubs expand would be better." Abigail is giggling and shakes her head.

"I've tried it, not comfortable after a while, and the while seems to vary. The store stopped suggesting it."

"I probably should know that, but I stopped paying attention to things going on there. I only am wanted to design new things and then I don't have to, Kelly and Audrey are good at it." Abigail snorts and waves her hand.

"True, new satin dress design has appeared, came in at the end of June. Also time for you to get in that silk suit."

Snort and get to work on getting dressed. Garter and stockings go on first, then the panties and that feels odd. I haven't worn panties in a while, along with still rather sensitive down there. Not uncomfortable or anything so toss that aside and work on getting into the suit itself. Skirt is a little tight since I am still expanded.

Not happy with that, though the nurses like to say I will work it off taking care of my bundle of joy and cleaning the house. When I mentioned said bundle doesn't move much there was giggling and apparently getting back to before can take a while. Doctor had suggested I take up something athletic like tennis.

Rather good idea, but then I am not sure Fred would play with me. Also not sure it matters, there are parks in Chicago and many have tennis courts so I can just go to the closest. Best part is simply it's not that far from us. Get my silk hat on and feel good to finally be wearing my silk again, missed it since I was too expanded to wear it.

Fred comes in then so I go over and kick him, I haven't seen him in four days. Fred groans then grabs me up and lays in a really good kiss, but I don't buck against him. Nurse watching isn't the problem, I don't want to be touched still.

"Fred I may finally try to suck you but so not doing that again for a while. Doctor said three months, so two more months and I may let you finger me." Fred snorts and shakes his head.

"Liza said three months and gentle nookie." Roll my eyes.

"Fred, listen to the skirt that will give you the nookie." Fred groans and nods then sets me down to go look at our daughter, she had gurgled.

"I thought babies looked like dad." I groan and Abigail is giggling.

"Fred you look like a fella, we have a daughter. We don't want our daughter to look like a fella unless she decides fellas are not good for nookie."

"Haven't you come up with a name?" I groan and Fred is nodding.

"I wanted Elizabeth but she won't go for that. So I went to Melody and she hasn't said anything." I look over at Abigail and she is trying to hold in the giggle so toss my hands.

"You tell him." Abigail does giggle now.

"Melody is a music thing, it's not a name." Fred tosses his hands.

"She has a great voice and I'm pretty sure this one will have the same or better." Frown because he has an odd point, though I am half sure naming her Melody because she may have my voice means she has a horrible singing voice.

"No, we give her a name that says this skirt can sing circles around Louis Armstrong likely means she sounds horrible. I mean, right now she is blonde, but I was too that young. Definitely can't call her blonde since she may not stay that way." Fred opens and closes his mouth then tosses his hands.

"So what do you think we should name her?"

"I don't know, I'm thinking we should give her a short name so there isn't any shortening. I mean Lisa is a good one, or perhaps even Fiona." Abigail snorts and shakes her head.

"Fiona can be shortened to fin, or even fina. So friends get upset with her and she is called one of those two, or just called that because kids like to shorten names. Lisa is the same thing though only one shortening, and then think about yelling out about how she is supposed to come home." Groan because I don't really have anything else.

"What about Brianna?" Fred says and that isn't bad.

"Not a bad one." Abigail is nodding.

"Shortens to Bree, which is a name in it's own right." I am nodding then shrug since there is another.

"Anna or Anne also, which are good names." Abigail nods and grins.

"Collect everything that is yours, and there should be a carry basket around here somewhere. I will go get the certificate, christening on Tuesday?" Fred is nodding.

Abigail exits and I am going through the room to make sure I am grabbing up my books, and magazines. Fred was nice if sparse on coming over, he got me the magazines I like and added in two. Also got me books so I wasn't bored to death in here. Not that I was happy to just sit in this hospital room for a month.

Did help though since I am collecting our daughter, no Brianna, I gotta remember that. I am picking her up the right way and then putting in the carry basket. Mostly that is because Fred had found it for me. He grabs up the suitcase I had just filled with the books and magazines then puts it down since I had shaken my head, waiting on Abigail.

123456...8