Flashover Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sean stepped out into the sunshine and glanced around. The woman was slowly shuffling her way to the street, and Chips was approaching from the other building.

"See anyone?" Sean asked.

"Found a couple of mattresses and a bunch of trash, but no people. Lots of syringes."

Sean jerked his head at the retreating woman. "I found one, along with a few more mattresses. She was mouthy but didn't give me any trouble." He looked back toward the utility building. "Let's go see if Fish needs any help."

They'd almost reached the building when Fish stepped out, wiping at his uniform.

"Nothing in there but dust and spiders," Fish said when he reached them, pulling another long string of spider web off himself.

"I guess we're done here, then," Sean said as he pulled another strand of silk off Fish's shoulder. "I'll let the cleanup crew know they don't have to bother with this building."

The three officers walked back to their cars, Sean adjusting his course to the boom truck as it picked up a washing machine with its claw. The operator placed the appliance in the back of the truck then turned to Sean.

"You don't have to bother with the utility building!" Sean shouted to be heard over the roaring engine of the truck while waving his hand in the general direction of the building. "There's nothing in there except dirt!"

"Okay! I'll let Jack know!"

Sean gave the man a two-finger salute before he turned and walked back to his car, following the path the truck made in the tall weeds. He flopped into his car and started it to get the air conditioning going before he pulled out his phone. He thought about calling, but decided an email would do.

"Mayor Klinger, comma" he said, talking to his phone. "The trash cleanup is underway, period. There was only one homeless person found, period. You may inform Wallace Barns we've cleared the premises, period." He thought a moment then decided that was all he needed to say. He read over the email, smiling to himself as he corrected Mayor Klingon to Mayor Klinger before pressing send.

He tossed his phone into the passenger seat and slipped his car into gear. He normally worked until five, but Maggie got off at three-thirty. Today was her birthday, and he had plans to surprise her. He wanted to get his day wrapped up so he could leave at the same time she did.