Flight to Paradise Ch. 12

Story Info
Meddling parents; misunderstandings; demons released.
9.7k words
4.86
3.3k
2

Part 31 of the 38 part series

Updated 12/03/2023
Created 05/25/2013
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Immersion Playground

Book #3: Flight to Paradise

Chapter 12

Friday morning Mac slowly rises from a deep sleep. Sometime in the night Kate had rolled over and now they're in a loose spooning position with him tucked in close to her back. He takes a deep breath, supremely content. As he lies there, listening to her deep rhythmic breathing, he thinks about how he feels about her. He won't say he's in love with her, not yet, but he can tell he's beginning to fall for her, and he smiles. It has been a very long time since he's felt like this.

He'd been in love once, a long time ago, when he was still in the Army. So in love in fact that he and Sandra had been talking about forever. There'd been no proposal, but they both knew it was only a matter of time. He'd met Lieutenant Sandra Dewitt during a briefing for a mission. She served in signal intelligence and he'd been struck by her intellect, not to mention her good looks. She was no Kate Thompson, but she cut a striking figure in Army green.

Over the next year they'd become close, then lovers, then more than just lovers, their relationship growing until she took him home to meet her family. He was surprised to find out Sandra Dewitt is the youngest daughter of Major General Simon Dewitt. After that meeting, on the plane ride back home, Sandra was nearly giddy with excitement. It seemed that General Dewitt approved of him, a first for any man she'd brought home, and she was thrilled. He wasn't sure what he'd done to impress General Dewitt, but he was glad he had.

Then tragedy struck. The mission in Iran had gone to hell and he lost his leg and his best friend on the same mission. Sandra had come to see him every day in the hospital, but wallowing in self-pity and guilt, he'd lashed out at her, saying terrible things, accusing her of things he knew weren't true. Unwilling to accept her love, he knew it wasn't pity for him that kept her at his side, but he accused her of it just the same, and he'd driven her away. The day she left she looked at him with pity in her eyes for the first time. He watched her leave. She'd paused at the door, as if to give him a final chance to call her back, but he hadn't, feeling unworthy of love or happiness. When the doors to the medical ward closed behind her, he'd cried for the first time, his tears silently rolling down his cheeks.

General Dewitt paid him a visit not long after, and he was prepared for a thorough dressing down for the way he'd treated his daughter. The recrimination never came. General Dewitt talked to him like a father, alone, telling him that Sandra loved him, and would wait for him, but she wouldn't wait forever, and that he needed to make some decisions about his life and the type of man he wanted to be.

He listened to the General's words, but he couldn't get past the guilt he felt for Bull's death, and he hadn't called for her, his self-pity blinding him to what was important. It wasn't until Maria Toro, Bull's wife, came to visit him that he began to turn his life around.

He'd been sitting in his wheelchair, staring out of the window, when he heard her voice. As she walked slowly across the room to him, he couldn't stop the tears. Maria knelt in the floor beside him as they wept, Mac clinging desperately to her, begging her forgiveness for not saving Bull, forgiveness Maria steadfastly refused to give. She withheld her absolution, not to torment him, but to reinforce her statement that he wasn't to blame for Bull's death. She'd spoken to Nickel, Rod, and Goose, and they'd told her the story, how he'd stayed behind, had done everything anyone could ask to try to save Bull.

Maria's visit had started him on the road to emotional healing. He still suffered from deep guilt, but Maria's patient and gentle reassurances helped him heal. Finally, six months after driving Sandra away he called for her, deeply ashamed over his actions. She'd come, but it was too late. She'd met someone else, and while she still cared deeply for him, she wouldn't hurt the man she was with now. He'd pined after Sandra for a time but knew it was his own foolishness that had cost him the woman he loved.

He smiles, returning to the present. He can still remember the feelings he had for Sandra, and how he had closed off that part of himself, bottling up the hurt and frustration at knowing it was his own damn fault that he was hurt. That's also when he made himself the promise to never lash out at another person in anger again. He hadn't made the connection before, but there are lot of similarities between Kate and Sandra. Both are independent, strong, and self-confident women with a keen sense of humor, but where Sandra was more reserved and quiet, Kate is outgoing and boisterous. His smile turns slightly sad, he knows Sandra married a few years back, and he hoped she was happy. He hadn't been invited to the wedding, but he'd sent her a handwritten note wishing her well, a note she returned with a simple thank you and her wishes for the same for him. And maybe, now, he's found that happiness again.

The question he needs to answer about Kate is where are these feeling coming from? Is it simply infatuation and the fact that she can fuck him like no woman ever has, or is it something deeper and more meaningful? He doesn't know, but he's very much looking forward to finding out. He tucks himself in a little tighter to her, slithering his right arm under her so he can wrap her in his embrace.

Kate feels Mac moving as he snuggles in tight, his embrace pulling her to him. As she comes out of sleep, she doesn't move with the exception of a smile playing across her lips, enjoying his embrace, content to lie quietly in his arms. Yes, much more of this is required in the upcoming weeks. Tomorrow morning she and Mac will be flying back to his house where they'll spend the next three weeks.

She's looking forward to the time alone with him, giving her a chance to make some decisions about them and where the relationship is going. She can no longer deny the attraction she feels for him, the warmth and peace that seems to fill her when he's near, but is she ready for more than a purely physical relationship? And just as importantly, is he? She doesn't know, but hopefully by the end of the three weeks, she will.

He senses her waking up as she snuggles into his embrace. She doesn't speak and he doesn't either as they enjoyed the company of the other. They lay together, silent, for another thirty minutes, Mac gently caressing the swell of one of her breasts, each lost in their own thoughts, wondering what the other is thinking but unwilling to ask.

"Kate?"

"Hmmm..." she purrs, her eyes closed, enjoying the soft stroking of his hand.

"We need to get up."

"No, we don't," she replies with a snicker.

"Okay, I need to get up. I have to pee."

"And here I thought that hard-on was for me."

"Let me go pee, then we'll see. How about that?" he asks, kissing her on the shoulder.

"Mmmmm..." she murmurs. "Tempting. But I'm pretty happy just like this."

"Okay. Let me go pee, then I'll come back and hold you some more. How's that sound?"

She heaves a dramatic sigh. "I would say that sounds like a wonderful idea, but now that you have me thinking about it, I have to pee too."

"Me first!" he exclaims throwing the linens back and tumbling out of bed.

She squeals in excitement, throwing herself out of bed and racing him to the bathroom door. He may have had a head-start, but she's closer, just edging him out as she bolts through the door, laughing at him as he does an exaggerated pee-pee dance while she urinates. She gives him a long erotic kiss after she finishes, intent on adding to his discomfort, but Mac seems to have forgotten his need as he returns the kiss.

"I thought you had to pee?" she asks as the kiss dissolves.

"I do, but I needed that more," he says, stepping around her to the toilet.

They squeeze into Kate's small shower where he washes her, starting with her hair and working his way down, Kate shivering and twisting in delight as his soapy hands glide over her body, his washing of her so loving and erotic that she can feel her heart melting just a little bit more.

Stepping from the shower so he can finish, she dries herself then opens his hanging bag, removing his suit and looking it over, and trying to decide what she wants to wear to complement the dark grey. She knew instinctively that he'd be wearing a suit tonight, as this is a business dinner for him, and she wants to dress accordingly. She'd met the Chamfers once before, but she wants to make a good first impression with Mac.

They enjoy a light lunch before Mac apologizes, explaining he has some work he needs to do. Dana had pinged him during his shower, wanting to talk to him about signing a lease agreement on lab space in Texas. One nice thing about Dana, it doesn't matter where the facilities are located, as she can move as freely about the world using the net as he can between the rooms in his own house.

She hides her annoyance but then realizes it's stupid to feel jealous of his work and lets it go. If they're going to have a lasting relationship, she knows he has his career and she has hers. It can't be one long vacation. She can hear him talking to someone named Dana about rental agreements, lab space, and what equipment will be required. She wonders if Dana is a man or a woman, but then decides it doesn't matter. It's clear she has Mac, at least for the moment, and she refuses to get sucked into the role of suspicious and jealous girlfriend.

Conversation over, his attention returns to her. One thing she notices, when he's with her, not working in other words, he's with her, as if she's the single most important thing in the universe. She's had relationships with other men where their attention always seemed divided, but she doesn't feel like that with Mac. When he works, he works, but when he's with her, she has his complete attention.

***

"We need to shower and dress," Kate says as they enter her house. After Mac charged his leg, they'd taken a stroll through her neighborhood, enjoying the nice weather and the company, walking arm in arm along the nature trails of the nearby park.

"It's only three. We don't have to be to the restaurant until five."

"I know, but it's nearly an hour drive to get there. It's over where Charlie and Todd live, not that means anything to you. But it's a long way."

"Oh. What did you say the name of this place is?"

"Charlie called it 'Sal's', but the address she sent me calls it Mangia!. I don't know the actual name. Mangia! I guess."

"And it's a fancy place?"

"Beats me. I've never been there," she replies as she begins to undress. "I'd guess it's not too fancy. Charlie and Todd don't seem to go for that."

"I probably should still wear a suit," he muses.

She grins to herself but says nothing, knowing he would, and she knows exactly what she's going to wear.

She showers first then disappears into the other bedroom to dress while he dresses in her room. He's adjusting his tie, crouching slightly to see in her mirror, when he detects movement out of the corner of his eye. He turns to see Kate standing in the door, and his heart nearly stops. Mac knows he's been with some exceptionally beautiful women, but never has he seen a woman that looks so lovely in red. She's wearing a dress of the richest red, somewhat conservatively cut, the length falling to just above her knees, but the fit is perfect, showing off her beauty without being overly revealing. She's pulled her hair up in a complicated French braid, the style highlighting her long graceful neck. She'd dressed for him when he'd taken her to dinner, but this dress has a classiness that put the other dress to shame.

"What's the matter?" she asks, delighting in his reaction.

"What? Oh! Nothing. It's just that, I knew you were beautiful, but I had no idea," he breathes. "I suddenly feel very underdressed."

She saunters across the room, her hips swaying, her heels putting her eyes just below his. "I don't know, you look pretty good to me," she breathes, playing with the knot on his tie.

He leans into kiss her, but she puts two fingers on his lips, stopping his movement. "Later," she whispers, looking into his eyes. "Right now, I want you to focus on business, then later, on me."

He slowly pulls back, acquiescing to her wishes, wondering how in the hell he's going to be able to focus on anything but her tonight.

***

Sal greets them in his typical manner, hugs for Charlie and Giselle and a firm handshake for Todd and Rick. Friday night is one of Sal's busier nights, but he'd rearranged the smaller of the two rooms that make up his restaurant, crowding the other tables slightly closer together to give a bit more space around the largest table in the room. Charlie smiles at Sal's thoughtfulness as he seats them at the table, announcing that he will wait their table personally, as Charlie knew he would. The four of them have known Salvador Colloni for years, and they return to his restaurant regularly for the great Italian food and his friendly welcoming manner.

"So, do you want to order the wine now, or wait until your guests arrive?" Sal asks in his thick Italian accent, looking at Giselle.

"Anything new on the wine list since our last visit?" Giselle asks with a smile. Sal has one of the best cellars in LA, in her opinion.

"No, nothing new. You haven't suggested anything to add," Sal says with a large smile. Giselle has helped him improve his wine selection over the years, an improvement his customers have noticed, and complimented him on numerous times. "Thanks to you, I was paid a visit by the Times food critic last week."

"Really?" Charlie exclaims. "That's fantastic Sal!"

"Yes, congratulations, Sal," Giselle adds, "Though it was hardly my doing."

"Italian food only comes alive with a good wine," Sal says. "Don't be so modest. I should make you a partner."

"Piffle," Giselle says, but smiles all the same. "You could be serving ditch water and your food would be just as good."

Sal laughs his booming laugh. "Okay, okay," he says making placating gestures with his hands. "So, wine now or later?"

"Let's wait, Sal," Giselle says. "But some breadsticks would be nice."

"As you wish," Sal says. "Two orders of breadsticks, coming right up," he says before hurrying away to the kitchen.

Giselle watches Sal go, but as she turns to face Charlie again, movement at the entrance catches her eye. "Charlie, is that... Kate?"

Charlie twists in her seat to look at the door. "Yep," she says, rising and waving a hand to catch their attention, sitting down again as soon as they start her way.

"I had no idea," Giselle breaths. The last time Giselle saw Kate, Kate was wearing jeans, a USC Trojans sweatshirt, sneakers and a ball cap. Giselle isn't the jealous type but turns to gauge Rick's reaction to the vision of loveliness walking toward them, followed by the biggest man she's ever seen, immaculately turned out in coat and tie. They had dressed up, some, for the meeting, but Mac and Kate put them all to shame.

Rick senses Giselle looking at him, so he turns to look into her eyes. "She cleans up nice," he deadpans, his gaze never leaving Giselle's, until he hears Charlie snicker.

"Yes she does," Charlie says rising as Kate and Mac arrive at the table. "Kate, I believe you know everyone. Mac, this is Rick and Giselle Chamfer," Charlie says, pausing while Mac shakes hands. Rick, Giselle, Bertrand McMillan."

"Nice to finally meet you both," Mac says. "Giselle, you are even more lovely in person," he says quietly.

"Thank you, Mac," Giselle says. It used to embarrass her to meet someone who had experienced their immersion, especially a man, but people have been so unfailingly courteous and complementary that it doesn't bother her as much now.

"Glad to know what... err... you look like," he says with lopsided grin to Rick.

Rick chuckles good naturedly. "Don't worry about it," he says, recognizing how awkward Mac must feel, having made virtual love to Giselle.

"I'm feeling underdressed," Todd says sitting down, rescuing Mac from his embarrassment. "Kate, you look lovely tonight," he adds.

"I thought it better to be a little overdressed," Mac says. "After all, this is a business meeting, but I'm feeling a bit underdressed myself compared to Kate."

As they seat themselves, Mac holding Kate's chair, Sal appears from the kitchen with two wicker baskets of bread in hand. Charlie smiles to herself as she watches Sal's step stutter at the new arrivals at the table. "Welcome to Mangia!," Sal says placing the bread on the table. "Charlie said that there were two more guests joining her, but she failed to mention how lovely the woman or big the man. Charlie, are all your friends so large and so beautiful?" Sal ask before booming into laughter again.

"No Sal, they're not. It just seems that way lately," Charlie says. "Mac, Kate, I suggest you allow Sal to order for you. He prepares some of the best Italian dishes in LA."

"No, no," Sal says waving his hands. "I know what you like, but I only just met..."

"Mac and Kate," Charlie supplies.

"... Mac and Kate," Sal continues. "I don't know what type of dishes they like."

Mac grins, feeling a little overwhelmed, but going with the flow. "Italian food? I like it all. Anything and everything. Do order for me Sal, the specialty of the house."

"If you're sure," Sal says, warming to Mac immediately. Charlie always brings in the most interesting and beautiful people. "Would you like a menu, Kate?" he asks.

"Uh... no. You can order for me as well," Kate says, hoping she doesn't regret the decision, though Charlie's smile reassures her. "But I'm partial to pasta," she adds as an afterthought.

Sal beams. "Okay. But if you don't like it you must tell me. I will make it right and know the next time. It's a matter of pride you see. The normal for the rest of you?" Sal asks.

Everyone nods except Giselle. "Something different for me tonight, Sal. I'm suddenly feeling adventuresome. And you select the wine tonight. Better make it two bottles so there is enough to go around."

"Adventuresome?" Sal says. "I know just the thing then. I will bring out some smoked Mozzarella dip with bread in a moment," he says as he turns to go.

After Sal is out of earshot, Charlie leans toward the new arrivals. "Prepared to be amazed."

"Food's good?" Kate asks.

"Food is superb," Giselle assures her.

"What did Sal mean when he said '... so large and so beautiful ...'?" Kate asks.

"Have you experienced Arena?" Charlie asks.

"No, not yet. But I plan to," Kate says.

"When you do, you'll know. The participants in that immersion, we brought them here for lunch. Remember at lunch when I said you and Mac remind me of them? Obviously Sal thinks so too," Charlie explains.

"Me too," Rick joins in. "Where were you two when Charlie was searching high and low for our stars?"

Mac laughs at the thought of starring in a hedonistic immersion. "Giselle, Kate tells me you are something of a wine expert," he says, changing the subject.

"I wouldn't say that," Giselle says looking down.

"Why do you always say that?" Rick asks Giselle before turning to Mac. "It is almost a certainty that the wine Sal brings out is a wine Giselle selected for his cellar. She may not be famous, but she's very much the wine expert, probably as good as anyone out there."

Mac smiles, watching Giselle's flush with embarrassment, her pale skin turning a bright red, a quality that he finds endearing. "We had dinner at Todd and Charlie's a few weeks ago where she served a couple of very nice wines. I was very impressed with the dessert wine. Did you select those?" he asks.