Flowers for the Dead Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Daphne began to wind her hips gradually faster. Her breath quickened as her movements did. Her heart pounded to the same drumming in her clitoris as it ground against Hades' hips. Daphne looked down at Hades as he watched her. She took in the vein throbbing at his temple, the layer of sweat on his brow and chest. He remained unmoving beneath her, despite the strain. Instead, he watched as she continued to ride him. She reached down and rubbed clit to the tempo of her hips. She threw her head back and cried at as the first orgasm crashed over her. Hades gritted his teeth as her pussy steadily milked his cock. He struggled to keep his own climax at bay. He was determined to last as long as she needed him to. Daphne sank completely onto Hades' length. She moaned as the tip of his cock grazed her cervix. She rocked steadily as another orgasm began to build. Her breaths came in shallow gasps as she rode him faster. Hades watched as Daphne's body began to tremble. She squealed as a second orgasm rippled through her body. She bit her lip as she quaked with the aftershocks.

Daphne balanced herself on the balls of her feet. She lifted and lowered herself onto Hades' length tirelessly as she until she climaxed again and again. Just as she moved to grind her way to another climax, Hades gripped her thigh.

"Darling, I don't know that I can manage to keep from spilling inside you when your quim keeps clutching me like that," he panted, "I want you to have your fill, but I am not sure how much longer I can manage."

Daphne groaned, "You said I could use you..." She continued to rock her hips slowly.

Hades grunted and gripped the sheets to keep from falling over the edge.

"You may continue to use me," he ground out, "but I can't promise it will be for long."

Daphne shivered as Hades' arousal bled into hers. Her mind spun in lustful intoxication. Each time she moved atop him, she felt pleasure twofold. Thoughts of Hades grabbing her hips and thrusting into her with abandon clouded her mind. Were these her musings or his?

She didn't feel like herself. No, she felt bigger than herself. "Fuck me," she breathed.

Hades groaned, "Are you sure, Persephone? I do not want you to—"

"Are you going to make me beg?" she whined.

Hades bent his knees and gripped her hips.

"As much as I would love to hear it, I hardly think that I can wait."

He filled her with his length, relishing the feeling of control. While he loved watching her pleasure herself, there was something about pleasuring her that he craved. Hades began to thrust into her with a steady rhythm. The sounds of their bodies coming together failed to drown out Daphne's cry as Hades stroked her clitoris with his fingertips. She collapsed onto his chest as he continued to stretch her walls with each stroke. Hades wrapped one arm around her as her legs began to tremble. With the other hand, he gripped her ass.

"Is this what you wanted?" he growled into her ear.

Daphne could only gasp in reply as yet another orgasm racked her frame.

"Will I have to repeat myself?" he questioned as he began to increase his pace.

"This is—this is what I wanted," she panted.

"What did you want?" he toyed.

"To fuck me," she moaned as she inhaled shakily, "I wanted you to fuck me."

"Very good," he ground out as he let loose the climax he had been holding in so long. He crushed Daphne to his chest as he filled her with his seed.

Daphne keened as his length pulsed inside of her. The sensation caused her center to clench feverishly. No matter how hard she tried, she couldn't stop her legs from shaking against him. She jerked slightly has Hades withdrew.

Very gently, Hades rolled Daphne onto her back, as she usually slept. He pulled a blanket over them, carefully tucking her in.

"Thank you," she whispered, her voice hoarse.

"Anything you for, dear one," he rumbled. He lightly trailed his fingers up and down her spine.

Daphne drifted off to sleep. Hades placed a soft kiss on her forehead. He prayed that, for once, she would sleep with no nightmares. He watched her slumber for a little while. Her breasts rose and fell with her steady breaths. He wished he had suckled those dark nipples while she rode him but...there would be other times. He placed one last kiss on her brow before getting up from the bed. He dressed quickly and closed the door quietly behind him as he left.

--

Daphne awoke slowly. She stretched her arms and legs expecting at least one of her limbs to bump into Hades' cool body. She found that she had the bed to herself. Perhaps, Hades was off tending to the garden again. She stood and padded to the bath. Her thighs were sore and sticky from their coupling.

Once she reached the bathing room, she began to draw her bath. She dressed the steaming water with dried rosehips, spearmint leaves, and orange peel. The mixture would be sure to sooth her muscles. She sank into the water with a sigh. She lathered her curls with hyacinth-scented soap. She washed her body, careful to clean the stickiness from her thighs. Once she was satisfied, she sank into the warm water. Her thoughts drifted to Hades. He had been so frantic to explain himself to her. Even after learning what she had, she was not angry at him. Naturally, she was frustrated by the unfairness of her dozens of past lives. But still, she felt drawn to the god she was bound to. The feeling grew stronger with every passing moment. She thought of him often. She even craved his touch. It was peculiar, what she felt for him. She had not known him long, but he felt so familiar to her. She felt safe with him.

Daphne arose from the bath and wrapped a linen around her body. She tied her hair into a bun. It would dry eventually. As she made her way back into the bedchamber, she wondered why her mind seemed so quiet. It was full of thought, yet it seemed so calm. Realization dawned on her, she couldn't hear even a trace of Hades' thoughts. Daphne's heart began to race. The closer he was to her, the louder his thoughts were. Unless...he was hiding them from her. Daphne shook her head.

He wouldn't do that.

Daphne dressed quickly in an intricately woven peplos. In other circumstances, she would have admired the embroidered detail on the goldenrod fabric. She would have marveled at the metallic threads and glass beads that trimmed the garment. But this was not the time. She felt uneasy. Hades was far away, and he hadn't told her a thing. Something was wrong; she could sense it.

She wandered through the Underworld, or at least the parts she had explored before. The library was empty. Scrolls and tablets were still strewn across the table and floor. The garden, too, was empty. The flora swayed and rustled as she walked by. Otherwise, all was still. The gate was quiet, too. All three of Jack's heads slept soundly. The river Styx was calm. It swirled sluggishly as it always did. She climbed the rocks along the river. Perhaps, he was in one of the small caverns along the river's edge. She poked her head around every corner. Rather than Hades, she found a Lampad. The creature was poring over a lot of stones. The mist obscured Daphne's vision a bit. But the pebbles seemed to have symbols of some kind etched into them.

"Pardon me," Daphne hesitated, folding her arms self-consciously.

The Lampad looked up with a start, her dark eyes meeting Daphne's with a smile.

"My Lady! 'Tis a pleasure to see you. You are looking very well these days."

"Thank you," she said bashfully, "H-have you seen Hades lately? I haven't been able to find him."

"Ah! Lord Hades journeyed to the mortal realm some time ago. He said he had a mission of some sort," replied the Lampad.

"The mortal realm? He can leave the Underworld?" Daphne asked incredulously.

"Our lord may go wherever he pleases" answered the Lampad with a smile, "Such is his power.

"I see..." Daphne said, "I guess I'll just wait until he gets back.

The Lampad nodded and turned back to her work.

--

Hades donned a glamour before blending into the steady hustle and bustle of the city. Rather than a Grecian tunic and sandals, he wore dress shirt, slacks, and silk tie. If he was going to succeed, he needed to look like he belonged with the CEOs and stock brokers he shared the pavement with. He spotted the sleek, black skyscraper a few blocks away. Hades slipped on his suit jacket and picked up his pace.

He adjusted his tie one more time before walking through the automatic doors.

"Welcome to Menthe Enterprises," greeted the receptionist at the desk.

"Good afternoon," said Hades warmly. He leaned closely to the receptionist's desk and gave her a bright smile, revealing his dimples. "I'm looking for a Dylan Stanford. Do you think you could help me with that, sweetheart?"

The receptionist turned a very bright shade of pink.

"Sure," she giggled. "His office is on the top floor. I'll let him know to expect someone."

"You have my thanks," he crooned with another dazzling smile.

He smirked as he headed toward the elevators. He didn't have to show his fake identification. She hadn't even asked for his name.

Hades stepped out of the elevator on the fifteenth floor. He took in the sleek office interior. The office was composed of multiple chambers, the first being a pristine sitting room. The space was decorated with fine paintings and sculptures. The light wood floors were covered in lush rugs. The next room was a small bar filled with intricately carved barstools and bottles of wine, liquor, and beer.

An interesting take on professionalism, Hades thought to himself.

He chose to skip the other rooms. As curious as he was about this man's over-indulgence, he had a very important task to complete. He passed the secretary's desk. It sat unoccupied despite the tower of files that sat upon it. He strode to the heavy mahogany doors and opened them stealthily.

His ears were met with the sound of loud slurps and moans. Dylan Stanford sat at his desk with closed eyes and a satisfied smile on his face. A pair of black heels stuck out from behind the desk.

"That's it, baby. Just like that. Get it all in there," he groaned, "Work for that raise."

Hades considered catching their attention. He resigned instead to wait until they noticed his presence. It would have more of an effect.

Hades dug his hands into his pockets as the scene continued before him.

Dylan Stanford grunted, his face twisting into a smug grin.

"That'll be all, Katie. You may return to your desk," he said slyly. He turned to reach for a tissue and froze as he finally spotted Hades standing before him. "Who the hell are you?"

Katie scrambled to her feet, clutching her blouse to her chest.

"Leave us," commanded Hades to the mortified young woman.

"Who do you think you are?" Dylan yelled, zipping his pants before he stood. "Stay put, Katie."

The woman looked to her boss before spotted Hades fiery gaze.

"Sorry, sir," she mumbled as she hurried out the door.

Dylan Stanford glared at the intruder. "You'd better explain yourself before I call the cops, jackass."

Hades chuckled and casually stroked his cheek.

"Feel free to alert the police, mortal. I will be gone before they arrive."

Dylan crossed the room to stand face-to-face with Hades. He puffed out his chest as he sized him up.

"I don't know what the fuck you've been smoking but you'd better get the hell out of here before you piss me off."

Hades laughed again as he opened the heavy doors.

"You will see me again very soon, mortal. And next time, I will have someone very special with me," he called over his shoulder.

Hades passed the secretary's desk on his way out.

"That raise isn't worth it," he whispered to the disheveled young woman.

She stared after him wordlessly as the elevator doors closed between them.

--

Daphne occupied her time by tending to the hodge-podge of a garden that her consort had created. As she cared for the vegetation, she noticed something strange. It seemed that she could communicate with the plants. If she willed the leaves to unfurl, they would. If she whispered to the buds to open, they would. If she called the blossoms to bear seed, they would. And so, she sat on the ground with flowering vines wrapping gently around her arms. A fairy ring encircled her. The air was filled with the perfume of merry flora all eager to impress the goddess that marveled at them.

As she sat surrounded by her favorite plants, she realized that she wanted Hades with her. She thought of all the random plant facts that she could teach him. Sure, he was thousands of years old, but there were bound to be some things he didn't know. She glanced at the sweet pea flowers. Their periwinkle blossoms stood out against the dark moss they grew beside. If Hades were here, she would weave a crown of the fragrant flowers for him to wear. The soft pastel petals would look so bright against the black waves of his hair. His eyes would be even more striking underneath a corona of delicate blooms. With him so far away, she realized that she missed him.

"I missed you too, dear one."

Hades was a sight to see. He still wore the suit that he donned in the mortal realm. While his usual chiton showed off his muscled frame, the suit added a layer of mystery. Daphne couldn't see the sensual form beneath fine Italian fabric, but she knew it was there. It wouldn't take much to reveal it...

He loosened his tie as he sat next to his companion.

"Your thoughts are quite colorful as of late, darling," Hades smiled subtly.

Daphne blushed. Now that Hades was near once again, her thoughts were no longer private.

"But, there is something important we must attend to in the mortal realm," he continued.

Daphne raised her brows.

"I can travel there too?" She had thought that part of the world was lost to her forever.

Hades knew what she was really wondering. She wanted to visit her friends and family. That would be complicated.

Daphne's heart sank. Hades' thoughts were just as clear to her as they were to him.

"Perhaps, another time," she said softly.

"That I can promise you," he said, running his thumb along the back of her hand, "And soon."

"If we aren't going to see my family, why are going?" she inquired, toying with a bush of pokeweed. Whatever Hades was planning, he was purposefully keeping it from her.

"You will see when we arrive," he answered stoically.

Daphne cut him a look. She wasn't fond of surprises. Though, Hades always planned lovely ones.

"Well, is my outfit alright?" she asked. In her earlier boredom, she had twisted and braided her hair around an ornate golden crown she had found in the wardrobe. She had adorned herself with sparkling jewels she had also found there. Daphne would never blend in if she entered the mortal realm as she was.

"Oh no. Your attire is perfect," he said with a mischievous glint in his grey eyes.

--

Hades and Daphne arrived in the foyer of an upscale home just outside the city. The house was three and a half stories with a spacious garage. It's hardwood floors gleamed from the fresh polish delivered by the housekeeper. The décor was just as excessive as that of the top floor office. The walls were covered in paintings. Fine furniture filled the adjacent sitting room. The homeowner had expensive taste.

"Where are we?" Daphne whispered. This felt like trespassing.

"Come," he replied, blatantly avoiding her question. This was definitely trespassing.

Hades led her up the curving staircase, gesturing for her to do so quietly. They treaded quietly down the dark hallway until they reached the double-doors of the master bedroom. The light of a television illuminated their feet as they stood just outside. The house wasn't empty, as Daphne had hoped.

"Hades, what's going o—"

Hades opened the doors and strode into the bedroom. Daphne padded behind him hesitantly.

"What the fuck? Now, I'm really calling the cops!" yelled Dylan Stanford from the comfort of his four-poster bed. But before he could reach for his cell phone, Hades grabbed it and flung it into the wall. Dylan blinked dumbly at Hades' speed. He had called him a mortal before. So, what did that make him? And who the hell was that bitch in the costume?

Daphne stepped further into the room.

Why are we here?

She looked at the discomforted stranger before her. Her blood ran cold.

Brown hair. Green eyes.

Her knees grew weak beneath her. Before she could fall to the ground, Hades was at her side. He wrapped a strong arm around her waist.

"Ha-Hades, why did you bring me here? Why did you bring me to him?" she hissed.

Before Hades could answer, he was interrupted by Dylan, who now stood against his nightstand.

"Look, I don't know who you are or what you want, but you'd better get the hell out of my house!"

Hades looked at the arrogant mortal man with a smirk.

"Do you not recognize her, mortal? You have met before. I believe it was at a festivity of some kind during your college years."

Daphne quaked in Hades' embrace. Her temperature began to rise. Her stomach churned. Her heart pounded in her ears. She wanted to run away.

Dylan was cool and detached. Whatever fear he had been feeling was replaced with his usual hubris. He looked Daphne up and down. She wasn't wearing those God-awful glasses. And she was curvier than he remembered. The low cut of her blouse revealed a healthy amount of cleavage. Her brown skin was radiant, even in the dim light of the room. He certainly recognized her.

"Yeah, we've met. So, what?" he retorted.

"And what did you do after you met her?" Hades tested.

Dylan chuckled.

"That was a long time ago, asshole. I don't remember."

"Try," Hades urged. He tried to keep a careful hold on his temper.

Dylan sighed and crossed his arms over his chest.

"We hooked up," he said with a shrug, "Why do you care? Are you her boyfriend or something?"

"Hooked up?" Daphne ground out. "You drugged me!" She wrenched herself from Hades' arms. Her temper was rising.

Dylan chuckled, "You had a bit too much to drink that night, if I recall correctly. Nothing to be ashamed of."

Hades began to back out of the room.

"I will leave you two to resolve this," he said as he closed the doors behind him.

Daphne was alone with him. She saw his face every night in her nightmares. And now, here he was, standing before him in all his arrogance. Bile began to rise in her throat. She was frozen in the spot.

"Why me?" she asked, "Why did you hurt me?"

He scoffed, "I didn't give you anything you didn't want. You liked it."

Daphne balked. Surely, he didn't believe those lies. She had lost consciousness during the attack. When she had woken up, the sun was rising. Her assailant had been nowhere to be seen. She had gone to the police that day, but nothing had ever come of it.

How did Hades find him?

Dylan cracked his neck irreverently.

"Are we done here? I was watching the game," he sneered.

Daphne seethed. Whatever control she'd had over her temper was gone. Her thoughts raced. She had known that whoever had attacked her must have been some heartless and depraved creature, but seeing this man's total disregard for his actions was another thing entirely. Her hand twitched as she thought of how easily she could call her flora to her. A surge of adrenaline washed over her. Daphne summoned spores of Ophiocordyceps unilateralis to her fingertips. With a flick of her wrist, she sent the spores into Dylan's nose and mouth.

"Hello?" he said, waving his hand in front of him, "Are we done or what? Unless, you want to fu—"

"Grow," Daphne commanded.