Flowers in the Trash Can

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The girl appeared hurt by the question; but answered. "I'll be nineteen next month."

Alexis didn't say it out loud, but was thinking, "Eighteen, too bad, a year younger and I could get his ass thrown in jail."

Alexis needed to keep the conversation flowing, she turned her phone's recorder on. She almost asked if the girl would like a glass of wine, then remembered she was too young to drink. "Can I get you a Coke?"

Lacy, that was her name, thought this was going pretty well. She was expecting a hysterical shrew from how Matthew described her; instead, she's offering a Coke.

Alexis came back into the room with a Coke for Lacy and a glass of wine for herself. Twenty minutes later, the extent of Alexis' patience, Lacy was gone and Alexis' phone had the 'who' (Lacy Brown), 'where they met' (Lacy works at Tremors, the local Hooters knockoff), 'how long has this been going on' (two months), and the 'what' (Alexis could have done without hearing how wonderful it was when Lacy and Matt 'made love', but now has it all on recorder). By the time she left, Lacy had Alexis' promise that Matt would soon be free.

Alexis held it together as she packed a bag and drove to her sister Haley's house. As soon as she walked in the door, Alexis collapsed and sobbed for the next hour as her sister hugged her. Haley's heart ached as Alexis' shoulders were shaking uncontrollably, telling her about Matt's transgressions. Haley never knew about the first woman and wished Matthew would walk in the door, she'd like nothing more than to tear him a new asshole for what he'd done to her little sister.

That was Sunday, sis called a friend who had recently gotten a divorce. By Monday morning, Alexis had an appointment to meet with an attorney on Wednesday.

Now, after their meeting with the attorney, she was optimistic how it would all play out, given the post-nup, and Matt would be served Friday. Alexis finished her cup of coffee and was ready to head home; time to pack a few more things out of the house, when she looked up to see Matt standing there with a big bouquet of flowers.

"Come home, Alex. I'm sorry, so sorry."

Alexis left the café and crossed the street while Matt followed.

"What can I do to make it up to you?"

Alexis stopped and reached out for the bouquet. Matt was stunned, thinking to himself, "Could it really be this easy? Maybe she does love me enough to forgive me a second time."

Alexis took the flowers, smelled the bouquet, and dumped it into the trash can. "You can stick your flowers up your ass and never talk to me again! Then you and little Miss Teeny-bopper can 'discover your love' together. You can take her to see the latest boy-band and drink Cokes together as she shakes her Tremors' boobs in your face." Alexis took a deep breath, "You make me sick!"

Alexis jumped in a cab and had the cabby drive the two blocks to the garage where her car was parked, giving the cabby a decent tip for the short ride.

Alexis drove back to her sister's, changed into her running gear and ran for miles. By the time she returned to the house, her sister and brother-in-law, Kyle, were home. Alexis told them about the meeting with the attorney, the public altercation with Matt and that he'd be served with divorce papers Friday.

It was her brother-in-law that caught it, interrupting. "Wait, Matt met you at the café with flowers? How did he know where to find you?"

"My god, I never thought of that."

"Let me see your phone."

Kyle hit a few buttons. "Did you know you have a tracking app on your phone?"

"I didn't put it there."

"Matt probably did. Probably to make certain you weren't following him when he met his teen friend. Or maybe to keep track if you were doing to him what he was doing to you. That's the thing with cheaters -- if you can't trust yourself to be faithful, how can you trust your mate?"

While they were talking, Kyle was busy with Alexis' phone. "There, it's removed."

Matt was served Friday; called Alexis at least every other day, begging for forgiveness and promising to be faithful for the rest of their lives together. Alexis didn't give in a second time and within six months, the divorce was final.

But, not before Matt's attorney requested and the judge ordered three counseling sessions for the couple. The counseling sessions were a positive for Alexis in one way; she learned Matt's serial adultery had little to do with her. In the end, it had more to do with Matt's lack of self-esteem, not anything lacking in her love for him. All his machismo was compensation for the bullying he endured growing up; by his brother, school mates and others. His first high school girlfriend dumped him soon after their first time 'making love' and started dating his former best friend.

The poor guy ends up dating, wooing and marrying Alexis, a truly beautiful woman, beautiful inside and out. He never realizes he's captured the heart of a wonderful, faithful, loving woman and their breakup is a self-fulfilling prophecy because of his subsequent actions. Matt would still be married to Alexis if he just believed in her.

It was a year later, six months after her divorce was finalized, (Alexis never did have that first cigarette); Alexis' sister called one afternoon with an invitation to dinner Saturday night. "Dress comfortably, but nice; I have someone I work with at the bank, his name is John, who you should meet."

"Another of your set ups?"

"This guy is different, you'll like him. He's smart, successful and not full of himself."

"This sounds like the male equivalent of 'a great personality'." Alexis was laughing as she said it; but agreed to be there.

The dinner party was a success and Alexis accepted John's invitation to go to a show and dinner the following weekend.

John Farnsworth rang the bell, holding a bouquet of fall Asters in his hand. Alexis opened the door wearing a beautiful navy-blue dress and four-inch heels. As John stepped into the house, he was eye-to-eye with Alexis' stunning blue eyes.

"You look fabulous."

Alexis took the bouquet in one hand and played with John's lapel with the other.

"And you look very smart yourself. Let me get these in water."

John was almost -- almost -- embarrassed to watch Alexis' shapely ass in that dress as she walked away into the kitchen. And those legs - outstanding.

As John helped Alexis on with her coat, she decided to get it out of the way now, so she asked, "I wore heels, is that going to be a problem?"

John was a bit surprised by the question and wondered if he had time to scalp these damn theatre tickets if she was trying to back out of their date; maybe she regretted accepting his invitation now that she was standing close to him. "No, I like looking into your eyes this way. Is it going to be a problem being escorted by a guy my height?"

"Look, I'm sorry. I dated a guy last month about your height and he asked me to wear flats. I didn't even think of it until you came to the door. I just didn't want to come off as a bitch; I suck at dating -- ask my sister, she'll tell you."

John laughed, even though he wondered if this made her more uncomfortable, it was all too ludicrous. "OK, can we start over?"

Alexis blushed. "Yes, please."

"Let's go, or we'll be late." John took her arm and walked her to his car, holding the door open for her.

John headed downtown, looking over at Alexis. "Do you have issues with dating a guy my height? Especially a guy who loves the way your legs look in those heels?"

Alexis realized why her sister was so anxious to get her together with this guy. He was direct and sure of himself without being arrogant.

"My ex-husband was six-one and a cheating asshole. You're what, five-ten? And seem like a great guy."

"I am a great guy, but five-nine, thank you." John said it in jest. "But that wasn't enough for my last serious relationship. She needed more height."

"Well, she sounds as stupid as my ex."

"Maybe we should introduce them to each other."

"Only if we get them neutered first so they can't procreate. There are enough stupid people in the world."

John was already starting to like this woman.

Over dinner after the show, John ended up telling her about his aborted marriage proposal.

Alexis reached out and gave John's hand a squeeze. "That's awful, but at least you found out before walking down the aisle. I found out three years into our relationship that behind all his bravado lurked a frightened little boy who needed constant reinforcement of his worth, especially his sexual worth. After his second 'indiscretion', at least the second I learned of, it was time to cut my losses. So, here I am, twenty-four and divorced. I've dated four men since the divorce and I'm so socially awkward that I almost blew off the best date of my life with my stupid comment about my heels. Can you ever forgive me?"

Now it was John's turn to reach across and hold Alexis' hand. He found it hard to believe that this gorgeous woman with such a kind heart was asking for his forgiveness. Alexis was looking across the table and somehow knew -- this is the man I'm going to marry; we'll have children and grow old together. It was the beginning of a beautiful relationship.

Seven months later, on a warm Spring night, John asked Alexis if she would marry him -- Alexis wrapped her arms around John's neck and said, "yes" before kissing him with passion. Two months later, a county judge married Alexis North to John Farnsworth in an intimate ceremony on his parents' back lawn.

They had those children and lived happily ever after.

********

My phone rang and it shook me out of my daydream. Looking at the phone, I was pleased to see it was my husband calling.

"Hi, babe."

"Katie, where are you?"

"Sitting at Sullivan's across from the park, having a drink and daydreaming. Where are you?"

"I came home early. I called your office and they said you took off after lunch. I decided to come home and surprise you. Thought we could have an early cocktail, then an early dinner, then maybe an early bedtime."

"Anthony - you dog -- are you trying to get into my panties?"

"The thought occurred to me. It's your birthday and I wanted to give you something special."

"Special as in what you gave me last night and the night before?"

"No, this is really special - I bought some of those magic pills advertised on late night TV. Tonight you get KingKong." Anthony barely got the words out before busting out laughing at his own joke.

Gawd, I love this man. His sense of humor, the way he always thinks of me first, how it feels when he wraps those arms around me. I think it's time I gave him the one thing he's wanted for the past year.

He interrupted my chain of thought. "What are you doing, besides having a drink?"

"You know me, hubby - letting my imagination wander."

"When are you going to write any of these stories down and let me read them?"

"What, and let my husband know he married a pervert?"

"Why not? That way I'll know we belong together, two perverts hopelessly in love. Come on home, I'll prove it to you."

"I'll pay my tab. I'm a Negroni or two ahead of you. Have a drink and I'll be home in twenty minutes. Call for Thai; we'll get naked and feed each other Pad Thai and spring rolls."

Knowing my husband was waiting for me, I decided to splurge by taking an Uber instead of the bus. While I waited for the Uber to show, I called up my gynecologist's office to make an appointment and have my IUD removed. With luck, Anthony will be a father by this time next year.


12