Fog

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The gray mist was forming off shore over the water but was fast sliding towards the land. In the distance I heard a fog horn begin its lonesome call. I felt a shiver go up and down my spine. I loved weather like this. I was sort of glad I had let Diane and Kevin have the tent to themselves for a while even though a quick image of the two of them naked and locked together flashed through my mind. If I couldn't have that, a walk in the fog by the lakeshore was probably the next best thing.

I continued on down the shore away from the campground. I was soon beyond the lights of the developed area and the only illumination was from the small amount of left over sun light and perhaps a little moon glow as well. Whatever, my eyes had adapted enough that I could see fairly well. The waves were quite small so avoiding the splash wasn't difficult.

I think I walked for maybe forty minutes and then I came to some large rocks at the water's edge. These were the size of a small cottage and I climbed up to sit on one some eight feet off the ground. Here I was in shadow, leaning back into a corner formed by two stones, and I just rested, my eyes closed, listening to the waves and the distant fog horn.

I sat there for some time - probably about twenty or thirty minutes - and then decided to move elsewhere. I started to climb down, my face towards the rock, my back towards the path along the shore. Just as my foot reached the beach I thought I heard a sound from the direction of the campground. I started to look around when a deep voice called, "Hi."

I let out a small squeak and the voice immediately said, "Sorry, I didn't mean to frighten you. I just didn't want you to turn around and suddenly see me. I thought that might scare you more. I suppose I guessed wrong."

It was a pleasant sounding voice and by the time he had finished that little speech I was calming somewhat. "No, that's quite all right. I was just startled and overreacted. Sorry."

"Well, I'm sorry I startled you, then. By the way, I'm Don Houston."

"Hi. I'm Kristen Blake. I'm up here with my roommate for a break from school."

"Really? I'm also here with a friend of mine from school, although he's not my roommate. I'll be a sophomore at State this fall."

"You, too? I go to State also and I'll be a sophomore this fall, too. Biology major."

"I'm an ECE major myself. Were you at State all this year? I would have thought I'd have noticed you."

"Yes, the whole year. But there are twenty thousand other girls on campus, so I doubt you would have noticed me."

I saw his eyes sweep up and down as he looked at me. "No, I'm definitely sure I would have noticed you."

I felt my face grow slightly warm at this comment but managed to say, "I doubt it, but thank you."

He laughed. A nice laugh that for some reason sounded rather sexy. "No, while there's not a lot of light right now there is enough that I can tell I would definitely have noticed." Then he changed the subject. "What are you doing out here now, anyway? There's not a lot to see with all the fog."

"I love the fog! I just wanted to come out here, just let it roll all around me, and listen to the fog horn over there."

I could see him smile. "Then we both must think alike. I love fog, too. It's relaxing to just let it flow all around you. Not just the sight, but the smell and taste and the way is it feels on your skin. Not to mention the way it smothers all the sounds."

Now it was my turn to smile. "Yes! I've always loved fog for as long as I can remember. Same reasons." Then I hesitated a little bit. "Besides, I expect my roommate and her boyfriend might be using the tent. She didn't even know he was up here and he stopped by and surprised her. I thought it politic to go for a walk and let them have the tent for awhile."

I could see Don was staring at me rather intensely. Slowly he said, "Is your roommate's name Diane by any chance."

My mouth dropped open then after a second or so, I managed to say, "Yes. And is your friend, by any chance, named Kevin."

He laughed. "Yes! He said he was going to surprise his girlfriend and I went into town so he could have our tent if he wanted. I came back earlier than I expected and decided to go for a walk in case they were, er, occupied."

I joined his laughter. "I told Diane I'd be gone for at least three hours, so I'm sure they are busy in our tent."

Still laughing, he said, "Then my tent must be empty." He added - very obviously teasing - "Maybe we should go back and put my tent to use."

I laughed again also and teased right back. "Well, I suppose we could always play cards or something."

"Strip poker?" he asked with a wide smile.

I managed to reply, "Noooo. I don't think so." But I again felt my face grow a little warm. This guy definitely attracted me, although I couldn't say exactly why.

As our laughter subsided I said, "Kevin said I'd probably meet you tomorrow. Seems he was off by a little bit."

"Well, I certainly don't mind meeting you a little early."

I smiled and shook my head. "It definitely doesn't bother me."

For a few long seconds we just stood and then Don suddenly said, "Look, neither of us is going back just now. Want to walk a little more? Maybe stop and get to know each other a little?"

I felt a wide smile cross my face. "I think I'd like that. Have somewhere in mind?"

"Just a little farther down the shore. I believe I remember a nice place to sit and watch the waves." He gave a short laugh as he looked around at the now thick blanket of fog. "I guess tonight we can just sit and listen to the waves."

"That sounds good to me. I love sitting in the fog, just letting it flow all around me."

"Then we already have something in common. I grew up along a river and I've always loved it when the fog rose. Waves are still something new to me, but I'm coming to love them also."

"What about fog horns?" I asked.

"You mean that deep tone from over that way?" He waved his arm in the general direction and I nodded. "I've only heard them a couple of times but I can't think of a better sound to go with a night like this." Then he gave a short laugh. "I suppose I'd appreciate them even more if I were on a boat out in this."

"Yes, they do have very practical uses, but I just love the sound."

We had started on down the shore, just walking very slowly, side by side. I suddenly bumped a small rock with my toe and very slightly stumbled forwards, but Don caught my hand to steady me. Then he continued to hold it and I had no urge to pull away myself. We continued walking, now holding hands. I don't know just what it was about him, but I was definitely finding myself attracted to Don.

For the next twenty minutes we continued to slowly walk, talking about our backgrounds. I found that Don was from western Pennsylvania, a small river town, as he had said. We found we had a lot more in common than just the fog. We both loved outdoor activities. I might have guessed about camping but Don also enjoyed backpacking and cross country skiing. Not surprisingly, he also had spent a lot of time in canoes and kayaks. He had never tried snowshoeing but had SCUBA dived, a sport I wanted to try some day. He had even done a little technical climbing.

We came to the spot Don had mentioned and found a nice bench-like rock shelf against a small cliff face. Someone had even dragged a piece of drift wood over to make a foot rest in front of it.

We sat down, side by side, and it seemed so natural that I almost didn't notice when Don put his arm around my shoulders. We continued to talk, the conversation becoming a little more personal. I told him how I had had a steady boyfriend, Eric, in high school and he, in turn, told me he had gone pretty steadily with a girl, Sue, then also. We did discover that neither of us was particularly attached at the moment.

I also quickly discovered that Don was pretty bright - not surprising in an engineering major - and he got the idea that I was also a serious student. Since we were both science majors of some kind, we spoke a similar language which let us get a picture of each other a little more rapidly than we might have otherwise.

We continued to talk and get to know each other. At one point Don glanced at his watch and found we had been sitting there for an hour and a half. "Really? It couldn't have been that long, could it?"

"Sure doesn't seem like it," he replied. "I guess we get along pretty well, eh, Kristen?"

"It does seem that way," I said. Then I added, "I wouldn't mind staying a few more hours but I expect Diane and Kevin might begin to wonder about us."

"Probably right. I wouldn't mind staying here either but I suppose we should be starting back." We stood and dusted the sand from the back of our pants. "Kristen, I've really enjoyed the last couple of hours."

I turned to face him. "Me, too, Don."

For several seconds we stood just facing each other, holding hands. Then Don quietly said, "Kristen, would you be offended if I kissed you?"

I felt my pulse pick up a little. "Not at all, Don. But I might if you don't."

We moved to bring our lips slowly together and soon they were pressed warmly and firmly. For probably twenty seconds we held them like that before we separated slightly. Then almost in a whisper I breathed, "Again," and we once again closed the gap, this time pressing more tightly and holding the kiss longer as our arms went around each other. I felt myself wrapped in his arms, both of us cloaked in the thick fog, the sound of gentle waves and the distant fog horn in the background. I suddenly felt I'd like this to continue for much, much longer. It was another fifteen minutes before we finally pulled back and, still holding hands, started slowly back down the shore.

The trip back to the campground took a little longer than it might have because we stopped several times for a little more kissing. When I thought about it I was surprised at how natural this seemed. I mean this wasn't even a first date. Not really a date at all. But it felt as if I had known Don for quite a while already.

At last the lights of the campground began to show through the thick fog. We stopped for one more kiss and suddenly I said, "Hey. Want to have a little fun with Diane and Kevin?"

"Sure. Just what did you have in mind?"

"Well, let's not mention that we met tonight. When they introduce us tomorrow, instead of shaking hands, let's ..." I stopped and wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a nice, hard kiss, even opening my lips.

Don returned the kiss just as strongly and when we pulled apart he took a deep breath and said, "I certainly won't object to that. Even if it doesn't surprise them it will still make me very happy."

His laugh joined mine as I breathlessly replied, "Me, too." We moved on a little farther and then with one more quick kiss, separated and each headed towards our own tent.

I stopped at the rest room and then moved on to our campsite. I could see Diane had the little LED lantern on inside and I guessed she was still awake. I was sure Kevin had left but just in case I called out before opening the flap and netting and moving inside, hopefully before any extra bugs could make it in.

It was still pretty warm out and Diane was lying on top of her sleeping bag, dressed in a night shirt. Well, a nightshirt and a wide grin. "Hi," I said. "Have a good time?"

"Definitely! Kristen, thanks for giving us the time."

"That's all right. I love being out in weather like this. You know I love the fog as well as the sound of the waves."

"I know, but thanks anyway. I'd be happy to do the same for you some time."

"I know you would." I was digging out my own night shirt and in a few more seconds had shed my shorts and tee and slipped into it. Then I asked, "Are we going to be doing something with Kevin and his friend tomorrow?"

"He suggested we could meet for lunch and maybe go on a short hike." Then she looked a little concerned. "That is, if you want to. Look, Kristen, I know you didn't plan on anyone but me for this trip. I don't want to force you into anything."

I smiled and shook my head. "Don't worry about it. If his friend is anything like Kevin, I'm sure I won't mind. Did he tell you anything about him? I mean he's not a six foot six motorcycle thug or anything, is he?"

Diane laughed. "I can't imagine he'd be anything like that but we really didn't spend a lot of time talking about his friend."

"From the smile on your face I would guess you didn't spend a lot of time talking at all. Probably busy doing other things."

She actually blushed a little. "I guess we didn't get around to a lot of general conversation."

I laughed. "Seriously, I'm happy for you, Diane. Now if I can just find someone ..."

She smiled and we finally turned off the lamp and settled down for the night.

It had been fairly late when we had settled down but we were both awake by seven. A quick trip down to the showers and then breakfast. As we were cleaning up I casually asked, "When and where are we supposed to meet?"

"Oh, sorry I didn't say. Kevin said they would come down here about eleven and then we could either have lunch here or go to one of the picnic areas. Got a preference?"

"Not really." Then after a second I added, "If you don't care, one of the picnic areas along the shore might be nice. Be a little more away from people."

"Yeah, I agree." We looked over what we had in the way of food and decided there were still enough hotdogs and chips left. There was also still some fresh fruit and vegetables. If the guys didn't care, that would work.

Once we had everything cleaned up there were still a couple of hours. We got water bottles from the cooler and then just sat at the table talking.

"You definitely look a little more relaxed this morning, Diane."

"I feel more relaxed."

I laughed. "I expect so."

For just a second she looked slightly embarrassed. Then with a smile she said, "It had been more than two weeks, Kristen. I guess I've gotten used to a little more frequently." She lowered her voice slightly and leaned towards me. "The last two or three months we've managed at least four or five times a week. Sometimes more. I guess I didn't realize how horny I'd get if it went a little longer."

I smiled and nodded. "I know exactly what you mean. It's even been a little longer since I've been with Dan. Of course we didn't manage quite that often, but I still miss it." I glanced around and then said, "After all, sex is a lot of fun."

Diana laughed and replied, "Amen, Girl!"

A little more seriously I commented, "You and Kevin are getting quite serious about each other, aren't you? I'm sure that would make it even better."

Her face lit and she excitedly said, "Yes! We're not sure yet, Kristen, but both of us think it might become permanent. I do love him and sex and love together is both more fun and a lot hotter."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "I'm sure it is. Hopefully I'll find out for myself sometime. Sometime soon, preferably." Then I let a smile cross my own face. "But until then, even just the sex would be an improvement."

Diane laughed and I had to add, "Oh, you know I don't mean just sex with anyone. I still want a good relationship before I jump into bed with someone. I just mean I don't have to be totally in love to enjoy it."

We continued to talk, mostly going to other topics. Diane and I had signed up for an apartment together for the next year and we spent some time discussing just what we would need to either bring or buy. Neither of us noticed when just before eleven the two guys walked up to our site.

"Hi," Kevin called out.

We both looked up and stood. Diane did a little more and quickly wrapped her arms around Kevin for a nice kiss. When they broke apart Kevin said, "Don, I'd like you to meet Diane and Kristen. Girls, this is Don."

Don reached out and Diane shook his hand, saying something like, "Pleased to meet you, Don."

Then Don turned to me but instead of shaking hands we each wrapped our arms tightly around each other and moved into a kiss even hotter and longer than the one Kevin and Diane had exchanged. When we pulled apart and turned we found that both of them were staring open-mouthed at us. After a few seconds Diane, still with a confused look of astonishment on her face, finally said, "It looks like you two must already know each other." Kevin just continued to stare.

With a more or less straight face I managed to say, "I had never even heard of Don until Kevin mentioned his friend yesterday."

Then Don and I could no longer contain ourselves and burst into laughter. When I caught my breath I said, "No, Diane, we don't know each other, especially if you mean in the biblical sense." Then I relented and added, "Actually we happened to meet out along the shore last night. We just wanted to see what your reaction would be."

Don added, "It lived up to expectations, didn't it, Kristen?" Both of us laughing again, I managed to nod.

When things settled down a little, we suggested the hot dogs for lunch and the guys readily agreed. In another ten minutes we had gathered everything we'd need and climbed into Diane's car for the short drive.

On the main road towards Ontonagon there are several small picnic sites. The road parallels the lake shore some twenty or thirty yards from the water and each site is located between the road and the shoreline. Usually there is one grill and one, or at the most two, picnic tables. We stopped at one surrounded by trees and located about ten feet above the water and the pebble lined shore.

There was driftwood along the beach and soon the guys had a small fire going in the grill while Diane and I put on a plastic table cloth and set out paper plates and the rest of the food. We had two long handled forks for cooking the hot dogs and the two men appropriated these, placing two franks on each, and proceeded to cook hot dogs for all of us.

In just a few minutes we all sat down to eat, Diane and Kevin on one side of the table and Don and I on the other. Even without our earlier intense greeting, I think that Diane and Kevin could probably tell that Don and I were getting along quite well and didn't act surprised that we sat quite close to each other.

Over lunch we talked about possible hikes and finally decided to head over to the western end of the park to the Presque Isle area. I had been there on previous trips and knew there were some trails along the river with a couple of waterfalls and an island reached by a bridge across the river gorge. There was also a fair sized picnic area.

The western end of the park is located some thirty miles along the South Boundary Road, a fair distance away. The drive would take the better part of an hour. When we finished lunch we headed back to our campsite to pick us some hiking gear. Diane and I started towards our tent and the guys were heading to their own site when Don suddenly stopped. "Hey, guys." We all turned towards him. "I was just thinking that it's going to take a while to get over there, do any hiking, and get back. Suppose we take something for supper and eat over there?"

We all looked at each other and then everyone spoke at once, agreeing that was a good idea. Don looked at Kevin and said, "We have some steaks. How does that sound?"

Diane replied, "Sounds good to me." Then she turned towards me. "Don't we have some of the salad left? And a package of that beef flavored rice?"

"Yeah. How does that sound to you guys?" Kevin and Don quickly agreed and we rapidly decided who would bring what to cook and eat with before going to retrieve our things.

An hour later, this time in Don's car, we pulled into the parking lot at Presque Isle. We all had put on our hiking boots and now applied some bug spray. June in this part of the state often results in swarms of mosquitoes and other small bugs. Well, we already knew quite a bit about them from the wood lots around the school. The general saying about Michigan mosquitoes is that the little ones can nearly devour you on the spot while the big ones will carry you off first.

1...34567...9