All Comments on 'For the Greater Good - Conclusion'

by cookingwithgas

Sort by:
  • 164 Comments (Page 2)
GardenshedGardenshed10 months ago

Really stupid ending and the parents making decisions for them switch spouses WTF. It still was well written. I have liked other stories you have wrote. Looking forward to future stories. Just this one not so much. 3⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Ashley proved, time and again, she's a genius, but her pussy makes her a filthy whore. Melinda and her husband are truly in love. They have 3 kids...

ReadyOneReadyOne10 months ago

Far too long.

Destruction of MC's marriage shoild have been obvious to both very early on.

The "greater good" was divorce when MC saw he couldn't ever sync with Ashley's morals.

BSreaderBSreader10 months ago
This

Was without a doubt the worse alternative version of any I've read no person in this was beyond reprehensible everyone was Despicable, I'm sorry but you usually write better than this. The husband was a stupid pussy in this and pushed his f up wife into this bullshit and the brothers wife was terrible. No one was worthy of praise including the father.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What load of shit amazingly you fucked it up worse than it was. Incredible!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Kurt was a fool if he didn't know that Ashley would need help becoming unstuck. They should have had an understanding from the beginning, even if it meant divorce. The final ending was too long in coming.

bobareenobobareeno10 months ago

Enjoyed it to a degree, but it seemed to run around in circles as they tried to reconcile, becoming repetitive. The end, her brother getting his wife, he getting his brother’s wife, then his brother losing Ashley, was all rather bloodless. In the repetitions I seemed to have lost any emotional connection to any of the characters.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Minus Stars. At least 10

Stupid wimpy cuckold And slut. SHIT family.

Nuke the whole bunch But that would be to nice to them. Had to quit reading this shit!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

What a giant waste of time to read the entire story, just to get to a pitiful and fucked up ending.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Brilliant. Well written and well told.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This is the equivalent of a reliever giving up a grandslam at the end of the game. You were on the right track and moving your characters forward but then you had them take out of character actions that did not flow with how the my had previously been portrayed. You had your vision of how to end the story but you wrote the beginning for a different ending so the character activities did not align. Try having beta readers who can assist in pointing out the inconsistencies in the story as spell check does not help much for that.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x10 months ago

Captain Obvious alert! I'm a nitpicker. Many find my nitpicks obvious at best, annoying at worst. If that bothers you, please just go onto the next comment, because I won't be changing in this lifetime.

BTW, if you want to send me feedback about my comments, you might want to tell me which story so that I can look at it. I might even agree with you! I AM capable of learning, or maybe I was just having a bad day, Also, it’s hard to take you seriously when you send it anonymously.

\

Too long. I know funny coming from me with my lengthy comments, though at least here it was partially due to the length of the story.

\

"Should we say nine-thirty?" - Again, she's so anal, but couldn't remember her husband.

\

"I didn't think. I just needed to be unstuck." - I believe it's been said in other versions, but that's MAYBE fine for the first time, but after that time, why not set up a contingency plan for if/when it happens again?

\

"If I'd had my phone turned on that day, I'm sure I would have thought of you. I would have asked you to drive up to RCA." - Again, that explains the FIRST time, why do it again, again and again?

\

Again, I know it's been asked before, but when she had her meeting, why didn't ANYONE, certainly her boss, suggest calling her husband?

\

I like his answers to why she continued to use Chad.

\

"He was extremely unhappy about my discretion and judgment" - Or lack thereof!

\

"But you must know I'd never call on him ever again?" - Why not? She called on him three more times after the initial "emergency" fuck.

\

There lives went on like that for WEEKS before she showed him test results that were expected within a week? Then TWO weeks after she returned she entered his room?

\

With him unable to fuck her, what's going to happen if she needs "unblocking?" Will the need to keep another man away trigger something in him?

\

"I... we just... Got confirmation two days ago." - That means that it was planned before that, with no input from Kurt, and why not tell him two days ago?

\

Another condition is that if she DOES need unblocking, that's all she gets. She doesn't go out with the guy, minimal, if any, foreplay, after they come, he or she leaves.

\

Screwed things up having him sleep with Melinda. Knocks him a bit off the high ground. He definitely should have called Ashley to ask her about Tom.

\

His father was unfair to Kurt. Yes, he was wrong to sleep with Melinda, but he'd been put through the wringer for months, through no fault of his own.

\

"You started this, and then you've been having sex with Tom since." - Has that been stated explicitly? urt and Melinda suspect, and Tom expressed his love for Ashley, but I don't think it's actually been said that they fucked.

\

"I'd owe her my happiness" - He owes Melinda his happiness, not Ashley.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x10 months ago

Comments =

\

@Tx77Tumbleweed - I don't necessarily justify their adultery, but they were pretty much pushed to the breaking point. They never would have been looking at each other or anyone else if not for Tom and Ashley.

\

@GigJohn601, "Stuck" refers to her working on a problem, initially it was with her dissertation, later it was finding a cure for Tom's cancer, and reaching a point where she couldn't see a way around the problem.

\

@Gamblinluck, I don't recall him having the option to work remotely.

\

A couple of comments pointed out that their father was dead, from the same cancer that Tom had, so how could he be there?

\

My favorite one was where they got divorced, Tom was killed in an accident, and Kurt ended up with Melinda.

cookingwithgascookingwithgas10 months agoAuthor

Well, I suppose it was bound to happen eventually, but the embarrassment runs deep for me. Missing the fact that Kurt's father passed away in the author's original piece, is an essential element not to be overlooked, and critical to a writer trying to maintain continuity in an alternative ending. It's inexcusable. So I offer my very humble apologies, to all the readers, to Imhapless, and to my followers, and will strive to never make that kind of error again.

JustOneMansOpinionJustOneMansOpinion10 months ago

Weird. Didn't like the ending. Just too weird.

OvercriticalOvercritical10 months ago

Laborious to put it mildly. I could never actually empathize with any of the characters in this "ending". Ashley was definitely a "one-of-a-kind" genius and had to be treated as something unique and Kurt wasn't up to it. I don't know if ordinary people in a case of infidelity could overcome this situation, but these people couldn't. I've always been a fan of second chances for violations of trust, but since I've never really been in that situation I don't know if I could carry it off. A complex tale of complex people who really didn't know how to make it all work. Maybe this is the best solution. A reluctant 4* rating.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc10 months ago

I respect the effort put into this sequel and the first half did an outstanding job describing Kurt’s pain. The back half was a shit show of having well developed characters act completely contrary to who/what the reader was led to believe. 3.8*

JohnSimmsJohnSimms10 months ago

I enjoyed your writing but I had to crack up with 'ghost' dad's slap and then later blackmailing Ashley into divorce for the sake of the family! I can kinda buy into the 'genius' that is capable of compartmentalizing her 'love' in pursuit of her goals. She always had a 'god' complex and Kurt (or anyone) could not deter her from her goals. Tom falling for his savior isn't a stretch nor the ultimate failure of the second marriage. Thanks for writing and posting.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A drug company? A multi-million dollar cure and they could not afford the money to occasionally fly in the lead scientist's husband to get her unstuck? A twelve hour drive translates to a 90 minute flight. They didn't need to explain, just make is a condition for her continued work. Geniuses they were not. A savant is smart in one are. At best, their category.

And he knew what she needed to get unstuck. Why would he not anticipate her (bullshit) "need to take one for science". That is a question I did not see in your sequel. And then start fucking his brother and not sticking to their agreement. And of course it was not to get unstuck. Ever.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Pretty dumb characters all around.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x10 months ago

@Anonymous Re: the drive - It wasn't a 12-hour drive. It was 150 miles, a 3-hour drive.

WhoGivesAShitWhoGivesAShit10 months ago

I liked how it played out. Swapping marriages and families is certainly rare but has a factual basis: google “Mike Kekich and Fritz Peterson”. Now the father didn’t have to broker the marriages, and Kurt had good reason if he’d chosen to throw Ashley under the bus. If nothing else Kurt should have informed Beltran’s wife.

King_MacAulayKing_MacAulay10 months ago

I wasn't expecting a lot from this story just because I had read three others and thought, "Where else is there to go?". Well I thought you dove appropriately deep and found a really good story within the characters. Probably some of your best writing yet.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I wonder how it is that the narcissistic and selfish Tom, after his divorce from Ashley, did not come up with the idea to demand that Kurt also get a divorce to return Melinda to him?

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I would kick my dad to the next county if he tried to meddle in my affairs that way.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Enjoyed it, but with the MC's attitude Ashley should have called it quits long before the end of their marriage.

cyendreycyendrey10 months ago

A good story overall, but…

The MC wallowed in self pity and passive aggressive behavior that was as destructive as his wife’s infidelity and self importance. I was beginning to hope someone would off him before the author had the father take charge and rescue the story.

Karn9Karn910 months ago

Excellent ending to this story. Great thoughts and discussions between the characters. 5*

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

You ruined it in page 5 with Kurt becoming a cheater. Would of been a more complete stpry if they remained faithful then burn the cheating cunt and the ungrateful bastard.

This is the story equivalent of saying "so we have this amazing scientist that can make the world better for everyone and bring himanity into the next era, but in order for him to create that we have to let him/her abuse, rape, strangle and ultimately kill 3 children every time he/she gets stuck."

Over the course of that person's life at most 10.000 children will suffer and die a horrible death at his/her hands, however billions of lives will be better.

With this story you're essentially saying fuck those 10.000 give the person what he/she needs.

And you clearly pointed out the god complex that arises and grows even faster once you allow this shit.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

This deserves an alternate non/consent ending where after she says that "she has needs" he starts planning for her to go suddenly missing.

End result being a few months of rape then no anesthetic surgery, just something to paralyse her, to remove her breasts, uterus, vagina, clitoris, labia, asshole, everything that can possibly giver her sexual pleasure.

After that have her sent to an underground lab where she will spend the rest of her life and every time she gets stuck she gets fucked in her colostomy hole and mouth. Or just something degrading and humiliating.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

That is the most fucked up family. I would have punched my Dad in the face cold cock for having the audacity to pull that Bull Shit at the end.

The principals are despicable folks. Plain and simple. She should have brought hubby on trips with her. They didn't need his income. Solution was right in front of them.

mattenwmattenw10 months ago

I can't find anything convincing about your end of story.

Your protagonists may have a high IQ, but they are and always will be idiots. And the father of the broken family knocks everything out. An arrogant asshole like him allows himself to dictate to his adult children how they should live their lives. I would have accepted his offer to ban him from my life immediately.

Lawrie1941Lawrie194110 months ago

4 stars only because Kurt was depicted as and was a wimp. The writing is fine I just couldn’t wrap myself around the nuances of the story.

danbo56danbo5610 months ago

I liked this story can't say I loved it but still I enjoyed I hate Anonymous comment put a name to them or keep them to yourself just my opinion 4 stars for me

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Although I normally enjoy your writing, I didn’t this one, she’s a cheating slut, why so much soul searching? Beltran arsehole meets with a sudden fatal accident and slut gets more pain. MC is just a mega wimp

Snakedoctor47Snakedoctor4710 months ago

I thought this would end in reconciliation, and was hoping for it. I enjoy yoyr writing, but was disappointed at the ending.

schulz777schulz7779 months ago

So many pages for nothing, this is the most stupid version of that story ever

2starrs

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

OMG. So Ashley is truly a slut. The Kurt was an indecisive wimp. He should have dumped her the minute she got back and made the whole thing public, including to his family and Tom, the press and sued RCA. He should have ruined Carl’s life, told his wife and fucked her for revenge. At least at the end Ashley gets divorced while Tom lives happily ever after. Which hardly fits with his character. Would he ever have been happy with Ashley even if she hadn’t used someone else to stick it to her to get unstuck? I doubt he’d have been happy with the fame and the travel and separation. I know I wouldn’t. Absence makes the heart grow fonder? Up to a point, maybe. But month on end? If it was me I’d never talk to mom, dad, Tom or Ashley again. Wouldn’t be in the same room with any of them. He. Let everyone think she was a hero. Had she been a decent person she would have gathered the whole family at the celebration for Tom’s cure and let everyone know what she had done, her quirk, and how she cheated her husband to get it - for the greater good. Instead she’s despicable for hiding the truth from the family. Sure the truth coming out immediately would have hurt but hiding it and let her husband take all the pain and making he be the bad guy… what a selfish bitch.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

how in the hell do you take a shit story, make a new ending and make it even shittier then the original?... jesus

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Danbo56, take your opinion and shove it where the sun don't shine. This forum is open to anonymous commenters and those of you sainted individuals who have user names alike. Or maybe you expect us to believe that danbo56 is your real name?

/

This story was well written and enjoyable to read for the most part but in the final analysis I really couldn't see why it needed to be six pages long. Interesting ending, though.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

I think Ashley was delusional if she thought she loved her husband and could repair her marriage on the road. Too much temptation and opportunity. I knew it was over once I heard she was traveling.

Also, fundamentally, this version never successfully addresses the main issue in the original story. Her excuse of fucking Beltran in the first place was always bogus. She claims she got into a type of "space station mentality" and forgot her husband could "unstick" her. This never tracked because they regularly talked on the phone, AND HE WAS ONLY THREE HOURS AWAY. Are you telling me the brother was only three hours away from death, and she couldn't wait for Kurt to come? Absolutely ridiculous, and this version doesn't even try to address it. Still a fail.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Started out as a half-decent continuation, but it went to total shit in the end. I mean a stupider ending would be hard to come by.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Good story, tightly woven and very emotive. So for the emotions, MC is a weak boi turd; things arent working, wife and bro gone for mths at a time together, and he refuses to get proof that shes fucking around even though hes getting all the hinky vibes of bad behavior on her part. She told him she had her needs implying directly that he wasnt up to satisfying those needs, that means that she like ALL women who 1- have needs, 2- "have" to do something to assuage those needs and 3-"wants" to do some strange to fix the need and the selfish desire for a ginormous dick which despite her "loving" her man, he didnt have the amount of meet needed to fix her cuntal void, desires, wants. This is all part of the LW trope that

{{{ if you love me, youll let me do this, it wont mean a thing and when its all over and its run its course, we'll go back to the way it was before i cheated}}}. he works 50hrs/wk, he has enuf money to pay a PI just is like all democrap manbois or boimen cant cant face reality or make a hard decision. no wonder the defeat/exit/runaway runaway from afganistan went tits up. rk

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Amazing how much time you save yourself by skimming the 1st and last page and then read the comments. 1*

ScaliaScalia7 months ago

It was not that bad. Unrealistic, but not that bad, No one solves marital problems by constantly traveling. The biggest mistake was Ashley outing herself to the family ASAP.

Anyone who is as famous as Ashley could make all sorts of unreasonable demands and have them met. Anyone who wants to talk face to face with her, you come to her, not vice-versa. You want her to work on your cancer project, you build the lab here. If she wants to work strictly 9-5, she works 9-5. You want her to speak at your conference, set up a studio here and let her speak from home. If she has to travel somewhere, I.e., she wins the Noble Prize, husband always travels with her.

Of course I am talking what I would do in real life, not a fictionalized world.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I liked it. Was hoping that they would get back together, after all she did cure a cancer.

TwmatthewsTwmatthews6 months ago

I didn't think this was very realistic. Specifically, characters that change their personality in the middle of the story or when the plot leaves the tracks and veers off into other areas make the story less realistic to me. For example, there's no way they would make Ashley do all that traveling when she could be inventing and refining. The idea that they would need Tom to do all of that travel is equally unrealistic. And finally, if she really wanted to fix her marriage she would either insist her husband accompany her or she would quit and get another job,

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This was just a trainwreck... went completely against the original story. There at least the wife had genuine remorse. Here it just got stupid with all the traveling. And the traveling isn't even realistic for her. She is about scientific research. Tom travling as a poster boy, ok sure. But her? No way except to occasional conference. As in the original two stories she ended up at a premier research institute.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

The father lost all credibility when he physically assaulted his son for the egregious infraction of expressing displeasure with his mother because she reflexively sided with Ashley over the son in a conflict about which neither parent had a clue. The father attempts to enforce a physically and emotionally abusive tyranny over his family, which unfortunately the author seems to find acceptable. Unless the sons and daughter were dependent upon their presumed sperm donar for employment in a family business or were counting on a huge inheritance, they would have jettisoned the craven asshole from their lives as soon as possible after they became adults.

Kernow2023Kernow20234 months ago

sorry didn't like this ending to the story , she was deluded and career struck

smmhomesmmhome4 months ago

I appreciate your writing, but this story felt... off. I lost interest in Kurt as a protagonist when he allowed his parents to control/dictate so much of his life... even readily acquiescing to dad's plan for his divorce and marriage. Wow. I lost all respect I had for Kurt when his daddy told him how to handle his relationship(s). If the father is going to drive so much of the plot during the story's climax, shouldn't the father be the protagonist?

inka2222inka22224 months ago

I think this is the best ending to the original story so far. The only one that easily got 5 stars. For me it was MC getting a child of his own with the new wife that sealed it

drbenchpress66drbenchpress663 months ago

So I definitely think if she really gave a shit she easily could’ve canceled all the talk shows and tv appearances lmfao. The lab visits is more justifiable, but she really left to go be famous and professed to wanting the marriage to survive. Although I gotta say it got a bit too redundant for me. Like 3-4 pages of just “I can’t figure out a way to save our marriage.” “Me either” “Ok I might be fuckin your brother now but you won’t know till the end” -insert lw ending where husband ends up ‘happier’ with different woman

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Life is indeed strange, but this story just sucks. Not a single redeemable character except maybe the kids.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

Ashley did not think she did anything wrong. Period end of the sentence. She looked at her tryist as just another part of the research. I believe most of her actions had nothing to do with the guilt or bring sorry. She just played the game and in the end was just a selfish person. I wish the story would have found a way to elaborate on her life after the divorces. I bet she just flitted from one situation to another and did follow any impulse that she fancied.

RuttweilerRuttweiler2 months ago
Pictures in your head...

This common trope of "I can't ever have sex with you again because I have pictures in my head of you fucking another guy!" is really a red herring. If it were true, then men could only ever marry virgins. Think that's stupid? I do too.

Imagine your wife fucking your best friend. Don't like that picture in your head? Imagine her fucking some guy you hate. Really get THAT picture in your head.

So, does this mean you can't ever have sex with your wife again? Now you have to divorce her, 'cause now you have a vile picture of her in your head?

You say it's not reasonable, that she did nothing wrong? True, but that's not what we're talking about here. We're just taking about disgusting images of your wife in your head, preventing you from being attracted to her.

So I guess it's not pictures in your head after all. I wish writers would just stop with that ridiculous trope. I think it's more likely fear of being able to measure up.

1 star, for exceptional silliness.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

It is a decent tale. Your MC is simply an indecisive moron and not the type of male I would ever associate with and a poor example as a realistic husband MC..He simply can't do anything on his own,must be lead into or directed into doing...4 stars for making it interesting to see how it turns out...JZK..

skruff101skruff1012 months ago

How to take a bad story and make it ten times worse. So that’s a no from the peanut gallery.

Schwanze1Schwanze1about 2 months ago

Read again. Well written. My main thought is, maybe if he wasn't such a pussy getting pushed around by literally everyone, life might have turned out better for him.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

Ridiculous! No one would react this way.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

God I fucking hate ruttw and the way his stupid mind reasons things. Just STFU.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 2 months ago

So much for Ashley 'being patient'.

I wonder if we believe she fucked Tom at the CDC banquet.

fredbrownfredbrownabout 1 month ago

Don't care for any of the characters in this tale, I'da booked the minute I saw Ash and Beltran hooked up. Dear ole brother can have his cancer back for all I care ......

SeaChangerSeaChangerabout 1 month ago

Ashley poisoned by fame. Family poisoned by Ashley.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usercookingwithgas@cookingwithgas
Romance novelist, under pen name K.L. Denison. You can follow me on Amazon, KDP and coming soon on SmashWords Like writing and posting free stories for others' enjoyment - often just to clear a writer's block. Real life can be pretty boring, so I strive to avoid the common ...