Forever My Love Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Gustavo gave a chuckle.

"You've heard very well, Mrs. Paola, I am a very tough businessman." He moved his hand and wrapped it around Ben's shoulder. "But this young man whom you're calling is a boy is tougher than he looks. He's made so many business decisions that have saved my company the last years I have been with him and I don't make many important decisions without his consultation. I don't see the future of my company without him."

Ben gave a mocking smile at Claudia and he saw the woman frown.

"It's okay." Ben spoke fiercely. "I know it's hard to believe but I am actually tougher than I look. My experiences in life have taught me to be tough and smart." He slowly diverted his eyes to the man that never tore his eyes away from him. "So, David, I have heard a lot about Villa Paola and it's one of the most famous Villas in the country and I have just been curious about it."

"Yeah!" He took a harsh breath, licking his lips. "It is a family gem and it has grown so much over the years." He began explaining about how beautiful it was, showing Ben some pictures of the villa. The two would burst into laughter. At some point, David totally forgot that there were people there with them.

"Wow! So what I have heard is true."

"It is actually much better in person." David commented. "I could give you a tour of the villa if you want."

"Errr.... I don't think that would be a good idea." Jim said abruptly, clinging tightly to David's arm. "Pretty sure that he's a very busy man. Aren't you?" He asked with a frown on his face.

"Not at all." Ben answered to Jim's annoyance. "Tomorrow morning around 10. I will meet you there."

With those words, he rose from the chair. "Once again, Welcome to the company."

"It is my pleasure."

"Excuse me. I have to be somewhere."

He quickly turned and lost the smile on his face. He began rushing out of there because he felt suffocated.

"Excuse me!" Claudia slowly got up. "I need to use the ladies room."

She too left.

Carlos cleared his throat, his eyes directed at David. "Mr. Paola, just out of curiosity, are you a loyal guy? Do you consider yourself as the type of man that would die for something that he loves?"

David blinked rapidly, trying to process the question he was asked. "Well... I consider myself as not only a loyal person but a trustworthy person. I never make promises that I cannot keep. My family can attest to that. I would never betray the people that are close to me because when I love something, I love it whole heartedly."

"Is that so?" Carlos raised an eyebrow. "What would you say to a guy that abandoned someone that he claimed to love? Somebody that sacrificed his life and his family just to be with him? But when all hope seemed lost, he left him on his death bed and married someone else."

Jim's skin prickled with a clammy cold sweat, goosebumps rising like a constellation of fear, as if his body sought to shield itself from impending danger. His heart throbbed so hard that he thought he was gonna have a heart attack.

David on the other hand felt like a fist was slowly closing over his heart. He suddenly got weak and didn't even know when the sadness took over him or where it came from. Carlos' made him emotional.

"He's a coward!" He said simply, his voice low and cold. "Such men do not deserve to live. They don't deserve anything good in their lives. Someone who sacrifices his life for you deserves to be happy. If I was in his shoes, I would do anything to ensure that my love gets better even if I have to sacrifice myself. He sacrificed himself once for me and the least I could do is ensure his happiness."

Carlos nodded, smiling at the man. "You couldn't have put it in a better way." He raised a glass to him. "Cheers!"

David nodded and picked up his glass. If only he knew that the question Carlos had asked him was actually his past.

***

Ben was walking towards his car when suddenly, his arm was furiously pulled and he was turned. He found himself staring into Claudia's crazed look. The ridges of her neck were dangerous pronounced and her cheeks flamed with anger.

"What do you think you're doing?" She snapped. "Trying to lay a trap for my son? I have warned you before and I am not going to repeat myself. Stay away from my son and my family." She yelled, pointing her finger angrily in his face. "I don't need to remind you what happened five years ago. My son made his decision and married the boy that he knew would make him happy. He is happily married and he doesn't need hoes like you hovering over him. So, if I were you, I would reject that proposal. Do I make myself clear?"

Ben slowly released his arm from Claudia's grip, raising an eyebrow.

"Of course, one would never forget the threat I received from you six years ago." He said with a sigh. "It would also be hard to forget the slap that came with it. And most of all, it would be very hard to forget my unfortunate incident. But you're wrong, I am not after your son. He's all in my past and I have no interest in him."

"Liar!" Her voice pierced the air like shards of glass. "You were clearing trying to seduce him right in front of his husband. How shameless can you be?"

Ben burst into laughter. "Let me remind you that I didn't follow you at your company, you did. I only took advantage of the situation because I am a businessman and I know very well that David is a very hardworking man. He's gonna be an asset to our company."

"Don't think I don't see through you." Claudia warned.

"Honestly, I don't care." Ben shrugged. "You can choose to see through me all you want, but it still won't change the fact that I have already approved David's business proposal and now it's all up to him to sign the contract or not. You can convince him not to. Oh wait..." He gasped in mock astonishment, chirping at her. "...you can't, can you? Otherwise, you would have done that long ago."

He got closer and stared into her face, wearing a stern face.

"I know you don't like me, but I am not fond of you either. In this situation, you're just gonna have to tolerate me being near your son. Welcome to the company...." He paused and wore an evil grin. "...Claudia!"

With a laugh, he opened his car and drove off, leaving Claudia looking lost.

***

Jim furiously entered the living room, feeling like he was carrying such heavy load. He tore through the room, overturning furniture in a fit of bling rage, the sound of the splintering wood and shattering glass punctuating his uncontrollable outburst.

"Fuck!" He screamed, clearing the table of the ornaments that were there.

"What's going on?" Elena asked as she rushed down the stairs.

She was shocked when she found herself panting and looking like he just escaped from a predator. His eyes were blood red and the veins on his neck were so prominent, almost as if someone was strangling him. She rushed to him and held his arms.

"Baby?" She gasped, her eyes widening. "What's wrong, my love? Talk to mommy."

"He's ruining my life once again, mom." He screamed, gripping his hair angrily. "That bitch is out to ruin my marriage and I feel like killing him. He knows exactly how much David means to me and he's trying to get to him."

"Calm down!" Elena said as she rubbed his shoulders. "That isn't gonna happen."

"You have no idea what he's done, mom." He snapped. "You saw him yesterday and you know that he's changed. I was so sure that seeing David, they wouldn't approve of his business proposal and it was working. Until that bitch arrived and changed everything. Right now, as we speak, David is already part of the company and that means they'll be seeing each other more, they'll be working together and I am just so scared, mom. The worst part of it all is that David offered to showed him the villa and..."

"What?" Elena's eyes widened. "Tell me you're joking."

He shook his head, furiously rubbing a tear that went down his cheek.

"Mom, I am so scared." He sniveled. "If David remembers anything from before our marriage, everything is gonna be over. There will be nothing keeping him close to me anymore."

"Shhhh..." She wrapped her arms around him, trying to make him feel better. "None of that is gonna happen, baby. David loves you and you gave him a very beautiful family. There's no way he's gonna leave you and he won't remember anything."

Jim slowly raised his head and looked at her. "The day we went out for lunch, I think he saw him there and he had a flash back. I don't know how true this is but..." He paused and took a harsh breath. "...Amber told me that he told her about a boy he saw that might be connected to his past."

Elena's breath came in shallow gasps, chest rising and falling rapidly as if the weight of her fear threatened to suffocate him.

"Are you sure? This could be Amber playing tricks on you."

"No!" He shook his head. "Amber couldn't have known what had happened unless he told her. And you should have seen the way he was staring at him today, like he wanted to kiss him. The last five years, I've never seen my husband look at any man like that, worst of all, in my presence. I feel so helpless because I cannot say anything without triggering his suspicion."

"Shit!" She said under her breath. "Okay, listen to me, my love. We're gonna have to make sure that that doesn't happen. David must not remember his life with Ben no matter what. And they must not be in a place together alone. Do I make myself clear?"

"How do I do that?"

Elena chuckled, cupping her son's cheeks.

"Sometimes you forget whose son you are. Leave it to me. Just follow my lead and everything is gonna be fine." She slowly rubbed his tears. "Now come on, stop shading those tears and stop being scared. You're smarter than that boy and you've got an advantage here. We're gonna hit him where he doesn't suspect. He'll go back to where he came from in no time."

Jim tried his best to smile although he wasn't fooling anyone. As mother and son were embracing each other....

"What's going on here?" A deep manly voice asked, getting their attention.

It was Jerome and he was looking around the room, trying to understand what had happened. When he saw his son crying, he hurried to him and tried to touch him but Elena angrily pushed him away. He stood a distance, staring at her like he had seen a ghost.

"Are you crazy?"

"You should be happy." Elena chuckled bitterly, rising from the couch like she had been sitting on hot coals. "You should be very happy and proud of yourself. Once again, your illegitimate son is back to make my poor son's life miserable."

"What?" To say he was confused would be an understatement. "What are you talking about? What's going on?"

"Well, your stupid illegitimate son is once again trying to take advantage of my son's husband." She yelled. "She was flirting with him right in front of him. But you should be rejoicing right now because he's following in that bitch's footsteps, like mother like son."

Jerome glanced at his son and saw the tears in his eyes.

"Jim, is this true?"

"You think I am lying?" Elena snapped. "You think I would be acting crazy over nothing?"

"No! I just don't see any reason why Ben would do that."

"Are you defending him?" She gasped, failing to believe her ears. "Wow! Your son is right there, suffering and you're busy defending someone that has hurt him. What kind of father are you? Instead of you to be protecting your son, you're busy defending that good for nothing gold-digging bitch!"

"He's my son too!" He snapped.

Elena felt a shiver run down her spine, a tingling sensation that spread like wildfire. She stood there, feeling the energy leave her. Jim on the other hand sat there, trying to process what he had heard from his father.

"Ben is my son." He said in between breaths. "Right now, I don't want what happened six years ago to repeat itself. I lost one of my sons to a senseless act of anger and I had no idea where he had been the last six years. I told him so many hurtful things and he probably hates me right now, Elena. Not a day passed by that I didn't wish I could turn back the hands of time and resolved the issue between my sons. Maybe, just maybe... we wouldn't have reached where we are."

"Are you serious?" Elena snapped.

"I have never been so serious my whole life." She knew from that look on his face that he wasn't joking. "Parents are supposed to be the guide for their children and I failed my child when I was supposed to do that. My son for the last six years grew up without me. I don't know what happened and how he got into the company."

Elena raised an eyebrow.

"He hurt your son." She yelled, furiously pointing at Jim. "Just look at him over there. Does he look fine to you? Does he look like someone who wanna hear what you're saying? You're defending someone who is hurting him?"

Jerome sighed and moved to his son, sitting together with him on the couch. He took his hands and rubbed them sweetly.

"Jim, I am so sorry that you're going through this." He said softly, staring into those teary eyes. "But you need to understand that not everything is as it seems. It's probably not what you think. Don't think too much about it. Don't make a mistake and mistrust your husband."

He leaned forward and kissed his cheek.

"I love you so much!"

Without getting a word from him, he stood up and left without saying a word to his wife. In anger, Elena sat closer to her son, staring into his eyes.

"Don't be so stupid as to listen to your father." She said harshly. "He's not thinking straight and if you ever think of entertaining that bitch, history will repeat itself and you'll be back in this house."

Jim snorted. "Never! I will not allow Ben to return to our lives even if it's the last thing I do, mom. I will not allow my father and him to reconcile. As far as I am concerned, I am the only legitimate Henandez and I only have the right to the Henandez wealth. My father already said he'll will everything to me and that is the way it will remain."

He stood up and angrily rubbed his tears.

"Ben! These are the last tears that I'll shed because of you." He vowed, clenching his fists at his sides. "It's time I started protecting what belongs to me, starting with my husband. I'll make sure that I hurt you where it hurts the most. Get ready for me."

Hearing her son's words, an evil swept across Elena's face. She knew it was only gonna be a matter of time before she drove Ben to where he belonged. That was a promise.

***

"Of course," Ben said excitedly as he stared at the laptop screen. "I am looking at it right now and can't believe that Leah has already been sold out in just a day. This is crazy." He laughed.

'We've just recorded the highest sales in a day for any brand since the start of this company.' Gustavo said happily on the other end. 'And it's because of you. Thank you so much, Ben. Thank you for being a part of this company and all your hard work.'

"You don't have to thank me. You're the one that gave me an opportunity to show case my skill and it paid off."

Gustavo laughed on the other end. "Okay, let's not get emotional. I'mma go and then I'll meet you later. Take care.'

"You too."

He cut the call and began checking out the reviews on the website. It seemed like everyone loved the new brand and were asking for more. He was so happy that he couldn't wipe the smile from his face.

Ben was in his office, feeling like he was on the moon. His eyes crinkled at the corners, lines etched by countless smiles, as if happiness had left a permanent mark on his face, a map of joyous moments lived. As he was still reviews, he heard a knock on the door and he immediately told the person to come inside.

Ben didn't even raise his face. He knew it was his assistant.

"Janine, you did very well to come in. I have something that I want you to do."

"Ben!" A shaky manly voice spoke.

Ben felt a shiver run down his spine, a tingling sensation that spread like a wildfire. His eyes quickly moved up and when he saw him standing there, he felt his heart miss a beat and his breaths seize. Without even realizing it, he quickly stood up as his breaths returned, harsh and shaky.

"Dad!" He said abruptly.

Jerome's heart pounded like a wild drum, the rapid beats reverberating through his chest as adrenaline surged through his veins fueling his anticipation. Laughter bubbled from deep within him as his arms slowly opened up and tears built in his eyes.

"Ben, my son."

"Don't call me that." Ben said harshly, pointing at him. "What the hell are you doing here? How did you even get here? Get out before I call security."

"Ben, please, my son... I need to talk to my son. It's your father."

"We have nothing to talk about." His voice was dull and distant. "I was just caught off guard when I called you dad. I could no longer see you the same way as I did years ago since you broke all ties with me, Mr. Henandez."

Jerome's eyes glistened with unshed tears. The world seemed muted and colorless as the memories of all the sad things he had said to his son burdened him all over again.

"Ben, please, I understand and I am so sorry." He tried to move closer but the boy stopped him. "I was angry and I spoke out of anger. There was a lot that was going on at the time and...."

"I don't wanna hear any explanation from you." He snapped, furiously rubbing a tear that was going down his cheek. "Have you forgotten so soon? Have you forgotten what you said to me? You regretted that I was I born. You wished you hadn't met my mother. You wished you hadn't brought me into your home or showed me the same love as you did your son. Isn't that right?"

Jerome's eyes held a distant longing. His eyes reflected a vast expanse of emotions too complex to be contained within a single tear.

"Ben, please, I have gone through a lot these past few years. If you give me a chance, I will make it right."

Ben burst into laughter, more tears decorating his face.

"Wow! You think you've been through a lot?" He asked, pointing angrily at him. "What about me? Do you know what happened to me after I left the house? Do you know where I was? Do you know what happened to me after David left me for your precious son? You've got no freaking idea so please..."

"Ben... understand, being a parent is not an easy thing and we make mistakes."

"You think? A father should be able to protect his child no matter what. He shouldn't say those hurtful things that you did that day." He sniveled. "But you were just glad your problem was gone and you had your perfect family." He furiously rubbed his face and leaned on the table, closer to his father. "I have already considered you dead. So, I suggest you go back to your family and forget you had a son called Ben."

"Please," Jerome dropped to one knee. "Do not do this. Not a day has passed that I haven't regretted what I said to you. I have been suffering. You wouldn't understand the love a parent has for a child but in future you will, Ben. Please..."

"Don't talk to me about fatherhood." He slammed his hand against the table, making Jerome abruptly rise. "You have no idea what I have been through or what I have lost. As someone that has already lost a child, I know how it feels to yearn for a child every day, wishing you'd return to that moment and given your life for hers. That's why a parent who truly loves their child cannot leave them alone or disown them. You never loved me. You only pitied me."

To say Jerome was surprised would be an understatement.

"What- what are you talking about?" He stuttered, a frown appearing on his face. "A child?"

By the time Ben realized what he had said, it was too late. He had burst out in anger and told Jerome about the child.

"I have nothing to talk to you about anymore. Just go back to your family." He sniveled. "After what happened, I will never be able to see you in the same way again. As far as I am concerned, both my parents are dead."