Forever My Love Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"hmmmm...." Ben raised an eyebrow. "...says the hunk himself."

"Hunk?" Brandon burst into laughter. "Me?"

"Have you looked at yourself in the mirror?" Ben asked. "I am pretty sure that a lot of men are throwing themselves at you."

"Yeah... but it's not every day you find a Ben." He teased.

Ben laughed at the top of his voice. The man was making him feel better and he appreciated it. As the night unfolded, Brandon and Ben continued to share stories, reminiscing about the good times they once had together. It was an amazing night and by the time they realized it, it was already too late but they still continued chatting.

***

A few days later...

*

As Ben pushed the door to the hospital room open, his breath caught in his throat. He froze in the doorway when he saw his father engaged in a heated argument with Elena. Their voices carried the weight of anger and frustration, creating an uncomfortable tension in the air. Elena was classy as usual and causing trouble as usual, he thought. He hadn't seen his father's face look like that before.

Besides them was Jim who was seated in a wheelchair, his eyes fixed on the ground. His face looked pale and he still had bruises on his face and a huge bandage that partly covered his left eye. Seeing him, Ben felt his heart get heavy.

"You think I don't care about Jim? Is that what you're saying?" Jerome asked angrily.

"It's not about what I am saying." Elena argued. "It's what's the truth here. Have you forgotten what you told me days back? You don't want to associate yourself with someone that is not your son when you have your own son with you. I will not let Jim suffer at the hands of you or Ben."

To say Jerome was surprised would be an understatement. He knew Elena was trying to cause trouble by saying all that.

"Elena, stop this nonsense." He snapped. "No matter what the truth is, Jim is still my son and I love him so. What you're saying is all in your mind and you know it. I have raised this boy since he was a baby and my love for him is not gonna change."

"Lies!" She seethed. "You wanna act like a saint now that he's awake?" She chuckled bitterly. "Okay. Are you gonna make him the sole heir of your companies? Are you gonna love him more than you love your own son? Are you gonna let everything go?"

"What?" He gasped. "How can you ask me such a thing, Elena. Ben..."

"Then I have gotten my answer." She shrugged. "You care more about Ben. It's always been like that and now that you know the truth, Jim is the one that is gonna be treated like trash. He is the one that is gonna be eating crumbs that fall from Ben's bread. Jim needs someone who's truly invested in his well-being."

Ben, standing in the doorway, felt a pang of guilt as he stared at his brother who seemed hurt. He never wanted him to experience the amount of sorrow that he did at that time.

"I mean..." She opened her arms. "...who would have thought that you'd divorce me, your wife, because of such a matter? But here we are, Jerome, and like I have always said, you're a coward."

"You can call me whatever you want. But you cannot question my love for Jim."

Elena's gaze hardened. "Your actions speak louder than words. If you truly cared about Jim, you wouldn't have broken off our marriage. If you truly cared about Jim, you wouldn't have accused him of trying to kill Ben and worse, filing a complaint against him."

Jerome's face became pale.

"You think I don't know." She yelled. "Everything is in the light and now, you cannot hide."

Ben watched as Elena's eyes flickered to him, and her expression darkened with resentment.

"Oh, and there he is." She clapped, an evil grin appearing on her face. "The star of the show has joined us. You're just in time to see the results of your work, Ben."

Then she lost the smile on her face, her chest rising and falling. Ben glanced at his brother and when their eyes met, he felt awful.

"This is all your fault," she spat, her words slicing through the tension like a knife. "You've always been the cause of our problems. Ever since you came into our lives, everything has fallen apart. I hope you're happy with what you've caused, Ben."

"Elena..." Jerome groaned.

"What?" She yelled. "Isn't it the truth? You let Ben manipulate you, and now Jim is paying the price."

"Enough!" Ben snapped, raising his hand to keep Elena quiet. "I won't let you make me the scapegoat for your problems. If your marriage is falling apart, it's not because of me. Instead of blaming me, you should take a hard look at yourself and your own actions."

Elena's eyes widened in shock at Ben's outburst, momentarily taken aback by his sudden defiance. But her shock quickly turned to anger as she bristled with indignation.

"How dare you speak to me like that!" She spat, her voice dripping with venom. "You ungrateful child! I welcomed you into this family, and this is how you repay me?"

"Am I supposed to thank you?" Ben gasped in shock. "After everything I went through in your hands? If there is anyone to be blamed for everything that is going on here, it is you. You're the one that is causing Jim the pain you're talking about. You're the genesis of all the problems because despite the revelation, no one is asking Jim to go away because no matter what, he grew up in this family. He is my brother. He is a Henandez."

Ben got closer to Elena, gazing into her face like he was searching for something.

"My father is a very good man and I actually applaud him for managing to stay with someone like you." He seethed. "I have no idea how he managed to stay with a snake like you all this time."

"How dare you!" Elena screamed, raising her hand furiously.

"Don't you dare!" Ben said harshly, catching her hand mid-air, his grip firm, but not aggressive. "Don't think that I am gonna allow you to lay your hands on me, Elena, or maybe you seem to forget what happened when last time you tried it. Don't make me remind you."

Elena, taken aback by Ben's unexpected defiance, tried to pull her hand away, but he held it firmly. "Let go of me!" she demanded, her anger escalating.

Ben's eyes bore into hers, a warning in his tone. "I should be feeling pity for you, but unfortunately, I am not. My father deserves so much better than a manipulative witch. And if you think I am gonna let you try to hurt me or my family, you're in for a big surprise."

With a final warning glance, he released her hands, and Elena stumbled back, seething with rage. She stared at Ben with so much hatred, feeling the urge to hurt him. But she knew better than to try anything in that moment.

"I am going with mom." Jim finally spoke, breaking the silence in the room. His voice was so low.

"What?" Ben gasped, shifting his eyes to him. "But Jim, I don't think you need to leave. Your place is by dad's side and you know that."

"As what?" He asked, raising his eyes to him. The hatred in his eyes couldn't be missed. "As your servant? As one of your drivers or what?"

"Why would you assume that?"

"You've ruined everything, Ben," Jim spat out, his eyes piercing into Ben's soul. "You destroyed our family, wrecked my marriage to David, and stole my happiness along with my inheritance. You're the reason for all this misery in my life."

"Jim, I never intended for any of this to happen. I've always cared about you and the family. I left this family just so that you would be happy."

Jim's bitterness was palpable as he continued, "Cared? Is that what you call it? I was happy before you came into my life, but ever since you came, my life has been in shambles. You stole David away from me, and now we're divorced. My inheritance is gone and I have nothing left."

Ben stared at Jim in disbelief. He tried to say a word but nothing came out of his mouth.

Jim's expression remained cold and unyielding. "You've always been the golden child, the one everyone loved. But behind that façade, you're just a snake. You took everything from me, and now you're trying to play the victim. I can't believe I ever thought of you as my brother."

Ben took a deep breath, trying to find the strength to stand his ground.

"Jim, you're forgetting something," he said, his voice steady. "You're in that position because you tried to run me over. So, who between us is the bitter one? Instead of me handing you over to the police right now, I am trying to reason with you. Had you succeeded, would we be having this conversation?" He asked. Jim was quiet.

"I spent years making excuses for you, covering for you, and sacrificing my own happiness for you," Ben retorted. "If you're gonna sit there and throw it all in my face, then it is not worth it. I've had enough. You can do whatever you want now. I'm done. I won't let you accuse me because of your wrong decisions. If this is how you want it to end then go ahead."

With those words, Ben turned on his heel and walked away leaving the accusations and the bitterness behind. He couldn't continue begging someone that saw nothing but the worst in him. He was expecting a baby for goodness' sake and he still had to find his other child. That was his priority.

"And his true colors come out!" Elena shrugged. "He is happy after destroying this family."

"Elena, I am done trying to convince you." Jerome sighed.

"Well, so am I." She spoke. "I hope you don't regret this one day when you realize we were the true family you had."

She took her handbag and began pushing Jim's wheelchair out of the room, an evil grin on her face. Jerome remained alone, feeling bad that one of his sons had left. But he understood and couldn't do anything. He had to work with what he had.

***

Ben walked down the hospital corridor, walking slowly as he appeared to not even be aware of his environment. His mind was a whirlwind of thoughts, lost in the labyrinth of his own contemplation. As he turned a corner, his gaze suddenly locked onto a familiar figure - David.

David appeared visibly distraught, a weight of sadness hanging over him. Without hesitation, he approached Ben with a mix of uncertainty and determination.

"Ben," he called out, his voice carrying a hint of remorse.

Caught off guard, Ben looked at David, his expression a blend of surprise and wariness.

"Can we talk? Please, it's important," he pleaded. "I know I've been bothering you a lot lately but I would love to talk to you, if you don't mind."

Ben nodded, unsure of what David wanted to talk to him about. He followed the man to Isaac's office where Isaac and Amber were. But after they arrived, they decided to give them some privacy. Ben was scared, very scared because in his mind, Amber had probably told David about his pregnancy. Ben felt a mix of emotions, unsure of what to expect.

David took a deep breath, his eyes meeting Ben's.

"Thank you so much for agreeing to talk to me. You don't have to say anything, I just want you to hear me out." He said, feeling extremely nervous.

"I've been having a lot of flashbacks recently and I've doing a lot of thinking," he began, his words heavy with sincerity. "First of all, I just wanna apologize for all the trouble that I've put you through. If not for me, Jim wouldn't have tried to kill you." He took a long break before he continued.

"Looking at the past, I've realized that I have been unfair to you. I blame myself for all the pain and misery I've caused you."

Ben remained silent, absorbing David's words with a mix of disbelief and vulnerability.

"I remember most of my time with you Ben, how happy you made me feel." He chuckled with tears welling in his eyes. "I remember choosing you over my family because you made me so happy. I remember our life together despite all the hardships we encountered but we persevered because we loved each other. We were happy. But..." He paused and sobbed. "...I also remember seeing you in that hall, staring at me. You didn't say anything to me but your eyes were pleading with me and I still chose to marry someone else.

I don't know why I did what I did, why I left you when you needed me the most." He cried. "I have tried to understand and I have come to a conclusion that I was weak. I never gave you what you deserved. I was selfish... I was a coward." He said in between sobs. "I want you to know that I'm sorry, Ben. Truly sorry. You deserved better, and I let you down."

Tears welled up in Ben's eyes, emotions swirling within him. He struggled to find the right words. He wanted to say so much, but the weight of his emotions held his tongue captive.

"Now I know why you've been so distant with me, why you don't want to do anything with me. And I deserve every hatred in this world for hurting you." He tried rubbing his tears but his face was wet again. "You gave up so much for you and when you needed me the most, I abandoned you. I am a coward and I don't deserve you. This is my punishment for leaving you."

David moved closer. Gently, he cupped Ben's face, staring into those beautiful eyes.

"I promise I won't intrude in your life anymore. I just needed you to know that I understand now," David whispered. "I just want you to find the happiness you deserve."

With a heavy heart and tears strolling down his face, Ben nodded without uttering a word. It hurt... he felt like someone was pulling on his heart. As David drew closer, his touch gentle and tender, he pressed a soft kiss to Ben's cheek, a silent promise to let him be.

"You be happy and know that I will always love you!"

That word sent a shiver down Ben's spine and he got scared. Before Ben could gather his thoughts, he heard a sharp clatter as his phone slipped from his trembling fingers, crashing to the floor. David leaned down to pick the phone for Ben but as he took the phone in his hands, the screen lit and he simply froze, his eyes widening in shock.

"What... what is this?" David stammered, his voice trembling as he stared at the screen in disbelief.

Ben glanced at the screen, seeing a picture of his lost child. "That's... that's my son the day he was born. I just got it recently."

David's world seemed to tilt on its axis as he turned to face Ben, his mind struggling to comprehend the revelation. His heart pounded in his chest and his breath caught in his throat.

"Your son? But... how?" he questioned, his voice trembling with disbelief and confusion. "I thought you said your child died years ago."

Ben shook his head. "He was stolen the day he was born. All this time, I thought my child died but he didn't."

"B-but how?" David stuttered, feeling suddenly cold. His eyes widened in disbelief. "How is this possible? This is a picture of Michael when he was a baby."

The world around Ben seemed to fade as his mind raced to comprehend the staggering revelation. His heart pounded in his chest as the reality sank in. A whirlwind of emotions - shock, disbelief, and an overwhelming sense of dreaming - collided within Ben, leaving him breathless. He took a deep, shaky breath, gripping David's hands.

"Michael is the baby in that picture?" Ben mumbled, the words escaping his lips almost like a prayer. "Are you sure?"

"I have pictures of him as a baby in my house." David was still confused. "But how can he be your son?"

"How can you have my son?" He gasped, almost breathless. "How did he end up with you?"

"I don't remember but..." He paused and took a harsh breath. "...Amber told me that mom found him at the gate of our old house."

Tears flooded Ben's face and the pain of years spent in anguish suddenly turned the disbelief that he had finally found his long lost-son. He was so overwhelmed with emotions that he found it difficult to breath. Before he knew it, he was being held in David's arms tightly. He had almost passed out.

"I need to see him." He whispered. "Please, David, take me to Michael."

David, now equally emotional, nodded in agreement. As the two stared at each other, there was something else that was emanating, a connection that neither of them didn't even knew was there.

***

Claudia stepped into the garden, the crisp air rustling the leaves and carrying the scent of blooming flowers. As her eyes scanned the familiar surroundings, they froze on a figure standing near the fountain. Her breath caught in her throat, and a wave of nervousness washed over her. What was he doing here? She hadn't seen him in years, not since that fateful day.

Claudia approached him, her steps hesitant, her mind buzzing with questions and fears. When she reached him, her voice trembled as she spoke.

"What are you doing here?" Her voice quivered. "You know how risky it is for you to be anywhere near me. Why did you come here?"

Dr. Peters looked up, fear etched across his face. "Claudia, I had to see you. It's urgent." He got closer. "I need your help. Right now, as we speak, I am a wanted man. There are some people after me and I had no choice but to come to you."

"Help? Wanted?" She frowned. "What are you talking about? What did you do?"

Dr. Peters took a deep breath, sweat dripping down his face. "The child, Claudia. The baby I gave you six years ago. Ben found out that his child didn't die and now he has some people chasing me."

Claudia's blood turned to ice in her veins.

"W-what? How did that happen?"

"I don't know." Dr. Peters shook his head. "I was surprised to see him at my hospital with the nurse that helped him when he was pregnant. I have been running ever since and I almost got caught. They're closing in on me, on us."

Claudia staggered back, her world spinning as the full weight of his words sank in. Her heart began racing and she became visibly distressed. She remembered that day, clear as day, when she had made plans to steal her grandson. Why now? They couldn't know the truth, she thought.

"What do you mean on us?" She stammered. "Last time I checked, I paid you to keep your mouth shut. Our deal ended a long time ago and we said we weren't gonna see each other or contact each other. You shouldn't have come here."

"I had no choice!" He sighed. "If I get caught, you will get caught. I have a family and I can't just put them in trouble, madam. You're gonna have to help me get out of this. You're my only hope."

Claudia's eyes in disbelief at the revelation. She knew the danger they were both in.

"We can't talk here," Claudia whispered, glancing around cautiously. "It's too risky. You need to go into hiding, and I'll find a way to contact you. We'll figure this out."

Before Dr. Peters could respond...

"Mom!"

Claudia froze in fear as she heard her son's voice right behind her. The curiosity in his voice sent chills down her spine. Her heart raced, panic settling in. She turned slowly, finding him near her. Her mind raced, her thoughts a jumble of fear and desperation.

"Mom? Who is this man?"

"This is... an old friend, sweetheart. We were just catching up. Why don't you go inside for a moment?" She stuttered, her hands trembling.

David stood there, staring at the man with his eyes narrowed. "He looks familiar." He said. "Have I met him before?"

Claudia tried to think fast but...

"Dr. Peters?" Ben's voice came, filled with recognition. "What are you doing here? What's going on?"

The color drained from Claudia's face as the truth unraveled before her. Her hands trembled as she met Dr. Peters' horrified gaze, the realization crashing down on them both. Ben came into view together with Amber and Isaac who were equally surprised. In that moment, they knew that their past had caught up with them in the most devastating way possible.

"You know him?" Amber gasped, a frown appearing on his face.

"He is the man I've been looking for." He said, his eyes not leaving the obviously trembling man. "I wanted to ask him about my lost child but he ran away. I've been looking for him ever since and he's been hiding."