Fraternal Twins Pt. 12

Story Info
The family interviews Nanny's for the young children.
6.2k words
4.67
24.1k
32
6

Part 12 of the 16 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 02/16/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,085 Followers

Author's Note: Sorry for how long this took, but I was having a bit of a block concerning this story line. So... I worked on some others until the block was smashed. Hope you enjoy this part. There will be more, I just don't know when. I plan on taking this right up until dad dies... plus a part or two after that event. I hope his death doesn't bum you out, but that happens to everyone sometime in their life.

Part 12 ~~~~~

Slater woke for the first time without someone in bed with him. He smiled as he heard the kids in the kitchen with their mother. He lay there wondering if he could go back to sleep when Karen was standing over him smiling. He smiled back at her.

"Time to get up, brother," she said softly.

"I know, I know," Slater said swinging his legs over the side of the bed onto the floor.

He rubbed his face with his hands then reached out and pulled Karen to him and hugged her. She put her hand on his head gently tousling his hair. He let go of her, she stepped back.

"I love you," Slater told her.

"I love you, too, brother," Karen said. She turned and left his room closing the door to the bathroom behind her.

Slater didn't hear the lock click but did hear the shower start. He shook his head, got up and went downstairs. He would use the bathroom down there to relieve himself. He was chuckling as he left his room. Once finished in the bathroom, Slater headed to the kitchen. The kids were just finishing their breakfast. The three of them said good morning to their older brother.

"Good morning to you all too," Slater said back.

Mom, stood there smiling at her oldest son with a frying pan in her hand. She pushed the eggs and bacon out on a plate in front of where Slater would sit. He smiled back at her.

"Thanks, mom," he said picking up his fork.

"You're welcome, sweetheart," Eileen replied.

Slater sat and began eating. He sipped his coffee, which his mom brought over to him. He smiled at her, she smiled back at him. He watched her as he ate. She was so beautiful, so young looking. He just couldn't keep her out of his thoughts and he knew he should. They had no future together, except as mother and son. The same went for his sister. They could be lovers for as long as either wanted, but there was no future between them either.

Karen came down all fresh smelling. She kissed her mom on the cheek as she sat down. She smiled at her brother. Mom pushed some eggs and bacon on to her plate and set a cup of orange juice in front of each of them. All three grinned.

"Where's dad?" Karen asked.

"He was up early this morning. He's out on the deck. He has a doctor's appointment today so we will be gone all this afternoon," Eileen said sitting down with the twins.

Both of them nodded as she ate. Eileen just sipped coffee from the mug in front of her.

"You two will have to watch the kids for me if that's okay with you?" she asked.

"Of course," Karen said as Slater nodded with a full mouth.

The twins finished their meal in silence as their mother just stared at her coffee. Slater and Karen looked at each other and frowned. Both were worried about their mother. They hoped she didn't fall apart when dad passed away. They knew he only had weeks unless his cancer went into remission, which would be a miracle.

When Slater was done, he took his dishes to the sink and rinsed them. He poured himself another cup of coffee and sat back at the table. Karen did the same when she finished only she got herself another glass of orange juice. Both sat at the table with their mother. She finally came back to now and looked at them as they watched her.

"Have you thought about nanny's?" Slater asked.

"No, not yet. I thought I would call this morning."

"Well, it's almost no longer morning," said Karen.

"Mom, I'll take care of getting them here for an interview, if that's okay with you?" Slater said.

"Oh god, that would be perfect," Eileen said pulling her son into her arms. "Thank you."

"You're welcome, mom," Slater said as she squeezed him.

Karen chuckled. Eileen let go of Slater quickly and stepped back.

"Sorry," said Mom.

"No problem," Slater replied. "Of course, I am expecting Karen to help me."

Karen growled at her brother. Slater chuckled. Mom giggled. Slater went and retrieved his tablet from his bedroom and started a search for nannies. He found a couple of local companies that specialized in nannies for young children. He also found a few, not many, women, advertising their services as nannies. He also found a site that gave him the local laws and regulations on nannies and what to ask and documentation they should provide when asked.

Slater found all nannies had to be certified by the state which provided them with an ID that said when they were last certified and would be recertified. He also found what type of state training they had to go through. He didn't know what his mother would like as far as the age of the nanny had to be.

"Mom, about what age would you want the nanny to be?" Slater asked.

"Well, no younger than you and Karen and no older than me, I suppose," Eileen replied. "I don't know what the children would respond to, so maybe closer to your age than mine."

"Okay, got it," he replied.

Slater sent twelve possible candidate profiles to the printer in his bedroom. Karen heard the printer start and got up to go get the printouts. Slater smiled at her as she disappeared down the hallway. She was a good sister and daughter. He loved her dearly even though she could be a hellion.

Karen came back and put the profiles in the middle of the table. Picking up the top one, Slater read the complete profile. There was a picture included on the page. He studied each as if he could discern the character of the person he was looking at. He was predisposed to be very protective of his younger sibling, he loved them very, very much, so he scrutinized each and every nanny very, very closely.

Karen sat waiting for her brother to read the first one so they could keep them in order. When Slater handed her the profile, she read it very carefully. After all, the nanny they picked would be looking after her little sister and brothers, she wanted only the very best for them. When Karen set the profile down, Eileen sat down, picked it up and scrutinized the document closely. She too wanted the very best for her children.

After reading the profile, Eileen put it face down on the table. By that time Karen had finished the next one and Eileen took it from her to read. An hour later all three had read the twelve profiles. Slater picked up the pile and sat there thumbing through them. He placed each into one of three piles he chose.

"Okay, I have three piles. The first is good, the second is might be, the third is no way. Karen, Mom, look through the no ways and see if you agree," Slater said.

Eileen was closest to the no way pile. She picked it up and went through them. Nodding she handed the pile to Karen. She too went through them. She sat there for a while with one profile in her hand, just staring into space. She then nodded and put the pile back.

"I agree with your assessment, brother," Karen said smiling at Slater.

"I too agree," Eileen said reaching over to ruffle Slater's hair.

"Okay, now the good pile," said Slater.

Karen and Eileen went through that pile. Eileen pulled two out and placed them below the might be pile. She then handed the rest to Karen. Karen looked through the pile mom handed her. She nodded, setting them back on the table. She then picked up the two mom had rejected. Shaking her head, she put one of them just below the good pile.

"Discuss?" Slater said.

"Not really, I was borderline with her, she might be okay after we talk with her," Eileen said.

"Okay, now go through the might be pile," said Slater.

Eileen picked up the pile and flipped through them. Nodding she handed the pile to Karen. Karen went through them, taking one out and putting it in the good pile. She put the rest back.

"Discuss?" Slater said again.

Eileen picked up the one Karen had moved. She read it carefully once again.

"She is borderline on how old I would want someone looking after my children. She might work, but those three might exhaust her if left alone with them. I think the might be would be the category of my choice for her."

"Okay, Karen?"

"Put her on top of the might be pile. If the others don't pan out I would say she would be the top pick of the might be ones."

"Mom?"

"Good enough," Eileen said.

Slater picked up the good pile and fanned them out. They had four solid candidates.

"Four. One-third of what I printed out. Good. I'll start arranging for interviews if they are available," said Slater.

"Good," Eileen said nodding at her son.

"Now is everyone available for the next couple of days?" asked Slater.

"I am," said Karen glumly.

"I am, also," said Eileen giggling at her daughter. "What's the matter, friends, not back yet?"

"No, they aren't and I'm a little upset, but I will survive," Karen said giggling with her mother.

Picking up the profiles, Slater tossed the no way pile in the trash. The other two he took with him to his bedroom, placed them on his desk and sat down. Looking over the good profiles, he picked up the phone and dialed the first of the four.

After talking with the agency or the individual, Slater had to appointments set up. Their top two picks were already engaged with a family and wouldn't be available until summer of next year. The two who were available were older than Slater but not by much. They had finished college and were studying for their masters. They would both be able to be live-in nannies if required.

~~~~~

On Tuesday afternoon, the first of their appointments showed up right on time. She was very personable. Slater thought she was pretty. She was blond, blue eyes and dressed appropriately for the job she was interviewing for. Jeans and a button up blouse. Her hair was pulled back in a ponytail and her makeup was almost non-existent. Her name was Cami, short for Camille, Jacobson. She was 24 and had all the paperwork necessary.

The interview started casually. Eileen led the discussions, with Slater asking follow up questions. Karen didn't say much at the beginning. The three children she would be taking care of were out back playing, with dad keeping an eye on them.

"Okay, now for the hard questions," Eileen said smiling at Cami.

"I'm ready whenever you are Missus Carlson," Cami said smiling back.

"When will you be available to start?" Eileen said.

"Whenever you need me too. If you don't mind, I would also like to meet the children today and maybe your husband."

"Well before we do that, there are some things you need to know about. Slater, Karen, if you would please?" Eileen asked getting up and going outside.

"What did I say? I'm so sorry, if I upset her," Cami gasped.

"No, no, you didn't, Cami. Honest," Karen said softly touching Cami's arm.

"Then what?"

"Let me, Sis. Our father is dying, stage four cancer..."

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry," gasped Cami.

"He has a couple of weeks, maybe a month, they really don't know. In two weeks, Karen and I are off to college. Karen on the west coast, me on the East. So that is when we would need you to start. By then Karen's room would be available for you to stay in. Plus I would be gone also as she and I share a bathroom."

"Oh. You two must be very close," Cami said.

"Well, we are. But not because we share a bathroom, we're twins."

"Really? I was wondering about that, but you two don't look alike."

"Not all twins do," Slater said.

"Right. Fraternal twins, how forgetful of me. Biology 101."

Slater and Karen laughed with Cami.

"Just so you know, we have another interview scheduled for this afternoon. After that we will decide who and let the two of you know," said Slater.

"Of course. I understand. I didn't think I was the only nanny you would be interviewing. But thank you."

"You're welcome. Now, let's go meet the children," said Slater rising.

Karen stood with him. They waited until Cami was up and ready to go out back. The four of them went out back. Then Slater introduced Cami to his father and then to each of the children. Karen and Eileen stayed up on the deck, watching. Slater turned and went up on the deck with the rest of the family. All of them watched Cami interact with the young children.

She first talked with them, then got them to play a game with her. The kids seemed to enjoy her and the game they were playing. After about a half an hour, the children started to get a little rambunctious. Cami called them to order and sat down with them to calm them down. She was telling them a story when Slater went out to get her.

"I'm sorry guys but Cami has some other things to do, she will have to leave us for now," said Slater.

Cami smiled up at him and got to her feet. She said goodbye to the kids and left with Slater. As she was passing Karen, she stopped to say goodbye. She also said goodbye to Jacob. Inside the house, Eileen was waiting for them.

"Well, Cami, I liked how you handled my children. Now we have one other candidate to interview, so we probably won't get back to you until tomorrow. Is that okay with you?" Eileen said smiling at her.

"Sure is Missus..."

"Eileen, please," Eileen said.

"Sure, Eileen, that will be fine. I really liked the children, they seem very well behaved."

"Thank you, dear. Slater will see you out, I have to get back to my husband."

Eileen hugged Cami, turned and hurried outside. Slater smiled as he watched his mother.

"This way," he said leading Cami to the front door.

"It was a pleasure meeting all of you today," said Cami at the door.

"It was a pleasure meeting you, Cami," replied Slater taking her offered hand in his.

They stood there looking into each other's eyes, for just a few seconds. Then Cami turned her head away a little embarrassed by Slater's gaze.

"We'll call tomorrow some time," said Slater.

"Okay, thank you," Cami replied stepping out the door and down the stairs.

Slater watched until she was in her car and had driven away. Closing the door he went and sat at the kitchen table. Taking Cami's profile sheet he started writing on the reverse side. He put his thoughts and impressions about her and how she reacted with the children. Karen came in the house, looked at him and sat down. He slid the paper over to her. She read what he had written, then picked up the pen and added her views and impressions under his.

"What are you two doing?" Eileen asked coming inside.

"Just getting some things down on paper about how we felt about Cami," Slater said.

Mom came and sat at the table. When Karen was finished, she pushed the paper to her mom. Eileen read Slater's, then Karen's thoughts. Nodding she added a few of her own. Then gave it back to Karen. After reading her mom's thoughts, she pushed it back to Slater. He read both Karen's and his mom's thoughts. Nodding, he placed the paper in the file folder.

"When is the next one coming?" Eileen asked.

"Two this afternoon," replied Slater.

"Do you think we will be able to make a decision with just one interview?" asked Karen.

"I don't know, these are my children," Eileen said softly.

"I agree with mom. We may have to have both back here in a few days to just talk at length and have them around the place and interacting with the children and mom," Slater said.

"That sounds like a plan. Do you think they will go along with that?" asked Karen.

"I suspect they have had to do similar things before being accepted for a position," said Slater.

"I guess. Well, I don't know about you two, but I'm kind of tired. I think I'll take a short nap," Eileen said.

Slater and Karen nodded and went back out to sit with their dad.

"Where is your mother?" Jacob asked when Karen and Slater sat down.

"She went to take a nap before our next interview," Karen said.

"Well, perhaps, I should, too," Dad said getting up and going inside.

Karen and Slater just smiled and watched the children play.

~~~~~

The doorbell rang at exactly three in the afternoon. Slater was standing there waiting when it did. Pulling the door open he saw a very pretty brunette with sparkling green eyes. He smiled.

"Right on time Miss Williams," said Slater. "Come on in, I'm Slater, I'm very glad to meet you."

"Hello Mister Slater," Mary Beth said a little confused.

Slater chuckled at her confusion.

"Slater is my first name," he said taking her offered hand.

"I was wondering if I had the wrong place for a minute. I knew the last name was Carlson," she said stepping into the house.

Slater closed the front door. He still held her hand. She didn't seem to want to let go of his. Slater looked down at their hands. Mary Beth did too.

"Oh sorry," she said letting his hand go. "I'm a little nervous."

"No need to be, we're don't devour young ladies, unless they ask us too," Slater said. He knew it was a little off color, but she needed a good laugh.

Slater had guessed right as Mary Beth giggled and blushed at his statement.

"Right this way, Mary," said Slater.

"Mary Beth or Beth. Someone says Mary and I look around for my mother," Beth said giggling more.

Entering the kitchen, Karen and Eileen sat at the table waiting.

"Embarrassing the hired help before they become the hired help?" Karen asked her brother.

"No," replied Slater scowling at his sister. "Karen, Mom, this is Mary Beth. She prefers Mary Beth or just Beth. Beth, my sister Karen, and my mom Eileen."

Beth smiled at them. Karen and Eileen smiled at Beth.

"Very glad to meet you both."

"And we are very pleased to meet you, dear," Eileen replied holding her hand out. Taking it in hers, Beth smiled, this time letting go when Eileen did. "Have a seat Beth."

"Thank you."

Once seated, Eileen once again led the discussion and question and answer session. When finished, she once more turned the rest of the interview over to Karen and Slater. Beth was a little surprised by Eileen's departure.

"Why did she leave, I thought we were getting along..."

"You were. Please don't worry about that. What we will be discussing next is just hard for her to talk about."

"What's next?" Beth asked a little frightened about her interview.

"It's about when we would need you to start if you are chosen. We have narrowed the field down to you and another. In two weeks, Karen and I will be leaving for college. Karen on the west coast, me on the east. Karen's room is where you would be staying if we hire you and I'll be gone as we two share a bathroom."

Beth looked at the two of them surprise on her face.

"Yes, we're close, but not that close. We're twins."

"I had guessed that. But sharing a bathroom?"

"The doors have locks on them," Karen said giggling.

Beth giggled, too.

"There is also some bad news that might... " Slater stopped, closed his eyes for just a minute. "Our father is dying. Stage four cancer."

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry..."

"Thank you. They give him a week, maybe a month. That's the real reason we are looking for a nanny. Our mother will be alone with three young children. She has already told us she will not tolerate us leaving school to help her. Hence, a nanny."

"Thank you for telling me this. I'm sure it was difficult for you," Beth said reaching over to take Slater's hand in hers.

Slater squeezed her hand, then let go. Beth let go, then took Karen's hand in hers. The two young women looked at each other sorrow in their eyes.

"Who did you lose?" Karen asked softly.

"My uncle," Beth said. "Car accident."

"I'm very sorry to hear that," replied Karen.

"Thank you." Karen held on to Beth's hand gently.

Beth didn't pull her hand away.

Zeb_Carter
Zeb_Carter
3,085 Followers
12