Freddie's Find Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
JewelTran
JewelTran
335 Followers

Freddie could feel her blood pressure rising to dangerous levels when a slow, wicked grin spread across King's face. "You're jealous! That's what's wrong with you. You just went out with Hugh to try to get back at me because you saw Leona coming out of my room the other day. She told me she had spoken to you over the week-end and that was when it was, wasn't it? Well for your information, I wasn't in the room with her. She needed to get some paperwork and I gave her the key. So there - I haven't had anyone in my room with me!"

"Well," Freddie said, still indignant, "Don't think that means that I can't. And I didn't go out with Hugh to spite you. He's a wonderful friend and I hope to see him again. And if you won't let me have friends up here, then I'll find another place to live!"

"Oh, no you won't!" King bellowed, "And I don't mind if they are friends, it's the other kind that I mind. I'm not running a bordello and I won't start now!"

"A bordello? A bordello? Have you lost your ever loving mind? Hugh didn't even get off the elevator - he didn't even ask if he could come in to give me a good night kiss. He just gave it to me on the elevator and then left, like a gentleman!" Freddie fumed.

"He kissed you?" King yelled.

Freddie just shook her head, and matched his tone, "Like that's not how a date is supposed to end? But, no, maybe you don't know that because Leona doesn't even wait until the end of your dates to drape herself all over you and start kissing you."

Again, that infuriating grin crossed King's face. Lowering his voice to a normal level, he said, "I'm glad you don't like it when she does that. Cause I sure don't like it when I think someone else might be doing it to you."

King turned away from Freddie and sat back down in the chair. He ran his fingers through his hair again and said, "Look, I'm really tired. I know I'm not on my best behavior. Tomorrow is Sunday. Come with me over to Ryan and Jessie's, ok?"

Freddie's adrenaline was still pumping from their argument and she wasn't sure she was following King's train of thought. She asked, "What? Why would I go over to their house?"

King face broke into a full smile as he said, "Cause Jessie can cook more things than I can. I've already fed you my one and only meal. If you come over to their house with me, I can feed you and you don't have to eat the same thing twice!"

Freddie listened to King's explanation as she sank down onto the couch. Every time King gave Freddie his full fledged smile, it melted her bones. She knew it was useless to try to resist his invitation. There wasn't any part of her that wanted to resist. She wished that she didn't want to go, but the truth was that she didn't want to be anywhere else in the world. Freddie just nodded her head in capitulation. Then she got up and walked to her door.

Freddie opened her door and gave King a pointed look. He caught the silent message and started to leave. When he reached the door, he looked down at her with a soft gleam in his eyes. Freddie knew she would never let him leave if he kissed her again, so she turned away from his gaze. King chuckled lightly, as though he knew what she was doing. He whispered, "I'll pick you up down in the lobby at 10:30, ok?" Freddie realized that meant that she would have to go to the early church service, but she didn't have any other plans, so she agreed. Then King unexpectedly reached down and kissed her on the cheek. "Good night, Freddie," he said quietly, right before he disappeared down the hall.

CHAPTER FOUR

The next morning, Freddie got up early and got ready for church. The chapel that she had found was within walking distance, so Freddie added her flats to her outfit of a dark skirt and a blouse that had varying shades of red throughout it. She felt pretty in the clothes and she hoped that other people would agree. Of course, the one whose opinion mattered the most at that moment was asleep in the next set of rooms.

Freddie sighed and brushed out her brown hair. She had been letting it grow over the last few years and it had gotten to be a nice length around her shoulders. She liked the way it made her face look more balance with her wide blue eyes. Freddie didn't like much make-up, but she had long ago decided that she loved eye liner. So, with a few quick strokes of her eye pencil, she was ready to go.

When Freddie opened her door, she was startled to see King standing there with his hand in the air, as though he were getting ready to knock on her door. He looked surprised as well, and said, "Do you have ESP? Did you know I was about to knock?"

Freddie just laughed and asked, "What are you doing here? I thought we weren't supposed to meet until 10:30."

King looked Freddie up and down and replied, "So you just get up and bang around before a civilized hour and get all dressed up to go sit in the lobby and wait for three hours?"

Freddie's eyes widened, "I woke you up? I didn't know you could hear me in your room. I'm sorry."

King shook his head, and said, "Don't worry about it. Where are you going?"

Freddie looked down at her outfit and said, "I'm headed to church. And if you don't let me go soon, I'm going to be late."

King tilted his head to one side as he looked at her. Then he surprised her by saying, "Do you think I'm dressed well enough to go with you?"

Freddie's smile couldn't have gotten any bigger. If King had been dressed in a clown outfit, she would have told him that he liked great. But, as it was, he was dressed in khakis and a button down blue shirt. He looked perfect for church.

Freddie's eyes were dancing as she said, "You want to go with me? Really?"

King just turned and extended his arm to her in a gentlemanly fashion and said, "Lead on, oh great wise woman."

The walk to the chapel only took about ten minutes, but Freddie truly enjoyed each second. King was constantly pointing out sights or sounds that made New York special. Freddie was finding that she loved the place. But that feeling couldn't compare to the feeling that was growing inside her heart for King. She knew that what she felt for King was a forever kind of love. And that thought made her somewhat sad.

As soon as they entered the chapel, King led her down the aisle to a pew near the front. Freddie noticed that several people nodded to King and two of the children waved. King smiled at everyone. After they were seated, Freddie wanted to ask him why everyone was being so friendly. But before she had the chance, though, King blew a kiss to the little girl who was watching him from the other end of the pew where they were sitting. Freddie was shocked when the little girl, who was about four, jumped up and ran down the pew and threw herself into King's arms.

Freddie watched in amazement as King sat the girl onto his lap and kissed her forehead. The child's mother just smiled indulgently at King. King looked at Freddie over the child's head, but the preacher chose that moment to enter the pulpit, ending the opportunity for Freddie to ask what was going on.

Thankfully, the 8:00 service was an abbreviated one, with a few familiar hymns, the scripture readings and a sermon. Freddie wasn't sure she could take a much longer service right now as her mind was spinning with questions about King and this child. The little girl, who was sitting quietly in King's lap, had bright red hair and big, dark eyes. It was not too difficult looking in her face to see the resemblance that she bore to King. Freddie couldn't wait to hear King's explanation of this one!

When the service was over, the woman who had been sitting on the other end of the pew began making her way toward King. As soon as she was with touching range, the little girl jumped into her arms and said, "Mama, King let me sit with him. And I sat with him the whole service. And I was a good little girl. Did you see me mama? I did good didn't I mama? King didn't even have to tell me to be quiet once, did you King?"

The woman laughed and said, "Honey, don't you think you ought to let King get a word in edgewise? He has a friend with him, and I would like to meet her."

Freddie and King had moved out into the center aisle, so the four of them were facing each other. Freddie noticed that the other two children who had been sitting with the woman, both of whom seemed to be in their early teens, had joined some youth at the far end of the pew. But right now, Freddie's primary attention was focused on this woman - she was most interested in hearing about her and her relationship to King.

King said, "Maria, I would like for you to meet Freddie. She's a friend of mine from over at the motel. She is from North Carolina."

As Freddie looked somewhat bewildered at King, Maria gave Freddie a warm smile and asked, "So has the man thought to tell you who we are?"

Freddie shook her head no while she took the hand that Maria was holding out to her. "King, why don't you do the honors?" asked Maria.

King cleared his voice and took on a formal air. "Freddie Sommers, I would like to introduce you to Maria Solomon, my elderly, wise, stepmother."

When Maria pulled her hand from Freddie's grasp to playfully hit King on the arm, Freddie decided that she liked this woman. Maria turned back to Freddie, "I may be his step mom, but I still think I should have turned him over my knee a few more times!"

King laughed, "Like you could have tried! I was already this size when you finally brought me into the brood. I can't help it that you're too old and feeble to catch up with a fast young man like myself. You can flail your walking cane at me all you want as I help you settle into the retirement center!"

Freddie laughed at the affectionate banter between King and his step mother. Maria looked to be in her early forties and was a very attractive woman. King turned to Freddie and said, "Dad and Maria thought that they had enough kids between the two of them when they had Ryan, from dad's first marriage and then the twins." King nodded his head over to the boy and girl that Freddie had seen sitting with Maria. King continued, "But, lo and behold, along came our little surprise Cassie." King chucked his little sister under the chin as the girl suddenly tried to act shy. Then King said, "And, if that wasn't enough, two years later, I showed up. So now they have a huge family! And I'm lucky enough to be a part of it."

Maria rolled her eyes and said, "Such sweet words from such a wayward son! Why don't you ever come see us? We miss you. And I can't tell you how glad we all were to see you in church. Your dad would have been thrilled - I can't wait to tell him. He'll be home tonight. Come see us. And, Freddie, you come too. We have a big enough house for an army and we would love to have you."

Freddie made appropriate appreciative sounds and followed King's lead as he finished visiting with his family. They made their way past the preacher who grabbed King in a bear hug and clapped him on the back, saying, "The prodigal has returned! Don't take so long before I see your face back in here again. I know where you live, boy and I'll come track you down." To Freddie, the minister said, "Thank you for bringing him home!" Freddie didn't know quiet what to say to that so she just smiled. The preacher then reiterated his promise to track King down if he didn't return. King just laughed at the good natured threat and guided Freddie down the steps back onto the sidewalk.

Freddie said, "King, how many times are you going to pull these tricks on me? Couldn't you have told me that we were going to the church where your entire family goes? I wouldn't have been so surprised that everyone knew you then."

King grinned down at her, and said, "I didn't want to spoil the surprise. Anyway, I wasn't sure Maria was going to be there. It takes a lot of effort to get that crew up and ready by 8:00. Without dad in town to help her, I was surprised to see her there."

Freddie rolled her eyes and asked , "And what's up with the preacher? Is he some other long lost relative?"

King said, "Yeah, he's Maria's brother and he has taken me in as his nephew. The whole family has adopted me."

Freddie shook her head and shrugged her shoulders as if admitting defeat. King noticed her actions and reached for her hand. "Look, since we have already been to church, why don't we go on over to Ryan and Jesse's?"

Freddie looked down at her clothes and said, "I'd like to change first."

King followed her gaze and replied, "You can change the skirt, but I don't want you to take off the shirt." Freddie cocked her head to the side, giving him a questioning look.

King looked a little sheepish as he answered her unspoken question, "I like it. It makes you look like a wild rose - all full of sunshine and summer breezes."

Freddie raised her eyebrows and said, "Well, I guess that's alright." Then she smiled and continued, "I know it's alright. I love wildflowers of all kinds, but I especially love wild roses."

When King said, "So do I," Freddie thought her heart might stop.

After a quick change into jeans and tennis shoes, King and Freddie took the pick up truck over to Ryan and Jesse's. Freddie loved their house as soon as she saw it. She had been afraid that their house would be very expensive and formal. And although Freddie had enjoyed getting to know Jessica and Ryan at the restaurant, she was afraid that she wouldn't fit in with them in their home. But the house was simple and comfortable and Ryan and Jessica put her at ease. Within minutes, Ryan had drug King off to see some new piece of stereo equipment and Jessica and Freddie were in the kitchen cutting up salad ingredients.

Jessica smiled over at Freddie and said, "So how are you and King handling things at the motel?"

Freddie was confused by the question, but decided to do her best at answering it. She said, "We - we're fine. . ."

Jessica laughed and said, "Whew. I was worried that the other employees might be jealous and give you a hard time."

Now Freddie was totally confused. She had no idea what Jessica was talking about and said, "I'm sorry Jessica. Have I missed something? Why would the other employees be jealous?"

Jessica shot her a quizzical look and said, "Well, wouldn't you find it hard to work with someone who was dating the boss?"

Freddie slowly said, "Dating . . . the . . . boss . . . Oh, NO! Jessica, King and I aren't dating!"

Jessica gave Freddie an incredulous look and said, "Well what do you call it? Going out exclusively with one another while making yourselves look like love sick fools in front of every body else?"

Freddie practically yelled, "No! That's not what we are doing. How can you even think that?" Lowering her voice, Freddie continued, "Anyway, King is dating Leona White. Every one knows that."

Jessica made a sound that resembled a snort and said, "That woman was nothing but trouble. I certainly wasn't upset when King gave her the walking papers last week. I thought he was never going to get rid of her!"

It was Freddie's turn to look incredulous. She said, "What are you talking about? I thought she and King . . . "

Jessica shook her head and said, "Leave it to King to not tell you what was going on - trust me, King wouldn't bring you out on a date if he was still seeing another woman. King's a one woman man, and I think he's finally found his woman."

The men chose that moment to enter the kitchen, giving Freddie the perfect excuse to end her conversation with Jessica. Throughout their meal and the afternoon socializing, Freddie kept going over what Jessica had said. Could she possibly be right? Was Leona really out of the picture? Freddie didn't know what to think.

About 4:00 in the afternoon, King announced that he and Freddie needed to be going. Freddie had no idea why they needed to leave, but she didn't want to make an issue out of it, at least not in front of King's family. When King and Freddie started out the door, Freddie was surprised that Ryan and Jessica both hugged her good bye. It was almost as if she were part of the family. Freddie realized that she really liked that feeling.

When they were back in the pick up, Freddie asked King where they were going. King grinned and said, "Trust me." Freddie rolled her eyes at him, but he just kept grinning. Then he turned on the radio and 80's music filled the truck. Freddie found herself joining King singing the lyrics to songs from her teen years. It was fun and King didn't even seem to mind that she was tone deaf. Sometimes he was just too good to be true.

Finally, King parked the truck in the Platinum Parking deck on 48th St. "King, where are we going?" Freddie asked again.

King just smiled and said, "I hope you're hungry!" Actually, Freddie was getting hungry. They had had an early lunch with Ryan and Jessie and it had consisted of salad and soup. It had tasted delicious, but it had been several hours ago. Freddie was definitely ready for supper.

King took Freddie's hand and they began walking. As usual, King told Freddie all about the district that they were walking through. Freddie joked that he could work part time as a tour guide and King just laughed at her.

When King pulled her to a stop, they were outside a restaurant. "Where's this?" Freddie asked.

King said, "This - this is City Lobster! You can't do New York without at least eating here once. It's the best."

Once again, King had been right. The food was incredible and the service was impeccable. They started by sharing a shrimp cocktail, then Freddie had Maryland crabcakes, while King had their Sunday special 2 pound lobster. The sides of onion ribbons and wild mushrooms were perfect accompaniments. She and King both tasted each others food and shared King's drink from the bar. With all of their interactions, Freddie noticed that they were joking and flirting rather comfortably with one another However, it wasn't until dessert that she felt the tension truly escalate.

For dessert, King ordered a slice of Key Lime pie. He very specifically told the waitress to only bring one fork. Freddie was a little hurt, unsure if King was trying to tell her it was time for her to stop eating. But when the pie arrived, she realized what King had in mind. He definitely planned on her having some pie, but he was going to feed it to her! With each bite the sparks grew hotter. King carefully cut and placed each bite on the fork, then gently teased her into opening her mouth, only to sit and stare at her lips as she swallowed each piece. When she licked her lips to catch an escaped crumb, King actually moaned out loud. Then he motioned for the check.

When they stepped back outside, the evening air was pleasant and cool. It offered a nice contrast to the heat rushing through Freddie's body. When King suggested that they leave the truck in the parking garage and walk back to the motel, Freddie breathed a sigh of relief. King explained that he would pick it up on Monday when he came down to a meeting nearby. Freddie didn't really care what his plans were for the truck, she was just thankful for the chance to calm down and try to not make a fool out of herself.

Freddie and King strolled down the sidewalks, watching the late day sun fade and the street lights take over the sky. New York was never quiet and the sites and sounds fascinated Freddie. But her attention was torn tonight between her growing love of New York and the sizzling tension of the attraction between her and King. The evening had been beautiful, and Freddie could only wonder what the rest of the night would bring.

When they got back to the motel, Freddie and King both headed for the elevators. Although Freddie would normally have stopped by the bar and said hello to her co-workers, at that moment, she was much more interested in being alone with King.

As soon as the doors shut behind them, King grabbed her into his arms. He looked down at her and said, "God, I've wanted to do this all day." Then he was kissing her. Her mouth opened willingly to King, and Freddie had a brief insight that this was the man she would always want. When the elevator stopped on their floor, they were still wrapped in each other's arms, kissing passionately. King guided Freddie over to her door and used his master key to unlock it. Then, still kissing her, he drew her inside of her rooms.

JewelTran
JewelTran
335 Followers