Freedom on the Sea

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

If I was about to die, so fucking be it. I got up and opened my door.

To find Captain Cold Eyes waiting for me.

I stared at her, flabbergasted. She was dressed in fine clothes, a far cry from her pirate attire. Her red hair was brushed and it looked like she had bathed. Was I dreaming? As if reading my mind she said, "no Sanfino, you're not dreaming. It really is me."

"How'd you get into Havana?"

"Benefit of nobody knowing I'm a pirate," she said walking past me into my modest home. "I can go anywhere. The masculine world doesn't see the female as equal. I use that to my advantage."

"I'm surprised to see you," I said honestly. "I figured the Defiance would be chasing down the Hermione by now."

"Truth is I've been in Havana for three days. Was going to kill you myself if you didn't deliver. Nothing personal you understand. Then, at the last minute, my man sends word you'd come through! I was actually relieved. The men were starting to get antsy."

"Well good to know you had such confidence in me," I said waspishly.

Her cold eyes turned to me. "Ah, that's right. You're still unhappy about your friend being killed. Your fault you know."

"I'm well aware Diego's death is my fault," I snarled at her. She look surprised to hear my tone. She probably doesn't get spoken to that way often, if at all. "But I still don't like it," I go on.

"The life of a pirate," she said. "Is causing other people misery."

"Even to those that don't deserve it."

"Especially to them! Because they believe in the society that allows them to look down on others, to have lords and ladies and kings and queens tell them how to live! To have a bunch of self righteous, so-called religious men claim they know God's will because of their office, not their faith! And the idiot people that actually accept how these things are are practically begging for it! So yes, especially to them!"

I'd never heard her voice so filled with belief. "I take it you've made that speech before Captain. It sounds like you know it by heart."

Her cold eyes narrowed dangerously. "Don't mock what I happen to believe in boy. I don't technically need you for the score anymore."

I matched her cold gaze with a sneer. "I expected you to say that. Just a little reminder that you own me and my life. I'm well aware of it believe me Captain. I notice you have not answered my question. You have the schedule. By your own admission you don't need me anymore. So why are you here?"

"Last man who gave me those looks lost his head."

"I still don't hear an answer." I sit down and look at her expectantly.

Her cold gazes softens, to my surprise. "I told you, I want you to join my crew. I need men who can actually think. This score you've given us will be the best we've ever had. We'll make a fortune in Nassau selling it. But you seem to be having trouble stomaching the harder parts of this life. I came here to see if you were going to make it. It looks like you aren't."

"Perhaps I'm not M'lady the Captain," I say reverting to my old phrase for her. I swear she almost smiles upon hearing it. "Why did you choose this life?" I asked.

Her expression becomes guarded in a second. "None of your business boy."

That's about what I expected for an answer. Did you think she was going to open up for you Leo? You're a dammed fool! I stand up. "Do you want me to come back to the Defiance?" I asked her.

"Can you handle this part of the life as a pirate?"

"Well I can only promise to get better at it. If that's not enough, shoot me now. Because once Diego's body is found, the Spaniards will come looking for me. Mr. Sanchez has already become suspicious. And after the Hermione is taken, Senior Robert will put it all together. He's not a total fool. I can't promise to hold up under torture, M'lady the Captain."

She stares at me. "It's been a long time since anyone dared be that frank to me. Especially when they're telling me to kill them. You are a different sort, Leo. Please come back to the Defiance."

She actually used the word 'please'. Unexpected. "Well, only because you said please," I said as my tongue ran away with me yet again.

But for once she didn't seem irritated. "Good, we have to get to my longboat. We have a ship to raid."

Chapter 7: The Raid

"How far are we?" said Captain Cold Eyes.

"Two hours way at most Cap'n!" called the voice from the crow's nest.

"Good. We're well away from any Spanish patrolled waters. We'll take that ship no problem."

"If what he gave us is correct," said Lawrence the first mate pointing at me as I scrubbed the deck.

"I believe him when he says it is," said the Captain.

I kept at my work and pretended like I couldn't hear what they were saying. We'd left Havana last night and sailed all night to catch up to the Hermione. I'd been put right back to work among the crew and found that my success had changed nothing about their opinions of me. McNally's old friends still wanted me dead, if their black looks were any indication. But how I'd killed McNally plus the Captain's trust in me kept them at bay. For now. I'd already made a mental note to watch my back during the raid. In the chaos of the battle, they might try for something.

I wasn't defenseless either. Since battle was coming, Captain Cold Eyes had given me a pistol and a sword. I hoped I never had to use either but having them might deter McNally's old friends. I was more worried about them than the enemy crew. The Hermione's crew was not a warship, so the Captain was certain boarding it would be the easy part of taking it.

She had all her ship's guns ready and primed. The boarding crew was already making bets as to how many they'd kill. Such macabre talk made me shudder and I hoped she wasn't going to order me to board with the boarding pirates. I was alright in a dockside brawl, and had gotten off a lucky shot on McNally. But that didn't mean I wanted to fight in a boarding party.

I kept scrubbing, the Caribbean sun beaming down on my neck. I didn't know how long it had been but then the Captain called for all hands to stations. Seconds after the call came down from the nest that there was a ship on the horizon. I ran to the starboard side of the Defiace. Sure enough I could just make out a ship ahead of us. "The boy came through," said several voices all along the ship. I couldn't keep a smug grin off of my face. I'd finally shown them all!

Now I just had to survive the battle.

Captain Cold Eyes kept us bearing straight for the target. We had the wind, so the Spanish ship couldn't outrun us. Hopefully the idiots raised the white and surrendered. Captain Cold Eyes wasn't a barbarian she wouldn't execute crews who surrender. But sadly, I had a feeling that their Latin blood and Spanish machismo pride wouldn't let them surrender to unwashed pirates.

We gained on them quickly. Soon we were close enough to see the small figures of their crew preparing for battle. Lawrence picked up a hailing cone and starting yelling. "To the Hermione! We only want the silk! Strike your colors and surrender and no harm will come to you!"

"The fools won't do it," said Cold Eyes.

"The offer had to be made," said Lawrence.

The Spanish ship fired a shot in return but it went far wide. "That was them warning us they're ready to fight," said Cold Eyes. "Alright, they had their chance. Gunners at the ready!" she yelled. "Aim high, we do NOT wan to damage the cargo hold! Ruin that silk, and I'll be firing YOU louts out of a cannon!"

The crews got their guns ready. The Hermione fired again but missed. "Panicked idiots, they can't hit us yet!" said some pirate beside me. I kept my spot on the starboard side, watching. We got closer and then the captain ordered the ship to half sail for better movement. We pulled hart to starboard so I was looking right at the enemy ship.

And realized what a stupid position I was in as the enemy gun ports were already open. Both sides opened fire and I was deafened by cannon blasts. The ship shakes beneath me as we take hits. Our shots went high, aiming for the mast and deck line of the Hermione. A shot comes close to me, blasting a gun port below. That finally wakes me the fuck up and I retreat from that side of the ship. The cannons open fire again and and again, from both ships. I quickly lost count of how many barrages each ship fired but after a time it became clear that we were winning. The deck of the Hermione had been decimated by our high shots. Now the captain ordered the guns to aim lower to the gun deck below.

Another series of barrages later and the Hermione was dead in the water. At that point the captain ordered the guns to still. We put sails out and moved forward. Once close enough the pirates threw grappling hooks and pulled us alongside of the ship. I helped them. Then the boarding party went over.

To my everlasting relief I was not chosen to board the crippled Spanish ship. I simply sat back and waited. I don't know for how long but only a few Spanish survivors were brought aboard. Then Lawrence came back saying the cargo hold was completely intact.

We'd done it, we'd taken then cargo with only minor casualties.

And now they finally knew, beyond any doubt, that I was worth keeping.

I hope.

Chapter 8: The Woman Behind The Pirate

Tortuga was unlike anything I'd ever seen before. The pirate port was loud, full of chaos, and nobody gave a damn about you unless you had money, owed them money, bought drinks, or spilled their drinks. That last one was the closest thing that the pirates of Tortuga called a crime. It was punishable by the entire tavern kicking your ass and then throwing you out into the mud. Or the nearest pigsty.

So I learned to watch my elbows in the crowded tavern.

We'd been in Tortuga for three days now, five days total since we took the Hermione. We'd sunk the ship after taking the silk cargo, tossed the survivors into the brig, and made our way here. The captain had sold the silks for the single largest profit score the crew of the Defiance had ever made.

And I was crew.

No longer scorned, shunned, ordered to do humiliating tasks. I was crew. I was 'in' all the way. They bought me drinks as a thank you, directed me to the best whores in Tortuga with their compliments. Even McNally's old gang had given up their hatred and mistrust of me.

Oh if only McNally could see this now, I mused as I sat at the bar. Or my asshole father and his wife and my half siblings. I wonder if they even cared when they got the news that Captain Brussels ship had been taken and I was assumed dead. Dad had probably just shrugged and gone back to his business, stepmom had likely said good 'riddance', and my half brothers and sisters probably couldn't care if the God himself appeared ordered them to.

They'd get there's for the way they'd treated me. I had allies now and knew exactly how to ruin my father's life. So I would.

Someday.

I was shaken from my thoughts by Lawrence sitting down beside me. "You done good boy. You done good. Didn't think you could, but you did."

"I hope I can inspire future confidence because of this."

"Mayhaps you can," said the refined pirate. "But remember, now they count you as a brother. And what's more, most of em think you can pull anything off. Don't let it go to your head. Or you'll lose it."

"Noted."

"Cap'n wants to see you in her room. Room 6 at the Captain's Call."

That surprised me. I hadn't seen Captain Cold Eyes since we arrived in Tortuga. "What for?"

"She didn't say and I didn't ask. Don't go thinking your newfound fame among the men will let you question the Cap'n's orders. Now get you going."

I got up and left the tavern. I knew where she was. For all Tortuga's talk of everyone being equal there were still places a ship captain could escape from their obligations for a while. In my time here, I'd seen a few places with 'Captain's only' signs on them. One of them was where the Captain was staying. I was met at the door by the bouncers but gave them the Cold Eye's name and they let me pass without another word. Evidently she was well known and well respected at this tavern. Up the stairs I went to the room Lawrence had given me. After knocking three times I then waited.

The door opened and I entered. She was wearing her fine clothes again, with her red hair shiny. "What can I do for M'lady the Cap'n?" I asked giving a long, ridiculous bow.

She smacked the side of my face for that little show. "You're lucky you're proven now boy," she said.

In my time with her, I'd learned that when she called me 'boy' when I irritated her, and 'Leo' when I impressed her. So this was a bad start. "My apologies Cap'n."

"Sit down."

I sat.

So did she. "So the crew thinks you're the Jesus of hauls now."

"Flattering I know. But I claim no such thing."

"Good, don't let that ego inflate too high or you won't fit on my ship."

"That's what Lawrence said."

"Listen to him then. I always do."

"So why did you summon me Cap'n?"

"You defied every odd, overcame your own shortcomings, escaped being torn apart for killing McNally, and delivered the largest haul we've ever had. So you've earned my respect. That's not something just anyone can do. Only Lawrence has it besides you."

"Well I will do my best to live up to your expectations."

"I'm sure you will, because otherwise you'll wish you'd died in a Spanish prison," she promised. "But, a long time ago, I made a promise to myself. A couple of them actually, but for the sake of this discussion, only one matters. If there ever came a man I could respect, I'd let him ask me anything he wanted. So Leo, go ahead."

I honestly had no idea how to answer that. A brief, foolish hope that I was about to fuck her had flared but then died. She's not a whore you idiot, and she doesn't sleep with crew!

"Well?" she prompted.

"Why are you a pirate?" I decided to ask.

"I see," I said nodding. "How did you become a pirate?"

"No, no. I said ONE question, that's all you get."

"As M'lady the Captain commands."

She laughs. "Your bravery to keep calling me that after everything you've endured because of it is almost arousing."

I keep my face clear and wisely don't answer that one.

"What, cat got your tongue? Don't tell me you're one of those men who clams up when women talk sex."

"Not at all M'lady the Cap'n. But I'm also aware that a wrong response could be very bad for me."

"Wise Leo. But you didn't answer my question."

"I'm sure M'lady the Cap'n can get any amount of sexual intercourse she wants when she wants it. But she obviously cannot seek such things from the crew. Once they see her naked, with her ass in the air and her tits a'bouncing, they think they don't have to take her orders anymore."

"Lawrence told you that didn't he? I've heard that line from him before, always told to new crewmen."

"It's sound advice and I thought so when he said it."

"Drop the courtly manners Leo, please."

"Fine," I lean back. Emboldened by this discussion and where it could lead, I decided to take the shot. "I'm sure part of you wishes you could be freer with whom you wish to fuck but your reputation as captain must be maintained at all costs so you have to be discreet and only indulge in your baser womanly desires when ashore. Like now," I finish.

She is silent, her cold eyes unreadable. I wonder if I've finally done it, and she's about to kill me. Or worse. "Like now." She repeats. I can feel myself sweating. "Like now. Yes indeed, like now."

I have no idea what that means. I get my mouth open to say something when she comes across the table and kisses me.

Taken completely off guard, we topple out of the chair and hit the floor. Or I do, and she lands on top of me. I grunt in pain but her lips never leave mine and then my body takes over and I kiss her back. Her tongue meets mine without any hesitation and before I know it she's taken both of my hands and slide them under her fine shirt. Her breasts are heavy and soft in my hands. She moans into the kiss as I feel them firmly, squeezing. As I run my fingers over her nipples, they stiffen at once and she moans again. She breaks the kiss and looks into my eyes, her cold eyes blazing. "Speak a word of this to anyone, and you'll die screaming."

I nod but she covers my mouth. "Don't speak either." Then she pulls the shirt over her head and shows me her breasts. Better than Rosita's by so much. I grope them, as if they're the first ones I've ever touched. She moans hard and reaches down to grab my cock. Already more erect than I've ever been, I hear her gasp as she feels it. "Good. If you were small, I'd be terribly disappointed." I didn't answer but she straightened and stripped her clothes away. To my surprise she had no pubs at all. Noting my expression, she smiled. "I'm no angel. But pubic lice on the middle of the ocean with no way to bathe in sight are a miserable experience. So I have myself plucked each time I'm ashore. Bet you-Oh!" She gasps suddenly as my fingers find her sex. She's already wet.

She lets me finger her for a time then she sits down, straddles me right there on the floor, and I slide inside her. We both moan loudly. Tight, wet, and oh so warm! I've found Cold Eyes warm spot! I thought childishly to myself.

Then she started rolling her hips. I watched, mesmerized as her tits bounced. She made small cries each time my cock vanished into her plucked cunt. Her cries got louder as she started to go faster. I reached up and gripped both her bouncing tits firmly, squeezing them. She slammed herself down onto me harder in response. Just as her moans were reaching a fever pitch she pulled herself off me, turned, and bent herself at the table she'd launched over to get at me.

Understanding in an instant I picked myself up off of the floor and got behind her, pushing myself back inside her deep. "Oh fuck yes," she moaned as I begin thrusting slowly. "I'm not fragile boy, fuck me!" she snarled at my slow pace.

Inflamed, I gripped two handfuls of her pale ass and started ramming myself home. Harder than I'd ever fucked Rosita. I heard her briefly mutter "that's it boy" before moans overtook her and she just bowed her head. I wanted to grab a handful of her red hair, but wasn't sure how far I could push even this so I just fucked away. Movement below my cock made me look down. She'd reached back with her right and and was rubbing her cunt as fucked her. I only decided to go faster.

Her moans were becoming close to screams, then her body convulsed and she actually DID scream, releasing a massive orgasm. Pent up for who knows how long. I knew my own orgasm was close, as I moaned loud. "Don't you dare finish inside me!" she snarled.

That broke my spell of pleasure and I pulled away from her. But she turned around, got onto her knees, and stroked my throbbing cock until, with my own yell, I finished too. Jets of white hit her already white breasts. She seemed to enjoy it. After I'd spurted for the fifth time, she let go and I collapsed onto the floor, landing right where I'd started.

I don't know how long I laid there, spent, but she got up after a while, cleaned her breasts with a cloth and then put her clothes back on. "Get up, get dressed, and get out boy!" she said, her voice back to it's customary sharpness. I put my clothes on as fast as I could and was gone from her room a moment later. In fact I didn't stop until I was back in my own room in the tavern. I closed the door and sat down on my bed. Thoughts were swarming through my head.

I'd betrayed the crew of the Sprite and become a pirate.

I'd been the reason the crew of the Defiance had stolen the silk ship.

I'd caused the death of Diego.

I'd killed McNally, I'd killed a man directly.

I'd been part of a pirate raid.

I'd was crew.

I'd found a way to have my revenge against my family.