Friends Reunited: Chez Steve

Story Info
Stephen & Sadie enjoy a romantic evening together.
6.8k words
4.75
3.2k
3
0
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Own2006
Own2006
60 Followers

"Table for Elland?" Stephen's voice came out of the intercom. Sadie giggled and agreed. "Take the lift to the 8th floor, turn right along the corridor and I'm on the left." he instructed as he buzzed her in to his apartment building.

Upstairs, Sadie knocked the door of number 83. She heard Stephen saying a long hello before he'd even turned the door handle, he opened the door, made a panicked sound and then shut it again. Sadie stepped back. Stephen cracked open the door. "You're OK with cats, aren't you?" he asked. Sadie hummed in agreement. "Ok, good!" he said, opening the door awkwardly to let her in. Sadie stepped inside and saw he was balancing on his right leg and using his left foot to keep a cat from escaping into the hallway. He shut the door and leaned down to kiss and hug her. "Hello! You look amazing. Sorry, he's a house cat with a Houdini complex!" he said, nodding towards the cat.

"Awww he's gorgeous!" Sadie smiled widely looking at the brown tabby cat sniffing her shoes and rubbing his face against her ankles. She crouched down. "Hello!" she said softly, reaching her hand out for him to sus out before he let her stroke his head.

"This is Bruce." Stephen introduced the cat.

"Hello Bruce! Nice to meet you. Oooh you're lovely!" she cooed. She stood up and looked at Stephen properly for the first time that evening. "Aww you've got your whites on!" she said excitedly with a fond smile.

Stephen smiled and nodded proudly. "I thought I'd put on the chef whites for old time's sake." he said, delighted at her reaction.

"Let me hang up your coat and I'll give you 'la tour'." he said, emphasising the last 2 words in a French accent then stopping suddenly. "I just remembered you speak French." he laughed, and his face flushed with embarrassment. "Was that right?" he asked, leaning down to her slightly as he laughed.

"Don't you know some French still from school or from your cheffing days?" she asked. Stephen made a face as he continued laughing. Sadie laughed with him as she took off her coat. "It means "tower"..." she said hesitantly with a smile. "But I knew what you meant." she patted his shoulder.

"You're too kind!" Stephen nodded and his face returned to a less puce-coloured flush as he took her coat and hung it up in the cupboard. She followed him down the corridor which led into the bedroom. She stepped in to see a brown leather upholstered double bed, neatly made with a grey and white cotton duvet cover set, a cream and brown wooden wardrobe, and matching nightstands on either side of the bed. It smelled like sleep and his cologne. "This is where I have insomnia." he said, gesturing round the room. Sadie sighed a laugh. "Ensuite." he indicated into the left with his arm. "As a matter of interest...which side do you sleep on?" he asked, indicating towards the bed.

She looked at him and frowned. "Is that a deal breaker?" she asked with a laugh. He shook his head. "Well, if I'm staying at someone's I think it's only fair to sleep on whichever side they don't...which side do you sleep on?" she asked.

"Left," he said, pointing. "but willing to negotiate." he smirked.

"Middle." she smirked, noticing his body relax in a quiet laugh.

"Oh it's like that is it?!" he said playfully. She giggled as she turned to face him and stroked her left hand up his chest to his shoulder. She hummed in agreement. He looked down at her, slid his hands round her hips and copied her hum as she stood up on her tiptoes and kissed him softly just as the cat rubbed against their legs. "The same as sharing with Bruce then." he chuckled as he broke their embrace.

"Sharing?!" Sadie teased, with a mock confused expression. Stephen let his head fall back and he sighed before looking back at Sadie who playfully stuck out her tongue and he gently smacked her ass.

Stephen tilted his head towards the bedroom door then turned to walk out of the bedroom and back down the corridor. "Spare room...ehh, oh wait! YOUR room!" he joked. Sadie scoffed and nudged his back with her hand. Stephen chuckled and reached his hands back to her quickly but continued. "Main bathroom's there." he pointed to 2 doors on the left as she followed him. "This is where I make all the coffee that gives me the insomnia." he said, stepping in to the kitchen where the aroma of spices emanated into the apartment and pots and pans were bubbling on the stove. "Annnd this is where I drink the coffee that gives me the insomnia!" he said, leading her into the living room.

The kitchen had a breakfast bar that straddled the living room. The living room was furnished in typical bachelor style: two small, square, black, leather sofas, a large, black, leather recliner, a small wooden coffee table, and a massive TV unit.

"Then out here," he said, opening the glass door and leading her on to the balcony where there was a small metal table and 2 chairs, and a large, garden loveseat. "is a view of... well, as you can see... the river, the motorway, the madatory, purpose-built green space!" he laughed to himself. "Sometimes it's even nice enough to sit out here!" he said exaggeratedly.

Sadie smiled. "It's lovely. I love it." she said sincerely as they stepped back indoors and Stephen closed the balcony door. "Thanks for 'la tour', your apartment is lovely." she smiled. Stephen sighed a laugh and nodded. "Is this the trophy cabinet?" she asked, noticing a small shelf behind the sofa with medals, a shield and a few framed photos.

"Indeed it is." Stephen replied, heading back into the kitchen.

Sadie looked at the photos of Stephen with his running club friends, Stephen mid-race and an arty one from Stephen's run in the city marathon. "I like this one!" Sadie said enthusiastically.

Stephen looked over. "That was a fluke, a journo took it and 'cos I had my running club on my number they tracked me down. That was my leg of the relay last year." he explained.

"Ppppfffftttt never mind your leg of the relay! Legs on YOU, Willis!" Sadie teased, fanning herself with her hand. "You can wear a pair of running shorts, boy!" she nodded and her mouth puckered.

"Is this what it feels like to be objectified?" Stephen asked with a nervous laugh. "Cos I get now why it would make you feel uncomfortable!" he said.

Sadie winced. "I guess that's what it came across as...ehhh I think you look great and it's a cool photo." she raised her eyebrows.

Stephen nodded. "Sure. Thanks! So when do you need to test your blood sugar?" he asked.

Sadie looked surprised. "Oh!...about 15 minutes before I eat ideally is when I should bolus. I mean take my insulin." she explained. Stephen nodded and tipped his head indicating for her to take a seat at the breakfast bar. He approached it from inside the kitchen and took out his phone.

"Keep me right if any of it looks wrong." he said, sliding his phone towards her and watching her puzzled face turn to shock when she realised he had made a note in his phone of the carb content, weighed and measured, of the meal he was cooking for them. She looked up at him and he couldn't tell from her expression. "No?" he asked as she shook her head and stared at him. He went to lift his phone but she stopped him.

"No, leave it. I mean, yes it's right." she said in disbelief.

He raised his eyebrows. "Yeah? cos you don't seem sure!" he said with a quiet laugh.

She nodded. "It is right. I'm just a little bit..." she stopped and swallowed hard before sighing a shy laugh. "It might not seem like a big deal but this means a lot to me." Stephen watched her and waited for her to contine. "I'm not being dramatic when I say that no one else in my life has ever tried to understand or learn this before never mind work out the carb content of what they're cooking for me."

"Really?" Stephen asked, his head jerking back in surprise. "Oh...K. Well, I was interested and thought I'd do a bit of reading up." he said with a slight shrug.

"Thank you." Sadie said sincerely, nodding at him. He nodded once and smiled fondly at her before turning back to the food. She took out her monitor and tested her blood sugar before putting the information into her insulin pump.

"Is that all you need?" he asked. She agreed. "Only thing is I couldn't really make dessert a surprise 'cos I had to work out the measurements to give you." he laughed.

"You're a babe!" Sadie smiled coyly. Stephen laughed loudly. "You are though! Cooking me dinner, working out all the carb values and making banoffee pie. Thank you Steve." she said with a grateful smile.

"You're welcome Sadie!" he said playfully. "Well, I make a mean Thai green curry, if I do say so myself!" he teased. "Of course, I had to do the banoffee for a throwback." he said, shyly. "Working out the values is the least I could do considering everything you have to do before you can even do anything!" he said with a sincere nod. "I tell you what, Mrs Jessop would be proud of all that Maths you're doing!" he laughed.

"Wouldn't she though?!" Sadie laughed. "Oh my God, remember her class for GCSE? I HATED it!" she exclaimed.

"You and me both, Sade! In that really cold classroom near the playground? Fuck, it was horrible! I think there was only you, me, Johnny and that churchy girl you sat beside who actually wanted to pass that class!" he laughed.

"NEEDED to, Stephen. Needed to pass that class!" she stressed. "It was chaos, I dunno how she expected us to learn with everyone else in the class starting riots. 'You'll not even make a checkout girl with Maths like that Miss Elland!'" Sadie mocked and then growled in frustration.

"Yeah but look at us now!" Stephen laughed. Sadie nodded once and raised her arm for Stephen to hi-five her. "Right, I had hoped to eat dinner on the balcony but," he made a face looking at the weather outside. Sadie sighed a laugh and shook her head. "So...plan B instead..." he said as he quickly set a place for them both at the breakfast bar where Sadie was already sitting. "SERVICE PLEASE!" he said loudly, looking around before comically pretending to realise he was the only other person there and he set the plates down on the breakfast bar and took off his apron before joining Sadie. She giggled at him trying to impress her with his silly humour.

They ate their food and chatted about the concert they were attending across the river bank that evening. A mixed line-up of pop and rock artists were playing at the festival and as a goodwill gesture to local residents, the promoters gave 2 free tickets to each apartment. After they had eaten, Stephen got up to clear their plates.

"I'll be your KP." Sadie said, following him in to the kitchen.

"You will not!" Stephen scolded. "You're my guest, guests don't do dishes or disobey the chef!" he teased as he loaded the dish washer. "That's the rule at Chez Steve!" he said, smirking at her

"Ok, if that's the rule!" Sadie said, holding her hand up. "My compliments to the chef. Thank you, Steve. That was delicious." she said with a smile, leaning against the fridge. "Chef's kiss!" she nodded.

"Chef's kiss? Alright then!" Stephen said, stepping quickly towards her, wrapping his arms around her and kissing her. Taken by surprise, Sadie laughed and stepped back before quickly settling in to a slow, heavy kiss.

Bruce meowed loudly. Sadie laughed as they kissed and broke their embrace. "That was an aggressive meow there, Bruce!" she said, looking towards the cat as he stood watching them from the floor beside his food dishes.

"Oh shit, I forgot to feed the cat!" Stephen exclaimed, rushing to get a sachet of cat food from the cupboard. "Sorry mate, sorry!" he said to Bruce, scratching the cat's ears before putting the food in his dish.

"I'll wash these pots then get changed and we can go." he said to Sadie. She nodded.

She sat on the sofa, watching Bruce eat. "How old is he?" she asked.

"Bruce? He's about 5 I think. He's a rescue, I got him just after I bought this place. His previous owner had to move into a care home only a year after getting him and wasn't allowed to bring him obviously so he'd been at the sanctuary for 2 years and no one wanted him." he said.

"Awwwwwww, poor Bruce!" Sadie said pityfully.

"I know!" Stephen agreed.

"How could no one want you, little furry friend?!" She said to Bruce.

"He's got FIV. That's why he can only be an indoor cat in a single-cat household now but he still wants to go out sometimes which is why I have to watch him when the door's open." Stephen said.

"Aww! Well, now you've got him, he seems very happy." Sadie smiled. "Or now he's got you, more like." Stephen nodded. "Was he called Bruce or did you change his name?" she asked.

Stephen shook his head. "No, he was called Fluffy!" he laughed.

"Fluffy!" Sadie laughed. "He's not very fluffy. Poor thing!"

"Yeah that's why I changed it." Stephen said.

"Bruce suits him...oh my God! I just got it - Bruce Willis!" she laughed and shook her head as she covered her eyes with her hand.

"Christ you're slow on the uptake, Sadie!" Stephen teased. "I called him Bruce so at the vet's they have to call 'Bruce Willis' AND cos Die Hard is the best Christmas film." he said. Sadie opened her mouth to comment. "No objections!" he said quickly, pointing at her. Sadie laughed in long bursts. Stephen was pleased with himself. "Right, I'm gonna get changed." he said as he dried his hands and went to his bedroom.

Bruce jumped up on the sofa and sat on Sadie's lap. Stephen heard her talking softly to him and he smiled to himself. "Steve, I think you'll have to go on your own tonight. Me and Bruce are stopping in." Sadie called out. Stephen laughed.

Stephen came out into the hall and opened the cupboard to get their coats. "Right Bruce mate, stop trying to steal my girl." he said, lifting the cat off Sadie's lap. The cat made a disappointed meow sound as Stephen put him down on the floor.

"Awww sorry Bruce!" she cooed.

"'Awww sorry' nothing!" Stephen tutted. "He's got a fleecy bed on the radiator, a scratching post and a bed beside the window so he can look out and a blanket on that sofa! He's a spoilt brat!" he laughed as he held out her coat to help her put it on.

"Thank you." she said, fixing her coat. "We're both wearing denim jeans and slip-on Vans!" she laughed, holding out her leg as she stood alongside him.

"That's 'cos we're so cool." he joked, putting on his blazer. "Does this jacket look OK?" Stephen asked, smoothing down his taupe blazer and turning to face her.

"Yes, you look hot." Sadie smiled coyly at him. He sighed a laugh and nodded shyly.

"So do you." Stephen said.

Sadie grasped his hips and stretched up on her tiptoes to kiss him. "I'm a bit disappointed you've not got your legs out!" she teased.

Stephen pursed his lips. "That was 1 photo!" he exclaimed.

"Oh yes, that 1 photo on your trophy cabinet. Not all the photos I've been studying on your Insta..." she said, her eyes wide and a coy look on her face.

Stephen raised his eyebrows. "That's my business account!" he said. She hummed in agreement. "Pervert!" he teased.

"You know it!" she teased back, turning towards the front door. Stephen gently squeezed her ass cheek and she mocked a shock gasp. "Have you got the tickets?" she asked.

"I don't need tickets, I just point to my face and say 'Don't you know who I am?!', works every time." he joked. "Let's go!" he said, opening the front door.

"Bye Bruce, see you later." Sadie said in a sing-song.

"Make sure the hookers are gone by 11pm, mate!" Stephen said to the cat as they left the apartment. Sadie giggled.

They exited the apartment block by the car park and walked over the footbridge, joining the crowds on the other side of the river walking towards the festival. Sadie slid her hand into Stephen's and he entwined their fingers before looking down at their hands. "Your hands are so small!" he said.

She hummed in agreement. "Complimentary for all parties involved." she said enthusiastically. Stephen squeezed her hand and laughed loudly as he rubbed his beard with his left hand.

"Am I walking too fast?" he asked, noticing her hurrying to keep up with him.

"A bit - slow down long legs!" she teased.

He slowed down and they held hands while they walked towards the entrance gates and chatted. "There is still a lot to catch up on. We never got talking about how you touch people for a living now! Tell me about that." she giggled.

He sighed an awkward laugh and glanced at her to see she was smiling. "Disrespectful!" he said, clearing his throat. "That's my business that I built, Sadie. It's not just 'touching people', it's helping people with sports injuries so that they can do their jobs or hobbies without injury." he said firmly. "You don't have to make it sound sordid!" he said.

"I wasn't." Sadie's face fell realising he was offended and she let go of his hand. "I know! I know it is, you've worked really hard to make it. I wasn't being disrespectful!" she said quickly, her face flushed. Sadie looked at him. "I was being silly, light-hearted if you will. I'm sorry I offended you. I just wanted to ask about your job." she said with an awkward shrug, confused about his reaction.

Stephen tried to explain to diffuse the awkward atmosphere but she talked at the same time so they talked over each other and then stopped. "Anywho. How is your mum?" she said, trying to lighten the mood.

"Dead." Stephen said bluntly. Sadie looked at him sharply. "She died at the start of 2020." he said quietly.

Sadie stopped walking and put her hands over her face for a moment. "Here's me thinking I left my shovel at home. Can it get any more awkward?" she asked, stepping back in the direction they had just walked. "Thanks for dinner." she said, turning away from him and waving.

"Sadie." Stephen said, expecting her to return to him but she didn't. "Sadie!" he called out urgently with a laugh and caught the strap of her bag, pulling her back towards him. "Come here you!" he said, fondly. She turned back towards him with her head bowed and her face flushed with embarrassment. Stephen grabbed her by the hand and pulled her over to the side, out of the way of the crowd. "I'm sorry I told you about my mum like that and I'm sorry I didn't tell you before now and I'm sorry I was hostile about my job." he said quietly, looking down at her. She shook her head gently. "People are always making jokes about my job." he shrugged.

She looked up at him from under her furrowed brow. "Come on! You've thicker skin than that, Stephen!" Sadie said, frowning as she slid her left hand round his waist under his blazer.

He shifted on his feet, rested his hands on her shoulders and nodded slowly as he leaned his head down closer to hers. He sighed and swallowed hard. "Mum left the 4 of us money in her Will. I used mine to buy my apartment and start my business so it's a bit more..." he looked up at her and thought.

"Emotional?" she offered with a kind smile.

"Personal." he said, fixing his gaze on her. "Stop looking at me like that." he said quickly with an awkward chuckle.

"It's compassion, not pity." she said reassuringly, placing her right hand on his cheek.

"I know it is, Sade but just..." he kissed her quickly. "I'm still not sure what to do with it all... sorry." he shook his head and looked embarrassed.

She shook her head. "Please don't apologise. Thank you for telling me." she smiled. "I know that's not how you wanted it to be." she said softly.

Stephen avoided making eye contact, stood up straight and took a deep breath. They stood for a moment longer without speaking as the crowd filtered past them. "OK? Ready to go?" she asked, looking at him. He clasped her hand and they walked further on to the gates of the concert. They walked round the site, looking at the merchandise and found a spot to stand. Sadie insisted on buying the drinks since Stephen had cooked dinner. She returned from the bar with a plastic pint of beer, a bottle of water and a big grin.

Own2006
Own2006
60 Followers
12