Friends, Sexcapades and Love Affairs Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Mike was Mike, and at least he could be decent enough not to act on impulse and refrain from having sex inside the bar. The atmosphere was as lewd as it could get, but he doubted the personnel would tolerate people having an orgy while supposedly seated at their tables.

But tonight, Mike didn't want to be someone he had always been. Ryan could be just in passing, and that meant that tonight was the night. Without saying a word, he slid down and under the table. From there, he struggled with Ryan's fly. Gentle fingers caught his and helped him.

Mike groaned as he felt the smooth skin under his fingers. It was not easy to tell from that position how big Ryan was, but his cock was pretty thick, and Mike's mouth watered instantly.

It was better to drool over the object of his fascination than sit there. Mike moved his lips over the length of the hard cock in front of him under he reached the head and began lapping gently at it. It tasted so nice Mike couldn't remember ever having something as good as that.

Fingers pushed through his hair, caressing it, and Mike delved in. It felt incredible to have a mouth so full while his own erection was struggling against his jeans. But tonight was all about being bold, so Mike managed to pull out his own cock and began rubbing it in tandem with what he was doing to Ryan's tool of pleasure.

One thing was sure; he needed to be as fast and inconspicuous as he could, to avoid turning the sexy time he was having right now into a nightmare. So he used all the suction power he could muster while treating his cock the same, moving his hand up and down steadily.

Ryan moved and pulled out his balls from his jeans, too, so Mike didn't hesitate to rush at licking them and taking them into his mouth. Everything about Ryan was delicious. His tongue swirled over the taut skin, moving back to the engorged head, and then he swallowed as deep as he could.

The fingers in his hair grabbed gently and pulled him back. Mike bit his lips as hot droplets landed on his cheeks. He squeezed his cock but didn't splash, careful to make his climax as quiet as possible.

He moved back up, and Ryan began patting his cheeks with a tissue. The gesture itself felt like a reward for a job well done. Ryan kissed his lips and then laughed. "I had no idea this bar was that kind of place."

"I don't think it is, normally," Mike said, this time embarrassed by his earlier audacity. "I just hope nobody noticed."

"It's true that I could only observe heavy petting and nothing overtly sexual, or at least not as sexual as this, as we got seated to your table," Ryan replied. "So, it was a bit risky what you did?"

Mike tried to be nonchalant about it. "I guess."

"I wish I could clearly see your face like that, all covered in my cum," Ryan whispered into his ear.

Mike wiped his hand nervously on a tissue, too. Was that really him? Did he have it in him to be like that? Now, after the fact, no matter how awesome it had been, Mike felt like getting cold feet.

"You smell of me. That's nice," Ryan continued. "Hey, are you shivering? Are you cold?"

"No." Mike shook his head, vigorously. "I just ... I mean ... I don't usually do such things."

Ryan pulled him close, lending him some of his body heat. "Then I'm all the more honored. Hey, what would you like to drink next?"

Mike just mumbled something and let himself comforted. Their kisses turned satiated now, and the waiter came and went a few times. After a couple of hours, he was wasted in all sorts of ways, but he wasn't shivering anymore, and any fear over what he had done was gone, too.

"I don't want to be a spoilsport, but during the workweek, I go to sleep at the same time," Ryan said.

"It's all right," Mike said right away. "I should head home, too."

He had a mind to ask Ryan if he wanted to come over, but he didn't want to assume. After all, Ryan had just made it quite clear that he needed his sleep.

"I have one regret about tonight," Ryan said.

Mike could feel the familiar squeeze on his heart. And there came the other shoe, dropping like a rock. It was usually like that. Even his very few hookups often told him that he was nice, but none cared about seeing him again. Sort of like what usually happened to Jared, but in his case, the guys Jared was hooking up with were as gorgeous as him, only that they were social butterflies.

"Do you want to know about it?" Ryan asked.

"Sure." Mike tried to be cool about it. "Shoot."

"We didn't get to talk," Ryan said and pulled him in for another kiss. "I think I was just too taken with this."

Mike snickered and then tried to rein in his emotions. "I guess I was, too."

"So let's meet again this week. I can't promise anything for tomorrow or on Wednesday, but on Thursday, I'm free."

"Great," Mike said in a heartbeat. Was it okay to appear so enthusiastic?

"Let me give you my number."

Mike pulled out his phone like it was a lifeboat, and he was the last man standing on the Titanic. "Ryan," he whispered as he entered the phone number.

"I really had a great time, Mike. I hope that we'll get to know each other properly."

"I hope so, too."

"Now come here. I know I need to go, but I want to kiss you one more time."

Mike couldn't recall other kisses or other men in his life. Ryan was a master of all things involving kissing.

"Why did you say that you felt lucky tonight?" Mike asked when Ryan let him breathe.

"Didn't I get lucky?" Ryan laughed. "Well, it's simple. Here I was, walking among strangers, and I saw the cutest boy ever. And that was you, just in case you're wondering."

"I'm not exactly the kind to make an impression." Mike tried to protest.

"That's what you think. I like the shy and nervous type."

"Ah," Mike said. "Really?"

Ryan nodded. "They tend to be honest people. And I value honesty above everything. I don't like people that are too polished, fake. I like genuine people, like you."

"Wow," Mike said in a low voice. "I had no idea anyone liked that."

"What? Honesty?"

"No, I didn't mean that. I meant the shy and nervous type."

Ryan laughed. "Well, I don't know about other people, but I do. Quite a lot."

"So I'm your type?" Mike ventured to ask.

"I don't feel my lips anymore, so that's mission accomplished. I'd say you are, and more than that. It's refreshing. Usually, people want something from me."

"I want something from you, too," Mike replied.

"Maybe," Ryan admitted, "but first you gave me something. And I didn't hear you asking for anything in return."

"I guess I can't feel my lips anymore, either. Maybe that's enough for a reward."

"Let's meet again, Mike. I want to get to know you."

"Ryan, can I ask you something? Do you really think I'm cute?" Mike blasted out the question like an artillery round.

Ryan laughed. "Yeah, the cutest."

"In that bar for preppies?"

"In the known universe right now," Ryan replied.

Damn, Ryan had a way with words, Mike thought. Right now, he hated that he had work tomorrow, and that Ryan had work tomorrow, and that they had to part ways. He wanted to do the getting to know part, and the going to sleep together part, and the waking up together part, and all the parts that made a whole.

The waiter left the bill on the table and withdrew without making a sound. Ryan took it before Mike had a chance to reach for it.

"I invited you here," Mike insisted.

He knew it had to be expensive, but it wasn't like he spent money on many things, anyway. This was worth it.

"And I'm new around here, so I need to get on your good side so that you would invite me again," Ryan argued.

Mike stared a little, as Ryan paid in cash. That was a bit weird, but maybe not everyone liked to use credit cards and their phones to pay.

"Is there something wrong? Look, you could pay next time," Ryan said.

"Nothing, it's just that you pay cash. Not that it's wrong," Mike hurried to say.

"I like to have money on me when I go around having fun. Sometimes a name is like a tin can strapped to your tail if you know what I mean. I use credit cards like everyone else in day by day activities. That's all."

"Oh, okay," Mike said.

It wasn't until later that night, as he recalled the events that he realized he didn't know Ryan's last name.

***

A tall man in a business suit was followed by a cohort of men and women dressed sharply talking animatedly. From where he stood, Mike could only see the man's back, and he had to admit, just like anyone else, that the new boss had a striking presence.

It was funny, he thought, how the short dark hair stopping right above the collar of his shirt looked precisely like Ryan's hair. But maybe he had a bit of a crush, so Mike saw Ryan in every man he met carrying a smidge of resemblance. There was still a long time until Thursday, and Mike tried not to think about it, or the passing of time would drive him nuts.

Down in the basement, surrounded by the comforting blinking of server lights, Mike got to work. That was enough to distract his attention from the awesome guy he met on Monday evening.

After a couple of hours, his phone rang. Mike smiled as he saw Jared's pretty face popping on the screen. "Hey," he said, and he was pretty sure the way he smiled was palpable even through the phone.

"You're in a good mood," Jared commented. "And here I was, worried that you haven't called to tell me about your night. Did you go out, as we talked?"

"Yes, I did," Mike confirmed, and his lips stretched into a broader grin. "And I met a gorgeous guy!"

"Wow, do you have time to tell me everything? I'm on a break."

Jared was a professional photographer and doing mostly freelancing work, so he wasn't constrained by the same rules as nine to five employees.

"I can give you the abridged version."

"Please, do," Jared encouraged him.

"Well, I went to a bar close to work, and I met him," Mike started.

"Is he a co-worker then?" Jared asked.

"No. I mean, he didn't say, but he didn't know anyone there and was all by himself, although a lot of people were ogling him. And he said he's new in town, so he must have landed in that bar by accident. Then he asked me if I knew other places that were more fun, and that's how I ended up making out with him for more than two hours."

"Wow," Jared said. "Nice work, Mike. Listen, did you take his number?"

"I sure did," Mike said, proud of himself.

"That's great. So are you two going to see each other again?"

"On Thursday. He's pretty busy with work."

"What does he do for a living?" Jared asked.

"It didn't come up. Nothing came up really since we were just too busy kissing like crazy."

"I'm glad to hear the attraction is mutual, and, Mike, I'm proud of you for getting out of your shell a little."

"You should've seen me," Mike said, no longer able to hold it in. "I blew him in the bar."

"You did what?" Jared exclaimed.

"Yeah," Mike said, and now felt getting red just thinking of it. "I just wanted to, and I went for it. He was surprised but pleased."

"What kind of bar was that?" Jared asked.

Mike told him quickly.

"Then you're lucky you didn't get caught, although, frankly, I think a lot of people do more than just kissing when they go there. Still, it's nice for more of a romantic fantasy," Jared said. "So, you're free tonight?"

"How's Chris?" Mike asked, realizing he had been too busy gushing out about his crush that he hadn't asked his friend anything about him or the guy he was seeing.

"We haven't talked yet," Jared replied, and his voice was strained.

"I'm sure he'll call," Mike said.

"I'm not holding my breath. Seriously, I need to check some matrimonial websites or something."

"Chris seemed a lot into you. He's just busy," Mike said.

"I suppose. But I try a new diet now," Jared joked, "one that's not based on disappointments as the main course. So I'm trying to take things lightly."

A company memo blinked on Mike's screen, and he opened it. "J, I'd love to talk, but it looks like I need to go introduce myself to the new boss or something."

"Okay. Let's meet tonight. And good luck."

"I hope he doesn't fire me or something," Mike said in a nervous voice.

"Fire you? Mike, have a little confidence. You're indispensable."

"What if he wants to make some cuts?" Mike felt his anxiety rising as the reality of the memo opened in front of him caught up with him.

"You can't know that. Look, go, and say hello. I think it's a good sign that the boss wants to see you."

"He wants to see everyone; it seems," Mike said, as he looked through the memo again. "I'm scheduled in ten minutes, so I better run."

"I'll keep my fingers crossed. But I'm sure you'll be fine. Hey, call me after you see your boss. You know, just so that I know you're fine."

"Okay," Mike said.

He wished he could have Jared's confidence in him. Human interaction was a discipline he had never been good at.

***

He knocked shortly, even if the secretary told him to go right in, and entered only after he heard the encouragement to come in from the inside.

Mike kept his eyes down as he entered. He closed the door behind him carefully, and only after that, he looked up.

"What the hell?"

Those were the words of his boss. He didn't speak. There was too much ice in his veins for him to do that.

Behind the old boss's desk sat no one else but Ryan. His Ryan. What his? What Ryan? What was he thinking?

Mike just stood there, completely frozen, and gaping like a fish. It was Ryan, all right. Gone were the plaid shirt and relaxed attitude. Instead, Ryan had been swallowed by a dark blue smart business suit, and he looked nothing like the guy Mike had made out with for hours on Monday evening.

But he was the same guy, and Mike felt his lungs draining of air.

"Do you work here?" Ryan asked and stood up abruptly.

Mike would have taken a step back, but he was already glued to the door.

"Yes," he said in a faint voice. "Do you?"

It was stupid to ask that, but his mind was empty. Not for long.

"Are you going to fire me?"

"Are you going to sue me?" Ryan asked at the same time.

"What?! No!" Both exclaimed.

Ryan sat back at his desk and pushed his fingers through his hair. "Why the hell didn't you say anything about working here when we met?"

"You didn't ask," Mike pointed out.

"I'm sure I did," Ryan said, and his eyes were darting sideways like he didn't want to look at Mike at all.

"You just asked if I went there often and if I knew anyone," Mike said, regaining his voice. He could not just stand there and allowed to be judged unfairly.

"And? Why did you lie?"

"I didn't! I never go to that bar, and I don't get along with anyone!" Mike pursed his lips and then looked down stubbornly.

Ryan groaned and leaned back into his chair. "What the fuck, Mike? Wait, is that even your name?"

"I don't lie," Mike said, and the ice in his veins turned to steel. He was like a cornered animal. His forgotten strength was coming to the rescue.

Ryan looked at the screen on his desk. "Micah Cavanaugh."

"All my friends call me Mike." Great, now he was defensive.

Ryan groaned again. "What fucking luck. I should've known not to try to pick up someone in a place so close to work. But you looked so out of place that I just ..." He trailed off and ran a hand over his face.

"Do I keep my job or not?" Mike felt cold sweat pouring down his back. Ryan looked angry. Angry bosses were just one of the many things that made him feel anxious.

"Of course, you do," Ryan said. "So, are you trying to tell me that it was just a mistake? That you really didn't know anyone at that bar?"

"Shy and nervous," Mike found himself talking.

"What?" Ryan asked, and his dark eyes thinned in displeasure.

"Nothing," Mike replied. "That's me."

And your type, he felt tempted to say, but it wouldn't be fair. If he tried to put himself in Ryan's shoes, he could realize the situation was bad. No one had to know. But, hell, some people must have seen them leaving together. Shit, shit, shit.

"This is a fucked-up situation," Ryan said.

"It's all right. I won't tell a soul a thing. It's buried. It never happened," Mike said quickly.

"Some people must have seen us going out of the bar together," Ryan pointed out.

"And I could just say that you asked me something about directions to ... places. It's not like anyone followed us into the street or anything. I think." He was babbling, and his nervousness was growing.

Ryan sighed. "I take a gamble here, trusting you."

Please, please, I don't want to start searching for a job, Mike prayed silently. "You don't have to worry. Also, people might have stared at you at the bar that night, but I'm pretty much invisible. No one will remember I was there, too."

"You're not invisible," Ryan said, and his voice was calm now, composed. "And I remember."

Mike swallowed and continued to look down at his snickers. "Mr. Armstrong, you wanted to see me?" he asked in as a neutral voice as could muster.

Ryan picked the cue. "You're an exemplary employee, Mr. Cavanaugh. You are due a raise." His voice was neutral, too, professional.

"You don't have to bribe me," Mike mumbled, staring at his feet.

"Stop assuming that you know me," Ryan said in a frosty voice. "My decision to offer you a raise had been taken before you entered my office."

"How come you were drinking alone that night?" Mike asked, feeling like he had the right to ask some questions, too.

"I rejected anyone approaching me on the grounds that I was during my off-hours. I believe I was quite convincing."

Mike could bet. The cold man in a suit sitting at his desk was nothing like the Ryan he thought he knew. But he didn't know anything.

"And didn't you worry what people might say about seeing you leave with someone?"

"My private life is none of anyone's business," Ryan said, and this time, his eyes were burning with something.

Mike nodded. "I understand. Thank you for the raise, sir."

"Dismissed," Ryan said.

Mike walked out of Ryan's office, stiff and cold everywhere. There was a sound, something like a thump, from behind the closed door, and he cringed, pushing his head into his shoulders. Such things could only happen to him.

***

Jared caressed his hair gently as he lay with his head on the table, feeling miserable. "Hey, it was just a mistake on both parts. And he wouldn't dare to fire you now. It's no one's fault, but if he wants to spread the guilt around, he's equally guilty. Actually, even more than you."

"How's that?" Mike asked, and his words came out slurred, as his cheek pressed hard against the wood, making it difficult to talk.

"He should've known not to hunt so close to home," Jared said promptly. "You had no idea who he was, but he could assume you were an employee. Plus, he didn't ask you directly if you worked with the others."

"That's pretty much what he said, and what we talked about. How come these things only happen to me?" Mike complained.

Wallowing in his misery, he missed Adrian taking a seat next to him.

"What's with our pretty boy?" Adrian asked, cheerful as usual.

"He got involved in a difficult situation," Jared said in a diplomatic tone.

"I blew my boss," Mike said directly.

Adrian appeared surprised for a moment. Mike couldn't tell since he didn't dare to look at his friend. "Wow, kinky." So like Adrian to say such a thing. "Did it happen in the Oval Office? Did you keep the dress or does the Secret Service have it already?"

Jared moved his hand from Mike's hair, most probably to punch Adrian. "None of them had any idea they worked together when that happened. It was just a coincidence," he explained.

"Damn. What are you going to do, Mike? I could ask around if you want to work someplace else."

Mike could tell Jared was making desperate gestures for Adrian to stop talking.