Friends, Sexcapades and Love Affairs Ch. 21

Story Info
Someone must endure 'a little heat'.
7.1k words
4.87
5.7k
2

Part 22 of the 29 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 05/26/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Author's note: I know some of you have greatly anticipated this moment, so the time for confessions is now :) I want to give my thanks to BlowPopJ, Baladeer, and Hutchison12 for their awesome reactions to the previous chapter. Writing is a very lonely business, so your kind words and thoughts truly help me in this endeavor.

*****

Chapter Twenty-One - A Little Heat

There was heat everywhere, spreading from the point where their lips met, tendrils of lava stretching to the tiniest capillary in his body. Mike could tell his eyelids fluttered as Ryan kept him close and kissed him like he had dreamed of for so long. But he wouldn't keep his eyes closed, not now when it mattered that he was aware and fully conscious of what was happening to him. It mattered not only for the present but for the future, too.

Ryan kept Mike's head in his hands as their lips parted and looked into his eyes. He was searching for something on Mike's face, his eyebrows furrowed, but his lips quirked in the shadow of a smile. Mike blushed under that intense stare.

"Did you mean it?" Ryan asked softly as his thumbs moved to caress Mike's cheeks.

Mike bit his bottom lip. His blushing intensified. "Every word," he replied somewhat stubbornly. It was hard to sustain Ryan's gaze when he looked at him like that. The most unnerving thing was that Ryan was silent. "Why aren't you saying anything?"

"Because I'm speechless."

"Oh, good." Mike breathed out. "It would have been bad if you had hated me or something."

Ryan laughed and gave Mike another kiss, this time short and less heated, but no less sweet. "How could I hate you after hearing such a confession?"

"I don't know what to say to that," Mike admitted. "Oh, it was a rhetorical question, right?"

Ryan didn't reply. Instead, he brushed his lips against Mike's mouth, teasing it. They were still at work, Mike realized and withdrew.

Ryan rested his forehead against his and sighed. "We shouldn't be doing this here, right?"

"I'm still your employee, and you're still my boss," Mike pointed out the obvious. "I can't believe you came here and, um," he hesitated for a moment, "kissed me like this." The last words, he said quickly, afraid of their meaning and weight. "You're risking a lot, right?" He looked down, embarrassed about having triggered that reaction in Ryan with his reckless behavior.

Ryan kept him close, preventing him from stepping away. "For you, I think I can stand a little heat."

Mike wasn't sure those words were the best to describe the fire he could clearly feel as Ryan embraced him, his strong arms all around him. Still, as much as Ryan seemed bent on engaging in some reckless behavior, too, Mike couldn't allow it. He placed both hands on Ryan's chest. "Someone could walk in."

"That's true," Ryan admitted. "I should keep my hands off you." As he said that, he pulled Mike closer. "If only I could figure out how to do that."

Mike responded with a small, nervous laugh. It was a good thing Ryan held him because he wasn't entirely sure he would be able to stand on his feet otherwise.

Ryan kissed the crown of his head. "I thought my morning was the pits until you said those three little words."

"Why was your morning bad?"

"Company stuff. I won't talk about that now. There are more important things on my mind."

Mike didn't dare to ask what things because he guessed, and also because he didn't hope to hear them, loud and clear, not now when his heart was full and almost on the point of bursting through his chest.

"These two weeks will be the longest in my entire life," Ryan said.

"I guess," Mike realized as he caught the meaning of what Ryan hinted at.

"You guess?" Ryan chuckled. "You're a bit mischievous, aren't you, Micah?"

Mike shuddered. The way Ryan had his name like that like it was an endearing nickname, not the actual official one on his ID, made his body tremble. There was an intimacy in it, of the kind he had known little if he didn't count his parents. His friends never called him that, and Mike liked it that it was special, despite feeling a little guilty.

Ryan caressed his jawline slowly. "You couldn't wait to tell me that." It wasn't a question, although there was a bit of insecurity in how he said it.

Mike placed his hands on Ryan's wrists and touched the skin above the shirt cuffs. It felt like such a small thing, but right now, the knowledge that Ryan was no longer unattainable filled his heart with so much happiness that slight dizziness overcame him. "I couldn't."

Ryan kissed his forehead this time. "I'm glad. I guess I should go back to work."

"Yes. Me, too. Are you mad at me? A little? I know you said that you needed me here."

"I couldn't be. I'm not thrilled that I'm losing a hard worker and an excellent employee, but how could I be mad? What I'm getting in return is so much better."

"Like what?" Mike mumbled. It was clear that all his courage had drained considerably. "What are you getting?"

"The cutest boyfriend I could ever have," Ryan said.

Mike cuddled against Ryan's chest. "I'm cute?"

"Yes. Don't tell me you don't know it."

"I don't."

"Then, here you go. You are the cutest guy I've ever met."

"Do you mean it?" Mike felt a bit bold as he straightened up and looked at Ryan, his head thrown back.

"Are you teasing me now?" Ryan looked like he wanted to add something to that, but his phone began to ring. "I have to go," he said, sounding as regretful as Mike felt. "Keep in touch?"

"I'll call you tonight," Mike announced in a loud voice. Was that what one supposed to tell his boyfriend of only several hours or so? That, if he counted from the moment he had confessed. Was that how Ryan counted, too? Wait, were they even boyfriends?

Ryan grimaced as he looked at his phone, but didn't answer, choosing to turn it off for the time being. "Is there something wrong?" he asked.

Mike breathed one time, hard. "Are we boyfriends now?"

Ryan's eyes lit up. "I guess we are. Secret boyfriends, even, until your two weeks' notice ends."

"Secret boyfriends," Mike said reverently and sighed. "But no fooling around, right?"

"I suppose we could fool around a bit," Ryan said and seemed to ponder for a bit. "What do you have in mind?"

Mike couldn't say there was anything on his mind right now. There was just too much to process. "Nothing," he admitted regretfully.

Ryan caressed his head. "Then, we'll think of something, right?"

Mike nodded. Ryan kissed him one more time and walked away, keeping his hand until they had to let go. Mike dropped on his chair, feeling emotionally exhausted, but too happy to care.

***

Adrian had had his head in the clouds for most of the day. If the people he worked with had noticed, they chose not to say a word, and he was thankful for having such tactful colleagues. His assistant, Rachel, however, seemed to find way too many things to do around him, and, in the end, he had to ask. "Rachel, what are you doing?"

His assistant smiled brightly at him. "I just thought you needed the help." She had a thick stack of folders in her arms.

"Not that badly. Why are you sniffing around me?"

"You are in love," Rachel said each word as she bounced the folder stack in her arms as if she cradled a baby.

Adrian threw her an irritated look. "Where do you get these ideas?"

"Hmm," Rachel pondered, "dreamy eyes, you forgot to go to lunch, you're staring at the clock like a kid who barely waits for school to be out -"

"Maybe I just want to go home because I didn't catch any sleep last night," Adrian explained.

Rachel snorted. "Right. Could it be that you didn't sleep because you were busy banging Edward?"

Adrian sighed. If only. He wouldn't be such a mess right now, and it wasn't like him to be a mess because that wasn't him. Somehow, he had let his guard down, quite happily, and now it was hard as hell to crawl back behind the armor he called his former self. He didn't fit inside it anymore.

"C'mon, you can tell me," Rachel added and leaned forward, the folders in her arms balancing dangerously. "Did you two get to the next level?"

Adrian stared at her, puzzled. "What next level? Is this one of your kinky ideas about what guys do when they're together?"

Rachel made a long face. "Pull your mind out of the gutter, boss. What I mean is meeting the parents."

"Meeting the parents?" Adrian felt dumb, repeating his assistant's words. He shook his head. Clearly, he wasn't himself today. "No, and I don't see how that's relevant."

"Ah," Rachel said and threw Adrian an all-knowing look. "So, you're still in that 'all heat, no talking' phase?"

"No talking? You know what, Rachel? Just get out of here. I mean, take the rest of the day off, or whatever. Okay?"

Rachel pointed at the clock on the wall with a solemn finger. "Geez, boss. Thank you for the ten-minute offer."

Adrian was surprised. No matter how often he had stared at the digital keeper of time on the opposite wall from his desk, it had barely registered with him. He needed his wits about himself if he wanted to truly take Edward and their relationship to the next level. He stood up.

"You're leaving?" Rachel sounded surprised, and for all the right reasons. "You never leave before anyone else."

"I'm counting on you not to tell on me," Adrian said and began walking toward the door.

Rachel drew a deep sigh as he passed by her. "It must be love."

"Shut up," Adrian replied, but without bite.

"Don't forget about me when you send the wedding invitations," Rachel called after him as he walked out.

Adrian was in no mood to analyze his feelings, but Rachel's blunt and well-aimed intervention had given him something to think about. All macho as he felt and pretended, he didn't need words like those to mess with his head. There was something between Edward and him, and it had grown stronger over the last weeks, but it was in no one's interest to jump to conclusions.

He called Edward as he climbed in a taxi. There was no clear explanation for feeling as giddy as he did.

"You're two minutes early," Edward's welcome words were.

"I just left work, and I was wondering if you were up to get together tonight."

"Like boyfriends?" Edward's voice dropped, leaving room for interpretation. There was something conspiratorial in how he spoke.

"Exactly like that."

"Hmm," Edward teased, "and do you have any idea what outstanding obligations are involved with that status of our relationship? After all, you haven't had a boyfriend in a while, Adrian."

"Neither have you," Adrian pointed out.

"Are you trying to tell me that I'm inexperienced?" It sounded like Edward felt affronted by the mere idea.

"In this case, yes," Adrian replied, full of confidence.

"You're wrong," Edward said.

Some of the giddiness from earlier dissipated in an instant. "What do you mean?" Adrian could feel a frown forming. "When was the last time you had a boyfriend?"

"Last year," Edward said airily. "You're not the first to ask for the boyfriend experience."

Adrian worked his jaw. Were they still playing, then? He had thought that was over. "So, how did you two break up?"

"In the most natural way. Once arrived at that point, the attraction faded. It was an amicable breakup if that's what you're asking."

"Ah, I see. You already have the end written in your pocket, then?" Adrian said as he let his head back. He didn't want his bitterness to show, but there was nothing else to do.

"You're jumping to conclusions, Adrian. What are you afraid of so much? Be honest, and you'll get an honest answer in return."

Like that would happen. Adrian was no longer riding on the tail of some dream, and he felt stupid about it, too. Something cold grew in the middle of his chest. Edward would give him only what he wanted, and nothing else. But Adrian, he was no schmuck to be played like that.

"Afraid?" He chuckled. "I'm never afraid."

"Big words. I am a tad disappointed."

"Oh, you're disappointed?" Adrian knew his voice was harsh and cutting, but he didn't want to control it.

To his surprise, Edward laughed. "A second fight. And also over the phone. Is this how you prefer?"

Fight, not conflict. Adrian felt his anger fading a little. "You're good at this, Edward. Too good."

A sigh was the answer. Words followed, and they surprised Adrian once more. "Not as good as you."

"Flattery will get you nowhere," Adrian said.

"Really?" Edward perked up. "Do you still want to meet tonight? As boyfriends? Or what do you have in mind? What do you prefer?"

Adrian adjusted his position and crossed his legs. His body throbbed only thinking of Edward. There was still plenty of satisfaction to be had. "Come tonight by my place. But don't expect me to be a loving boyfriend."

"Hmm, what sort of boyfriend should I expect you to be, then?" Edward purred, sending a ticklish sensation through Adrian's ear as if he was there in flesh and blood.

A jealous one. Like Adrian would tell the truth. "Sometimes, Edward, I think you act as your true self only when you're brought to heel."

Edward's laugher was sexy and uninhibited. Adrian winced. First order of things, he needed to take a shower. Cold.

"I'll keep you to that."

***

Adrian spent a lot of time in the mirror, adjusting his clothes, fixing his tie, and pulling at the cuffs. He would take Edward out and show him what the boyfriend experience really meant. If it was over, if that was all Edward wanted, Adrian planned to go out with a bang. Also, he had decided, a while ago, that he would fight tooth and nail for that man to be his. Yet, he wasn't unreasonable. If, after everything, Edward still told him goodbye, Adrian would move on, confident, as always, in who he was.

Regrets notwithstanding, Adrian was prepared. He threw another look in the mirror and ran one hand through his hair. Sure, he could project confidence all he wanted, so why were his eyes lying?

The doorbell let him know that his lover was there. Not one moment left to worry. It was showtime.

"Wow, Adrian, you look amazing," Edward praised him on his looks the moment he was invited in. "What's the occasion?"

"We're going out," Adrian said curtly. "My treat. I hope you're up for dinner."

Edward shrugged. "Of course. But I should pick the place and the tab. After all, I'm the one supposed to spoil you and not the other way around."

"Being boyfriends implies that I'm no plaything. You took me to your home, a party, and your yacht. It's my turn to do something for you."

"All right, Adrian. Point taken," Edward admitted and leaned forward while watching Adrian intently. "I feel like you're playing for something."

"Of course. Isn't it all just a game?" Adrian didn't waver under that intense stare. "I plan to win."

Edward quirked an eyebrow. Adrian felt a smile of triumph creeping up his lips. Without hesitating, he took Edward in his arms, stared into his eyes for just one moment, and kissed him hard. To his contentment, there was no resistance, and soon Edward was the one to deepen the kiss and make it heated. Adrian buried one hand into the chestnut mane, brushed to perfection, and bit hard on his lover's lips. Then he released him.

"We should go. I already made the reservation."

Edward's eyes were in a daze, and his tie was a tiny bit crooked. Adrian fixed it with one hand and moved his fingers through Edward's hair with the other. "There. You were looking a bit flushed."

A small chuckle followed him as he walked out, holding Edward by the hand. He couldn't feel smugger about himself if he wanted.

***

"It is a nice place," Edward commented, as they took place at their table. "So, you love Italian food?"

"Who doesn't?" Adrian offered a smirk.

"Right. Your family name is Rossi. Half Italian?"

Adrian nodded. "My father's side. My mom used to be an English teacher, and believe it or not, that was how they met."

"Your father was your mother's student? I hope it wasn't an illicit affair."

Adrian laughed. "No. She offered private lessons, and my father, being new here, needed to brush up on his English. According to him, it was love at first sight. According to her, she acted hard to get enough to have his attention. Apparently, I am one of the outcomes of that stubbornness."

"Which you inherited from your father, by the looks of it," Edward pointed out.

"I know it's nothing fancy compared to what you might be used to, but it's my choice, and I know you'll love it."

"Adrian," Edward said, "you worry about the little things too much. I was hoping you would be clever, too, not just handsome."

"I have little idea of what you're talking about, but I'm not the insecure type. Time will tell us who outsmarted who."

The food was brought to the table, so they fell silent for a moment.

"Hmm, it smells delicious. I can tell it's pasta," Edward said as he stared at his plate, "but far from me to make a lame attempt to guess its name."

"Strangozzi," Adrian supplied the answer. "With black truffle."

"So it also sounds yummy. Now the only thing that's left is to see if the dish lives up to the promise held by its name." Edward moved his hands delicately as he fixed himself the perfect bite. Adrian followed his every move until a small moan of satisfaction escaped his lover's lips.

"It is everything and more," Edward said. "Is there a secret reason why you chose this dish?"

"You haven't guessed it? And I thought it would be a little too on the nose. Consider it a metaphor for us. I'm the mundane pasta, and you are -"

"The truffle," Edward completed the sentence. "Well, I hope you do realize that you've just compared me to a parasite."

"Hey, truffles are not exactly that. They actually help the roots go deeper," Adrian explained.

Edward smiled. "I was just teasing you. It is a great dish, and the restaurant has a private atmosphere which I like. It looks like the kind of place where people propose."

Adrian made his right hand into a fist on the table. To give it something to do, he grabbed his glass. "Far from me to steal your freedom. To the boyfriend experience."

Edward clinked his glass against his. "I can drink to that. So far, it looks better than expected."

"I told you a little about my parents. What about yours?" Adrian asked.

"What do you want to know?"

"What do they do? I mean, I gather that they're loaded, but -"

"I see. If I have to define my bloodline, I'd say that it's a mixture of industrialists, lawyers, and doctors, like me. My father is - I think the common term would be an oil tycoon, while my mother is a lawyer."

"So, normally, you became a doctor."

Edward chuckled. "Someone had to keep the proper percentage belonging to each category. I love my work. There had been, up until a point, various degrees of disappointment over not choosing something more productive, moneywise, but, in the end, I think they understood."

"They didn't want you to be a doctor?" Adrian asked, a tad surprised.

"No, the profession as a wide category was approved. But they hoped I would choose to be a neurosurgeon or something more cutting edge, so to speak."

"I can only imagine how those fights in the family must have been like. Very polite, I assume."

"Very," Edward admitted. "How about you? Were your parents happy to see you working in advertising? Or did they have something else in mind for you?"

"My parents are really chill. My dad has been in the construction field all his life and thought it better to leave my mom in charge of my education. She cultivated in me a love for words from a young age. So, they were happy when I told them I got a good job. But I think that even if I taught in a public school, like my mom, they would have still been happy for me."

"Your family sounds great."

There was a small pause as they appeared to ponder about their families and their importance in who they were today. "What about coming out to your folks?" Adrian breached the silence with an important question.