Friendships Ch. 06

Story Info
Francine and concerts.
9.2k words
4
2.2k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 6 of the 8 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 09/05/2017
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Thank you Tigerssman for helping with this story.

*

The clients at the clinic didn't notice the change of songs Krynn was singing. Molly escaped from time to time.

After two months, large signs started to pop up all over town; it was 'SHU presents: An Evening with Molly and Krynn.' Penny thought that Mama really should have a night out to relax and unwind, so she offered to stay home and watch the babies.

Most of the songs were to be traditional religious songs that many knew well; Krynn huddled with the Arabic hands about some of their favorites. Krynn asked Sarah if the Arabic hands could have off when they went to practice their songs. She felt it would lift their spirits hearing songs from their homeland.

Molly started off with a long, soft song to set the mood and to get everyone in their seats. Krynn took the mic.

"Hey folks, as you have noticed we have no program. We want to surprise you. We will have an intermission, so we are just going to have a blast tonight. Many songs you will know, but we have some surprises as well. If you don't know a song, close your eyes and let the song envelope you."

Then Krynn started singing. The voice was the one that blew the judges away; She didn't need a mic due to the acoustics of the hall. Krynn was born to do this; all thoughts of a scar faded away.

The Mayor and the Family court judge were rocking it down on the first row. Then there were a few duos with Krynn; Molly was in her element, she loved playing with her.

Krynn announced, "Molly and I had such a challenging time paring down all these beautiful songs. Perhaps we can do more theme-based concerts in the future. Tonight is just about having a ton of fun and some surprises most concertgoers never see. We want everyone here to enjoy themselves and to take away a special morsel you had fun with or brought back some good memories."

This song is so beautiful; and so rhythmical that Molly and I had to put it in our concert. Many of you will not know it so we are going to play it several times so you can at least get the tune. If you know the song, sing out to help your neighbors to get to know the song."

Molly and Krynn broke up the concert into segments so more people could join in on the fun.

Then to the surprise to all, Molly and Krynn left the stage. Then Sarah got another surprise; several of her Arabic hands took the stage. They had been secretly rehearsing in the bunkhouses.

Now, the hands were enjoying performing. Several other hands joined in as they all sang, 'Oh, Susanna,' 'Clementine,' 'Home on the range,' and 'The Song of the One-legged Chicken.' They were just some of the lighthearted, foot stomping, knee slapping fun songs that everyone just had to sing.

Molly came to center stage and said, "Wow what fun, that will be hard to top. Let's try anyway." Molly was not one to do the expected.

Molly started to play the introduction to 'On top of Old Smoky.'

Molly directed the crowd to sing, but caught them off guard when she started to sing,

"On top of spaghetti all covered with cheese, I lost my poor meatball when somebody

sneezed."

"It rolled off the table, and onto the floor and then my poor meatball rolled out of the

door."

"It rolled out to the garden, and under a bush, then my poor meatball was nothing but

mush."

Applause and laughter echoed off the walls of the chamber.

"I want to dedicate this next song to a good friend. Miss Sarah this song is for you."

"Old Miss Sarah had a farm 'E-I-E-I-O.'"

"And on that farm, there were some horses 'E-I-E-I-O'."

"With a 'Na-Na,' here and a 'Na-Na' there."

"Here a 'Na,' there a 'Na,' everywhere a 'Na-Na.'"

"Old Miss Sarah had a farm 'E-I-E-I-O.'"

Molly said, "OK folks, we are going to take a thirty-minute break for intermission. We ask you all to go out, as we have to set up for some more surprises."

The room was different when everyone got back. The front half of the hall seats were gone, replaced by a dance floor, the curtain was down, and people lined the sides of the room were in trench coats.

When the man on stage turned around, Daisy was surprised; it was 'Mr. Conductor'. "OK everyone sings out." He motioned to his left side, and you heard the chorus, "Hi Ho." Then the coats were dropped, and the western wear finery appeared. They started to march up to the dance floor; then the other side did the same, all the while, both sides were collecting dance partners. 'Mr. Conductor,' told Molly's friends, they were going to be involved with something special.

Then the curtain was drawn back, revealing the shocking surprise. It was a Disney Hoedown with the entire troop of Disney members. Members manned jugs, washboards, harmonicas, banjos, and spoons. Molly was playing her guitar, her original one she had at the first hoedown. The woman who sang 'Oh, Holy Night' in Orlando teamed up with Krynn.

Everyone was dancing; even Mama danced with Prince Charming. It was the most fun she had had in many years; she was glad Penny offered to watch the babies.

In the end, 'Woody' escorted the twins and Daisy to center stage. Molly picked up the mic to tell her story.

"I have a little story to tell you, and it includes why my three friends are sitting here. I am sure they already figured it out, but for you new people, it will give you a little history of the people here. It started once again, with Miss Joy who was the roommate of Miss Mei. They started summer break in Florida. Miss Mei's father concluded that you had to smile with mouse ears on."

"This was right after Miss Anne's father and Miss Faith's husband died. At that point, our bear family consisted of 'Cubby,' 'Bear' and 'Teddie.' Miss Mei's mother had the job of finding people who would max out the wardrobes for all three bears. We thought they would like the freedom to express themselves by basically saying the name, where they lived and a like or two and let them fill in the blanks. The order went from three bears to eight bears, many of the moms got their bear. When Miss Joy and Miss Mei went to Disney World, they met Miss Anna and Miss Elsa. Of course, it took zero time for Miss Joy to win them over and before you knew it, they wanted to come up here to Northfield."

"When they were at the club they called me at the ranch. I asked them, 'Could you both come up to the ranch to see my pony?' When they came up, Elsa helped to do some outside jobs with me, and Miss Anna and some others were to do some stable work. It was clear Miss Anna was not a natural with horses. Everyone told her to introduce herself to 'Apache.' It was if an emotional dam broke, 'Apache' started to heal her. Well before dawn, later in the week, Miss Dawn drove a two-horse trailer and Miss Anna to her favorite park. Miss Dawn was going to drill her lessons into her.

"While having lunch, they heard a little voice, "Look, Mommy, it's Anna." Her mother, of course, quieted her saying. "I can't be her Daisy." Daisy was not pleased when she realized her mistake. At that point, Anna went over and presented her Disney card and gave some carrots and apples to Daisy to feed the horses. Both were invited to come down to the ranch the next day. Mom was in a fix; she had a four-year-old daughter that had the chance to go to a real ranch and see real animals she could pet, plus have the chance see Disney characters. She had to say yes. It turned out she had more fun than her daughter did.

"It was then that Daisy fell in love with 'Angel,' her first friend ever. Now, us kids were planning a super-duper surprise party for baby Joshua. For two days in school, we made hearts and helped with some string signs that read 'Welcome Home,' and the other string sign said, 'Baby Joshua.' Daisy and her Mom accepted the invite to go to what was going on that night. The only adults that knew anything were the parents who permitted to keep the party secret."

"Miss Gail made a yellow heart because yellow is the color of friendship, ours were red because we loved Miss Joy. I read what the heart said and dragged Daisy to put her heart next to mine; no one knew we had a rafter full of balloons that would fall right on Miss Joy. We played musical chairs, once we got Miss Joy in the right spot we yanked on the cord to drop the balloons. I planned it, so Daisy could be the third person to yank on the rope."

"In early August, Miss Anna got a two-week vacation, and she came back to Northfield to learn how to ride. Now certificates are done state by state, and it is sad to say, Miss Anna lived in Orlando; we would be there at the end of August when people were going back to school. Us girls were to live in Cinderella's castle.

"Daisy and her parents were added another horse or two. On our way, down about halfway through each day we tried to find a stable to exercise the horses, so my two friends and I were teaching Daisy how to ride each day.

"After we got to the ranch we all ran our horses. Daisy and I did not ride as fast as they did, we wanted to surprise her. This ranch is the ranch that Miss Anna found after Miss Dawn said she should keep riding for therapy. She found 'Orlando'; he looks like 'Apache's' twin.

"We all thought it would be good for everyone to be licensed in two states. Then the teacher rode up to Daisy and asked her if she wanted to show him if she could ride, her parents were stunned. It took longer for Daisy to understand what the teacher wanted her to do, but she passed and passed again up here.

"Somehow, 'Mr. Conductor' found out what happened that day and how good I played this very guitar. He tricked us to come to a Disney Hoedown where I had several solos. To start the concert, I was to play a song, and I could dedicate it to someone.

"I could only think of the last song I was practicing; it was oddly appropriate. I said, 'I want to dedicate this to my three best friends.' Please be quiet until after we finish; this is sentimental for us."

Molly proceeded to play 'You have a friend in me,' all four girls were singing and crying, the crowd was not doing much better.

After a five-minute standing ovation, 'Mr. Conductor' mounted the stage and took up the microphone, "Krynn, can you come here please?" Krynn moved over beside 'Mr. Conductor'. "Krynn this is your musical ambassador card, just like Molly has.

"I seem to have forgotten something, oh, how silly of me, 'Molly can you join us? Woody can I have the folders?' As you know, Disney goes all over the world entertaining people, and they all have concerts. Here are the concert series certificate and card.

"It means from time to time; you may want to join us for a vacation. It also would mean lots of practice from the SHU orchestra and singers, and you will, of course, need to have the concert before you join us. All our English-speaking kingdoms will send you their itinerary for the year; it will take three to six months to learn it. You two are great talents. Keep your skills sharp, and you will go far."

A woman mounted the stage and walked over to Krynn and whispered something in her ear. With a big grin and a bright smile, she nodded her head. With a full orchestra backing them the two women sang out 'O, Holy Night.' Molly started to cry; she knew what was going to happen next.

Krynn and the woman were pitch-perfect and were in total sync with each other.

The woman whispered into Krynn's ear again and then left the stage. Mr. Conductor said, "I am sorry folks, this is the last song, just as it was down in Orlando, except this time it will just be you and your own. We will play it two times, for those who do not know the song, the first phrase repeats three times. I want to hear you singing loud."

Molly gave a brief introduction, and they then started to sing and play 'We wish you a Merry Christmas.' Then there was a long-standing ovation.

'Mr. Conductor' said, "We know everyone who wanted to be here couldn't make it, so we are going to have DVD's soon."

After the concert, Krynn grabbed a friend and Molly and went over to talk to 'Mr. Conductor'.

Krynn said, "My friend, Francine here, is a French woman who deeply loves her country. She can sing better than me. Could you do a guest concert person for her? I am sure she would love to sing in both French and English at Euro Disney."

'Mr. Conductor' said to the woman, "Could you sing for me 'O, Holy Night' first in English than French and then, La Marseillaise, the French National anthem, to show me your passion for singing and your country?"

Tears streaked her face as she sung her National Anthem. You could see her visualizing she was in France.

"Let me hear that one more time, this time no tears. Convert those tears into a clear, strong, proud voice. Tell the world that this is your National Anthem and you are proud of it, and you deeply love your country."

As she started to sing, you could see she latched onto memories and started to build on it. Francine was very controlled; her voice got stronger and stronger, yet not louder and louder. The best 'Mr. Conductor' ever heard.

"Can we get a camera down here? We need to post this woman on YouTube and Facebook."

The next time it was even more powerful. Miss Sarah posted the video in 'Public mode' so everyone could see.

Marie was listening to music and had her headphones on when she clicked the tab; she started crying. She took her laptop and connected it to the stereo and cranked it up to full blast. Then she went around opening all the doors and windows. Loui could not figure out what she was doing so he just watched. Marie hit play, and the room shook. People poured out into the streets, standing at attention with their hands over their hearts.

At Euro Disney, the music director was using his best sound equipment, including a sound analyzer. After listening to it ten times he shook his head, he could not even find even a tiny flaw.

They were having a full rehearsal, so he connected the sound system and hit play.

"This is how you sing people." Everyone was dumbfounded, the French people sang out loud. "Who would want to rehearse with this woman?" Everyone raised their hand including the conductor.

Sarah invited Francine to supper, Krynn picked her up. Molly rode Spirit. She said, "I got the most wonderful post today. It seems that the Disney World conductor uploaded the original video of your songs to the music director of Euro Disney.

"He interrupted a rehearsal and played your music and asked who would like to practice with you. All hands raised including the conductor. An executive decision has been made to exempt you from having the right documents to sing. Molly, tell Francine your plan."

"Francine, I thought we could rehearse and perform a Euro Disney concert here. Then we could buy one-way tickets to France. Week one, we can take it easy and spend time with your parents. Week two, we can smuggle your parents to Francis and Celeste's place. We will need to practice."

"What did you say, Molly? How do you know Francis and Celeste?"

"Well, that is where Miss Gail and Mr. Jerry went on their honeymoon. Miss Gail spent too much money buying gifts for Miss Joy; they were broke. Francis, Celeste, and friends took them all over France. He told Miss Gail to tell Miss Joy if she ever needed a honeymoon to call them.

"When Miss Joy and Mr. David arrived, church bells and any other kind of bell or horn blew to greet them. They also took a honeymoon tour.

"Miss Marie rang church bells for the birth of baby Joshua and when Daisy and I became Christians. They flew here when Dad got hurt."

"Molly those bells rang for you? Mama said the sounded pretty." Francine pulled out her phone and played the recording her Mom sent her. "My priest did a four-part series on faith."

"Think of all the people that might come to Christ based on those homilies, all based on you becoming a Christian, and that is just one parish." Everyone stopped eating to ponder the comment; they all knew if everyone brought ten people to Christ then the number would grow exponentially.

Amy said, "How many people would that be?"

Miss Sarah said, "Amy, we can't count that high. Think if ten people came to Christ from those sermons, then each one of those brought ten people to Christ, and then all of those would bring ten people to Christ, it would go on for hundreds of years."

Amy said, "Will He do that for me also?"

Miss Dawn said, "Amy, we all pray that you will become a Christian, but only God knows that. If you do, He will give you jobs to do for Him. The Holy Spirit will give you gifts and train you to do those jobs.

"When Miss Joy first came to Northfield I was put in charge of her. My sole responsibility for her was to care for her welfare. When she needed me most, when she desperately needed support and love from me, I just ignored her. I betrayed the trust she had in me. There was only one person who knew what to do, and that was just to love Miss Joy. She was just five. Do you know who it was?"

Amy shook her head.

"You are sitting right next to her."

"Miss Molly?"

"Yes, Miss Molly, she was just your age. You never know how much you are going to affect someone's life. That is why we always want you to be honest with us. Ask for help if you need it, just don't lie to us."

"I promise Miss Sarah."

Amy was getting a glimpse at how God works in people's lives, and you don't need to be an adult or a Christian for Him to use you, even someone her age. She will have to think hard about this. She didn't want to miss out on what God wants to give her. Maybe her friends can help.

The ads were paying off. The town was becoming more diversified, and it was almost to the point where they could make a budget. The realtor had made back all her money from the homes and property, and there were still homes and property to sell. She started to hire some staff.

After breakfast Amy looked in at 'Sky'; something was wrong. Amy used the charts Molly had made to look after 'Sky'. After dinner, she was worse.

Amy called the clinic, "Krynn, it's 'Sky', something is wrong, and she's getting worse. Can Dr. Daisy come out and check on her?"

Krynn said, "She is in surgery now Amy. I will tell her when she finishes."

Thirty minutes later 'Angel' was coming up the driveway. By then some of the older horses were showing the same symptoms.

As soon as other horses started to get affected, Sarah wasted no time. She made a call for an emergency delivery of food and ordered burn the rest of the food. Some hands took some of the others out to graze. Others did a total clean of the stalls and clean hay. Daisy started by giving vitamins and some dewormers.

She took blood from all affected animals. Daisy thought the likely problems would be food, water, and hay, as they are the common items between the horses. Everything had to go back to the lab.

Amy followed Daisy around as she was treating all the horses. Sometimes she would ask Dr. Daisy what she was doing. Amy wanted to learn how to treat horses better. Daisy would have to find a way to incorporate horses into Amy's schoolwork and eventually have her, and the twins do a 4-H club type project.

Sarah was stunned. Amy was in first grade and the twins in second grade and none of them had their first book yet. Sarah called all the parents who had kids four and up if she could take them to the library to get them a library card and their first book; she would take them to children's hour first. Then she called the library, so they knew they were in search of a first book.

The children were all excited; it was a big adventure for them. The children's' eyes opened in rapt attention not knowing what was going to happen next.

The children were starting to look up to Amy; they wanted Amy to go first. The 'Cat in the Hat' was a very popular pick, but 'What Pet to Pick' was also chosen. Most kids knew they couldn't get a horse as Amy had, but they were going to try to get a fish or a small animal. Amy would tell them how to take care of it.