Frontier Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

But before the Philidelphian could offer a reply Goss stepped close, and the angry private must have overheard, for he told the other soldier to walk ahead and afterwards Goss hung close by Cotter's side. They walked in silence and Goss's hard stare kept the others who might have offered wit to keep well away.

That day the soldiers did not break at noon for rest or for provisions, just sipped water from their canteens and wandered dreamily onward. Since Cotter had reached his agreement with Given, the officer had stayed largely sober and spent much of the day hunting for that evening's meal. Several times that afternoon the soldiers heard the echo of the carbine's report and the distant whoop of triumph as Given clattered towards some fresh kill. Each time that carbine sounded the soldiers walked a little faster, as though if they could catch the Lieutenant they could walk the daylight down and in the moment that they reached him find it coolest evening and the meat already sizzling over the low coals of the campfire.

Only James Cotter, troubled by the sun on his pale flesh, and Goss beside him never quickened their step. By mid-afternoon they had fallen well behind the others, could hear the voices up ahead growing ever more distant and the reports of the carbine from time to time so faint that they might have been the cracking of twigs beyond the rim of the horizon.

It was when they were most truly alone that Goss broke at last the gloomy silence that was his habit.

"I think I'd kill a man who did that to me." Goss muttered. "Officer or no. I'd kill him with my hands if nothing else was available, and I think I'd make him die slow."

When Cotter said nothing Goss went on, seeming to speak as much to himself as to the bound man he walked beside.

"I've killed several...why I'm out here really. No work to be head in Edgefield anymore, and carpetbaggers flooding the whole of the Carolinas and driving us true sons and daughters out. Whole damn country went to hell with the war, and them that happened to be on the side that lost is treated worse than dogs. I had my fill of eating dirt and suffering provocation in Edgefield County...thought it was more than a man could be expected to bear. Killed a couple Yankee speculators and lit out for the territories...never thought I'd see worse out here."

Goss repeated again that he would kill a man who tried on him what Given routinely ordered of Cotter.

"Aren't you ashamed?" Goss demanded. "Giving it up to a Yankee like that? Giving it up to a man even, regardless of where he came from? You're a bit young to have learned much, imagine the War probably shot the hell out of your upbringing...even so, a southern boy ought to know better than you do."

"Go on ahead Goss." James sighed. "I'm not likely to run off in the state I'm in. I don't need supervision. I expect I'll be along before nightfall."

Goss seemed not to hear him, and made no effort to draw away.

"At first I figured you was just weak. You're small, not much meat on you...sometimes a man might be too scared of pain to stand up and fight. Felt a little mad about it at first...but now? You like it, don't you boy? The Lieutenant isn't lying when he says that you love it, that you need it. We've all seen the look on your face when he slides that pole of his in your mouth...and now all that this morning...I just can't figure it."

"Then don't." Cotter shrugged, annoyed by the talking, his balls aching fiercely in unrequited need. " Just fuck off, alright?"

"You really want him to fuck you in the ass?" Goss demanded.

Cotter gritted his teeth against the annoyance he felt rising within him, but at last he simply took a deep breath. Seeing that there was nothing he could say that he would make the other soldier let up, Cotter simply answered with the truth.

"Yeah, alright? I do. So what?"

"So what? That sort of thing normal where you come from boy?"

"Where I come from yeah, it sure is Goss. You're not the only one here with a past. You're not the only one that the War left with a sorry lot in life. So you're big and you're strong, you think the only way through is to fight your way out. We'll I wasn't born with the option Goss. All that I've ever found to make it through is to fuck my way to safety, and even that is a precarious ambition at best."

"But you know what Goss, I do like it. I love it even...same way you feel with a girl on some night and she's naked in front of you, knowing what she wants without her ever having to say so? It's like that. Same thing. I love sucking cock...I love to take it in the ass. Go ahead and say what your going to say Goss. It doesn't make any difference to me."

At once he felt the soldiers large hand close vice like on his arm and Goss pulled Cotter to a halt. And the look on the soldiers face suggested to James that death was at hand. Goss had gone pale and his lips twitched beneath his heavy black beard, and the whole mass of the man seemed to shake with a livid rage that made Cotter falter and begin to draw back.

"Look I'm sorry...I don't mean anything by it. Don't do anything crazy now Goss..."

"Shut up." Goss hissed, his grip tightening on James's bicep.

"Just take it easy...you know the Lieutenant won't tolerate you doing anything to me...just let me go. I won't say anything else..."

But Goss did not release his grip on Cotter's arm, instead he hauled the smaller body closer to his own until they were chest to chest and Cotter was looking up wide eyed into the dark fury that raged behind the Carolinian's stare.

The heavily bearded face pressed down upon him and Cotter shut his eyes tight against the image of thick teeth ripping the nose from his face, yet he jerked them open when he felt the brush of thick beard upon his skin, the caress of lips upon his own. When he opened his eyes he saw that Goss had closed his and he felt those lips pressing tight. In spite of himself he parted his mouth ever so slightly and felt Goss's tongue snake in, the taste of tobacco and smoked meat and something else like burning copper.

Goss kissed him with a fury, and Cotter felt the man's free hand trailing across his back, counting all the bones in his spine and a large and calloused hand closing on the curve of his ass,gripping him tightly there, lifting him onto his toes to better meet the soldier's probing kiss.

Dazed, Cotter opened his mouth wider to the brute, and their tongues danced above the parapet of their teeth. It had been a long time since Cotter had been fucked, yet at once he knew that it had been longer since he had been kissed.

It was Goss who broke away,drew back straight while keeping his grip on James's bicep and on his ass, holding him tight to his broad body.

"I wanted you from the moment you walked into the recruitment tent in St. Louis." Goss rasped. "Only man I've ever wanted that way...since I was a kid and playing with the other boys along the rivers, out in the fields. It was just a game then...when I saw you it came back. Keep telling myself it's nothing...that it isn't something I want. But if you like it that way, well what's it matter?"

"You want me to suck your prick Goss?" Cotter whispered, somewhat breathless from the kiss.

To his surprise the large man shook his head, and at once he relaxed his hand on Cotter's bicep. Heavy fingers moved down Cotter's chest and his belly, and dropped softly between his thighs. And Cotter gasped as Goss cupped the swollen scrotum in the palm of his hand, giving them a rough tug that sent a shock through Cotter's body before the large soldier released them and began to run his fingers slowly up and down the length of James's tormented prick.

"We haven't got enough time for much." Goss whispered, needless as they were alone upon the prairie. "Not enough time for everything. I can wait for more. But it looks to me like this game has gone far enough..."

"What about Given?" Cotter asked, dazzled by the feel of Goss's heavy fingers on his skin.

"Fuck it." Goss shrugged. " When an Edgefield man starts needing advice from a Yankee about how to fight a war, well that's no world for Frank T. Goss."

Without another word Goss closed his hand around Cotter's expectant prick, and tugging it gently he guided Cotter's body into bending at the waist. The thick and calloused palm made short movements the length of Cotter's member, from its base to it's swollen and suddenly dripping head gone purple in its need.

Even as Cotter moaned he felt the fingers on his ass begin to move and creep across the fading marks that Given's crop had left behind, felt them sliding towards the crevice of his ass and then the pressure of Goss's middle finger against his tight and puckered hole.

"Oh God, Goss..." Cotter hissed as the finger slowly eased itself into the tight ring of his back passage. "Sweet Jesus it's so good..."

He'd taken cocks of every shape and dimension across the years, had never guessed that there was some sensation that his ass had not yet felt. And maybe it was the passage of time since he had last enjoyed being penetrated there, or maybe it was the passions that had been excited within by the sensual deprivation of the march...but James could not recall ever having felt as he did in that moment when Goss's finger breached at last through his defenses and slid in deep, the agony of the entrance softened and soon subsumed by the pleasure radiating outward from the stroking hand that caged Cotter's prick.

He could not have lasted long, even without the burning pleasure of Goss's finger delving slowly inward, but in a moment he felt that digit press against something deep within and Cotter could not stifle the scream of ecstasy as his cock exploded jism into Goss's hand.

Even as he came Cotter bucked back against the finger in his ass, fucking himself with it for all that he was worth as Goss growled and chuckled, clearly enjoying the show of the smaller man's pleasure.

"Your ass is like a vice." Goss hissed. "Buck much more and you're liable to snap my finger off."

Cotter could say nothing as he continued to Cum and to fuck himself against the thick finger in his rear.

He ceased only when his knees buckled and he sagged slowly to the earth, his face pressed into the crushed and trampled grass and the dirt below, his ass still raised in the air and Goss slowly and gently pumping his finger inwards and out.

For a moment Cotter could not find his wit's exhausted by the intensity of his climax, lost within it's long awaited glory. When at last he collected himself he began to pull his head up from the earth, and Goss pulled away from him, leaving his ass loose and expectant with the departure of his finger.

"We have time." Cotter said. "Put your cock inside me, fuck me with that thing you're hiding. I promise you won't last more than a minute."

"Time enough for that later." Goss shrugged, and he helped Cotter rise shakily back to his feet. "Who knows what the Lieutenant will do to you if we show up too late."

"You soft on me then Goss?" Cotter asked teasingly, though maybe there was more wonder in his voice than he knew.

For his part Goss only shrugged. Claimed that he was not keen to see the goods spoiled unnecessarily was all.

He showed Cotter his right hand, his palm and his fingers covered in the white and pearly semen that had burst from deep within Cotter's body. Without a word Cotter leaned down and with a ready tongue began to lap his seed from Goss's outstretched fingers, admiring the startled gasp that it elicited from the man as he did so.

As he sucked the last trace of his cum from Goss's finger the large soldier pulled him up and once more Cotter was surprised by the eager kiss that Goss laid into him, regardless of the heavy taste of cum that must have lain thick upon Cotter's lips and his twisting tongue.

When they broke once more Goss wiped his lips, and he adjusted his trousers, Cotter licking his own lips at the size of the erection prominent within.

"We best get going." Goss announced, and he stepped away without another word.

They walked in silence for the rest of the afternoon, each lost in their own thoughts. The way was easier for James Cotter however, if the touch of the sun still troubled his exposed and reddening flesh, the rest had abated, his body and his mind at last at rest and settled into a state of calm relaxation. He had no doubts that the day was far from over, that evening would fall and he would find once more a cock in his mouth, and he once again would suck upon it with no hope of forthcoming release. It was easier though to contemplate such a thing knowing that sooner or later and in defiance of any orders the Lieutenant might give, the hulking Carolianian beside him would not be able to resist. That soon Goss would feel the need and would not be content with anything less than taking his fellow Private roughly and in the way that Cotter most desired.

He was almost smiling when they reached at last the spot on the plains where Given and the other soldiers waited, no different to the eye that the place they had camped the night before or the night before that. The haunch of a small antelope was already turning on the iron spit when Cotter and Goss arrived, and Given rose to meet them, a bottle of whiskey trailing from his fingertips.

"Your late bitch." Given spoke to Cotter, his smile belying the harsh tone of the statement. "Did the Private give you any trouble Goss?"

"Not really Sir, no." Goss shrugged. "Just slow was all."

"He'll have to learn to keep the pace." The Lieutenant said. "Out here it's march or die, and the stragglers killed slow when the natives get restless."

Then Given chuckled and he raised the bottle to his lips. When he had taken a long pull he offered the bottle to Goss, who took it in surprise. The Lieutenant had never offered to share the whiskey before and at night slept with the pack that contained his bottles as a pillow and his carbine laid across his lap.

"This once it might have been for the best that the bitch should fall behind." Given grinned. "It gave us time. Come along to the fire you two...I've been working on a surprise..."

End part 2

12