Fugitive Santa

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Angela and I were worried that Basher-Barry's family might now know where I was and try to stop me being at witness at two trials. A phone call from Inspector Jones to Angela's mobile made us feel slightly relieved. As a result of the two sets of arrests, warrants had been obtained to search the homes of the wider family. A substantial amount of drugs and cash had been found in every house. Almost all Basher-Barry's male relations were in custody awaiting trials and any attempt to get them released on bail would be strenuously resisted because of their record of witness intimidation.

But even if the family didn't know that I was in the barn, they knew that John and Mavis would be witnesses, so if there were any of the family around, they might try to intimidate them. Whether there were any left? We didn't know but John and Mavis said they would keep their shotguns handy and would go to my house to get my post and the shotguns I was licensed to have since Inspector Jones was worried by the four-bore. So was I. I had only fired twice but the bruises on my shoulder hurt.

+++

The next few days were quiet. Angela and I were having gentle sex each night. Christmas was approaching. Angela decided she would cook a Christmas Dinner for me, and John and Mavis. Normally John and Mavis would go to their son's house on Christmas Day, but this year their son and family were visiting the in-laws and would come on Boxing Day. Angela's parents had gone away to a themed Christmas at a hotel; my parents were on a Christmas cruise to Norway to see the Northern Lights.

It was a quiet and peaceful event. After the meal we sat in the living room drinking the remains of the wine. We thanked John and Mavis for providing me with somewhere to hide, that apparently Basher-Barry's family had not realised was my refuge. When John and Mavis had gone, I felt sad. They reminded me that I had spent many years with my wife and had been married nearly as long as John and Mavis. Angela noticed and gave me a cuddle before we went to bed.

The first trial would be in a few days' time. Angela was worried that I would have to go to court and that Basher-Barry's relations would be there. I reassured her. Most of the male relations would still be in jail awaiting their own court appearances. I would have an escort of some karate club members, and the police would be in and outside the court.

+++

In the court many of Basher-Barry's female relations were in the public gallery. As expected, after seeing my video and still photo, the jury convicted them of attempted armed robbery. After that verdict, the three men asked for several more successful armed robberies to be taken into account. They all had sentences of about ten years in jail.

Outside the court several of Basher-Barry's female relations started yelling abuse and threats against me. But my escort of male and female karate club members stopped them from getting close. Six of the women were arrested for making threats against me. They too would have their own time in court sometime in February. They were bailed with an injunction not to contact me or to go anywhere near my house of business.

Even if they broke that injunction I wasn't too concerned. It was Basher-Barry's male relations who might be a real threat, but most were in jail.

Immediately after the court trial ended, I took everything out of the barn and moved back to my own house. I ran Angela back to her flat, but she would come for an evening meal, probably a takeaway, this evening. I took the van back and collected my own car.

As I sorted myself out and went through the accumulated pile of mail, I was missing Angela. We had been together for weeks and we hadn't argued, just enjoyed each other's company. It seemed that she felt the same. When she arrived, she hurled herself into my arms. It was at least a quarter of an hour before she let me go long enough for me to order the meal.

We were sitting on the settee after the meal when the doorbell rang. I wondered who it could be at this time in the evening. I went to the front door. Angela followed me. I opened the door to be confronted by three of Basher-Barry's women relations brandishing baseball bats inexpertly.

I laughed at them which sent them into a fury of swearing and abuse.

"I don't think you should be here," I said calmly. "But since you are, what do you want to do?"

"Beat you up for grassing up our men!" One of them shouted.

"I don't usually fight with women, but if that's what you want? You will regret it."

Angela came to stand in front of me.

"Raymond is a gentleman who doesn't hit women. But I am willing to do it instead. We are both senior members of the karate club so you three have no hope of hitting either of us. Just fuck off!"

They might have tried anyway but a police car with blues and twos arrived, presumably called by one of the neighbours. The three women were arrested for threatening behaviour, possession of offensive weapons and making death threats. My CCTV was copied by the police. It showed the whole incident and the three were remanded in custody, initially for breaching the court order but the other charges were added when my CCTV was seen.

It was after midnight before Angela and I left the police station after signing our statements.

"I got my overnight things in my car," Angela said, "And I'm not going home now."

She didn't, not then or any other night until all the trials had finished. She had decided I needed protection from vengeful women, not that there were many left, and also from being sad and lonely.

By Easter, I had proposed, and we would have a quiet wedding in June. Meanwhile Angela had sold her flat and become a permanent resident in my house. She loved the kitchen, nearly as much as I loved her, or she loved me. I loved the great meals she made in that kitchen.

I might have spent Christmas in hiding, but with Angela by my side, it had been a great Christmas.