Gabatrix: The Warrior of Silence

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You won't have any disagreements with me," Javier stated. "The CO made it perfectly clear that Itrean mates will be transferred to serve alongside. You're not the only one that has made that request. The question is, what tasks would you be able to do on our ship?"

"That is the second part of these demands," Stone said as he looked at her. "I believe that she should have a title that would be befitting of any Itrean. She should be Chief of Security."

Javier put his fingers to his chin. He seemed to be thinking about it. "We're in need of one, actually....I believe that Shira was debating about who should serve the role or not. What do you think, Ioren?"

"I would like to serve that role," Ioren typed. "I'm versed in submarine operations and handled police duties. I'm learning much about legal rules and operations. I'm well versed in the gun and how to operate them."

Javier nodded. "I see.....for now, I'm willing to entertain this idea. As XO, I see no dilemma in having you serve the role. I need to clear it with Shira. If you can, we will need to see your service record so that the CO can review it."

"Ehm....." Stone replied. Ioren put her hand to Stone's arm to tell him that he didn't have to be aggressive on this matter.

"I would say that it is likely that you will have the post," Javier said. "That is the best that I can tell you on that matter right now. Of course, you would be welcome on our ship, Ioren. You would be the first Aksren to serve......no......you're not Aksren, but you look like one."

"This brings us to the last thing that is at hand," Stone explained firmly. "Ioren isn't well-liked by her people. She is a.....Golarren. Apparently, the Itreans have a general dislike towards things that they don't consider pristine or perfect."

"I actually never heard of this, but you do realize that Shira isn't well-liked by her own people. I don't have any issue with this, honestly. She has told me before that she found prejudice to be inefficient. I can promise you that you will be treated fairly here on this ship."

Ioren felt a sense of relief upon hearing that. She even gave a smile, but Stone wasn't done yet.

"There is more to it than just that...." The marine thought about it and knew exactly what he was going to say. "Ioren was born without the ability to speak. It is why she has to use a tilon to talk. I'm training her to use sign language, but we need more than that. Her people refuse to help treat her. She should have the right to be able to talk just like any other Itrean should. If she is to work on the ship, then you need to make sure that the ship's doctors will help her."

"We have a Shal'rein medical officer, one of Shira's former doctors that is going to serve on the Lifen, Doctor Folar'sha. She might not be an expert on this, but I'm sure that she can do whatever she can to help treat you. Don't worry, Ioren. You'll be in good hands with us. If the Itreans won't give you the fair treatment, then we will make sure that you get it. I'm going to transmit her contact information to you so you can already let her know what is coming up or if I receive a full bios and record from you, I can convene it to her."

Ioren was still somewhat shocked by all of this that she almost didn't believe it. Even a mere cent of hope was better than nothing, however. A part of her knew that this Shira character had to have been quite unique. An Itrean that led a UHN ship, an Itrean that betrayed her own people, and an Itrean that seemed to be attuned to Stone. Everything seemed to mend together. She didn't see the harm in pursuing this path as long as Stone was in it as well.

"I would like to contact Doctor Folar'sha," Ioren typed. "If she can at least give me vocal cords, then I would be better off than I'm now."

"Then I don't have any other things on the list that need to be brought up," Stone said.

"Quite a big list, but not impossible," Javier said with some pride.

"Are you Paloran?" Stone asked him.

"No, but my mother was. I was born on Aphadus."

"Aphadus.....that's very interesting. Hmph.....how was it after that attack?"

"Ah.....well.....better than it was before. You can thank Shira for her recommendations in improvements."

Ioren noticed something in how Javier had first tried to respond to that comment. There was a bit of an understatement, as if there was far more to it than what he said just now. Stone didn't notice it, but a gut instinct told the Itrean that Javier was indeed trustworthy and reliable.

"It sounds like you two went through a lot," Javier remarked.

"Yes....it was quite a lot," Stone answered ruggedly.

"Mind me asking.....why haven't they assigned you to Operation Desert Shrike? I imagined that they would have grabbed you in a heartbeat."

"It is a long story, Lieutenant. Painful memories and stupid decisions on everyone's part, but I will cut to the chase. Fine.....if both you and Shira have no qualms with my demands, then I accept the post."

"As will I," Ioren typed.

"In that case, I will pass this along to her. I will go ahead and say congratulations and welcome to the Lifen even if it is a little early."

"Fine....I'll see if I can make some contacts," Stone told him. "I might know a couple of marines here and there that might be interested in serving on the Lifen. Possible that even Shira might not even know of them that the UHN hasn't grabbed yet."

"Any little bit helps. Expect a call later tomorrow and not at night next time, 'Avalanche' Stone." There was a smile on the officer's face. "Take care."

Ioren put her tilon down as she signed the words "Thank you" to Javier.

"She said, 'thank you,' in sign language," Stone informed him.

"Your welcome, Ioren, glad to have aboard," Javier said. With that, Javier tapped a button and ended the call.

The projection ended as Stone felt the dramatic change in the direction of where his path was going. Ioren, on the other hand, felt a sense of joy in her heart. So many horrible things had been behind her, but now, everything was starting to go in a genuine positive direction. Even the very thought that she might get help felt heartwarming.

"This Shira must be quite smart...." Stone remarked. "She purposely sought me out when the other dumbasses didn't even show a hint of concern."

Ioren felt a tear go down her eye as she resumed typing on her tilon.

"People care, Stone," her tilon translated. "I care."

He took a deep breath. "I know......I don't know about you, but.....I think we need to take a shower and get cleaned up."

He briefly smiled at her as he lifted his hand in her direction. She closed her tilon and put it down on the bed. The prospect felt inviting. She couldn't say no to such a pleasant offer. Her four scaly fingers gripped the marine's hand as she stood up. They proceeded to the bathroom together. She knew their journey together was far from over......

The End (For Now)