Gaia's Champion Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Where?" Lucas wondered.

"To the one place where we can be sure to know that we got through to the man!"

******************************

Chief Robert Esperanza couldn't believe what he was watching! His niece, the little girl he had helped raise with his wife, was being brutalized and savaged by these men! What was worse is that they were both men he knew! Men that he trusted! He couldn't believe that this was happening, but the evidence in front of him was as clear as day! He was watching Brad and Dustin Gerkie rape and torture his niece!

"Margie, get me the head tech from Cyber Division, on the double! Tell him to get here, to my office!" he almost shouted into the phone.

"Yes, sir!" came the shocked and meek reply. Robert hadn't meant to lose his cool at his secretary like that, but he wasn't in the best of places right now. He waited maybe seven minutes before he heard a knock on the door. He told the person who'd knocked to enter, and a lanky man walked in, wearing blue jeans and a white polo shirt.

"Paul Glengarry, head of Cyber Division chief! What can I do for you today?" he asked in a chipper tone, in his usual, idiosyncratic way.

"Paul, I need you to look over something and tell me if it's genuine or fake," the brawny man requested.

"Why not send it to me over the network? I could analyze it better at my terminal..." he began before the chief cut him off.

"No, it needs to be done here. This is a... personal matter and I want this kept quiet, for the moment," the chief told him brusquely. Taken aback for a moment, Paul shrugged and walked over, looking at the images, then the video. Working in Cyber Division, he saw all kinds of sick shit that was dragged up from the Dark Web. What he witnessed though, was enough to make even his stomach turn.

"I've seen enough. I can tell you right now chief that this video and those photos, are the genuine article. Everything is way too smooth in the movement for it to be a fake. The photos match up with the setting in the video as well, so this is real," Paul told him.

The chief nodded, his face full of anguish and Paul let him be. Having been a good friend of Robert's since he was a beat cop, he knew his family and had met them occasionally. Both men had made assumptions about Jennifer's sudden change in attitude and demeanor, but neither one could have predicted this. Chief Esperanza sat there, brooding for almost half an hour before coming to a decision.

"Judge Warren still fast tracking warrants for us on cases like this?" he asked.

"Given our track record, he's always up for granting those, as long as we have solid evidence," Paul replied, seeing the light return to his friend's eyes.

"Make a copy of this and let's go see him. We have some scumbags to put away," the swarthy man growled. Nodding, Paul was on his heels, knowing that no matter what, Chief Robert Esperanza was out for justice. Damned be anyone who stood in his way.

It hadn't taken much to secure the search warrant, given the chief's record. There was also the fact of the video that he'd shown the judge who had granted it immediately. Robert Esperanza had gone with the units he'd dispatched to Dustin's residence. Seeing that no one was home, they kicked down the door and searched the whole house.

While walking down in the basement, one of the uniformed officers nearly triggered the tripwire. Seeing the whole thing as suspicious, the rest of the units were called down and between the group of them, it didn't take long to find the hidden room. Once they walked in, Chief Esperanza knew the truth of the video that he'd seen. This was the place where it had all happened.

"Call it in. I want CSI all over this place now!" the chief said, his voice cold as ice.

Nodding, the uniforms called it in, and CSI units were due to arrive in around twenty minutes. Everyone headed back upstairs, not wanting to tamper with what they found and needing to get away from the archaic room. The chief needed air most of all, finding the whole situation sickening.

Two officers were stationed inside, to ensure that no one could try to slip in, and another two were outside with the chief. They milled around, as they waited for their compatriots to arrive. A vehicle did pull up a few minutes later, but it wasn't the CSI's. It was Dustin, who was looking disconcerted, but brightening when he saw that Robert was there.

"Hey Rob. What's going on?" Dustin asked as he got out of the truck with some groceries.

"Hands where I can see them!" the chief told him gruffly.

"Rob, what are you doing?" the lanky man asked, his voice tinged with worry.

"Hands. Where. I. Can. See. Them!" the chief ground out, drawing his sidearm and training it on his onetime friend.

"What the fuck man?!? This shit ain't funny!" he growled, not liking where this was heading.

"We found your little 'dungeon'. I know what you did to Jen," Rob ground out, his teeth clenched, keeping his weapon aimed at the man.

Eyes widening in realization, Dustin dropped his groceries, turned and fled as fast as he could. He tried to at any rate, as the CSI vehicles and additional units arrived to secure the area. Officers jumped out of their cars and drew their weapons, demanding that he stop where he was and put his hands on his head. Seeing that he had no way out, without getting shot, the older man complied with their orders.

Several officers drew near, keeping their weapons trained on him, while one drew his handcuffs and locked them over Dustin's wrists. The officer then stood Dustin up and read him his Miranda Rights, which the man acknowledged before being led to a police unit. Robert stopped the arresting officer, a burning question on his mind. Dustin turned to the chief and looked at him impassively.

"Why?" Robert asked, anguished.

"The little bitch had it coming," Dustin stated with a smirk.

Robert almost lost it right there, wanting nothing more than to beat that smirk right off Dustin's face. But he checked himself, reigning in his temper before he did something stupid. If there was one thing that Robert would not allow, it was this case to be compromised. No way that he would let this sick, sack of shit walk free on a technicality.

"Get this piece of shit out of my sight," Rob mustered as calmly as he could. He saw a brief flash of anger on Dustin's face. He knew Dustin had tried to bait him and it failed. There was far too much at stake to let shit like that happen. This was going to be a long day, but he knew that at least, he would have some peace from it.

******************************

"Are you crazy? Insane?? Have you lost your fucking mind?!?" Luke griped as Jason had parked them by a Harvey's. The restaurant in question was located maybe two blocks down the road and in sight of the police station, where Chief Esperanza worked.

"No one would think to look for a tipster this close to the cop shop. The best thing to do is to just sit tight and wait. Given what you just gave the chief, I don't think we have to wait long. Onion rings?" Jason offered as he stuffed his face.

"No, I don't want any fucking onion rings! I want you to get us the fuck away from here!" Luke yelled.

"Dude, chill. Sit down, eat your burger and relax. I have a feeling that things are going to pan out for you on this," Jason told his friend.

In truth, Jason knew that the police inside the station were getting geared up. Odds are that the chief had found a judge who would issue a warrant that day, and they were now off to make their arrest. His Gaian senses had expanded to where he could tell what people were feeling and what their current demeanor was. Of course, he wasn't going to tell Luke that. Not yet, at any rate.

"Jay, look!" Luke pointed briefly before lowering his hand. Outside the station, cops were scrambling to their vehicles, everyone hopping to. They saw a lot of uniformed officers hop into their cars, before they were off. Two groups had formed up, one group of vehicles heading one way, while the other group headed in the opposite direction.

"Why are they splitting up?" Luke wondered.

"My guess is that they're off to check their places of work. Last I heard, Dustin worked in the opposite direction from my job site," Jason supplied. "So, where do you want to go?"

"Dustin's place of work is too obvious. Let's head to your job site. People come and go there a lot, yeah?" Luke wondered.

"All day, every day. Prospective buyers mostly, along with contractors for other parts of the job. Ready to see that shithead get taken down for good?" Jason asked.

"Been waiting for this since sophomore year man! Let's go!"

******************************

Robert Esperanza was on his way home for the moment. He left the crime scene, knowing that it was in good hands. The CSI's were having a field day with what they'd found in Dustin's residence. The tipster had been correct in the matter where there was more to find. Both Brad and Dustin had kept quite the archive of their sordid and twisted activities, which spanned the abuse of dozens of women.

Jennifer hadn't been the first, but she hadn't been the last either. So much made sense now, with all the puzzle pieces fitting into place. Her behavior, her downward spiral, the lashing out, her refusal of therapy, everything. At least now, Rob had an answer about the what and the why. He cared not to know about the how, at least for the moment. If nothing else came of recent events, he had at least stopped a pair of sick bastards, before they could hurt anyone else.

He pulled up to the house, parking in the driveway, before walking into his home. The smell that was coming from the kitchen was delicious, as Lusia was busy making dinner. Robert walked to his wife, a small smile on his face, but with a look in his eyes stating that there was something he had to talk about, later.

"Robert! What are you doing home so early?" Lusia asked, surprise painted all over her lovely features.

"Is she home?" he queried.

"Yes. She's up in her room blasting that God-awful music, again," she grumped. She would have said more, but her husband was up the stairs, heading for Jen's room. She blinked and thought it odd, but it looked like he wanted to have a word with his niece, so she let it be.

Robert could hear the music thumping through the walls before he even neared Jennifer's room. She had really gotten into goth and heavy metal music lately and it was driving him bonkers. But, given what she'd gone through, her deviating from who she was before was a given. He walked into her room without a knock, and he shut down her iPhone, which was blaring the music on her docking pod.

"What the fuck?!? I was listening to that and I was in a good space, uncle!" Jennifer fumed as she sat up, her eyes blazing with anger.

"Jen..." he started.

"What?!?!?" she growled, looking at the man who'd raised her with nothing but hatred in her eyes.

"Jen... I know what happened," he told her softly.

"Know? Know what happened?" she groused.

"With Brad and... Dustin," he replied. Jennifer's eyes widened then, all sense of pretense gone as she understood what he was talking about.

"You... know??" she asked, her voice trembling.

"But I got them. I found out everything, and I got them," the conviction in his voice rising with each word. Jennifer looked at her uncle and her chin quivered, as unshed tears glistened in her eyes.

"I saw... what they... did to you. I don't blame you. It's not your fault," he told her, his voice cracking. That was when the dam broke and Jen broke down, crying. Falling to her knees, her whole body was wracked with grief as she wept. Robert went to his knees and cupped her chin, bringing her eyes up to meet his. Shame was written all over her face as she stuttered.

"I... I... I tried... fighting..." she began.

"It's all right. I don't blame you for what happened. It wasn't your fault," he told her gently.

Jennifer sobbed even harder, wrapping her arms around her uncle, needing his protective embrace. She wanted nothing more than to just lay down and cry and her uncle let her. He knew that there were a lot of tears she needed to cry. He just knelt there, crying with her, letting her grieve for her lost innocence. There would be trying days ahead, but at least now, they could move forward, one day at a time.

******************************

Jason and Luke arrived at the job site as the police were busy cuffing a resisting Brad. He was shouting at them, crying out that he'd have their badges for this. That no one did this to him and got away with it, because he was buddies with their boss. One officer had a few words with Brad, which deflated him almost instantly. Jason could tell that the scumbag had been told about how he'd been found out, as he just stood there, speechless.

"Dude, I really want to go up to that asshole and just do something to him!" Luke growled, his fists clenching and unclenching.

"Luke, don't. Unless you want to be taken in as a person of interest," Jason warned. His friend growled in annoyance but stayed put. They watched the scene unfold and Brad get taken away in the back of a squad car.

The whole crew had stopped working to watch and be questioned by the police. Jason's crew and a few of Brad's crew were left alone after some brief questioning. They could see that some of Brad's cronies were looking nervous and soon left after the police asked their questions. Joe and Henry were questioned extensively, as were Karla Dressler and Carlotta Van DerBrandt.

Once the police had spoken to everyone and taken their statements, they left with their collar and everyone went back about their business. Or as much as they could, given with what they had witnessed. Henry took over as the crew leader and had everyone get back to it, while Karla and Carlotta looked on. Both women then turned back to the trailer and had their heads together as they walked, no doubt wondering how the turn of events would play out.

"That's our cue," Jason stated, as he grabbed the bag of films.

Luke got out with him and they walked up the retreating women, making sure to stay out of sight of everyone else. They caught up with them as they reached the trailer and Karla rounded on them, to berate the men that they were to be left alone. Her words died in her throat as she looked at both men, Luke in particular. Karla's eyes then widened at the bag in Jason's grip, making a strangled noise in her throat.

Carlotta turned around to see what had her niece in such a tizzy, when she too was surprised by what she saw. She looked over the men briefly, before gesturing that they get inside, which they did. They walked in the trailer and went straight for Carlotta's office, Luke taking in and appreciating the décor.

"Please, sit," Carlotta asked kindly. They did as she asked, with Jason placing the bag on the table. Several films peeked out, the covers visible to anyone who looked at them.

"I take it, that we have you to thank for what just happened?" the older woman asked.

"That you do. I was wondering what was it that Brad had over you to have me suspended like you did. After a quick talk with Luke, it wasn't that hard to figure what exactly it was. Brad always was a slimy scumball, using what he knew about people to make them do what he wanted," Jason stated.

"How were you able to get past his security?" Carlotta wondered.

"That was the easy part," Luke stated, drawing both women's attention. "After a quick rundown and a scan of the surrounding area, I was able to detect that he didn't have anything serious keeping his place safe. A rookie could have broken in and they wouldn't have known he was there."

"You broke into their place?" Karla asked, her voice laced with wonder.

"Only after Luke here figured out they were using a DIY security system. After he disabled it, I got in, found the videos and got out. But not before tipping off the police to what we found down in their basement. Anonymously of course," Jason supplied, drawing smiles from the women.

"So, they were lying to us about what they had defending their home," Karla said angrily. "Why did we allow ourselves to believe it??"

"It's what Brad and Dustin do. The lie and manipulate, using your fears against you. If they ever figure out the thing you fear, they will use it to get what they want from you, without hesitation," Luke growled.

"You sound like you have some experience in this matter," Carlotta stated in a knowing voice.

"More than I would like, Ms. Van DerBrandt."

"Needless to say, the matter started out as an altruistic one, but quickly turned personal. That's all I'll say on the matter, but the fact that these fuckers were getting away with such horrendous shit? We couldn't let that stand," Jason told them.

"Just how did you do it? I for one, would like to know," Karla stated with a smile.

"As would I," Carlotta agreed.

"We will tell you, but under the strictest confidence that no one else will know about what we did. If it came to light, those two, who are likely due for a jail cell and total lifestyle change, would be released," Jason told them. Both women snickered at the imagery of what would happen to those two men, but agreed to his terms, so he told them of how they pulled it off. Naturally, Jason left out the bits about being a Druid, but they seemed to buy his story.

"I will say this, Mr. Bjornsson, you have some serious balls to go through with what you did. You as well Mr. Barton. Consider me impressed by your initiative and your actions," Carlotta stated with a grin. "In retrospect, I was going to call in a few favors, but it would have cost me a great deal. In light of your actions, I think what I was to pay them, I will pay you instead."

With that, Carlotta reached under her desk and filled around with something, before a sound came from beneath her. It sounded like a door opening, and after a moment, it sounded again and she came up with five stacks of bills. The tape holding the bills was marked with the number 10,000$, as she set them before the men.

"Thank you!" Luke said, never having seen that much money before!

"And that's not all. Mr. Bjornsson, if you want it, you can have your job back. I will issue a letter to your employers to have you placed back in your role with no penalties to your working record, if that suits you," she told him.

"I very much would like that, thank you Ms. Van DerBrandt!" Jason enthused.

"Please, call me Carlotta."

"Very well, Carlotta," Jason replied with a smile.

"Also, Mr. Barton, I may have need of your services. If you wish to hear what I'm offering, stop by tomorrow at eight AM, sharp," she told him.

"Wait, are you offering me a job?" Luke asked, perplexed.

"Only if you wish it. At least hear me out before you decide?" Carlotta implored him.

"I'd be a fool to refuse or do otherwise!" Luke grinned before shaking her hand. The men thanked the women and took their leave, leaving them with the films of Carlotta's previous life. Karla was making googly eyes at Luke the whole time, a fact that didn't go unnoticed by her aunt.

"You might want to be careful, should you choose to pursue that man," Carlotta warned.

"Why so? He seems like he has a good head on his shoulders and looks like he is the kind of man that could keep me happy," Karla rebutted.

"Be that as it may, that man carries a lot of pain with him. Whatever happened today, he was affected by it most grievously," her aunt told her.

"How do you know this?"

"Experience, Karla. Experience with the various men I was with, is how I'm able to tell if one is suffering. Just be careful," she told her niece before they got back to work.

******************************

"Holy shit, man!! I hate to say it, but you were right!! We not only picked up our revenge on that bastard, but we fucking well got paid for it!!" Luke almost screamed.