Gaia's Champion Ch. 14

Story Info
Old friends and new arrivals!
14.1k words
4.79
12.8k
36
8

Part 14 of the 30 part series

Updated 03/31/2024
Created 01/22/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The woman who came through the tunnel that led to where the guardians stood stared at everyone assembled. Surprise was painted all over her face, as she wasn't expecting this many people here. Her eyes wandered around, taking in everyone who was there, before settling on Jason.

"Jason? Is that you?!?" the woman called Sheena asked.

"Yeah, it's me! Hold up, how did you get here? What are you doing here?" he questioned her.

"That is something I would like to know," Phalmina piped up, coming in behind Jason. "How did you get past the guardians?"

"They let me past, once they knew who, or more like, what I am," Sheena replied with an air of self importance.

"And what exactly are you?" Elizabeth asked. She was more than a little miffed that this woman walked on in here, acting like she owned the place.

"She's a Shaman," Daelina told them.

"A Shaman? An Awakened Shaman? How do you know this?" Emalia wondered.

"She saw through the illusory wall that was there and got past the guardians. They are still alive, I can sense it, and they aren't offended. They seem more... relieved. Besides, she has a totem of the Wolf at her belt, if anyone cares to look," Daelina said to everyone.

Once they all stole a look, sure enough, there was a totem of sorts, hanging at her waist. It was a hand-carved totem, with a wolf's head relief at the top of it. She also wore several bracelets and charms, which appeared to be strategically placed on her person.

"In that case, we are happy that you've found your way to our grove, Sheena of the Wolf Spirit. Welcome!" Phalmina said, going up to Sheena, giving her a hug. Daelina and Emalia too walked on up, embracing the woman. The woman looked at the fairies with a smile before continuing her conversation with Jason.

"So, I'm curious on what you're doing here, Jay. Are you a servant to the fairies and the Druidess?" she asked, gesturing to Eva.

"Actually, no. I've helped awaken Eva to her druidic powers, using my power and the fairies' help, along with our new troll friend, Xaera," he said, waving the troll woman to come forward. It surprised Sheena to see a troll as gorgeous as Xaera, and her face was one of utter shock.

"What? You've never seen a troll before?" Xaera asked the new arrival.

"Not one that is just so... hot!!" Sheena answered honestly.

"Why thank you! It's good to know that even human females find me attractive," Xaera gushed, taking the compliment.

"You helped them unlock her power? How? Servants don't have that level of magical power," Sheena queried, directing the question at Jason.

"That's because I'm the lead Druid here, not Eva," Jason said as he crossed his arms across his chest.

"You? A Druid?? That's a good one!" Sheena cackled, thinking a massive joke was being played.

She was the only one laughing though, as everyone else present was not amused. Mina started going red in the face and her fingers twitched, itching to lay out the impudent woman. Jason then raised his hand, letting her and everyone else know to back down, that he had this.

Sheena continued laughing as Jason drew upon Gaia's power, the magic coming to him much easier now. He directed several roots and plants nearby to entangle and restrain Sheena. Quicker than thought, the plants struck, wrapping the woman up before she had even a moment to react. Sheena squealed in surprise as the plants encircled her arms and legs, keeping her from moving at all.

Her head snapped up to see the magic wreathing the man, and her jaw fell open in disbelief. The magic did its job and held the woman in place, while Jason directed a single bolt at the orange tree. It absorbed the life-giving power, as though it would absorb water, growing ever larger.

One of the branches drifted down to Jason, almost like it was thanking him for the energy. Jason reached out and stroked the branch, before taking a ripe orange from the branch and started peeling it. He was about halfway when he turned back to Sheena, who had overcome her doubts and knew that Jason was truly a Druid.

"Orange, Sheena? I know how you like these," Jason said as he chuckled to himself quietly.

"How about you let me out and then we can talk about whether I want one??" she growled, not liking the fact that she was restrained as she was.

"Apologize," he said.

"What?!?"

"It's simple, really. I expect an apology," Jason told her with a look on his face.

"For what?" she groused.

"At this moment, for not believing me when I told you I was a Druid. I mean, why else would I be here? How would I have found this grove if I wasn't a Druid or a Shaman in the first place?" he asked.

"OK, OK, OK! I'm sorry, all right? It was a mistake on my part. I forgot that you never told a lie to anyone you cared about," Sheena replied, sounding a little sheepish. With a wave of his hand, Jason had the vines and roots release Sheena and allow her to move around.

"Apology accepted," Jason chuckled.

"How the fuck did I miss this?" Sheena griped.

"What do you mean?"

"I had access to my Shamanistic magics back in high school and could tell what was what, and who was who," she said. "I'm just wondering how the fuck I could have missed you having the power to become a Druid."

"That is something that we have the Sons of Caesar to thank for. Somehow, I don't know how, they put a block on my ability to sense the magic within me," Jason replied.

"What? Do you have any idea who could have done it?" she asked, worry tinging her voice.

"Nope. Still trying to figure that one out," Jason admitted.

"How do you know the Sons did it? More importantly, how do you know about the Sons of Caesar? I just found out about them last year!" Sheena peeped.

"I tangled with them last night and thanks to everyone here," he said with a sweep of his arms, "I got out and dealt them a serious blow."

"How serious?" she asked.

"Most of the order is dead, is what he means," Emalia said while flitting by a group of oleanders.

"Dead?? Like, stone cold, rigor mortis, turned into a corpse dead?" Sheena asked.

"Yeah. That's what dead means," Daelina said, flying right by Ema.

"Holy shit! You... you all just did the world a huge fucking favor by icing those bastards! They were not only chasing me but also trying to find others like me, to take their power for their own! How did you do it? How did it happen?" she asked excitedly.

Jason had her sit down and gestured for her to do so. He then told her what had happened the night previous, with everyone jumping in and telling their parts in it. Sheena was surprised and taken aback by everything that happened. Especially Jason's ferocity when dealing with the Sons and killing them. The story took a while to tell, and when it was finished, Sheena was amazed at everything she heard.

"That was... wow! You all helped with getting him out of there? That's just... amazing! I'm thrilled that you stayed friends with Luke! He's always been a good soul!" Sheena told him.

"Thanks Sheena! I'm sure he'll appreciate being told that and knowing it's a real thing!" Jason smiled. "Before we keep talking, can we get dressed, please?"

Phalmina and Eva looked down at themselves and blushed fiercely, before scrambling to get their clothing back on. Jason walked over to where his pants were and slid back into them, but not before Sheena got herself an eyeful. It had been a while since she'd seen a naked man, and Sheena wasn't shy about her interest. Especially since Jason had filled out and become a literal Adonis.

Sheena wasn't hard on the eyes either, a fact that Jason remembered well. She was shorter than he was, but only by an inch at five-foot-ten. She possessed milk chocolate skin that was flawless, coupled with curves that went on for days. Her bust equaled Ema's easily and her hips were so round, you could bounce a quarter off them.

With her body of a shape that could be best described as thick fit, Sheena was a goddess. She was a fair bit thinner than Jason remembered though, but that might be because of where she was living. By the state of her clothes and how lean she was, the man could tell she had been sleeping a bit rough. Despite this, the beauty of her face hadn't changed one bit.

She had an oval face, with a delicate, but strong jaw, rounded cheeks and wide, expressive, green eyes. Sheena's hair was black and done up in a multitude of braids that hung past her waist. Her features were a blend of Congo black and a Haida native, which was as rare as it was beautiful.

"Am I as you remembered, or did you need another look?" Jason teased. Sheena blushed but didn't look away.

"I don't know. Maybe I do, because I don't remember you having muscles like that," she grinned. Phalmina growled quietly, wanting to say something, but holding her tongue, as it was clear that Jason and Sheena had some history together.

"You tease! Anyway, I think you need to be introduced to everyone here," Jason said, and he made a point of doing so. It surprised her to see a couple of girls from high school there. Even if she didn't know them, it was still cool to see.

"So, to reiterate my question, why are you here?" Jason asked, after they finished the introductions.

"A few friends of mine passed along a message that a Druid had been Awakened and I came to meet him or her," she explained.

"Friends? What friends?" Daelina asked, settling down on her shoulder. Sheena put her fingers in her mouth and blew a shrill whistle. Seconds later, a small pack of wolves bounded into the grove behind her, startling everyone.

"These friends. You know, they were more than a little miffed that you snubbed them last week," Sheena admonished Jason. A couple of the wolves there growled in agreement, giving Jason a stern glare.

"Well, to be fair, I did kind of have my hands full coming to terms with my new powers, so apologies that I didn't make time for these boys and girls," Jason replied, as he kneeled and extended his hand to the nearest wolf.

The wolves looked up at Sheena, and after seeing her nod, they trotted out, licking Jason's hand. Jason could sense that though they weren't happy with him ignoring them last weekend, they gave him a pass because he was new at this. The wolves walked into the glade, sniffing the air and coming to everyone there.

"They are an inquisitive bunch, this pack. They just want to smell and lick everyone's hands, so they know who's here and who can be trusted as friends of Sheena," Phalmina told everyone.

"You speak wolf?" Amy asked.

"Fairies speak every language on this Earth. One of the many gifts of Gaia," Phalmina stated.

The wolves came and sat in front of everyone present, sniffing and licking the hands that were offered. For everyone human, except for Sheena and Jason, it was a novel experience. The pack was friendly with everyone there, except Xaera. The wolves could tell what she was, but were confused by her scent, as it wasn't pure troll.

"North Moon, the pack alpha, wants to know what Xaera is. I've told them she is a half troll, but they don't seem to understand the concept," Phalmina told everyone there.

"I have an idea," Jason said as he embraced Gaia's magic.

His desire came to mind, and when the correct rune formed, he drew upon the magic to empower the rune. This allowed him to communicate directly with North Moon and it flared to life, creating a mental bond with the pack alpha. Once this bond was established, Jason let the magic fall away, having no further need of it then.

It was then that he formed an image in his mind of how other species came together. How they were different, yet similar enough to create offspring. He thought of horses, dogs, humans, and how the offspring they created were often different. He fed North Moon the images he conjured in his mind. Of how the mingling of various species produced many kinds of the same species, but each one looking different from the parents.

'Oh! This is what Phalmina means by Xaera being half troll?' a female voice said in Jason's mind. This startled him until he realized it was North Moon speaking to him.

'Yes. She is half troll, but the other half of her is human. That might be what is making her smell... different,' Jason thought back.

'I see. We... do not go near trolls. They kill and eat us, while we still live,' North Moon told him.

'Not this troll. She is different from her pureblooded kind. Xaera only wishes to live in peace and not hurt anyone if she doesn't have to,' Jason stated.

'The stench of death is heavy upon her. She has killed recently,' North Moon replied, still not convinced.

'We all have killed. The only ones who were killed, were those who take Gaia's power for their own gain. To corrupt and pervert her lifeforce for their own gain,' Jason explained.

'You killed the Corrupted?!?' North Moon asked, shock and surprise echoing in her sending.

'If these... Corrupted... are those who use magic that is evil and bind others to them as unwilling servants, then yes. We killed many and Xaera... she broke the strongest of them,' Jason imparted. He could feel the pleased shock ripple through the pack, as they regarded Xaera with a sense of reverence.

"OK, what just happened?" Elizabeth wondered.

"I would like to know as well! You and North Moon have been staring at each other for several minutes. I felt something... happen with the bond I share with her. What did you do?" Sheena demanded.

"I have established a mental bond with North Moon, which allows me to communicate with her freely," Jason explained.

"How the hell did you do that? It took me years to establish a bond with her! How did you do it so quickly?!?" Sheena asked, shocked that this was possible.

"Druids have direct access to Gaia's lifeblood. Unlike the Shaman who have to work hard to cultivate such a bond and to gain access to Gaia's magic, Druids are born with that connection," Phalmina explained.

"Yup. What she said," Emalia agreed. Sheena then stared at Jason in shock and awe, amazed at the raw power that he had at his command. If she was being honest with herself, Sheena was more than a little jealous of this power.

"I know that look. It's the 'I'm mad at you because you have something I don't' face," Jason chuckled.

"My faces could have changed over the years for all you know," Sheena snapped at him.

"No, they haven't, and I can tell when you're being a grump. Allow me to do something for you," Jason said. He then embraced the magic of Gaia, bringing the rune he used for communicating with North Moon.

"Draw upon your magic and place your hand upon the rune. It will allow you to connect with North Moon as I have," Jason told her.

Sheena was again shocked, but this time, by what Jason was offering! It seemed like a bit of a shortcut, but since it was the same magic she used, Sheena trusted him. She embraced the shamanistic magic that flowed through her veins, bringing it out into her hands. Sighing at the sweetness of the power flowing through her, Sheena placed her hands upon the rune.

The moment her hand touched the magical image, the bond she shared with the wolf flared and expanded. Her mind opened to the wolf, as the wolf's mind opened to hers, broadening their understanding of one another. It amazed Sheena at what she could see in North Moon's mind! How the wolf saw the world and everything within it and how she viewed others, especially her own pack.

"This is... wow!" she said in amazement.

'I could not agree more! The kindness and regard you hold us to... it is like you see us as part of your pack!' North Moon thought to her.

"You can understand me?" Sheena asked incredulously.

'I could always understand you,' the wolf sent to her, conveying her mirth.

'Is there anyone else you wish to speak to?' Jason asked her in another sending.

'Xaera. I wish to see her mind, as I see yours and Sheena's,' North Moon replied.

"Xaera, North Moon wishes to bond with you," Jason told her, turning his hands, which still held the rune aloft.

Surprised yet pleased, Xaera moved forward, embracing her own Troll magic, its yellowish power filling her hands. The wolf pack was leery, but they stood ready, in case any treachery befell their alpha. Xaera's hand touched the rune and like with Sheena, her mind was opened to the wolf, as was the wolf's mind opened to hers.

North Moon then whined, sensing the great pain and loss that Xaera carried with her. She stood up and trotted over to the troll woman sitting before her and offered her paw. Unsure, Xaera took it, but then heard the voice in her mind.

'The pain and suffering you have endured, is enough to break even the strongest of alphas. That you stand here, with your hope alive, shows you have strength beyond even mine. Sit with me, Alpha.'

North Moon lay before Xaera, looking up at the troll woman. Xaera teared up, understanding what was being offered by this wolf. Wolves primarily respected strength, and those who had the strength to stand against the worst of adversaries were worthy of respect. Xaera half expected to have to fight these wolves, as she had other packs before. Instead, she was being treated as the pack alpha's equal!

"I have never seen North Moon do that with anyone! Not even her mate!" Sheena murmured.

"She sees Xaera as an equal. There is a lot she's been through that should have broken her, yet still, she's here. It's a kind of strength that wolves can respect," Phalmina stated. The rest of the pack followed North Moon's lead, laying in front of Xaera, but bowing their heads in deference. There were even a small grouping of wolf cubs that were there, staying close to their parents, shaking like they were afraid.

"Why are the cubs afraid of me?" Xaera asked.

'They are afraid that you will eat them if they look at you wrong,' North moon imparted.

"I won't eat them, I promise. The only meat I am interested in eating is the meat that humans prepare to make into burgers," Xaera stated.

She then imparted a message to North Moon, telling her what burgers were, even passing along the memory of their smell and taste. At that point, Xaera had the attention of the entire pack, each one of them curious and wanting to experience what she had. Even a few of the cubs had overcome their fears by coming out in plain sight, imparting their thoughts to North Moon.

'The pack wishes to know more, as I do!' North Moon said, her sending conveying the excitement of the entire pack.

"Well, you certainly have a way of turning people, and now animals, to your way of thinking," Sheena giggled.

"What? It's not my fault that everyone comes to like me," Jason scoffed. "I'm just a likeable guy."

"Hmm! I've noticed. Anyway, since you're a Druid now, I'd like to know how you became one," Sheena said to him.

"Well, have a seat, because it is a bit of a tale to tell," he told her, gesturing for her to have a seat. She did, and so did the wolves, eager to hear the tale of how this newly awakened Druid discovered his powers.

******************************

Luke was coming up in his van, having just finished a breakfast run to Tim Hortons. It had been a long ass night for everyone involved, but thankfully, he wasn't alone. After Carlotta had gotten involved, she'd called on the team of men she had on call. He assumed these men were the former Jaeger Corps that had agreed to help her with Dustin and Brad.

Though he could have asked, he didn't really have to, as he could tell that these men were pros. Their steps were measured, and they moved with a level of precision that only military training granted. They were busy cleaning up the mess that he, Jason, Karla and his Gaian friends had made.