Gaia's Champion Ch. 30

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hmm. I have an idea. Take this and go jump him," Phalmina smirked as she hit her with a mild bolt of desire.

Gosia groaned in shock, then sexual need as she stood back on her feet. She then ran over to where Piotr was just standing up and tackled him back to the ground. The man didn't have much time to react as Gosia stroked him back to full hardness before mounting him. Piotr groaned in both horror and delight as his girlfriend rode him like a woman possessed.

"Hey, Xaera!" Phalmina called out, getting the troll woman's attention. She was busy being sucked off by Daelina as the fairy woman was being pounded by Darren.

Xaera then followed Phalmina's gaze to Gosia, who was going to town on Piotr, bouncing up and down on his dick. The troll woman then grinned and darted over, standing behind the couple, before setting her hands on Gosia's ass. Xaera then leaned over and whispered into Gosia's ear. Gosia looked shocked at what Xaera had said, but then nodded. This made Xaera grin as she slowly pushed that massive troll dick between her legs into Gosia's ass.

"Mina, you are just evil!" Jason chuckled.

"What? We had to do something to keep those ladies off you!" Phalmina told him while batting her eyelashes as innocently as she could.

"Fair enough! While the method is... unorthodox... I can't argue with the results!" Jason chuckled.

"Hmm! Going by your body's reaction to it, I'd say that maybe Mina and I should put on a show like that for you," Sheena suggested, as she stared at Jason's dick, which was hardening once again, even though he'd just emptied his balls into her.

"Now... I'm not sure how to take that! Either be turned on by the idea, or to be miffed that I'm being replaced!" Jason commented.

"Men will never be replaced! Sure, us ladies may get some satisfaction with things like this," Phalmina said as she gestured at the dickgirls fucking. "But the truth of the matter is that we'll almost never get babies from that."

"Wait, futas can't get women pregnant?" Jason asked.

"Not those under the influence of the spell we just cast. It's a temporary spell and in order for a woman to get pregnant from a futa, it has to be one that occurs naturally, or a woman that has opted to make the change... permanent," Phalmina explained.

"That can happen? Futa women can be... made?" Sheena gasped.

"Absolutely! The only catch is that such things require those who are committed to the change and who carry the bloodline. Not only must the bloodline be prevalent, but powerful magic must be brought to bear. It can be done without the futa bloodlines, but you would need what you would call, 'God level' magic," Phalmina stated.

"Why does it have to be that powerful?" Jason wondered.

"Because it fundamentally changes the very building blocks of a living being. By doing something like that, you are remaking another life into something that it wasn't originally intended to be. Even if you do invoke such magic, it won't always work," Phalmina explained.

"Why is that?" Sheena queried.

"That is because in order to make a man or woman a full on futa, they must have descended from a futa at some point in their ancestry. The magic used to create them stemmed directly from Gaia herself, so unless you can tap into the goddess's magic directly, then it won't happen from scratch," Phalmina finished.

"Hunh! Well, I guess that makes sense, in a way. I just hope none of the ladies we hit get too... attached," Jason tried to say with a straight face. He failed miserably and burst out laughing, causing both ladies there to groan, then giggle with him.

"You are such a dork! But you're a lovable dork!" Sheena sighed as she hugged Jason close. Just then, she heard his midsection rumble loudly, sounding almost like a rockslide. Sheena made a face and looked up at Jason, who just smirked and shrugged.

"I've said it once and I'll say it again. Pleasing my ladies is hunger inducing. You want me to keep snu-snuuing you two, I gotta keep my strength up," the redheaded man chuckled.

"Do you think the food is still good?" Phalmina wondered, as her belly grumbled too and she blushed cutely because of it.

"Pretty sure it is. I remember putting a warding spell on the food yesterday when everyone arrived. It would help the food keep like it had been yesterday, and also drive off any pests or animals coming here to get themselves a snack at our expense," Jason told them.

"Look at you! Thinking ahead like this!" Sheena told Jason as she ruffled his hair.

"I learned from the best," Jason smiled, looking at Sheena.

Sheena blushed and mumbled her thanks before the three of them headed over to the tables where the food waited. Jason got himself some backed potatoes and one of the leftover steaks, while Phalmina grabbed some fruit and sweetened cream cheese for it. Sheena, though, she went straight for the fried chicken, picking some of the spicy pieces before sitting down to eat.

"Gotta love being an adult. Have whatever you want for breakfast!" Sheena smiled as she munched on her chicken.

"You won't hear any arguments from me!" Jason chuckled as he cut up his steak.

"Or us, for that matter!" Felicitae stated, as she walked over with Patrok and Vahlen in tow.

"Hungry?" Phalmina asked as she stuffed her face.

"Starving! I could really go a for a slice of that... pecan pie?" Patrok asked, making sure he had the food name correct.

"It's there for eating, so go for it!" Sheena giggled.

Needing no further prompting, the Nymphs sat down and availed themselves. The three of them were ravenous after their sensual interlude from the night before. The men were busy snacking on pies and sweet things, while Felicitae followed Sheena's lead by grabbing some chicken. As they all ate their fill, good conversation ensued as they wondered what would be happening next. Moments later, that was answered for them.

"What the... that's corrupted magic!" Sheena growled as she bolted to her feet.

"Yup! I remember that sensation all too well!" Jason rumbled as he got to his feet and got dressed.

He handed Sheena's clothes to her, and she dressed herself, just as Phalmina did. The three of them headed to the front yard of the house, as the ward they had placed on it had gone off. While it wasn't of the same power level as what had been on the house before, it was the same that was on their friends' homes. Something designed to keep any touched by malevolent magics out.

"More Sons? Or do you think the Praetorians rallied?" Phalmina questioned as she embraced Gaia's power, ready to put the hurt on those who dared to try to cross into their new home.

"We'll know soon enough! Keep it hidden, but ready for use in case we have to get our hands bloodied," Jason advised.

Both women nodded and fell into step behind him as he walked forward. Once he was out the door, Jason glanced around, but found nothing immediate. He walked further forward, seeking the source of the intrusion. Jason found it moments later, in the form of Donald Mannheim, who stood there waiting for them.

"Took you lot long enough. Were you busy fucking each other's brains out or something?" Donald asked.

"Well..." Jason started with a smirk and his ladies blushed furiously.

"You know what? Don't answer that. I can tell when both men and women have had a good time recently. You three look like you just had something that would be considered wonderful," Donald replied quickly.

"Oh, you don't know the half of it!" Phalmina giggled.

"What are you doing here?" Sheena queried, glaring at the man.

"Here to take you up on the offer to send my friend off properly," Donald told them honestly.

"You refused to allow us to do this the first time. What changed?" Jason asked, pulling his magic to be ready in case this was a trick.

"I took some time to think about it. Remember, it wasn't me who objected, it was Eric who did," Donald reminded them.

"And where is he?" Sheena asked, looking around for his compatriot.

"Dead, sadly. By my own hand," the man admitted.

"You killed one of your own men? That's not only wrong, but that's colder than ice!" Jason growled at him.

"He didn't give me much choice in the matter. The bastard tried to kill me, despite all my loyal years of service to the order. All because I started questioning the tenets we were taught," the Praetorian told them. "Because I began to understand that you and your kind are not a threat to humanity. Not like we were led to believe."

"Oh? What made you think that?" Sheena questioned, unconvinced of this man's candor.

"Watching you lot destroy that... apparition," Donald replied with a visible shudder.

"That apparition was much more than a mere ghost. It's what is called a wraith, and I'm sure I don't need to tell you how deadly those things can be," Jason told the man. Donald nodded sagely, more than aware of what such creatures were capable of.

"So, you thought you'd just walk on up to our home, thinking you could walk on in uninvited?" Phalmina challenged.

"I was going to knock on the door, but much to my surprise, I couldn't even get close to it. Something has been holding me back, so I waited. Whatever it is that keeps me from getting near your home, you would probably sense it and see who, or what, was trying to get in," Donald reasoned.

"Sensible outlook," Jason muttered out loud.

Sheena looked at her fiancé and quirked an eyebrow. Jason shrugged, his face showing his concern, but he honestly wasn't that put off by Donald's arrival. While it didn't bode well for a Praetorian to come seeking them out, the fact that he came here alone earned him some points. Not to mention that he wanted to see his friend off to the other side, despite his beliefs.

"Hold it! Don't move!" called out a masculine voice, which the trio could tell belonged to Konstantin Thermopolous. Detective Sadeghi was right behind him, both of their weapons drawn and pointed at the general.

"Hello again, detectives. Fancy meeting you here!" Donald smirked at their disheveled state, noting how hastily their clothes were put, almost laughing at them like this. "You won't need those, so you might as well put them away."

"Like hell we will! You're coming with us for the murder of a suspect in our investigation!" Meera told him, almost sneering at the man.

"I am no threat to the populace at large, or even to your... new friends here," Donald started, trying to wave them off.

"You killed a man in cold blood! You're coming with us!" Thermopolous reiterated, pulling back the hammer on his pistol.

"The man I killed was one of my own. Trust me when I say that I was doing you and yours a favor by offing him. If you are really dead set on taking me in, I would offer you something more valuable than my capture," the former general told the pair of detectives.

"Like what?" Sadeghi questioned, wondering what knowledge this man had.

"The names and locations of Praetorian sleepers that are in your beloved city. One of whom is in your precinct at this very moment," Donald told them.

"You're lying! There's no way that such a person could be in our precinct," Konstantin bluffed.

"Don't take my word for it. The evidence of me being out, while no alarm was raised until after I had made my escape, should speak for itself," Donald scoffed.

"I think we should hear him out. The man is here of his own volition, seeking only that his friend be given the final rites we offered to him," Jason put forward. Seeing that the Druid was speaking the truth about this, and trusting the man, the detectives reluctantly put up their weapons.

"See? There's no reason for us to be at each other's throats," Donald replied with a smile. "Where did you leave my friend's body?"

"In the woods, on the other side of the road. We put a spell over it to keep animals, bugs, and other kinds of scavengers away from it," Jason told the man.

"Thank you! I appreciate that!" the Praetorian sighed in relief.

"Don't thank us yet. While we made the offer to see his soul off, we weren't doing it for free," Phalmina stated, crossing her arms beneath her breasts.

"Fair enough. I will offer you the same as I offered the detectives. Knowledge. Specifically, knowledge of my order and who we were hunting, who lies dead by our hand, and those... who have vanished and eluded our grasp," Donald tabled.

Jason and Sheena's eyes went wide at this, understanding what it meant. If the Praetorians kept records of those they hunted, then it could mean that there were possible allies out there for their merry band of Gaians! If they had access to it, then their ongoing fight would be made much easier! Phalmina came to this revelation a few seconds behind her lovers and stared at them in excitement.

"Where is this knowledge?" Sheena asked, trying to play it cool.

"In a storage facility, much like the one where you recovered the records and archives from the Sons of Caesar. I will tell you where it is, what code phrase must be spoken to not trigger an alert with the people there and of the traps that are in place to deter intruders," Donald stated. "But first, I want my friend to get his final passage to the other side."

"A reasonable ask. Provided the information you give us is good," Sheena responded.

"Dear lady, I promise you this, as a man of honor. I will never tell you and yours a lie, be it one of deception or omission," Donald swore. "Can I get a similar oath from you?"

"I give it, provided that you are being truthful with us," Sheena promised.

"I would ask this one thing before we proceed. Why are you, a general of the Praetorians, risking your safety and your freedom, just to see off someone who is beneath you in rank?" Konstantin asked.

"A good general sees to the disposition of his men, no matter the personal cost to him. It is a matter of duty and honor," Donald replied. Hearing this invoked a measure of respect in the detective, and Meera was similarly impressed.

"Very good. We will take you to him, so you may see him off and say your final goodbye," Jason told the man.

"Thank you!"

Nodding, Jason led the way, with Sheena and Phalmina flanking him, while the detectives brought the rear behind Donald. While the group hadn't done anything overt, they had used their magic to sense if Donald had any weapons of friends waiting nearby. Their magical search came up negative, even after four attempts. This in itself convinced them he must have been telling the truth.

It didn't take them long to get to where Jason had placed Nick's body. They arrived at the impromptu cairn that concealed it, and it was as Jason had left it. True to his word, the body of the dead Praetorian hadn't been touched by the animals or scavengers, as the spell had done its work as intended.

Donald shed a singular tear at seeing his friend like this, appearing almost alive, but never breathing. Losing friends was never easy and losing one so dear had hurt Donald in ways he hadn't felt in a long time. He approached the body of his onetime friend, wondering what was next.

"So, what happens now?" Donald asked.

"In order for his body to release his soul so it can pass on, the runes that are on it must be either removed of disfigured, so his soul may be freed," Phalmina stated.

"I'll do it. He only joined the Praetorians because of me, so it is my duty to free him from this... prison," Donald said to them, as he looked at them expectantly, hoping they'd provide the man with a knife or some other sort of implement.

"Sadly, you cannot be the one to do this. The runes on him must be removed by magical means if they are to grant his soul the freedom it deserves," Jason told him.

"Are you certain of this?" Donald questioned.

"I have studied various texts about the Sons and the corrupted magic they use. While potent, it can be undone by the magic of Gaia. Unless the runes are a creation of the Praetorians?" Jason wondered.

"No. We have no... magic users among our ranks. We are warriors to the bone," Donald said proudly.

"Then we will be the ones to free him. Stay close," Jason stated as he called up Gaia's power.

Donald grumbled, but he kept his thoughts to himself as he watched Jason go to work with his magic. Sheena joined him, having studied some of the corrupted tomes herself, figuring that Jason could use the help. Donald watched in awe as the magic was brought into being, before it was directed to Nicholas' body.

He then watched as the magic scrubbed away one of the runes that adorned his friend's body, leaving only a faint scar behind. The magic continued its work, going through the various runes and erasing them, so they held no more power over Nicholas' soul. Between the pair of them, the process was done quickly, and the moment the dead man's body was devoid of runes, a sigh of relief could be heard.

"What was that?" Donald asked out loud.

"That was me, feeling relieved for the first time in a long time. I am no longer chained, but I am free," a disembodied voice replied. Moments later, something came out of Nicholas' body, which was none other than his very soul. Donald smiled and tears fell from his eyes as he gazed upon his onetime friend and ally.

"Don't weep for me, old friend. Though I will no longer walk among the living, I am at least free to pass on to the next life," Nicholas said to him.

"At least you have that," Donald mumbled, wiping his eyes with the sleeves of his shirt.

"Thank you for seeing the truth of things and freeing my soul from its confinement. Though my time is over, yours is not done yet. There is still time for you to find redemption, before your time draws near," Nicholas told his friend.

"I know I must atone for my actions, but there is more that I need to do. You know how I am, Nick. Can you help me in finding what I seek?" Donald questioned.

"Seek the ancient tomes of our order. It is there that you will find the answers you are looking for," the spirit told him.

"How? I am no longer a Praetorian. The moment they find me, they will kill me on sight," Donald replied, seeming like he'd lost his way.

"You may no longer be one, but you still have the training and knowledge of the order. Use it, as you have in all the times when you needed to. If you are looking to do what I believe you will do, then you will find absolution," Nicholas stated.

"Thank you, old friend," Donald said, bowing his head in reverence.

"You're welcome. I wish I could tell you more, but time is short. Gaia calls me home," Nicholas' spirit said, as a mist formed around him.

"What will happen to you?" Donald asked.

"I do not know. If anything of what we believed is true, it is possible that I now go to my final judgement. If that is the case, I at least go to it, knowing what my sins are. I only hope that my repentance will be enough," Nicholas replied.

"I pray that this... Gaia... will be merciful," Donald told his friend.

"I hope so too! Goodbye, my friend," Nicholas told Donald, before the mist consumed him and like that, he was gone.

"Goodbye," Donald said, his voice thick with emotion. While he was the general of the Praetorians, and had presided over many funerals, this one hit home for him. This time, he got to see his friend leave, and he knew that the man was at peace.

"Take a moment, but remember to uphold your end of the bargain," Jason reminded the former general.

"Thank you, and I will. Just... leave me here for a few?" Donald asked, and Jason nodded. He then gestured to the others for them to do the same, letting the man grieve for his friend. They all did so, but Phalmina was ready to uncase her wings and charge after the man if he reneged on their deal.

"All right. You wish to know about the archives that belong to the Praetorians?" Donald asked nearly half an hour later as he stood up.