Game of Love Ch. 10

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"How dare you!" Her hand cracked across Sergio's face, snapping it back with the force of her blow.

It hurt like hell and Sergio just remained like that, his head lowered. He couldn't even raise his head to stare into his mother's face.

"How dare you talk to me like that? Do you know what, I blame myself for spoiling you the way I did!" She chuckled bitterly. "I am your still your mother and it seems like I have given you too much freedom. Your wedding is in four days and instead of doing all you can to perfect it, you're busy chasing after that slut! Now you listen to me..." She paused, taking a harsh breath. "...from now on, you won't go anywhere without your guards."

Sergio raised his chin, his eyes widening. "What? Mommy, you can't do this to me."

"I just did." She said hoarsely. "If they see that boy an inch closer to you, they'll act. If you want his safety then you better stay away from him, do you understand? And this afternoon, you'll be meeting with Trevor so get prepared."

She hissed and stormed out. Sergio felt like a vessel of anger. He groaned angrily, kicking the wall itself. It hurt but he didn't care. Once again, she had managed to ruin his mood. He was starting to hate all that was going on.

***

"Reina, can you please take these to Mr. Smith's office?" Eric asked, handing over some papers to her. "Those are some of designs for the collection we'll be launching before the end of this month. Make sure you give it to him personally or his assistant."

"Yes, sir!" She bowed.

Eric had already gone home, changed and had even attended a very important meeting. In fact, he was just from the conference room where he had an online meeting with the board members of D&E in Australia. Everything was okay.

He was wearing a beautiful pure white designer's shirt that was tucked in a tight black skinny jean with blue snickers on his feet. He was wearing a red blazer that was fishnet on the sides and his hair was tied in a sexy braided ponytail.

He was on the ground floor because he was about to leave for something important. He took out his phone to call his mother but...

"Hello!" He heard a voice, a very familiar voice behind him.

He slowly turned and got the shock of his life when he saw Trevor there, looking at him with his arms crossed on his chest. He was wearing a black designer's shirt, blue trouser and blue shoes. His hair was made in a bun.

"What are you doing here?" Sergio asked harshly. "I don't remember giving you an invitation to come here. Is it that you're so bored with your life that you decided to come cause trouble here?"

Trevor chuckled manically, taking a deep breath. "You know what Eric, I just don't know how you feel when you keep losing all the time. Honestly, I pity you. But obviously, you must be so used to it now that it has become a normal part of your life."

Eric chuckled softly, giving a mocking smile.

"But what can I do?" He raised his shoulders in a half shrug. "I guess I am just too good that I outsmart you at everything. You tried your best to separate Sergio and me but look at us, no matter what you do, we keep on getting stronger. Our loves keeps on burning and not even a snake like you can put it off."

Eric chuckled. "That's a very nice speech. I have heard of it several times that it's starting to get boring. Is that the only words you know? You're simply my time so please leave. I have very important things to do."

He tried to go but Trevor pulled him back.

"Where are you going?" He chuckled bitterly. "Don't you wanna know why I am here?"

"I don't have time."

"Well, you're gonna love this one since it looks like losing is your middle name." He laughed. "Despite the fact that you've tried your best to seduce my Sergio, I just wanted to tell that we're getting married in the next four days."

Eric just smiled, taking a sigh.

"Our wedding has been scheduled and we're gonna get married right in front of your eyes." He took out a card and handed it over to Eric but Eric just stared at him with a mocking smile. "Must hurt, doesn't it? The man you're so obsessed with, the man that you've tried so hard to make yours getting married to someone else, someone that he loves."

"Well, if you came here to talk about that then you're wasting your time." He chuckled bitterly. "I am not interested in your boyfriend."

"And why would he even be interested in you when he's got me?" Trevor slowly turned, showing his body to Eric. "I am classy, sexy, rich and very beautiful. Every man out there wants a piece of me, including Sergio. You might be all polished up but you're still second grade to me, a cheap copy."

"Is that why you came here?" Eric was shocked. "So you left your house and your wedding preparations just to come and say that? Don't dare me, Trevor, or else you're gonna regret it! I can have any man I want just like that." He snapped his finger in Trevor's face. "And Sergio is no exception."

Trevor balled his fists, trembling like a leaf. "How dare you! Who do you think you are to talk about my fiancé like that?"

"Well, I am glad you said fiancé and not husband. Don't you think 4 days is still a long way for you to be making trouble?" He gave an evil grin. "Chill! You're too insecure for a groom."

Trevor groaned, raising his finger at Eric. "Well, there's nothing you can do because Sergio is mine and mine alone."

"You're the only one arguing with yourself. Whatever I had with Sergio was destroyed years ago but if you push..." He chuckled, shaking his head. "...I swear if you push me, you're gonna awaken the monster in me. And you're not gonna like the results."

"Do your worst but Sergio will marry me in four days' time right in front of you!" He threw his hands in the air, chuckling like an evil genius. "But looking at a shameless boy like you, I am sure you won't stop chasing after him. After all, it runs in your family. You always go after married men and men who have people they love."

Eric's smile started fading when Trevor went in that direction. His anger began rising.

"Your mother was chasing after my father until she became his mistress even after knowing that he had a wife!" Trevor snapped, getting the attention of some people. "That is how you were born, an illegitimate child. And now you're doing the same, chasing after my man. It's like your family is under the curse of mistresses. It's really a pity. But like they say, love conquers all and my love for Sergio is gonna break whatever spell you've put on him."

Eric wasn't smiling anymore. His anger was taking the best of him and he just stared at Trevor with his face blank. Seeing him like that, Trevor burst into laughter, chirping as he got closer. He knew he'd hit him where it hurt the most. He'd found his weak spot.

"Why are you quiet? I thought you were talking a few seconds back." He laughed in mock. "That only shows that you know what I am saying is true. You call yourself sophisticated but only God knows how evil your mind is. I thank God I saved my fiancé from the clutches of evil people like you. No married person is safe from boys like you, boys willing to destroy happy marriages."

Eric smoldered with resentment as his fury sprang to life. Rage pulsed through his veins and his heart started pounding violently in his chest, threatening to rip out. His breaths were harsh.

"I came here to tell you that you've lost, Eric!" He giggled in mock. "You're a loser because my Sergio's love for me is stronger than any seductive skills you were using on him. He couldn't even wait to be with me, to have me in his arms forever and to be called his husband. He brought the wedding even closer because he can't stand the likes of you. I am going to get married to Sergio right in front of your eyes in four days and there's nothing that will stop me! You have a good life, Mr. whatever!"

He laughed manically and was about to leave but...

"Hang on a minute!"

He moved closer to Eric and smiled. Then he chuckled and connected his hand with Eric's cheek and everyone that watched went silent, watching everything in surprise. Eric held his cheek, looking at Trevor in shock. He could believe Trevor had dared slap him like that. His body shook in anger as he looked at Trevor with so much hatred.

"That is for trying to sleep with my husband, you whore!" Trevor warned, still wearing a smile. "Stay away from Sergio or what is gonna come next will be worse. He's got a husband and doesn't need hoes chasing after him."

Trevor quickly turned and left laughing at the top of his voice. Eric just stood there holding his cheek and watching as Trevor left. Boy, Trevor had made the most terrible mistake of his life and he was gonna pay dearly for it. That was the promise Eric made.

"Sir?" Eric heard his assistant's voice behind. "Oh my God, sir, I am truly sorry for that. Do you want to send security after him?"

"No need!" Eric chuckled bitterly. "I know exactly what to do. Did you do what I had asked?"

"Yes!" Reina nodded. "I have handed it personally to him."

"Great! Call me if anything comes up." Eric commanded. "I have something important that I have to do."

"Sure, sir!"

Eric smiled like an evil genius. He was gonna make Trevor pay for that slap and that was a promise.

***

"Hello, mommy!" Eric chuckled when he heard his mother's voice from the other end.

'Hi, baby!' She literally screamed. 'How have you been? I have missed you so much, my love. You haven't called me in almost two days and I absolutely have no idea how you are. Why are you doing this?'

"Mom, calm down!" Eric took a deep breath as he rushed down the stairs. "I have just been busy. And besides, I didn't wanna bother you. You've got work and..."

'Nonsense!' Laurel said harshly on the other end. 'You're my son and that'll never change. The fact that you've become very successful and all grown doesn't change a thing.'

"Okay, ma!" Eric held his ear. "I am so sorry. I will be calling you every day, I promise."

'You better!' She warned. 'You know how I get worried, especially now that you're with that snake in the same city. I am always worried.'

"I am no longer weak, mommy! No one can hurt me anymore. And besides..."

Eric just paused and paid attention to the voice in the background that he'd been dying to hear since he had come back to the country. A smile appeared on his face and his heart began racing with joy. He got really excited and he couldn't even hide it.

"Is that Lilly?"

'Yeah, she just woke up and she won't give me any peace.' Laurel sighed. 'She always wants attention whenever I am talking to you.'

"I understand, mommy! I love Lilly and you take care of her and everyone else. Say hi to Douglas for me."

'Alright, baby!'

The call was cut but Eric just remained standing there like a statue with a smile on his face. God, he missed his mother so much and he was wishing she was there with him. But she had a whole new life now and she was very happy. She wasn't just his mother now. She was had a lot of responsibilities and he didn't wanna burden her.

Eric took a deep sigh and then started heading towards the car park. He was just so excited and so tired. He had come from meeting with a client and just wanted to go home and just sit in the Jacuzzi like the entire night.

Eric was rushing to his car when suddenly, he bumped into someone really hard. The next thing he felt was a thud and he quickly covered his mouth, glancing at the ground. Fortunately for him, there was only a handbag on the ground.

"Oh my God, I am so sorry. I absolutely had no idea that..."

But Eric froze when he raised his head and stared at the woman that was staring back at him with utter shock on her face. Tears immediately welled in Eric's eyes as his fingers spread. His heart started racing and his body felt cold. It was like someone was pinching him with needles.

He felt like he was dreaming. His mouth shook in both fear and excitement. The woman in front of him was extremely beautiful with her beautiful short perm bob with large curls. Her beautiful eyes were staring at him without even blinking. She had tears in her eyes.

"Eric?" She muttered.

"Riya?" Eric gasped as a tear of mirth went rolling down his cheek. "Oh my God, is that you? Riya?"

Both of them couldn't help it. They rushed to each other and hugged tightly, sobbing like little kids. It was really emotional. Eric couldn't believe that moment was happening, he was actually holding Riya in his arms.

A quiet contentment spread through him. It was almost more happiness than he could take. He pulled away but held her hands, checking her out. She was more beautiful than ever.

She wore a classy blue dress that showed off her curvy figure and red high heels on her feet. God, he couldn't believe he was seeing her.

"Riya?" He gasped. "My goodness, you've got no idea how happy I am to see you. I have been thinking of you since I came back but..."

"Why did you do this Eric?" Riya sobbed as tears flowed down her cheeks. "Why, Eric? Do you know how much I have suffered the last five years? Not a day had passed by when I didn't think of you. I cried like I was crazy for months but you went quiet. You deactivated all your social media accounts. You were untraceable."

Eric took Riya's hands and kissed them as he cried softly. "Oh my God, Riya, I am truly sorry. I have so many regrets about leaving you in the dark but I had to protect myself. I had to leave my painful past behind and I know I shouldn't have kept you out of my life..."

"But you did." Riya took her hands away furiously, shaking her head. "I hated you for what you did, Eric. I promised myself that if I saw you, I was gonna be mad at you but when I eventually did..." She paused and chuckled in pain. "...I got really excited. My friend was back. My best is back to me."

Eric smiled, more tears flooding his face. "Riya, I am so sorry. I should have tried to communicate but I had no way. I couldn't even locate your Facebook account."

"I deactivated it because it reminded me of the painful past. Smith and I wanted to move on so we deactivated our accounts and just concentrated on studies."

"Oh, Smith!" Eric chuckled, rubbing his tears. "How's he?"

Riya lost the smile on her face, taking a deep sigh. "After graduation, he landed his dream job in Mexico. He went there and I lost communication with him a few months ago. But he's fine. Last I talked to him, he got engaged and was thinking about starting a family."

"Really?" Eric gasped. "That's good for him. And you..."

He didn't even finish his sentence before Riya raised her hand, showing the beautiful band on her finger.

"No!" He gasped, shaking his head. "You're married?"

"Yes, going three months." She laughed. "Scott and I..."

"Scott? You guys were really serious with your relationship, huh?"

"Yes!" Riya raised her eyebrow. "After graduation, everything turned out to be great. We live in the next city and we own an engineering company and bridal shop."

"Wow, you know..." Eric paused and picked Riya's bag from the ground. "You know what? I am not gonna let you go until you and I talk. Let's go to a nearby restaurant and we can catch up if you're not busy."

"No!" She shook her head.

The two friends headed to Eric's car and drove off, laughing at the top of their voices just like old times.

***

"Like I said before we changed the date of the wedding, I don't want anything to change." Kim instructed the woman that was taking some notes. "I still want this wedding to be very grand and the best wedding ever."

"Ma'am, my team and I will do the best we can in the shortest possible time." She said, wearing a smile. "I know how important this wedding is to you. And some of the things are ready like the venue but I just want you to take a look at these brochures and choose the theme of the wedding."

She handed all of them brochures so that they could check the theme. Giada got so excited. She couldn't believe it was happening. Trevor was blushing, holding on to Sergio's arm with his life. He couldn't believe that in four days, he was gonna be married to Sergio. Even Adrianna was there although she didn't feel like she was even a part of that meeting.

"What do you think, Sergio?" Kim asked. "Which one would you love? I was thinking maybe gold and silver or diamond. It would be lit and it would show just how rich we are."

Sergio smiled sheepishly. "Anything, mommy. Whatever you choose will be okay."

"Come on!" Giada chuckled, shaking her head. "This is your wedding Sergio and it only happens once in a life time. Although the theme that Kim has chosen is wonderful, I still think this rests on you and Trevor. What do you want?"

"I think I agree with mother." Trevor raised his chin, smiling at Kim which made Adrianna roll her eyes. "The theme she chose is just great. But baby, if you wanna change it, I will support you."

"No!" Sergio shook his head. "I am okay with anything."

Kim could see that something was wrong with her son. He wasn't his usual self and it made her really worried. She took his hand, rubbing on it sweetly while smiling.

"Sergio, what's wrong? You seem to be absent minded. Are you sick?"

Sergio shook his head. "Um, nothing!"

"Sergio, I am your mother." She said with a smile. "I can sense that you have a problem right now, something is bothering you. You can tell me about it. If there's anything you want to change about the arrangement, I'll gladly do it for your happiness."

'How about you cancel this game of shame?' Adrianna thought, her hands squeezing into fists. 'If you truly cared about his happiness then you wouldn't be doing what you are doing to him. But go ahead, Kim, destroy your son's life and see how unhappy he'll be.'

"It's nothing, mommy!" He sighed. "I guess it's because of the pressure from work and the upcoming wedding."

"I am sorry, sweetie!" She kissed his hand. "It's just four days, okay? You'll rest afterwards and go on your honeymoon with Trevor. It will be fun."

Sergio gave a fake smile, nodding. If only his mother knew what was at the back of his mind was far away from what he had said. He was thinking about Eric, his beautiful smile and the way he smelt. He had to try his best not to break down. He didn't wanna upset his mother.

Adrianna was getting sick with the whole emotional blackmail her mother was using on Sergio. She rolled her eyes angrily, getting up from the chair.

"Excuse me!" She muttered. "I need to go outside for a second."

"Why?" Kim asked with a frown. "You are supposed to be here helping us with..."

"Mom, whatever they choose is fine by me. It's not like this is my wedding or something. I need some air."

She got up furiously and started heading outside. Boy she was so mad that she felt like punching something. Her breaths were harsh and her heart was racing so much. If she stayed there for a few more seconds then she was gonna make a really big mistake.

"Stupid bitch!" She cursed under her breath. "Always finding ways of ruining everything and..."

Adrianna paused when she bumped into someone. She gasped, quickly raising her head. Then instantly, her mood changed. A smile popped up her face and she felt like she had just stepped in heaven.

"Eric?"

"Adrianna!" Eric chuckled, quickly giving her a peck. "What a surprise. What are you doing here?"

"Err..." She chuckled nervously. "I was having dinner with my mom and Sergio. We actually came to meet someone."

Eric felt his heart race the moment he heard that. He quickly raised his head and felt his heart pound violently when his eyes locked with Sergio. Boy, he got really scared and gulped. The whole crew was there and he didn't need to be a genius to know that they were discussing about the wedding.

He took a deep breath, smiling at Adrianna. Adrianna could tell that the smile was fake. Riya on the other hand got scared when she saw Sergio. She hadn't seen him in four years and the last time they spoke, she had given him a really hot slap. She glanced at Eric and could already feel the tension in the air.