Gateway to the Stars

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The dais arrives at the Rectory and she leads you back inside.

"I tried to talk to my partner about it but she couldn't understand. I had heard the Word. The one true voice of the First Starwalkers and could not turn away." She pours herself another cup of tea and stretches out on the couch, long legs, propped up on the table.

"So, from that moment forward, I was no longer Elias Soren, Altonian botanist, but rather junior officer Stasha Tristai. With a new name and purpose, I worked my way up through the ranks of the OCC and now," she spread her hands showing the Rectory. "Here I am."

You take a seat next to her and she leans in, putting her hand firmly under your chin.

"Now, what shall we do with you?" She smiles, biting her lip as her hand starts to move down the front of your body when the door chimes. She gives a flash of irritation.

"Enter." She commands.

A heavy set younger woman in a dark plum tabard enters with a digital pad. She looks no more than eighteen with a certain fanaticism in her dark brown eyes.

"Novice Diana, yes. What is the status of our guests from the Silent Leopard?" The novice looks slightly anxious, her eyes flitting to you and back to the Admiral.

"You may speak freely Novice, Brenna here is a personal guest of mine." The way she said 'personal guest' and the flicker of recognition in Novice Diana's eyes was both alarming and a little arousing.

"Captain Lia Vummai is confined to a solitary holding cell after resisting all efforts to debrief her on the recent... uh... incident." The Novice stumbles over that bit of self-censorship but the Admiral waves her on. "The Bolaheld and the engineer are in the main holding tank although we removed Mr. Arven's cybernetic arm for safety reasons."

"Good, yes, and the pilot? The rather fetching Trelkzies?" Novice Diana shakes her head.

"It looks like Bishop Cadfael checked her out of custody relatively soon after they arrived and she has not been seen since."

"Damn him, I was worried about that. Can you check with Bishop Thomas and make sure that Cadfael didn't bring her over to the mess hall as entertainment again. You remember what happened last time."

"Yes Admiral."

"Novice Diana, in a few hours, we are docking with the Atonement."

"Yes, Admiral?"

"I'm going to let you in on a secret, but as always, you are sworn as part of your oath."

"Oh of course, Admiral."

"While officially classified as a science vessel, the Atonement is actually the personal transport for the Arch Magistrate."

"The Arch Magistrate? Here?!" Novice Diana looks alarmed.

"Can you explain to Brenna who the Arch Magistrate is? She is not familiar with our ways and customs." The novice takes a few gulps of air and then finds the words.

"The Arch Magistrate is the head of the CloisterBorn, those tasked with doing what is necessary to protect the legacy of the First Starwalkers. They have a holy decree to take whatever steps required, even those outside of doctrine, to keep the Word safe." The Novice looks properly terrified now.

"Has something happened?" The admiral gives her an indulgent smile.

"Not yet, my dear. Run along and speak to Bishop Thomas about Caldfael and the Trelkzies. I will be in touch in a bit." The Novice flees, her purple tabard flapping behind her.

The Admiral gives you a lop-sided grin.

"In less than 20 minutes, every Bishop, Deacon, Sister-in-Arms and Novice will know that the Arch Magistrate is coming. That should ensure that everyone is on their best behavior and your friend is quickly located and secured. No one wants any hint of trouble with the Arch Magistrate around."

"Why are they here?" You ask, "is it for us?"

Her laugh is colder than you like.

"Oh Brenna, no. The Arch Magistrate did not come all the way out here for an academy dropout, a one-armed mercenary, and her pet strays. No - the Arch Magistrate has come to ensure that the anomaly, and all information pertaining to it, is secure." The admiral shakes her head.

"Can't have the CloisterBorn's mistakes spilling out where any Junior officer could see them, now can you?"

"They made the anomaly?"

She stretches, cat-like and gives you a coy smile. "I think we've had quite enough talking, I'm ready for something a little more... interesting."

The admiral leans in, her hand heavy on your thigh and whispers in your ear.

"Tell me, on your home planet, are you familiar with Altonian mating rituals?" Her other hand brushes across your chest, gently copping a feel. You twist uncomfortably, brushing her off.

"I would be happy to show you them, I think you might like it." She says, her fingers finding your erect nipple and twisting making you yelp.

"No." You say. "We don't. Or we haven't." You stand up and cross your arms, as she gives you a surprised look.

"Really now? I figured a native girl looking like you would," she gives you another leer, "Well, Lia and I picked up plenty of native girls in our time, fucked them good and then dumped them on an old mining station. When I saw you on the crew, well, you are definitely her type." She gives you a little half shrug. "I figured you were a bit of a slag."

Your face darkens but you have no words. Lia? Taking advantage?

"Very well." She gives her hands a little clap. "Turn around and take off your skirt."

"What?" You ask, startled.

"Take off your clothes and turn around." She says slowly and deliberately. "Have I not made myself clear? Or do I need to call down to Brother Cadfael and have him flush your friends right out the airlock?"

"Oh god, no." You say, feeling the fear rise in your throat. "I'll do what you ask." Fear, and a bit of arousal.

You shed your skirt and push down your panties, carefully turning around and facing the door. The cool air of the room brushes across your skin, making you shiver with anticipation.

"Put your hands on the table." Her voice is firm and commanding. Somewhere behind you there is a shuffling of clothing and then the faintest moan. A wet shlick schlick sound fills the air as she begins to touch herself while looking at your firm butt.

"Yessss." She mummers and then SMACK. She lands a blow firmly on your right cheek, stinging sharply. SMACK SMACK. You feel the red hand prints smarting but don't dare turn around.

"So fine." She moans softly to herself. SMACK SMACK. Her blows sting and your excitement grows.

She grabs your butt with both hands, squeezing it cruely and pushes your legs part, gaining access to your most sensitive inner thighs and lips. You feel her fingers, tracing your outer lips, already flush with excitement.

You shudder, despite yourself, prompting another moan from behind you.

"So enthusiastic. I knew you were one of those lusty native girls." and then you feel her wet tongue on your lips and your knees quake.

She licks you from behind, and you bend even further at the waist to give her better access as her tongue flicks your clit and traces your lips, moving faster in tempo with your own gyrations.

She comes up but only to replace her tongue with her skillful fingers, pushing inside your soaked sex and rubbing your clit form the inside.

Hazarding a glance back, you see that she has shed her dress and frantically stroking herself in time with you. You catch her gaze and there is fire there.

"Did I say you could look at me?!" She shouts, pulling her fingers out of you. "On your knees!" She lays back on the couch, her deep brown skin glowing in the dim light, her legs spread lewdly. You start to kneel before her but she reaches up and grabs a fist full of your hair.

"Now!" She shouts, pulling you down and pressing your face into her wet sex. You quickly go to work, swirling her clit and sucking it into your mouth. She shouts her pleasure, arching up on the coach and locking her legs around your head.

Her cries get louder and more urgent as her legs tighten around you. Her hand snakes down and finds your nipples through your shirt, twisting them roughly, and slapping the sides of your breasts. Your head swims, but you hang on, holding her bucking hips and working her clit as best you can till finally, she gasps loud and long and then falls back to the couch. Satisfied.

You stand there, dazed from the sudden eroticism - horny and unsatisfied.

She looks up at you, face filled with smug bliss. Then waves her hand dismissively.

"Put on your clothes and get out. Novice Diana will take you to the holding cell. I'm done with you for now, though I may choose to make use of your body again so try to take care of yourself with the other malcontents in there. I understand they too can be a bit... forceful."

Face red from exertion, you wipe yourself with a sleeve and find your skirt and panties, pulling them on without a word. The Admiral has already dressed and returned to her desk, not even acknowledging your presence now that your "work" is done.

With her careful neglect, you quickly pocket the ReelNet, tucking it back into the fold pocket of your skirt and walk swiftly from the Rectory.

At the door, Novice Diana is waiting on the floating platform to take you to the holding cell.

Novice Diana is waiting impatiently on the platform. As you approach she reaches out and snaps a pair of glowing orange handcuffs around your wrists. You shift your hips to keep your ReelNet safely tucked and reachable in your skirt pocket.

"I assume the Admiral is done with you, for now at least?" Safely out of earshot of the Admiral, her tone makes it clear that this is an all too familiar experience. You nod and step onto the platform. She presses a button and it whirs to life, floating through the cyclopean tunnels of the ship.

"So... how long have you been a Novice?" You ask, lamely trying to start the conversation.

"Two years." She echoes as if by rote.

"What made you want to... join?"

"Dedicate." She answers. The platform hums along through a dark curving passage - the rippling walls of the ship creating the effect of traveling through a dark esophagus of some giant creature.

"Because I wish to carry the word. To live in the enduring footsteps of the First Starwalkers. It is through their teachings that we better our lives."

Up ahead the passage begins to slope downward, the way lit by a giant glowing vent, the light punctured by an ever-rotating mechanism giving a surreal shutter effect as you pass beneath it.

"So what does that mean - better your life? What are the tenets of being a Dedicate?"

She gives you a careful measured look, the barest hints of a smile reaching her lips but she answers your question.

"To live your life in service of the Word, to work to prepare this realm for the return of the First Starwalkers, to lift up all sentient inhabitants and forsake all other commitments and pleasures of the flesh that may distract from service of the Word." She intones.

Down the platform floats and the air takes on an acrid taste like someone had burned popcorn in a microwave but Novice Diana is undeterred.

"Forsaking pleasures of the flesh, eh?" You say, chuckling wryly.

"Obviously, not all of those who carry the Word are as devout as they should be." She turns up her nose slightly.

"So you say, 'prepare the realm'... oh! The HavenConduits!" You say, answering your own question. She nods.

"They are the First StarWalkers' gift to this universe. By their will and with their tools, we connect the universe, bringing all species together in perfect harmony."

"And these HavenConduits do that?" You ask.

"Of course. By allowing all to travel through the vastness of space, we can be as they were - walking forever in their celestial footsteps."

"Did you always want to be part of the OCC?" You ask. Up ahead, you see four floating cubes - inside each a pulsating green light that burns your eyes when you look at them too long. The whole chamber thrums in rhythm with the flickering light. You watch them, captivated but the platform glides on unto a large antechamber where several feet below, you can see workers conducting repairs on a series of tubes.

"I knew since I was seventeen years old. I was born on Droth ZB88, one of the distant moans of the Droth supercluster. My community was a small one, built into the shallows of the M'Tanka Delta. My family worked in mineral extraction, and though I had excelled at school, I was betrothed to an older man in a neighboring village."

As the platform descends, you see the workers, their blue tabards reflecting their work lights as they watch in careful disinterest as you float down the central shaft deep into the bowels of the massive ship.

When you had started your journey, you had tried to keep a mental map of the path you had taken but with the labyrinthine structure of the ship, you quickly resigned yourself to having to kidnap a guide. Maybe Novice Diana. You give her a once over. You could take her, handcuffs or no.

"It was the day I was set to leave my parents home when there was an incredible roaring noise, like the heavens themselves were splitting apart. And there, in the sky, was The Absolution. It had arrived in the system as a forerunner to the future HavenConduit. That was the day everything changed."

"Within a year the gate was built and the call went out for those to Carry the Word. And I knew. I knew that this was my sacred purpose. To walk amongst the stars and to serve." Her eyes gleam with a reverent glee.

"I dedicated and after my time at the Cloister, I was assigned as a personal adjunct to the Admiral." The enthusiasm in her voice dimmed briefly as she mentioned the Admiral. "With another year of service, I will be raised to Bishop and then hopefully, Deacon."

"What happened to your family? Your village?" Her face flickered, but she brushed the hair from her face and regained her composure.

"The OCC... enlightened...the system. They brought medicine, education and order to my home planet." The way she said that, jaw clenched, told more than the words and for a moment, your heart goes out to her. A young naive woman, escaping a home and finding... a place serving the Admiral. Oh.

Novice Diana is probably all too familiar with "Altonian Mating Rituals". Ugh.

"We are here." Says Novice Diana.

The platform stops descending and moves through an arched hallway illuminated with red lights. The floor is made up with a series of grates and you see movement in the darkness beneath the gate. Floating perpendicular to you, you see a number of other platforms, with one or two tabard wearing Bishops, shining white lights into the grates below.

Novice Diana hits a button on the platform and it descends down towards the central raised dais where you see a tall robed figure waiting, flanked by a collection of three Bishops. This cleric's robes are all black with a single silver embroidered eye in the center of his chest.

Diana gasps in fear.

"The arch magistrate! He's here!"

###

The arch magistrate is a handsome man, with a strong jaw framed with a dark beard and intense eyes. Those eyes watch you, unblinking as your platform gently floats to the metal grate floor of the vast chamber. He pushes back his hood as you land, revealing his dark brown hair and stern features. Novice Diana gives him a one-shouldered bow,

"Arch Magistrate." She says.

"Praise be the Word and all who carry it." The arch magistrate intones. "Greetings to you Novice. I assume this is one of the detainees from the Silent Leopard?"

He gives you a once over. "Obviously not the Trelkzies pilot so that would make you our mystery woman. Brenna Sweeney, correct?" He thumbs the digital pad.

"Yes," you say, wondering how the hell he got your name.

He gives you a wry, almost playful smile. "I am Droust and I have some questions for you. If you aren't too busy." He turns to the men flanking him on either side.

"Do I have a choice?" You ask, as politely as possible. "I just finished speaking with the Admiral."

"I'm sure you did." Droust says. "However, I think you will find that my questions may prove a bit more productive than whatever the Admiral chose to discuss with you."

He turns to the Bishops on either side of him. "Brothers, I am afraid that this audience is of a sensitive nature, is there a better chamber that we may use?"

While he is talking, he steps forward and grasps your manacles, gently pulling you forward off the platform and onto the metal grates.

"There is the interrogation annex, just through those doors." They indicate a little side room.

"That will suit my needs. Go in peace, my brethren." He says softly and begins leading you towards the chamber. Novice Diana gives you a long look and then with a whir, launches her platform back into the air, floating back through the cavernous tunnels.

The two Bishops return to pacing the metal grates, occasionally shining spotlights into the rooms below or stomping on the grates with great vigor, rattling the inhabitants.

The two of you walk in relative silence till finally he speaks.

"I imagine you are wondering what awaits you. Perhaps physical or mental violence? I want to assure you now, that is neither my goal nor intention. In fact, after we have spoken, I intend to return you to your crew and, with the Admiral's cooperation, return you to your ship."

He presses his hand to a panel next to the wall and a circular door diolates open showing a small chamber, about the size of a bedroom, made up entirely of smooth gray reflective panels. In the center of the room there is a single metal arm, descended from the ceiling, holding a metal circlet.

"Have you ever seen these before?" Droust asks. He pulls it down so that it is level with your head.

"They are a gift from the First Starwalkers - they access the part of your brain related to memory. Let me show you." He places the circlet on his brow and hands you a small metal ring to hold in your hands. All around you, the reflective panels of the room hum to life.

He closes his eyes for a moment and you hear noise - laughter. You see two women, in their mid-40s, wearing silver shimmering dresses. One is short and full-figured while the other tall and ethereal. They are standing at the edge of a lake, filled with glittering golden fish. There are purple trees, with leaves like holly and blossoms like magnolias and a soft breeze pulls at their branches.

"Droust, sweetheart, come swim!" The shorter woman has her feet in the water and is splashing around.

"This is from my wedding anniversary three years ago." Droust says. "That is Zdonia and Terreah, my sister-wives at our home in Dal'Mchan."

The breeze seems to stir your hair and you can almost smell the sweet fragrance of the flowering trees.

"It is one of my favorite memories and always close at hand. Do you understand?" He closes his eyes again and the image fades as the women laugh in the water. He takes of the circlet and gestures for you to stand where he was.

"Do you understand?" He asks.

"You will ask me questions and no matter how I answer, you can simply view my memories and glean the truth." He nods.

"You see now why physical violence is simply... unnecessary." He spreads his hands.

"If we may begin?"

With a careful, almost tender gesture, he brushes the hair from your face and gently places the device on your brow. Taking a step back, he grasps the metal ring connecting by a cord to the ceiling and the room hums to life.

You feel a prickling sensation, like all the hairs on the back of your neck standing on end and then shivers run up and down your spine. You feel a presence, a hand on your shoulder and suddenly you are there, standing in the lake in Dal'Mchan.

Zdonia reaches out, pulling you towards the deeper waters, her laughter infectious.

Droust's face snaps into view, his mouth tight with concentration.

1...7891011...13