Gift For Whom?

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The pair lay panting with Traci half on top of Ford's body 30 minutes later, satisfied smiles on both of their faces.

"Ooh, that was so good," Traci rasped. "You know we're so good together, Ford. Can't we make this work?"

Ford sighed. He knew his wife was right. He also knew that her being right was no longer enough.

"That was good, Trace, but it's not going to change anything. You have always been able to fuck me to distraction, and maybe that was part of our problem. Remember, I had a feeling last year that things were off between us, right about the time your affair was going on. I tried to speak to you; you put me off and fucked me into a coma. Maybe if you weren't so selfish..."

"Yes, I always knew that if I could get you into bed, I could get my way on anything. I guess you spoiled me. I was selfish and arrogant," Traci admitted sheepishly.

"What are we going to tell the kids if we divorce? Think about that," Traci said while she cuddled into his shoulder.

"I won't lie for you to our children," Ford said. "You had an affair. It's the truth, and that's all they need to know."

She raised her head off Ford's shoulder and looked both shocked and hurt.

"Really? You would tell them I cheated?" Traci rasped.

"Absolutely. Why should I take any kind of a hit on this because you broke your vows? No, no, no. I'm not falling on my sword for you. Actions have consequences beyond the obvious," Ford said forcefully.

"Aarrgghh! No! You can't!"

Traci jumped up and ran into the master bath, sobbing as she went. Shaking his head, Ford slowly got up, gathered his clothes and walked back to what had become "his" bedroom in recent weeks.

Ford thought on his dilemma for several more days before giving his attorney the go-ahead to have Traci served at the house during the day while he was at work. He was trying to save her the embarrassment.

He called both children a day before the service and explained in very general terms the reason for the divorce. They both were shocked and appalled when they found out their mother had an affair.

"No hope of a reconciliation?" their daughter, Candy, asked him. "Over 25 years of marriage, and you won't give her a second chance?"

"Infidelity is a deal-breaker, especially when it's more than a one-off. This was an affair of several weeks, and several hook-ups," Ford said quietly.

"Has she ever said why she did it?" Candy asked.

"Sort of because she could, figuring there was no way she would ever get caught," Ford responded.

There was silence for about 10 seconds, before his daughter finally spoke again.

"And yet somehow you caught her?" Candy said.

"Almost a year after the fact..."

"And just like that you don't love her anymore?" Candy asked.

"Not that simple, Pumpkin. I still love her very much, but I will always question her love for me. She continues to tell me she loves me, but I don't see how she could love me and do what she did," Ford said. "Actions over words."

Although Traci was angry at Ford's decision to divorce, she eventually got over it when she realized he willingly gave her half of everything without dragging things out and without trying to hold her up to ridicule. The pair agreed they would try to remain friends of a sort and always be there for their kids.

******

Two weeks later, Santiago Lopes was mugged outside of the Galeria Lopes after closing time. He was beaten about the head and face, and every finger of his painting hand was broken.

The muggers got $76.12 in cash and the artist's credit cards. The police never caught the thieves.

******

A year later, Candy announced she and her boyfriend of two years were engaged and planned to be married another nine months from then. The family had a small celebration dinner with Candy, her fiancé, their son, Braxton and his girlfriend, and Traci and Ford. The meal was to be held in a Hungarian restaurant in town that was a favorite of the family through the years.

Ford noticed that Traci looked radiant in a short, tight navy dress. She approached him brightly in the parking lot and gave him a passionate kiss when they connected. By habit, he returned the kiss just as passionately, even though the two had been divorced for several months. Traci smiled widely while Ford grinned self-consciously when they broke apart.

"Hey, you two, try to keep it G-rated in public," Braxton said.

Braxton's girlfriend looked confused.

"I thought you said they were divorced," she whispered to him, although loud enough for everyone to hear.

"They are, but Mom doesn't think they need to be hardcore about that," he chuckled.

All eyes flickered from Traci to Ford. Traci looked smug. Ford blushed deeply.

Later that night, Ford and Traci shared another passionate kiss as he bade his former wife good-night. Her blue dress had been replaced by a short, diaphanous white robe, which Traci threw on so she could walk her ex-husband from her bedroom to the front door.

The pair had just spent the previous two hours making love multiple times in multiple positions.

"Thank you, Ford. It had been a long dry streak for me. You are a hard man to replace," Traci stated.

"You are hard to replace as well," Ford said. "You do realize how pathetic this makes us look."

"I'm pretty sure we could both do the random hook-up thing, but I learned my lesson on that," Traci said. "Trying to find somebody to make it count with, that's a whole different thing."

"Yeah..."

******

A 6-foot strawberry blonde with a DD chest and legs all the way up to the plumbing usually gets noticed whenever she walks into a room. If she's wearing a somewhat form-fitting dark green dress that reaches only halfway down her shapely thighs it's only a matter of time before she's the target of most of the horny men in the area.

Sarah Ralston had been getting blatantly eyeballed by men since she was a teenager. It almost didn't register in her mind anymore as she walked to the bar at her city's annual philharmonic charitable dinner.

Ford Pomerantz had 20-20 vision. He, along with most of the men with pulses, didn't miss the mature beauty when she walked in the door by herself. She looked to be about the same age as Ford, 50, and he quickly noted that she was not wearing a ring on the third finger of her left hand.

Ford watched as the goddess confidently worked the room, laughing and conversing with people in various groups. He watched various men approach her from time to time, moving away shortly thereafter with disappointed looks on their faces. Ford chuckled to himself, knowing that on this night, at least, he was not going to be one of those disappointed. He had come to the event as the escort of his ex-wife, Traci, and would never be gauche enough to hit on another woman while with her.

Still, he was enjoying the way this woman moved like a tigress on the hunt. He watched her go back to the bar and leave with two flutes of champagne, heading across the expanse of the room before finally sidling up to... Traci.

The goddess tapped Traci on the shoulder, handing her one of the flutes when she turned around. Traci lit up with a huge smile as she took the glass.

Ford watched the two of them lose themselves in each other as they talked and laughed for the last 10 minutes of the social hour. He watched in total fascination as his ex-wife was getting physically aroused talking to her new friend, who by this point was repeatedly touching Traci on her arms and shoulders and leaning close to her face. Ford noted he had never seen Traci respond this intensely to another woman before.

When the crowd was asked to sit for dinner, Traci and her new friend found their way over to Ford. Traci introduced her as Sarah and sat on one side of her with Ford on the other.

There were five other people at the table of eight, but Traci and Sarah pretty much had eyes only for each other, almost to the point of being rude. They sat and whispered and laughed to each other like 12-year-old girls. At one point, one of the other women at the table joked with Ford that he was obviously going to be the odd man out tonight.

"Maybe if I ask politely I will be allowed to take pictures," he joked.

Everybody else at the table twittered somewhat nervously. Traci and Sarah never even heard the comment.

As the evening was coming to an end, Ford got out of his chair, moved to a spot almost in between the two women and kneeled down to get in close, causing them both to focus on him for the first time.

"Ladies, you two look like you want to continue this evening," Ford said. "Sarah, could you do me a favor and drive Traci home. I'm going to call it an early night."

The two women's faces lit up like Christmas trees.

"Thank you, Ford. I owe you one. Well, another one," Traci whispered before giving him a quick peck on his lips.

Traci and Sarah went to a quiet bar after the dinner, where they talked, touched and kissed, the latter done softly and quickly. Traci was as aroused as a horny teenager, she noted, but she was well out of her comfort zone. As far as she could remember, she had never felt anything sexual for another woman before. She kept taking fleeting looks around the bar to see if anyone was looking at her and Sarah.

"Relax, Sweetie. It's 2022. Women with other women is not shocking," Sarah said softly.

Traci blushed deeply. She wanted this woman, but she knew she wasn't gay... was she? Now?

"I-I've never been with another woman. I was married to a man for more than 25 years," Traci whispered.

Sarah could practically see the emotions playing out across Traci's face. She remembered her own journey to learning of her sexuality. She didn't want to rush Traci into what she knew could be life altering or life affirming behaviors.

She leaned in and gave Traci a soft kiss on the lips.

"I know this is different and difficult," Sarah said. "How about we take this really slow. I'll take you home now. You call me, okay."

Traci didn't get much sleep that night, nor for most of the next week. She finally called her best friend, Lori, and discussed the events of the evening.

"I want her, Lori. It's like I still want Ford. I don't understand it. I'm not gay... I don't think," Traci said.

"I guess that would be bisexual, Traci, and you wouldn't be the first woman to ever have those feelings," Lori said.

"But now? After all this time?"

"Well, you did say she was stunning," Lori replied.

"Oh, yeah. She was like... lightning," Traci related.

"Lightning? Hmm. I'm thinking you need to go for it, hon," Lori said.

******

Traci snuggled in closer to Sarah as the two lay face to face in the latter's bed. She felt like every nerve in her body was singing "The Hallelujah Chorus." She couldn't remember the last time sex had been this amazing. Was it because it was new, different, with a woman for the first time or a combination of any or all? At that moment, Traci didn't care what the answer was. All she knew was she wanted to do it again... and again... and again.

It was the fourth date for the pair. They had enjoyed a meal and a movie before going back to Sarah's apartment. As usual, Traci let Sarah lead the way, trusting the woman the way she had trusted her ex-husband for more than a quarter of a century.

Sarah knew the experience with a woman was the first for Traci. Traci seemed receptive to everything Sarah did to her, and tried to reciprocate some. Sarah was encouraged by that, and knew she could teach her her willing pupil.

Traci had been completely honest with Sarah about how she ended her marriage to Ford by cheating. She was open about wanting to stay married, but Ford couldn't get over her disrespect along with the cheating. Still, she and Ford had returned to being friends again, and they occasionally went out together, like on the night she had met Sarah.

Sarah listened impassively as Traci talked about her marriage. She, too, had been in a long-term relationship, which had ended when her partner died in a car wreck about 10 years ago. She knew that if she and Traci stayed together, there would most definitely be a discussion about fidelity.

******

Two months before Candy's wedding, Traci called Ford, and after much hemming and hawing, finally was able to ask him if he minded if she brought Sarah to the wedding.

"The Sarah you met at the dinner a few months ago? You two an item now?" he asked.

Traci couldn't tell anything by Ford's voice how he felt about her question. She was hoping he wouldn't object, especially because of Sarah being a woman. This was definitely new territory for Traci.

"Y-yes, I guess we're together. I guess," she stammered.

Ford could hear her embarrassment through the phone line. He thought of several catty replies, but good sense ruled the day and he bit his tongue. His ego wasn't sure if it was better to be replaced by another man, or a woman, especially one as beautiful as Sarah.

"I never knew... you had... you liked women," Ford said. "I did see that night that you two had something. That's why I left you two alone."

"You saw that? You bailed because of that?" she squeaked.

"Everybody saw it, Traci. Everybody was jealous of you. She's quite a stunner,"

Ford said.

"Everybody saw it? Oh my..."

"It's fine, Traci. But damn, girl, you steal away the best looking single woman at the event?" Ford interrupted.

Traci chuckled, then sighed.

"I think it would be great if you would bring Sarah to the wedding. Hell, she can even sit with you in our family row," Ford said.

"In the family row... Oh, shit, I haven't even told the kids about Sarah yet!" Traci said. "I need to do that!"

"Easy, Babe. How about we set up a brunch at your house Sunday morning?" Ford said. "Then we can all grill Sarah..."

"Ford!" she yelled over the phone.

"Kidding, babe. Kidding. I'll stop at Silverman's for bagels and pastries. You get the lox and salads."

"Thank you, Ford. You're still looking out for me," Traci said.

"It's what you do when you love someone," Ford said.

"I know," Traci said softly.

Ford showed up about 30 minutes before the children arrived so he and Sarah could get better acquainted and he could help set up the brunch.

"That was very gallant of you at the dinner," Sarah said to Ford as they set up.

Ford smiled self-consciously.

"Once I got over the pain of not being your choice, I figured if I couldn't have you, she might as well have the best-looking woman at the event. Or I could claim enlightened self-interest: she marries you and my alimony payments stop," Ford explained, giving Sarah a cheeky, sideways grin.

"Hey!" Traci said from across the room. "I heard that."

"Busted!" Ford said, laughing.

Candy and her fiancé, Liam, and Braxton and his girlfriend, Tiffany, walked in to the house together. They wrongly assumed the unknown woman in the house was their father's girlfriend. Traci hesitantly told the four that Sarah was her girlfriend during the introductions.

"Whoa. I did not see that coming!" Braxton said. "Oh shit! Did I just say that out loud?"

Ford chuckled at his son's discomfort.

"Yup."

"Sorry, Mom," Braxton said sheepishly.

"This is why we wanted you all to meet," Traci said. "This would have been a little much if you hadn't met until the rehearsal dinner."

"Good point, Mom," Candy said.

Traci was very uncomfortable with the discussion that followed. Sarah handled the discussion well, in fact, comforting Traci several times.

"I never had a clue... until she walked over to me and handed me that flute of champagne," Traci said at one point in the discussion. "After that..."

She blushed and dropped her eyes.

The wedding went off without a hitch, although the immediate family noticed that several family members and old friends seemed to be upset or uncomfortable with Traci's choice of partners. Sarah was aware that she was the cause of some uncomfortable conversations during the weekend. She discussed the problem for a few minutes while she was dancing with Ford.

"You are one cool customer, Ford. You don't seem to be too upset with all of the chatter. I mean, I know she's not your wife anymore, but still," Sarah related.

"You are Traci's choice now. That's good enough for me. Your gender doesn't make a bit of difference. As long as you love and respect her, I will be good with you. Who cares what anyone else thinks," Ford said.

"Thank you for that, Ford," Sarah said.

With that, Sarah leaned close to Ford and gave him a soft kiss on the lips.

"Hey, you trying to steal my girl?" Traci said with a laugh as she approached the couple.

"Not that I could, but it would kind of even things out, wouldn't it?" Ford said, raising his eyebrows in question.

******

A few months later, Traci and Sarah decided to hold Christmas for their families at Traci's home. Drinks and snacks were on the menu for Christmas Eve. Ford showed up about 8 with several bottles of booze.

"Ooh, Macallan 18-year-old. Somebody understands how to celebrate Christmas."

Ford smiled and looked at the source of the pronouncement. He smiled even more when he looked into a pair of mesmerizing green eyes. The rest of the package contained long, light brown hair and curves. She looked to be a couple of inches shorter and a couple of years younger than Sarah, but no less beautiful. It was obvious that she was a relative of some kind.

"Two or three fingers? Ford said to the woman. "I'm the ex-husband, by the way."

"Alyssa... Lyss. I'm the younger sister. And three fingers works for me," she said.

Ford took a quick look at the woman's left hand. She noticed that he looked, held up her hand and wiggled her splayed fingers

"Cheeky and she knows good scotch. Hmm. Potential there," Ford said to no one in particular as he headed for the glasses.

He came back with a glass of scotch for each of them.

"I need to go check in with our hostesses. Don't disappear," he said.

"How about I stick close?" she asked.

"Capital idea," he said.

Lyss and Ford did stick close the whole day. That didn't escape anybody, and Candy finally pointed out to her father that it was a little creepy that he was hitting on the sister of his ex-wife's partner.

"She's got one. Why can't I have one?" Ford said earnestly, getting several snickers from those near the conversation.

"Don't you dare screw this up for me," Traci said to Ford with a big smile on her face. "Remember, this could save you a bunch in alimony."

Even the kids smiled at that, although several of the other family members in attendance blanched a bit at that comment.

"It's okay, everybody. We play rough around here," Traci announced.

Ford noticed whispering throughout the day between Traci, and Lyss, and Sarah and Lyss. He wasn't sure if that was a good thing or not.

"Do you get the feeling it's like the three of them are in the fifth grade again, and you've got cooties or something," Braxton said to his father at one point. "She is a beautiful woman, Dad. But seriously, don't screw this up for Mom."

"I get it, Brax," Ford said.

Ford volunteered to take Lyss back to her hotel as the evening was ending. Lyss accepted, but the pair never made it back to the hotel that night. It was noon when they showed up at the hotel, and that was only to retrieve Lyss' suitcase and take it to Ford's apartment. When the pair wasn't with the family at Traci and Sarah's house, they were together at Ford's apartment -- more precisely, in Ford's bed.

Ford found out that Lyss had been married and divorced twice before. Both marriages ended when Lyss found out that her spouse was cheating. She and husband number one had a son who was now 24 and married.

"Obviously I am not a good judge of character, and because of that I have trust issues," she admitted.