Gigi and Frenchie

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

All four were planning on being career soldiers up until this point - but 3 did not re-up again. Only Jason did. Jack and John went back home to St. Louis and Frenchie went home to Mobile, AL.

Chapter 2 -

9 Years later

Frenchie:

I was pretty much back to feeling normal and had had a pretty good 5 years now. The first couple of years after Miriam were really rough for me. In just a couple of months after that darkest of Sundays I was totally healed physically, and I thought maybe mentally when Jack Carter told me what happened to Haran. Some justice served but it wouldn't bring Miriam back.

I started drinking and partying again. I had always been a pretty heavy weekend drinker since my college days at Alabama, but always before it was a social party drinking kind of thing. But for those first two years after...well, I was drinking pretty much every day I could get my hands on any alcohol at all.

And when we first got back to the states I was both drinking every night and hooking up with and fucking anything I possibly could - young (well at least 18) or old, pretty or maybe not so pretty, single or married. I just didn't care. All they had to do was show me they were willing and I was more than willing myself - after a few drinks at any rate. I still had my size and strength and animal physical attractiveness, plus my charm and (faux now) sincerity. I was generally successful any night I didn't just get falling down drunk - and sometimes even those nights.

But I quickly learned not to try and actually sleep with any of these women. I scared too many by waking them up with my own thrashing and moaning nightmares. And when my nightmares or the women themselves woke me up - I only wanted to be alone from then on. A few tried to hold me and comfort me, ones who thought there might be a chance for an actual relationship with me. But I wasn't interested in that. It was a pretty bad 2 years, then it slowly got better. I even started cutting back on my drinking.

My Priest helped a little. The Mobile PD counselor I had access to and finally saw also helped a little more. Mostly my friends and family back home in Mobile helped me a bunch - especially just being around happy kids. But I still had my demons, and I probably wouldn't even have done what I did to Jenny's bastard ex-husband if not for those memories of Miriam and what had happened to her right in front of me while I was helpless to intervene and stop it.

And now after a pretty good 5 years I was back to my old fun-loving and no worries "let the good times roll!" self. At least outwardly. But I wasn't like I had been, inside, before Miriam. I knew that and had learned to just live with it. Older is not necessarily wiser, sometimes it's just sadder.

And then she walked into my life - Gigi. She was a distant relative of one of Jenny's best friends who wasn't actually related to us by blood. She had moved to Mobile from some small town in Louisiana just for a change, herself. She was strikingly beautiful in her own unique way, and yet as soon as I saw her she reminded me of my lost love.

And then the more I talked to her the more striking the resemblance was. Like Miriam at first, Gigi was very standoffish and reserved. My best efforts to engage her elicited only polite responses. And yet she WAS always polite and just nice. Like she wasn't trying to actually reject me or shoot me down. Just maybe not interested in anything but a very casual acquaintance type interaction. She was only 20 years old herself - just the same age as Miriam...

Shy because of youth and inexperience - almost exactly how "she" had once acted. And then the more I tried to be around her - which wasn't much at first - the more I wanted to be around her.

One day I realized it had been two months since I first met Gigi, and I had not hooked up with anyone else and only been out drinking just a few times with guys from work, and actually came home early each time. And the thing I was always now most looking forward to was the next time I might glimpse her. Had I suddenly regressed to my 13 year old self? I laughed at myself and it was just a good feeling I had not felt for 9 years.

The next time I saw her was at one of the monthly family parties - this one at my Uncle Jeffry's house with Aunt Helena managing all the food and refreshments with the normal ton of helping hands including my sister Jenny and cousin Carla. Such a beautiful young woman as Gigi should have had all kinds of guys hanging around her, and many did approach her but none stayed around long. And she wasn't even dancing. I was determined to get her laughing and then dancing - or maybe die trying. I would force her to interact - one way or another. If she finally DID shoot me totally down I would be unhappy but could live with it and move past it. Maybe.

"Hello ,Cher. How doing you?" I asked with my best smile.

Her lips twitched. Almost a grin and I smiled even broader.

"Hello Frenchie." She replied while exaggerating my practically useless nickname in this crowd.

"Aren't you a little old to be trying to flirt with me?" She added. I was almost speechless. This was by far the most actual - maybe - flirty kind of response I had gotten from her to date.

"Maybe, Cher - or maybe I'm not quite as old as you think I am?"

"I'm thinking you're way too old to keep up with me on the dance floor, Grandpa," she smiled back but was actually blushing.

"Oh, Mama - a little challenge? I'll bet I can dance your shoes off, darlin'. Tonight and every night," I replied so confidently.

"We'll just see, Gramps. But I'm supposed to sing a bit, first, so don't you run away now."

Gigi could sing? She had just a lovely speaking voice, the little I had heard her say in the past. Tonight was almost literally the most I had ever heard her say at one time. Generally it was almost one word responses. Like she was painfully shy. A bit of a mystery for such a truly beautiful young woman.

It was already just past 7PM. I had been here since 1PM and was nervously waiting - for Gigi - but she hadn't showed up till almost 6PM and had her own late and light supper then.

Now the band was in full zydeco swing mode and the dancefloor was in that transition period between the kids and very young teens dancing and the older and serious dancers - basically everyone else!

The band finished a song and their leader said, "We have a real treat for you all tonight - a fresh voice you probably haven't heard before. It's the voice of an angel and belongs to our kin and good friend from Vermilion Parish, Louisiana - Gigi Landry."

And Gigi walked up and behind a microphone on a stand.

They immediately started in on a ballad that was just beautiful.

And I was just spellbound and just stood there with my mouth pretty much open. For a young woman who never said very much at all, she DID have the voice of an angel and didn't seem shy at all when singing in front of about 150 people. Sure we all were friends and family and pretty much knew one another, but Gigi didn't. Not really, not yet.

This girl was pretty darn deep, I thought. I should have pursued that thought much more.

Instead I just kept making assumptions. Assumptions right on through my own desperate courtship of her. We had finally got around to the kissing and light petting stage but that was all when my own frustrations became too much. It was all the mixed signals. The little bit of progress I thought we were both making towards a true deep relationship and even love and her sudden withdrawal and then my own reaction to that. This was unlike any other woman I had ever known, and even more strange than Miriam who had been raised in a really different culture - Arabic and Islamic Iraq.

Finally at my wit's end and almost impulsively I just came out and flatly asked her to marry me after only 4 months of this - whatever "this" - was. It wasn't some big romantic production I tried because I was almost certain she would just refuse, and then once again I could move on. The same plan I had entertained just 4 months previously at that monthly party at Jeffrey's.

I assumed she would say no, but she looked me right in the eyes with the most poignant longing look I have ever seen in another human being and quietly whispered "Yes, mon Cherie. Yes. Yes. I hope I can make you happy..." and I kissed her and felt the most passionate response I had ever felt not just from her, but any woman, ever, and at the same time felt her tears running down her cheeks and mingling with my own. Tears I only assumed were those of great joy. As mine were, mostly - but a part of my tears was also finally relinquishing the last bit of my demons that surrounded Miriam. Why did I never think Gigi might have had some own demons in her past?

I kept making assumptions right up until the cumulative weight of them all rolled over me like a truck - as my beloved Gigi walked right out of my life.

Our year of married life started great and just kept getting better. Because of her shyness I figured our sex life might be a tad slow in developing and I determined to take my time with Gigi, whatever it took. Surprisingly, she was still a virgin and I took care of that on our wedding night. Even more surprisingly, she took to sex with great enthusiasm and vigor immediately - from that very first time. So much for taking it slow!

Sometimes I did feel more like a grandpa around her in this one regard - but she was never actually insatiable. She always had a quick fuse and often came multiple times during our lovemaking. But when I came she settled right down with me and just purred contentedly and was soon asleep - and if I wanted more she was just as enthusiastic as before. She never said "no" - and I mean NEVER.

She started talking about our children almost from day one and we never used birth control. We were both Catholic, of course, but that wasn't it. She just wanted kids and I did too. But she didn't get pregnant right away and neither of us worried about it. She was only 21 now and I was a young 34 - there was plenty of time and we were both rolling in these good times.

Then my old boss and best friend from my Army days, John Thornton, came down to Mobile to escape his own new troubles and demons. We never talked about Miriam or Haran of course, nor much about our ill fated Iraqi days. I was shocked and saddened most how Jack Carter turned out. I just couldn't fathom how he would have turned on John like that - but we didn't waste much time talking about him now.

Then things got a little serious and some bad luck hit our SWAT unit as Karen Rigby was shot during the Butler Law Office robbery. And John and I became VERY busy trying to find the bastards that had shot up Karen and killed the rookie Mobile PD Patrolman - Jim Bast.

Gigi seemed nervous and a little unsure of herself during these days. Her personality had seemed to blossom during our year of marriage and she seemed so much more outgoing and confident in herself. Her singing and broader integration into our whole Cajun community around Mobile was part of that - as well as our marriage and my love for her, I sure hoped!

But with her increased confidence appeared a certain temper and occasional expression of frustration. This didn't bother me. I was happy as I viewed her merely growing in this way.

The night John called the "emergency" training session in Mobile Bay kind of flew all over her, though. "Dammit, Benji, you aren't hardly ever here no more - and I want - I need to have some fun! You knew we were all supposed to go out tonight - Jenny and Carla and my sister and their dates! Damn that John!"

"Ah, honey, don' blame John. There's a little bit more goin' on than just a drill tonight. It's important but I know that don' change how it feel you. I'll make it up to you real soon, I promise - and you go ahead and go on out with 'em all tonight anyway. Ok, hon? Please have a good time."

I didn't think anything about it then. Later I found out her sister Francie's date had also cancelled, and Francie and Gigi ended up just going out together and down to the downtown Marriott Hotel lounge to hear some music that wasn't just all zydeco. That was Francie's story. In fact this wasn't the first time they had done that. And they were meeting some people there they both already knew pretty well.

Gigi got home after I did and had obviously been drinking. I was real tired but she wasn't and we had a pretty good lovemaking session she initiated. She came hard and fast and then so did I and I almost thought I heard her sniffling a little as I practically passed out.

She let me sleep later than normal the next morning and was already gone when I woke up.

She had left me a note just saying "got some important shopping for Francie she needs me to help her with today. Be back about 2. Love, your Cher" and a heart symbol.

Of course at 1:30 I got that call from John calling the whole Tactical Response Unit - SWAT - team together for a possible raid on the robbery crew that shot Karen and Jim.

It was a righteous raid based on a real good "tip" - in fact John's plan last night had worked almost perfectly. The thing about our raid that WASN'T perfect was that damn 5.7x28mm P90 slug that ripped into my lower guts. It didn't hurt too bad and I wasn't ever all that worried about it, personally.

I was more afraid of what Gigi's reaction would be. It was "good news, bad news" - I'd be home a lot more the next month or two, but I wouldn't be doing much partying or love making for most of that time. Fate is so fickle and cruel sometimes.

Surgery went OK. I wasn't exactly awake kibbutzing the whole thing. When I finally started waking back up I naturally asked for Gigi. She soon came in and had been crying.

"Ah, Cher - don't cry. I'm fine. Well I WILL be perfectly fine in just a month or two." My poor bride looked a mess.

She was sniffling and almost stuttering as she was trying to tell me something but couldn't get it out. I saw one of the nurses looking at her and she kind of shook her head a little bit. Gigi saw that and finally relaxed and just said, "I love you Benji. And I always will. Please just remember that..." as she grabbed my hand and hung her head while silently crying.

It did hit me how very stressful and difficult this must be for my young bride. I had been in dangerous situations so many times already I never really thought about it any more. Sure I got "jacked" before going into any possible combat type situations and just shook a bit when it was over and I was coming down from the adrenaline filled stress - but worry or fear just wasn't part of the equation for me. Those who have to just "wait" though, just might have it much worse. I was very sorry for what I had put her through and even a bit ashamed for getting shot. Crap, that shouldn't have happened!

"Gigi, Cher - please don't cry. Really it's OK. I feel fine and not even any pain now and I'll sleep through the night. As soon as I am in my room and asleep you go on home and take care yourself. Please?"

The nurse spoke up then, "Uh, he's right, hon - except he's where he's going to be all night right here. It's an ICU bed and just a precaution for tonight. He's not critical or anything. He just had to wake up from the anesthesia before we could allow him to go back to sleep. Which is what he needs right now. I'll be right outside here if you need anything."

Soon I was sleeping deeply and with a smile on his face. Gigi's beautiful face was the last thing he saw before going to sleep. And her loving hand the last thing he felt.

Chapter 3 -

Gigi.

I looked down at my love and felt as sad as I ever had in my troubled young life, Benji had just done so much for me and helped me heal and grow more than he would probably ever know.

But it was all that good that came from him to me that might cause him a little more pain right now.

But I kept telling myself that he would soon get over me, most probably. I hoped he didn't, but I realized he might - when I left him and moved to Hollywood. I didn't know all about his past - but I thought I knew enough - that he had once been an almost insatiable ladies' man and probably slept with hundreds of women - and still could whenever he wanted to. I had only slept with my Benji and I could be satisfied with his love alone - if I could be sure of his own steadfast love for me. But it was so much else I was missing and wanting now, just some life experiences away from "Cajun country" - and I was under a spell woven by a remarkable man.

A man even more remarkable than Benji and more impressive in some ways.

I know Jenny didn't believe me when I told her that I was at a "movie audition" yesterday when they were so desperately trying to notify me Benji had been shot - but it really WAS true. Well, in a way.

Francie and I had met the movie pre-production crew about 3 weeks ago. The actual lead actor - Ryan Rickards - was with them trying to soak up some ambience and even dialect while scouting additional possible locations. The main shoot was going to be around New Orleans.

It was going to be a remake of "The Big Easy" with Ryan playing the lead formerly played by Dennis Quaid as a Cajun Lt. Detective Remy McSwain.

Francie and I had walked into the Marriott Hotel Lounge for the second time. It was just a chance for us both to relax and let our hair down a tad away from everyone else. Francie was two years older than I and had never been married. She was 14 years old when our Dad got killed hunting alligators. I was just 12. Our mother and the whole family was really devastated - but it was maybe worst for me.

Then 3 years later when I was 15 I was almost gang raped by 4 thugs in my public High School. They were illegal immigrants from Guatemala and MS-13 wantabees. The football coach and couple of his star players interfered and saved me. I was struggling as hard as I could against them until one pulled a knife and put it to my throat. Then I froze and one had pulled my jeans off and was reaching for my panties when coach appeared and stopped it.

The kid with the knife yelled "Get him" and they all went after coach - but they didn't see the star QB and his best friend a linebacker/fullback two way player standing right behind coach. It was a slaughter - of the punks. Coach broke the knife wielder's arm in self-defense but got in trouble for that when it became a Hispanic activist cause. Coach lost his job, but the Catholic HS in the same Parrish hired him and several of his stars followed him, including some of his best Hispanic players who WEREN'T punks. A lot of folks in the community donated money helping the poorer kids afford the private tuition charges. The Catholic HS owned the public one football-wise for many years following that. The coach was real good as a coach as well as just a good man.

But I was pulled out of school by my Mom and her new husband - my step dad. He was a nice guy and treated us all very well - but he still wasn't "Daddy" and he wisely never tried to be. I was supposed to be home schooled then but really wasn't, and no one ever really checked on me. Maybe they were rightly embarrassed. Anyway all this together was the major reason I was so inexperienced and shy around boys and then men. I never really had a chance to mature through experience - and mostly males were just threats or disappointments. I mean intellectually I KNEW Daddy didn't want to get eaten by an alligator and leave me on purpose, but emotionally the feeling of abandonment was there.

My Benji saved me and fixed me in just so many ways - but I never should have married him because emotionally I was still at about a 12 year old girl's stage when I met him. A girl who just wanted her Daddy and his love for her, back. And now I was suddenly MUCH older but just felt like I had missed so much and needed to experience so much more of the world. Benji had already seen and done so much - traveled throughout the USA and even Europe around his Iraqi deployments. Plus all those other women he had been with.