Gladiators

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Gods, it's like you're drunk," Felix said. "Why do you hate me? Tell me or I won't let you finish."

"What?" he said, outrage showing clearly on his face. "You're not doing me any favor, you know."

"Okay, then just get away from me."

"Are you serious?"

"I am serious. Tell me."

And the truth burned in his throat. He felt humiliated, but at the same time, he wanted to tell the truth.

"You killed a friend of mine. In the arena."

He almost started crying right there in front of him. He would rather die, so he pushed the hands away from his face and sucked his cock. He wasn't interrupted again. After he ate his seed, he got away from that cursed man and tried to pretend he didn't exist.

Right at that moment, two guards approached their cell. They only opened the iron bars and said what they always said.

"Julian is requesting you, gladiator."

Tul glanced at Felix, his face was somber and tormented, but he hid it quickly again. He had only a moment to stare at Tul, then, he walked away. Tul could only watch.

He didn't know how to feel.

Felix didn't come back that night nor the next morning. Tul waited for two days and he wasn't allowed to leave. And by the third night, he was almost sure that Felix wouldn't come back.

Maybe he had decided to kill Julian after all and had been killed for it. He knew that they probably would save him for the arena no matter what happened, but the bad feeling clung to him like a leech.

It was then that Felix returned. It seemed like nothing had happened, no time at all had passed, when the guards hauled him inside the cell and he stepped towards his bed. Tul just sat and stared, not knowing exactly what reaction would be the right one.

"What happened?" Tul asked when the silence was too unbearable.

Felix shrugged. He didn't say anything inappropriate or irritating, which was the first sign that something was bothering him.

"He took his damn time," the other gladiator said.

"What does he do to you?" Tul said. He wasn't sure he wanted to know, but on the other hand, his morbid curiosity pushed any other worries aside.

"The usual." He breathed deeply. Then he looked at Tul with those damn green eyes and smiled knowingly. "Did you worry about me?"

"I wasn't excited to fight against two by myself."

"Which is not a denial," he said, triumphantly. "Do not worry, big guy. Julian's bites are not meant to harm me. He's very gentle, I'll have you know. He even says he loves me and wishes for my success. I've been his private whore for quite a while now. It's not unusual for me to spend a few nights with him."

"I thought you hated him."

Felix glared at him.

"Of course I do. Do you think I enjoy it? But best he thinks I love him back... Best he thinks that."

Again he heard the looming threat in his voice.

"So you have it better than all of us. You get to leave this place more often, all you have to do is suck Julian's cock. And you want to kill him for it?"

Tul couldn't believe that he had felt sympathy for the man. He had let time and company cloud his judgment. This man had humiliated and killed his best friend, had rejoiced in it, and Tul watched every second of it. Why did he allow himself to feel for him? No more. Felix proved again to be just an arrogant prick who happened to know how to swing a sword and had the bad luck of being captured. Tul hated him.

"Should I be thankful?" Felix asked, with a voice so serious that seemed not his own. "Should I think that life is so generous because a fat slaver is enamored with me? I haven't forgotten who I am. I am not a slave. Everything I do, I do it for myself. Do you know why I keep going? I keep pretending? I keep waiting for my chance for vengeance? Because I hate every second of this life. I hate the stupid mayor, his bitch of a wife and the grotesque Julian. I hate the people who cheer for the fights. And if you enjoy this life. I hate you too."

Felix stood up and walked to the bars of the cell, his back to Tul. His fingers wrapped around the iron and seemed to squeeze hard enough that his fingers got purple.

"I keep waiting to die every time," he said. His voice was strained now. Tul could only stare. He had lost the ability to speak. "I will never give up. If I killed Julian, I would be giving up on life. I can't do it. But if I die fighting for my life, then it will be a good death. I'm not a slave, but I am a warrior."

They didn't exchange a single word for the rest of the night. They laid each on their bed in complete silence and darkness. But the words still rung loud in Tul's ears. He felt a deep shame. He didn't know exactly why.

"Are you awake?" he asked.

"Yes," Felix said. Then after a while, "why?"

"Do you remember..."

The words stuck on his throat and he couldn't let them go. It was like something clawed inside his brain, telling him that he shouldn't say anything. But he wanted to say them. He wanted to let the other man know.

"What? Remember what?" Felix said, his interest rising.

Tul let out a long breath, and he closed his eyes shut just for the sensation of it.

"You won't remember him. A year ago, you killed a man named Marcus. I watched him fall by your sword. He couldn't hide the pain anymore when he was on the ground. You could've just ended for him swiftly, but you laughed and mocked him." Tul's voice almost cracked. He let out a breath and was surprised to find so much relief. "I wanted to fight you since that day, but they never allowed me to. I killed everyone, trying to find my way to you. So I could humiliate you the way you did to him."

"You found it," he said, after a few minutes.

"Yes, I found it."

"I took no joy out of it, I promise you. As for your vengeance... It's a righteous one."

"But we will fight the other two first," Tul said. "Then we'll have our fight."

After that, there was nothing else to be said. The only thing left to do amidst the darkness was to try to sleep. Tul felt less heavy now, and his consciousness drifted away smoothly.

When Tul woke up, he looked at his partner and smiled when he saw the drool trailing down his cheek. Felix woke up not long after.

Tul knew what was on his mind the minute their eyes met.

"Come here," he said. He was still laid down on his back, his face turned slightly towards Tull. "Let's enjoy the time we have before the end."

Tul had never been more tempted in his entire life. His back started to sweat, his heart to race. And he avoided Felix's eyes just for a moment. His cock was already fully hard, like hot iron between his legs.

Then he sat down, and a few seconds later, he got up and went to him. He removed his trousers and watched his cock go to both sides as he walked. Felix was watching as well. He didn't get up and waited with godly patience. He stared up at Tul only when he was exactly on top of him, looking down. And his lips brushed Tul's hardness.

Then, his head turned slightly to the side, to face Tul's cock directly, and let it slide slowly and straight inside those full lips. His mouth was a warm gift, and Tul just had to groan as if it was torture from heaven.

Tul expected the man to be rougher, but he treated his cock as if it was a delicate thing, slowly using his lips around the shaft and pushing it down his throat, the hardness pushing his tender flesh like a crude invader.

He needed to warn Felix, to make him stop and allow Tul a little breath. He was getting out of control, but his mouth didn't move if not to moan. And with the cock deep down inside his mouth, he let go and filled him with his seed. It surprised Felix, he started to cough, and Tul removed himself, completely mortified.

"I'm sorry," he said. "I'm so sorry."

The other man started to laugh.

"A bit of warning would do," he said. Tul's cheeks were still hot, but Felix's good nature helped him feel less ashamed. Felix opened his mouth and put out his tongue. There was nothing inside, and he hadn't spit out. "You taste good, big man."

Tul cooled down, covered his body again, went back to his own space and sat down on his bed. He was still to caught his breath, though. He stared at the gladiator, still lying down as if nothing had happened. Tul didn't know if he should thank him or not.

"You're pretty good," Tul said finally.

"You want it again, just come here."

The way he said it made Tul flush. They were to spend a few more days together before the duos had to fight, and then they would be separated again probably. Tul would not pretend he didn't enjoy what had just happened. And he was already thinking about the next time.

On the same day, he decided that he should also give back what was given to him. So he knelt beside the other man's body and let his thick cock fuck his throat. His way of doing it was much rougher, like what he expected from the other man, but he guessed their ways were different, and Felix did not complain, as he grabbed Tul's hair with a firm hand and guided the head towards his groin. He gave the warning, and his mouth was filled with his loads. And he let it go down his throat with much pleasure.

After it was over, they just tried to decide when it would be okay to do it all over again.

The days went by, and Tul lost himself in the embrace of that man. He came to know every inch of him, every part of his skin, his smell was lodged on him, and they talked. He knew that it was a mistake. But he also came to enjoy his voice. Funny how before he hated the sound, but now it was comforting.

When they laid together, their legs would entangle, their hands grabbing each other's butts, their mouths kissing for long minutes.

I will kill him, Tul thought to himself. But first, I'll love him.

Then came the day of the first fight. Tul could swear he could listen to the drums outside, the gathered crowd. The whole morning was spent with the two gladiators going through the care routine, to be presentable for the important guests of the nobles and then they would get all dirty with blood for their amusement.

His heart jumped inside his chest. He didn't want to lose. He looked at his partner, all geared up with the leather armor that covered his whole front, but left the sides revealed. Felix winked at him and it surprisingly calmed him down.

They walked side by side, accompanied by guards on their flanks, who pushed them at the last second and closed the exit of the arena. The crowd roared as the door opened ahead and his heart acted a little hasty like it always did at those moments. It was full. His steps led him to sand and sun, and the insanity of the lust for blood from the people.

Cicerus and Marcellus entered the arena at the same time. They used the same kind of clothes and carried their swords. Tul knew this would be the hardest fight since he began in this life. He felt excited. The man beside him had a sword and a smile, and now he understood that smile, what it meant, and Tul smiled as well.

They all stopped, even the crowd, and waited in silence. The mayor raised himself and gave his usual speech, about how the fights brought glory to the empire, and how we all served a greater purpose. He finished with a nod to the senator and told to sound the trumpets.

The sound was engulfed by yet another, the crowd came alive again as the four gladiators ran for each other. Felix chose the one on the right, Marcellus. So Tul went after Cicerus.

Cicerus knelt suddenly before the clash and swirled around, bringing the sword on his legs. The fight was almost already over if he hadn't known he would go for that. He jumped and brought his sword down, brushing against his thighs, but drawing blood all the same. But Cicerus was quick and turned on the sand, getting away. He was a winner. But he forgot that Tul was too.

He had to wait for a good opportunity, let the other man feel like he could finish it fast, maybe he could leave him without a weapon. His ears were almost deafened by the crowd, but he could still hear his heart. Cicerus fell on an offensive stance, and Tul was ready for the blow, he blocked the sword and then brought his down on the base, trying to make him drop it. It didn't work, and he saw the man smile. Maybe he wouldn't be able to take his weapon after all.

They danced, Tul blocking more than attacking, sweat raining down from his body. The sun was not a friend to any of them. He could hear the crowd cheering and the sound of steel on steel. Felix wasn't finished yet. Somehow he was sure Felix was gonna win. He wondered now if he could beat Cicerus.

No. He couldn't allow doubt to ruin everything. He pushed thoughts aside and concentrated. But every time he tried to come closer, the man would twirl and twist on the ground or the air and get away, his sword was a deadly wall that was surprisingly effective.

Suddenly, in a sweeping blow, his legs were off the ground and his body crashed on the sand. Cicerus screamed and loomed over him, his sword now a certain death.

"Tul!" A shadow jumped over him, covering the sun for a moment. The enemy weapon never reached its destination. Instead, the bearer fell back against the pressing blows of Felix. His body gleamed, red and wet. Burning hot. Tul's breath caught in his throat just by looking at the man. He seemed like a force of nature. Unstoppable. He managed to look back and saw the body sprawled on the ground, dead. Felix had taken care of Marcellus.

He felt useless and stood up, his weak legs obeying but barely. When he looked at the two men fighting, he realized that Cicerus was on the ground, his sword far away, and another deep inside his chest. Felix had done it.

Felix stepped away from the body and looked at Tul.

"Are you okay?" he asked numbly.

"Yes. I'm okay."

He nodded. We stared at the bloody ground, the noise of the crowd so loud that it seemed like complete silence to them. Then they were being carried back to the castle. The shower routine went by like lightning and they were rushed back to the same cell.

Now they would have to kill each other.

As Tul laid on the ground, thinking back on the fight, he couldn't seem to say anything to the other man. He knew that sooner or later someone would come to separate them. Felix had saved his life. But he didn't thank him. Felix didn't speak either.

Nobody came to separate them. The surprised shocked them both, even if they didn't say it. When the lights were out, the silence bothered too much to be ignored.

"I can't sleep," Felix said. "I keep waiting for one of those tremors to start again."

"Are you afraid of them?"

He took a while to answer.

"I think I am. It feels like everything is going to explode."

Tul felt something building up in his chest. It burned all the way up through his throat.

"You should've let Cicerus kill me," he said.

It surprised him how fast Felix answered.

"I know." Tul's heart seemed heavy and exploding in his chest, like the tremors that shook the ground. "I should've let him kill you because I don't know if I can do it."

"You can. The way you fight. You're the best, Felix."

Felix laughed.

"That's not what I mean. At all."

Tul didn't press it. He was too afraid.

"Why do you think they didn't separate us?" Tul asked.

"I don't know. But they must have something foul in mind. They always have. This might be our last night together."

The invitation was clear. Tul was the one who came closer, he sat down and laid beside Felix on his bed. Felix wrapped their bodies tightly. His strength and smell seemed to work together to hold Tull. They shared a slow kiss that lasted minutes and felt like seconds.

It was weird how the same feral man who killed in the arena acted so sweetly when lost in an embrace. It almost drove Tul mad when he felt Felix's erection slowly grow as he pressed himself on his leg. The clear sign of his desire. Of their desire.

"Most of the time I want to protect you," Felix said. "But in moments like these, I hold myself to not ravage you."

Then his hand reached forth and pressed threateningly against Tul's asshole.

Their lips brushed and they kissed again, slowly, then, uncontrollably. Tul wanted to see his face, but it was too dark. He wanted to touch him everywhere and never let him go.

"Thank you," he whispered in Felix's ears.

He grabbed the hard cock and felt the length, created the image of the hard veins in his head. It bulged and pulsed. Then he put it in his mouth and tasted the salty seed that escaped slowly from it. Felix caressed his head, pressing gently for his cock to go deeper into his throat.

It was in the middle of the night, long after they had released themselves and slept together, glued on each other, that the guards woke them.

"Both of you, get up and turn around."

"What's going on?" Tul asked.

"Get up and turn around." The guard was neutral and patient, but he wouldn't explain anything. Tul realized they weren't the normal guards and insecurity filled him. But Felix and Tul got up, and he was sure that both of them were thinking the same thing. They were going to separate them.

Another guard locked their wrists with iron chains, and they were dragged out of the cell and through the dark corridors of the castle. His heart seemed to beat faster and faster as he grew more confused. They were led outside of the castle. Servants looked at them as they went by. What was going on?

They passed through the stables and the back gardens, the sky was full of stars except were a strip of blackness covered them. Like smoke. Tul looked at Felix, who seemed to be even more confused.

And close to the west gate of the castle, a caravan waited. There were more guards and many horses. A carriage was set in the middle as if it carried the most important person there. Torches allowed Tul to see the senator himself come out of it.

The Senator approached them followed by four men. He stopped a few steps ahead and stared at them, studying.

Felix lowered his head and Tul followed suit. Then they waited.

"Unfortunately," the Senator said, "I won't be able to attend the grand final battle that the lord of Pompeii was arranging for me. You two seemed to be very fine fighters.

"But I'm a busy man. And Pompeii smells worse than ape shit. Besides, I don't very much enjoy waking up at night to the very earth threatening to explode beneath my feet.

"I also am a collector of good fighters. And it seemed terribly wasteful that two such men as yourself would be wasted in this arena. Not even the Coliseum itself deserves that. I'm offering you a chance to fight for me. It's your choice, though."

Tul only stared in disbelief. Felix was smarter than that.

"We accept. Sir. Senator, sir."

"Very well then. As we get to know each other, I'll allow those cuffs to be taken off. But for now, let's move on. You will get horses and follow the caravan. Let us be on our way."

The senator turned around and that was that. The guards led us to two horses that were hoped to another carriage, and we traveled slowly through the streets of Pompeii, the night sky seemed more beautiful with each passing second. When they left the city behind, Felix looked at Tul and his eyes seemed to shine in the moonlight.

They traveled through the whole night, and when the morning came, they seemed to be far away from Pompeii already.

"I just wished I had the chance of killing Julian before we left."

Tul smiled.

Then they heard a big sound like thunder that came from back and below, but they were far away now. However, Pompeii and the great Vesuvius could be seen still.

An explosion scared every single man from the caravan, and they all looked behind, trying to catch the nightmare that caused it. The first thing they saw was a wall of smoke going up to the sky, it formed fingers like a hand and tried to reach the stars. Tul stared open-mouthed. The mountain was breathing fire, and it was throwing fireballs to all sides, as the gigantic smoke wall loomed more and more towards the city of Pompeii.