Goes Without Saying Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're right Dad," he said with a smile. Pause. "Again!" and both men laughed out loud.

So Saturday found him and his little ones in a different crowded house in Wales. David wondered at the ease with which Evan and Bethan settled with their alternate Grandparents, and how confidently Siân assumed her guardianship rôle over her Godson and his sister.

On Monday Siân joined him in the bedroom while he was packing, having taken on the children's packing herself.

"Dai, bach," she ventured. "How d'you feel about me coming with you? I can help you get everything ready for New Year and Mam and Da's arrival."

David was surprised, but immediately saw the benefits!

"Wonderful idea!" he said. "You'll be a Godsend."

"That's settled then," she said with a lovely smile. She impulsively kissed his lips and was leaving the room when he called after her.

"You'll need to pack, I'm going in a minute or two,"

She gave him a cheeky smile. "Already done. My bag's in your car!" and she giggled.

David sighed and tried to look exasperated, but couldn't help grinning. "OK," he said. "Can you put these bags in the car as well?"

"No problem!" she said, suiting the action to the words.

Siân proved a considerable asset on the journey back home, since the children were awake and needed entertaining while David drove the car. Once home she took charge of Bethan while David unpacked the car, Evan helping him. Then, having had a snack of cheese on toast, they made a shopping list and shopped for the coming week and weekend.

David was impressed as Siân organised the children, and fell easily into partnership with him doing the shopping, pushing the trolley with Bethan in the kiddie seat, while David kept an eye on Evan, who had been well trained by Celia and was well behaved.

He put Siân on the car insurance, having learned she had been driving for three years.

The Welsh parents duly arrived on Wednesday, New Year's Eve, at lunchtime, and his parents late afternoon. All their adult children were making their own arrangements. Both Grandmothers took over the meals, for which David was very grateful.

Siân's mother Bethan came to David in the kitchen while he was making after dinner tea and coffee for everyone.

"Dai Cariad," she said quietly. "Look you, your Mam and Dad and Bill and I get on very well, and we'll have a whale of a time tonight talking about old times. It'll be boring for you and Siân. Why don't you take her out for the evening? Surely you know places to go on New Year's Eve?"

David was taken aback. While he had been sent tickets for a party at his favourite club, he had not thought of using them. Taking Siân had never entered his head either. Suddenly the prospect was very enticing!

"Mam," he said, "That's a wonderful idea, but would Siân really want to go?"

"She'll jump at the chance, don't you worry. Ask her! And don't worry about the babbies, four grandparents should be able to manage." She laughed and left the kitchen.

A moment later Siân arrived. "Mam says you want me?" she said.

"She's had the bright idea that we'll be bored with the older folk, and suggested we go out to celebrate. I do happen to have tickets for my favourite club's party tonight. Would you be interested?"

David noticed the eager look that flashed across Siân's face, instantly banished. "Oh, really?" she said, affecting lack of interest.

So that's how you want to play it, is it? He thought, and called her bluff.

"It's OK," said David. "You don't need to bother; I'm going anyway. Enjoy your evening." He turned to take the drinks to the families, stifling a grin.

"Oh well, if you're going on your own, I suppose I could keep you company."

"No it's OK, I wouldn't want you to put yourself out." He passed her and joined the parents.

"David!" she called after him. He placed the tray, then turned and went back to her.

"Please, David, I'd love to go. I was pulling your chain," she said, with a begging look.

"So was I. An hour?" He grinned.

She scowled. "Fine."

David went back to the families and Siân ran upstairs to prepare herself.

"We can either go straight to the club or I could see if there are any friends at our local pub first, and go on to the club about ten or ten thirty. Which would you prefer?" David asked as they left the house.

"I'd like to meet some of your friends," she said, "and in any case, a couple of hours in a night club is more than enough for me."

David phoned Alex.

"I'm going to the pub tonight, you going?" he asked when Alex answered.

There was a pause. "Not tonight," he said. "Got a date in town, but I'm pretty sure Tony and Sally will be there, and I think Des said he'd be going, possibly Bill as well - he likes company on evenings like this."

"Fine," David said. "I'll be good to see them."

The couple walked to the pub, and would get a taxi to the club. They pushed through the door to find the place pretty full, but David spied their group in one corner. As they walked towards them he was entertained by the expressions on the various faces.

Sally saw them first and did a double-take at the sight of David with a pretty woman in tow who looked so like Gwen. She nudged Tony who looked and smiled broadly, waving at them. Desmond looked worried, which puzzled David, while Bill who had his back to them turned and then smiled knowingly. Ozzy was there as well, and looked uncomfortable. After all, David had not seen Ozzy since the fracas in that very pub. Perhaps he would be more circumspect this time, David thought.

"Hi, all!" David greeted the crowd, noting they were all fixated on Siân. "Can I introduce Siân Price, Gwen's sister? Her family are staying with me over New Year." He then went round the group, naming each for Siân, who grinned and greeted appropriately.

They were bought drinks and room was made for them to sit. There followed the usual conversations gaining further information and explaining how long the various members had known David, and some banter about him having such a pretty girlfriend, in which David noted Ozzy did not join, but looked uncomfortable.

It was some time into the evening when David noticed Desmond beginning to relax. He had been tense for about an hour.

"Hey Des," David joked, singling him out. "I note that Alex is once again missing. I phoned him earlier and he's apparently got a date tonight. I haven't seen him for ages, if it's the same girl it must be getting serious."

"Er... Yes," Des muttered.

Then Ozzy jumped in, this time thankfully not at David's expense, "but Alex said he was coming here tonight, Des. Change of plan?"

The discomfort in the group was palpable. Bill added his piece, "Perhaps he doesn't want us to meet her, eh, Des?"

Sally looked very uncomfortable. "More likely his woman doesn't like pubs," she offered. "They'll have gone straight to a club."

Ozzy made to speak but suddenly looked pained, and David surmised that someone had kicked him under the table.

Justin, Desmond's friend, proclaimed it was his round and who was drinking, and the release of tension was almost audible. By the time he'd returned and everyone had thanked him and taken the first sip, the conversation had moved on to Wales versus England Rugby, and the banter flowed freely.

At ten thirty, David phoned for a taxi.

"Well, folks," he said, "Siân and I have tickets for the Green Parrot to let the New Year in, so we'll take our leave of you all. So Happy New Year!"

The response was noticed by Siân but not by David. Most of the group wished them Happy New Year, but Sally and Des looked startled then worried. She noticed Sally busy phoning on her mobile as she and David made their exit.

In the back of the taxi Siân remarked, "Strange dynamic in that group. Some of them, like Des and Sally, knew more than they were saying. I think they know who the girlfriend is. I think the others were just puzzled. I remember Alex from the funeral. He was so good. He's your closest friend from way back?"

"Yes, he is, of all my friends, he was the one who would not give up on me, even when I was impossible to get on with. He organised Celia to turn up precisely when I couldn't go on any longer. He'd been keeping her from me until then, judging the exact time she would be successful in moving in and looking after me and the children."

"But you haven't seen him recently." It was a bald statement and he caught an undertow. He wondered where her thoughts were going. She did not elaborate.

David thought about that. "No," he said. "After Gwen's death, he'd come over some weekends since I couldn't get out, and we'd have a night in, but since Celia's been there, he's not been round. I mean, Saturdays are when he goes clubbing, picking up girls, so he's never in then. One Friday I invited him to come over for a night in with Celia and me, but he said he was meeting the gang at the pub, so I went as well. Another Friday when Celia was away on her night off, I tried, but he was out."

She looked thoughtful. "So he was never at home on Saturday nights, but on Friday nights he was in when Celia was at home with you, but you couldn't reach him on the Fridays she was off."

"Well, yes, if you put it like that."

"So when did you see him?"

"Not usually mid-week. I've recently had work to do after putting the kids to bed, that's CEO life for you! We did meet the gang at the pub once midweek."

The conversation was halted because they had arrived at the club. Then something happened which was the last thing David was expecting. It was only eleven, and as he opened the taxi door, out of the club came Alex - with Celia. They were hurrying away.

He shut the taxi door again. "Cabbie, there's someone there I don't want to meet, we'll pay waiting time."

"OK" came the reply, as he reset the meter.

"That's Alex, and with Celia!" exclaimed Siân.

"Yeah," David agreed. "Why are they leaving at eleven? On New Year's Eve? With hard to get tickets for the party? Surely they'd wait until..."

They watched the couple get into Alex's car.

"Driver!" said Siân, "I know this sounds corny, but can you 'follow that car'?" She giggled and the cabbie laughed.

"Sure thing, Miss," he said. "No one ever notices a black cab following them. When they get where they're going I'll keep well back."

"Siân?" David wondered. "What... Why...?"

"David, are you dense or something?" she reproved him. "Alex is never available on Celia's nights off. Everyone was edgy tonight and the little tubby guy said Alex was going to be at the pub tonight, and I'll bet he intended to do what we're doing - go the club later. Why didn't he turn up? Because on the phone you told him you were going to the pub but you didn't mention the club.

"Here they are leaving early. I'll bet you didn't notice that Sally was hurriedly phoning on her mobile as we left. You'd just told them where we were going."

"You mean Sally warned them we were coming?"

"At last! Yes, I reckon so. Otherwise why would they be running away now? Alex doesn't want you to know he's seeing Celia. Now, think David, if they go to his place, how will they see in the New Year?"

David was silenced.

"Yes," said Siân. "Better to know. Then we can talk."

Sure enough the pair went to Alex's house and drove into the drive. They left the car at a run, stopped while Alex opened the front door, kissed and moved rapidly inside. Ten seconds later the bedroom light went on and Celia could be seen letting her dress fall off her before Alex closed the curtains.

"Whereto now love?" asked the driver.

"I think we'll go back to the club, please," replied Siân. "I think my friend here needs a drink!"

David was stunned. It wasn't the fact that Alex and Celia were now, it seemed, lovers, but that both of them, who purported to be his friends, had kept it from him. Now Alex's 'unavailability' when Celia was having her time off had finally become clear. They were together. The secrecy amounted to a lie in his book and a betrayal. Then he realised why Alex would never come round when Celia was at home: they would betray their feelings for each other, by looks or obvious discomfort.

Thus he cogitated and ruminated, while Siân sat in silence beside him, until with a start he realised the taxi had stopped and it was time for him to pay. It was a very expensive taxi ride, but he tipped the cabbie handsomely and wished him a happy New Year.

Siân continued to keep her counsel while they effected entrance past the bouncer, found a table miraculously empty, and ordered their drinks. At this point, David realised that not a word had been spoken between them since they were spying on Alex and Celia at Alex's house.

"Siân I'm sorry," he said, shouting somewhat over the rather loud music, "I've been neglecting you."

"Don't worry," she shouted back. "It must have come as a shock. Are we dancing?"

"You bet, we're dancing!" he laughed, and leaving their drinks as a sign the table was in use, they took to the floor.

Wow, he thought, this girl can really move her body!

When the slower dances came round, she came into his arms and moulded herself to him, arms round his neck, and his hands resting on her bottom cheeks.

It wasn't just that she was pressed against him, but more the way she moved against him, so he felt the pull and push of her breasts across his chest, and the rubbing of her mound against his now rising cock. Her head was on his shoulder and he heard her "Ah, that's so nice!" and her sigh. He silently agreed, it really was 'so nice'.

They returned to the table and sat out a few, getting in another round of drinks. Before they knew it, it was nearly midnight and like everyone else, they took to the floor for the 'bongs' of Big Ben and the yelling of 'Happy New Year'. And the kissing. Oh yes, the kissing.

Siân lifted her face to his, her hands behind his head, and his round her waist. She pulled his head to hers and their lips met, and stayed met, she made sure of that, holding his face to hers. He felt her tongue pushing, and her mound grinding against him, so he opened up and they frenched each other avidly. They were interrupted by Auld Lang Syne, and then ambled arm in arm back to the table and another round of drinks, after which they both felt very happy.

More dancing in each other's arms, then she looked inquisitively into his eyes, and he inclined his head. Without any words they agreed it was time to go. David took his phone and phoned his mother, who obligingly came and collected them as she had arranged. Taxis were in short supply after midnight on that night.

"Did you have fun?" she asked as she drove them home, noting Siân cuddled up against her son, and smiling to herself.

"It was a wonderful evening," Siân told her. "Your son is a brilliant dancer. I had a whale of a time!"

David felt very peaceful. "It's been a long time since I went out dancing," he said. "Siân can really dance! Mind you with the loud music, you couldn't talk about much."

When they arrived at the house, David's mother went pointedly straight to bed, leaving them alone in the living room. Siân led him over to the sofa and sat down, pulling him with her.

"Thank you for a brilliant evening, Dai darling. "It's a long time since I've let go like that."

"My dear Sister-in-Law," said David with a quiet laugh, "That dancing - you can really move!"

"Got you going did I?" she giggled. "Anyway I know I did - I could feel you. Quite a turn on for a girl feeling how excited you were!"

"One last nightcap?" David asked her. "Whisky or a liqueur?"

"Cointreau over ice please," she replied. "You were very quiet on the way back to the club. Did it upset you, Celia and Alex?" she asked as he brought the drinks over to her.

"Yes, it did," he said miserably.

"You wanted Celia? You were with her for years, weren't you?"

"That's not it, sweetheart. Celia is a superb nanny to the kids, I have to trust her. Alex is my best and most trusted friend, or was."

She did not look convinced, but pushed, "You've put together Alex being unavailable when Celia was away?"

"You're very perceptive, my love, you got it long before I did. It's the deception. Why keep me in the dark? They're both free agents, they've every right to have a relationship."

"I suppose so."

He could tell she wanted to say more, but didn't. Instead, "Dai, I was thinking. When my folks go back tomorrow, shall I stay on a while - help with the children?"

His spirits rose. He was not looking forward to being alone with the children, possibly until Sunday, not that it would not be good to be with them, but after having so many people around him for over a week, the contrast would be striking.

"Oh Siân that would be great!" His evident relief brought a broad smile to Siân's face.

By unspoken agreement, having finished their drinks, they both stood and collected glasses of water from the kitchen. In the hallway, Siân put her glass on the hall table and turned to David.

"I've had a wonderful time, it's been fantastic!" she enthused. "Put your glass down."

He did so automatically without any thought, but soon found out the reason why she asked him. She took a step in towards him, arms round his neck, and lifted her face for a kiss. Again without any further thought he kissed her warm moist lips as she thrust her mound against his quiescent cock, which immediately began to rise.

The kiss was addictive, and he made no move to end it, while she tentatively opened her lips and offered her tongue. He opened to her and they explored each other's inner lips, then tongue-stroked each other.

Now David's cock was hard and pushing upward against his trousers and her body, and she moaned into his mouth, as she ground against him, to feel him the better. David was not doing much thinking at this point, being swept along on a tide of lust. His hands of their own accord fondled her tight trim bottom, stroking upward to graze the side of each breast. In her turn, her hands went to his taut buttocks and woman-handled them.

When they eventually pulled apart, David was completely confused and out of breath, finding her mouth smiling lovingly, while her eyes smouldered at him. She too was panting.

"Nos da, Cariad!" she said with a giggle. "Cysgu yn dda!"

He knew what she'd said. He'd heard it enough times at her home in Wales.

"You too my love," he said. "Good Night. Sleep well!"

She gave him another peck on his lips, took her glass and climbed to her bedroom, he following her up the stairs. He couldn't help admiring her pretty bottom, as it swayed step by step. At the head of the stairs, she glanced behind her, gave him another cheeky smile and went to her bedroom.

As he entered his own room, he felt exhilarated. Then he thought of Gwen, felt guilty, and wondered why. It certainly wasn't because he'd enjoyed himself, that sort of guilt was in the past.

As he took off his trousers and freed his still half-hard penis from his underpants, he knew why. He'd forgotten Gwen for most of the night while he kissed and lusted after her sister! It felt like incest.

Then he shrugged and sighed. He'd have to talk with her about that after the families had gone. Then another thought: he remembered Gwen now, and his guilt evaporated. Gwen probably approved if she existed somewhere and knew what Siân and he had been doing. They would still need to talk about it and the messages it may have given to Siân.

As he closed his eyes and began to drift into sleep, there was a fleeing thought of Celia being with Alex, but the memory of Siân intervened and he fell asleep before he could react, with a silly smile on his tipsy face.

-

Chapter 15

Next morning, New Year's Day 2009, the two families watched the Viennese concert and ate Christmas Cake and chocolate torte with whipped cream, along with Scottish Coffee (with whisky cream liqueur), after which David's parents made their departure, followed in the evening by the Welsh contingent. Siân's parents seemed very happy to leave her behind.