Golden Rook Ch. 16-24

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's always good to be prepared, cousin. The more you know, the more skills you possess, the greater the tasks you can accomplish. He wouldn't have sent you to me if he didn't see any benefit to my skills."

Her words made sense and the kindness she'd been showing him paired with the way she kept calling him cousin he felt as if he were indebted to her. He felt the need to offer a small confession. "I was told to protect you, to learn what I could of your methods..." Cyran glanced at her, "And your mission."

"I don't doubt it. You can watch me as closely as you like and I'll teach you what I can. But bear in mind-"

"Rook? What is this about you terrifying people upstairs and threatening to put down deadly wards in your room?" The Magpie came hurriedly out of a room with a towel draped around his hips, dripping water.

"I hate repeating myself." The flatly annoyed look on her face reminded him of Imos.

"There is a... family resemblance, Lady Rook." He smiled faintly as she sighed.

"That's one of Master Odos' faces." Kwes shook his head, "However much you hate repeating yourself you'll hate it worse if the city guard tries to storm the brothel to get to you. And they might if you terrify everyone here into the streets."

"Beast of Brosa had a certain ring to it, they'd probably start calling me the Witch of Withia if I had to do the same thing here."

Amtalia began saying something in elvish that sounded frantic and the towel-clad man in front of them turned to reassure her in the same tongue.

"Don't worry, my little magpie. I'll send her to wait outside the city." Odos came from behind them smiling and shaking his head. "Fly away little rook."

"Someone needs to-"

"I'll watch over your cousin. He's well behaved, the city guard won't interfere with him."

"And neither will the whores, old man. Magpie spent too long with elves-"

Odos held up his hand, "Neither will the whores. He'll remain safe and unbothered by anyone."

She looked as if she wanted to argue but instead folded her arms, "Get some rest, Cyran. Let me know if anyone slips past the old man or gives you any trouble, I'll come back and address it myself."

"Yes, Lady Rook." He couldn't help but smile. "I'll join you as soon as I have clothes."