Golden Years Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
R410a
R410a
2,963 Followers

We signed up to do the last two of the season, one in September the other in late October. We purchased a ten by ten pop-up canopy for which I built removeable sides, her carvings would go on shelves while my larger pieces would go toward the center allowing people an open pathway around the entire booth. She's diligently working on inventory every day, having completed over thirty pieces at this point with hopes of completing another twelve by the time we do the first show.. She recently did a carving of a Crappie in Cherry wood, a tree I'd cut myself, I glommed onto that one, it's mine.

I have several smaller pieces I plan to exhibit, mostly night-stands, end tables, and four foot tall wall mounted mirrors. The kicker on mine is they all have concealment compartments, hidden drawers, drop down panels, sides that open, mirrors that slide open exposing a cavity large enough to hold an AR15 as well as several hand guns, tops of night stands that slide forward concealing whatever. I keep a 38 special in the one on my side of the bed, she keeps a 45 in the one on her side of the bed, we're expecting a good reception and hopefully sell everything along with future orders.

The craft shows were a huge success, Patrice sold all but six pieces, I not only sold what inventory we had but received orders to last me into next year. I use mortise and tennon joints on all the more expensive pieces, Patrice had become proficient at cutting the tennons and using the mortiser, we've become working partners as well as life partners.

Our world changed just after the Christmas holidays, we were making love one early afternoon when I suddenly couldn't catch my breath, when I stopped and sat on the bed Patrice knew something was wrong and called the ambulance immediately. Turns out I was in the throes of congestive heart failure, after getting rid of the massive amount of liquid my body was holding, they informed me only part of my heart was working, they'd have to stop it and restart it. With that taken care of and my heart once again pumping completely it took me nearly a year to fully recover.

It's times like that when you take stock of your life and what's important, it also brings clarity to what you once took for granted and no longer can. Something as simple as an erection, men just expect it to happen, and it generally does, but when blood thinners and other meds rob your libido, it's a different story. Oh sure, you can rise to the occasion with stimulation just as it's always been, but without help it doesn't last long enough to satisfy you or your spouse. Therefore, I take two little pills whenever we plan to make love, the spontaneity is gone, but the passion still exists. When she tells me to make sure I take my pills I know it'll be a hot time in the bedroom.

During my yearly check up with the cardiologist he informed me my heart was back at 100%, took me off two of the medications and told me I was doing great. I still take a light blood thinner and another pill to slow my heart, but overall, I'm doing well. She and I are back in the woodshop almost daily, however with less urgency, we start early, and we knock off about two each afternoon, have a late lunch and do something other than work.

Five years ago my golden years could be wrapped up in the color of my urine, today, they're wrapped up in my bride. What was once a cloud blocking my way has become a ray of sunshine for the days ahead.

Our love life continues to be vibrant and often, it seems she finds a new pillow or wedge to enhance our positions every five or six months. Though I need the little pills to enhance our love life, being intimate with Patrice is more important than my pride. If she as a disabled vet is still finding new ways to love me, I'll damn sure find ways to return that love.

R410a
R410a
2,963 Followers
12