All Comments on 'Good Friends'

by StangStar06

Sort by:
  • 189 Comments (Page 2)
Tootight1Tootight1over 9 years ago
loved it

I hate pick your own endings, the reader is not the author. the reason I liked it so much, is that for me, I can point to friends, if not myself, that would fill every characters part quite well. it was a bit lengthy, but worth the read, except for the pick your own ending. I only read A, and didn't go any further, believing that the author was still in his original thoughts.

krosis666krosis666over 9 years ago
Multiple endings

I'm reading your entire story list alphabetically (again), but I haven't read this, and won't. If you cannot be bothered to come up with an ending for your own story, and stick with it, good or bad, then I can't be bothered to read it. Multiple endings are simply lazy writing.

Chief3BlanketChief3Blanketabout 9 years ago

Interesting characters in this story. On the whole an enjoyable story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
not another "pick your own?"

I hate multiple endings!!!!!!

RhomanovRhomanovabout 9 years ago
****

Good story - suck ass endings.

Elliot went from shy to myopic to deluded.

rightbankrightbankalmost 9 years ago
If you are going to give two endings

Give us two stories.

Some authors solve the dilemma by crafting the same story from two different points of view. Most frequent are the his and her versions. Same people different, different perspectives.

Eroticafan8000Eroticafan8000almost 9 years ago
Haters gonna hate!

I chose option A because what Kathy did was bad but she paid for it. Maybe it's because I've never lost love but I believe in second chances, only when they're deserved of course. Kathy deserved a second chance by leaps and bounds. What Mark and she did was so slight and short that it could be forgiven. I know, I know. The act is what counts. Sure, but they both hated the "sex", if you can even call it that. I think most of the 'burn the bitch' fans here have just had their fragile little egos hurt so badly that they see bad no matter what. What could you possibly lose that hasn't already lost if you give the offender a second shot? If they do end up burning you again then pack up and leave. Not that hard. For you people that want to attack me because of what I've said here, fine. My screen name is Eroticafan8000. I will not hide behind an anon.

charbutacharbutaalmost 9 years ago

I liked the B ending best .

Maybe because it was so unexpected. Not sure .

A good storry anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Elliot was an idiot

Elliot was a complete idiot to throw everything away like he did over one drunken mistake. It wasn't an affair. A lot of people have made a mistake like this. I had a hard time liking your protagonist...he was acting like a child, not like real man.

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013almost 9 years ago
What a relief!

I have always been a "burn the cheating bitch" kind of chap but I didn't want that to happen in this particular case - just call me a big softy. They did get back together in both versions, for which I thank you.

Now we've had this short intermission, let's get back to the scorched earth, make- them-pay scenarios that you do so well.

4.5 stars for making me wait!

TMSPTGR3TMSPTGR3almost 9 years ago
Too Much

Everyone and everything was so overstated that the characters lost all credibility. None of the story was believable and I quit caring about anyone. 2*

rnebularrnebularover 8 years ago
Great but ending A off a bit

Loved this whole story and both endings, but gotta say the last bit of ending A was over the top cheese. They had a daughter and named her Mark? Oh well B was a bit more appropriate anyhow. Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
YOU'RE GETTING SOFT

maybe your own healing process since you've screamed pain for years... good luck with that. Scotty

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013over 8 years ago

You know I think you're a terrific writer, Stang, but giving multiple endings is a cop out. A story is a complete thing, with a beginning, middle and end - one end. I liked all the elements in this tale but it was incomplete because it doesn't have a proper ending. I feel that you ought to have gone with one scenario or the other, not leave your readers up in the air.

Either one would have given us an excellent tale, and each would have been complete.

VapspegeoVapspegeoalmost 8 years ago
Not a bad idea!

This is a good story, I did like (A.) This very much a straight forward good story. I also liked story B. To me I can take this as one story. Thank You for the opportunity to choose.

Tootight1Tootight1almost 8 years ago
Good Story

I have read this story, I don't know how often, and still like it. The alt endings are too manipulative for the reader and the author. It's like an insurance policy that guarantees any reader will like it, so I only read the first one, thinking that it was what flowed from the author's mind during the story. No alt endings, say what's on your mind, no excuses, no apologies, just like real life.

Taffbanjo2013Taffbanjo2013over 7 years ago
Second Review.

I've re-read the story stand and I like both scenarios. Very powerful stuff, Stang.

Excellent - I won't critique bits and pieces because the whole thing hangs together.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
STORIES SANS CLOSURE

are what they were written to be. TK U MLJ LV NV

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
RAAC Bullshit Staring The Wimp Elliot.

Weak and pointless pathetic raac shit.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
I ONLY READ PART"A"

Hi there peoples! Truly this is a great romance story! "Part A" The reason I chose not to read part B is what you wrote in the story? You wrote that he was after (stalked her) for years and fucked her when she was drunk and also she was dry down pussie way? THAT DEAR FRIENDS IS RAPE ! If this story where real and she took him to court she would have had that piece of SHIT locked away for years! Hubby is an IDIOT ! To mentally torture her for years he does not deserve her! No this is Not Right! That is why I only read part A Love you all! GREG. OH 100 % OF READING ENJOYMENT BYE.

ju8streadingju8streadingover 7 years ago

i wonder stangstar06

do you get as amused at some of the asshat comments as i do sometimes?

i do enjoy reading your stories especially the ones with chrissie in them. thank you for these stories, as i seem to tend to read them several times.

have a good day

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Simply Put

Fuck RAAC, fuck killing off Claudia, fuck taking Kathy back and fuck all the closet creampie eating cuckolds that like this story including the author.

CowboyMark_75007CowboyMark_75007about 7 years ago
Loved the writing and the story...

right up to PG 7, the point where Stangstar06 broke character by allowing his ego and immaturity to fuck it up. Commercials really? A failed attempt at cutesy humor. Lost all interest in the author's dual story endings and investing any more time reading any more of this author's work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Ran across this one

While looking for stories rated 4.00 or higher. Didn't recall reading it so off we go. I could not progress beyond Part 4. I'm reminded of my days of writing non-fiction articles, paid by the word. Eleven pages to get to the less than compelling ending? Is 'Elliot' the little kid from the movie E.T.?? Never grew up did he?

THUD.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
1* your worst story to date

good job MattMoreau !

both endings were terrible .

you simply couldnt stop yourself from forcing the poor cuckold back together with the whore . typical for you Matt Moreau .

i hope her next bull giver her aids and she gives it to cuck-boy .

i like your material better when you're not trying so hard to emulate Matt Moreau .

tazz317tazz317almost 7 years ago
WHO SAYS LIFE IS SUPPOSED TO BE FAIR AND LONGEVITY

Nobody should say that while the others try for survival. TK U MLJ LV NV

MorganDeWolfeMorganDeWolfealmost 7 years ago
Sorry....

Once again SS06 forces a RAAC that reduces Elliot to a brain dead caricature of a man. Two (2) endings and neither of them remotely realistic, believable or palatable to anyone but the RAAC ELITE.

The worst part is SS06 killed the only decent character in the story.

1 Star kicking Kathy to the curb initially...-4 Stars for the RAAC.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Bah

They were written well enough but it's sad to see another writer get on the RAAC train.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
It

WAs a good read . ButElliot just wanted her to love him as much as he loved her. That means anger doesn't equate to betrayal. If a situation starts developing the kind of love Elliot had makes his bones jump out of his skin to avoid it regardless of anger or anything else Why would being mad at someone make your legs spread and let somone have sex with you .

He came off as almost autistic and put love on a pedestal not her.

Quadman07Quadman07over 6 years ago
Both had problems

Kathy and Elliot seemed to have some social problems. Maybe a touch is Asperger syndrome. Kathy cheated by letting Mark enter her but she could not complete copulation with him. Mark was a real scumbag! Elliot had severe shyness problems and would have trouble finding another woman him would talk too, much less ask on a date. As much as Kathy chased and loved Elliot, I find it very hard to believe she got mad enough to cheat on Elliot. I also find it very hard to believe Elliot would put his job first before staying with Kathy for dinner with her parents specially after he was the one that was instrumental in getting them back together. Still a very well written story, a 5 star effort for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Poor old Sal

The only person I felt bad about was Sal. Poor guy gets two wifes polluted by the same jerk (Mark). I can see how it happening the second time would motivate a guy to put a few bullets in Mark.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Set up to fail

If you look up the definition of dirt bag you will find his best friend Mark picture as an example. El sees the world in absolute stark black and white. He professed such love and need for her in his life. Then, when a serious test of their relationship occurs, he is out the door so fast he is a blur.

Maybe a little effort to work through the cheating damage would have been a valid consideration.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Trolled -_-

So...both doors lead to the same fucking room, but from different directions, huh? Excellent trolling there, Stang. You deserve a 1 for this

Dc5655Dc5655over 5 years ago
Please continue

Please continue this story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Suckedax

This story sucked. Mark should have a bullet in his brain. Did not make it past p5

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 5 years ago
Make it shorter

You are not enough of a good writer to terrorize reader with 11 pages. Either write a summary of the story in the beginning so that readers know what it is about or simply make it shorter instead of dragging it like this.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
UGH!!!

Couldn't get past page 5. Elliot isn't just shy, he's a wimp! He nearly breaks one guys arm for coming onto Kathy then slips away with his tail between his legs when he discovers his, "so called" best friend, had fucked his wife! Right there and then he should have put Mark in the hospital!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
UGH!!!

Decided to read it through....didn't matter....the story is so convoluted it's sickening!

Everyone of the characters in this story is really fucked up!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Not Good

I didn’t like either ending. I actually didn’t like the story as a whole because it was too long and there wasn’t a single character in it worth a plug nickel. But my biggest problem with it was the ending(s). I didn’t care much for either one but the fact that it had two to begin with was just bad with a capital “B”. Writing a story with multiple endings and telling the readers to “pick one” is a cheap writer’s gimmick and SS06 is too good a writer to be using it. If I were to vote on this story it would most certainly be One Star.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Good but wrong...

Both stories were good if not great, if they were in the romance category.

dscherer45dscherer45over 4 years ago

I actually liked the second one better.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
A back stabbingjealous best friend.........

It's really funny how a best friend can hurt you...but this is a love story and I'm glad we got to finish it....With all of the words of wit here ...." A " was more my style...The real winner is Love...they did finally find it again.........

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
On the fence

On one side you have love conquers all but takes time to heal, literally in all aspects.

But on the other, both as whole already show how jealousy even from a supposed friend has a cost that effects everything and everyone. A true friend would never put themselves in that position and walk away before temptation was even a thought or action was made.

Reminds when a a friend of mine and his married brother asked for help with sales. One night was sitting with both the brother and his wife, talking sales techniques from pregnant pause, closing to listening to customers objections. During this time there the wife would just watch me intently but not so much in a learning capacity more in a hormonal one and there were times the brother would get up and leave step away to look something up. Then the hair on the back of neck stood up and there’s the wife looking like I was meat on a hook. I did nothing but remain calm and collected sipping the glass of water. Asking if she questions on what I covered so far, giving no encouragement or not even a friendly joke or flirt, fortunately the brother came back and we finished shortly after. Couple years later found out they divorced never heard why and I don’t need know.

I live by a simple rule “I would not, want it done to me”, then follow by a small pearl of wisdom “We’re all in the same boat, just in a different a row”. Unfortunately most laugh at the rule, but I just smile because my conscience is clear, can they say the same; can you ??! 5 stars!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I Liked

Usually I'm a BtB kinda guy , But that story was just right in all ways.

MarkT63MarkT63almost 4 years ago
Ok...

Too much forgiveness... Not enough BTB!!! Still excellent writing.

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
while not one of my fav's

it wasn't a RAAC story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

Not a fan of raac. More a btb fan. However, this was an exceptionally good story. I would die for a love that strong.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 3 years ago
Great story.

"A" ending always.

TeggeTeggeover 3 years ago

Great story! I looked for alternate endings but found none. I guess everyone, and I agree, it finished very well.

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

Two stupid endings! He should've kicked them both to the curb permanently!

NitpicNitpicover 3 years ago
Yet

Yet another story that is far too long,too much unecessay crap about Sally and Mark

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

Two of the most horrible RAAC endings I've ever read .

Congrats

1*

Wish I could rate it lower

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
awful

a choice of two terribad endings ?

o joy !

1*

gave it one star because there is no lower rating

Dlh143Dlh143over 3 years ago

Both endings show that he's a wimpy cuckold.

teslaownerteslaownerabout 3 years ago

Reading the last few comments, I was reminded of the Biblical saying "let have no is without sin cast the first stone". The only people entitled to the opinion that Eliot should kick her to the curb are those who never ever made a mistake and been given a second chance, or even made a mistake they didn't get caught at, like fudging taxes.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

I hated it.

@teslaowner doesn't seem to understand. Being married is more than whether you've ever done anything wrong. It is the memories, the history, the security and the trust. It doesn't matter if someone has fudged on his taxes or, indeed, committed murder. If his psychological makeup is that he'll remember and be badly hurt, then the cheap anger-fuelled screwing is enough that there is no reason for him to have to keep the one that caused his hurt and took away his feelings of security. Sometimes there are consequences to actions and Kathy would have had to know what the effect would be on her husband-it was plain from the way he was when they got together and plain from the way he lived his life with her.

Mustang88LXMustang88LXabout 3 years ago

You only get 4 stars because of the stupid part B. You should have ended it with part A.

ProfesseurXProfesseurXabout 3 years ago

I liked it, as I do many of your stories.

It's a tough one but this one is not a deal breaker for me : a one time druken mistake. However, I do not believe that things can ever quite be the same after that.

On the other side of the coin, there are two things that lean towards separation: she did not confess right away and she did it because she was unhappy with him, like a revenge fuck.

brian_scoobybrian_scoobyabout 3 years ago

Ending B! ...ending A is ok... not thought out, or written as strong as Ending B. Enjoyed the story. Thanks

BSreaderBSreaderalmost 3 years ago
No one is ever truly happy

One thing I've learned is no one in these stories are ever truly happy.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

What the fuck is wrong with you? You had Kathy cheat for absolutely not good reason! Who pissed in your corn flakes to make you such a miserable person?

Dlh143Dlh143almost 3 years ago

Bot endings leave Elliott nothing but being a cuckold. Kathy threw his love away and she, along with Mark, should have to pay price. Claudia should've been kicked to the curb for forcing him to have to associate with Kathy. No-one has to put up with scrap like that. 1 star

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 3 years ago

I never thought I would ever submit a story here let alone a continuation. None of this is right. I don't have a problem with the reconciliation or the breakup but I do have a problem with the dialogue and conclusions drawn. Drunk sex doesn't just happen. It only means that the wife was considering it sober. She had thought about how to get away with it but realized it would be too risky. As such she continued the light cheating. And she was cheating. That is missing from stories like this. She went through with it because of anger and reduced inhibitions but she was by no means faultless. It would have never happened unless she was interested in Mark sober. That's why he worked her over for months

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

2 endings and they are both reconciliation garbage.

Waste of time, would have been better if Kathy had stayed dead.

1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Brilliant just fucking Brilliant. I once had a love for the ages but I messed up and lost her. She lives a good life and I seem to exist. You have written something truly special and those who can't see it, never felt that before.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

had the makings of a Mexican soap....

and if that is not obvious: NOT an praise!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Not an praise? That shows what some know about writing. Yes there were typos and grammar mistakes. You wrote a fantastic love story with two great endings. A lucky group of dear friends that were truly loved. Great job on this.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Both endings were great. Both work very well. Sometimes in true love mistakes can be made. Forgiveness and trust are the hardest things to do. Thank you for the great storyline. I really enjoy the stories you write. They make people think and often wonder "What if .." Thanks - K

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

You created a wonderful love story and you told it really well. Yea, typos and all that ,so what. Both endings were high quality and well planned out. I bet everyone saw that Mark was going to screw him over.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really, the cheating skank gets back her ex husband!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

two awful endings .

pathetic cuck shit

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

“But the fact is that you and I should never have been. We were an accident, no more. We were a blip in the face of life.”

This not much of a loving farewell letter from someone who claimed to love you. It trivializes and negates the importance of their relationship as being almost meaningless to the person writing the letter. Its dishonest attempt by the author to force a unwanted reconciliation on the readers by discounting and minimizing the significance of Claudia and Elliot’s relationship so they would accept a reconciliation with Kathy.

“The only thing that stopped it from happening before I came along was your pride, my love.”

Pride is NOT a bad thing…not when we’re talking about one’s self respect, dignity and self-worth. Pride is something as basic and necessary as being aware that you’re someone who deserves to be respected, valued, and listened to.

xhristianjxhristianjover 1 year ago

I hate when this author goes off on their hopelessly in love bullshit. FFS the stupid prick isn't 12 but then again the way this pussy acted most of rhe time maybe he was.

NitpicNitpicover 1 year ago
Another

Another story that is longer than necessary.

KaeyoKaeyoover 1 year ago

Neither ending was good. Elliot has to be the weakest, most pathetically wimpy, main character you’ve written. Yes, Kathy fucked up, probably for less than 3 minutes. Elliot was just being an ass pushing to divorce for no better reason than he was to weak to get past his insecurities.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

MORE CUCKOLD SHIT FROM A CUCK WRITER

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I've read this one a few times and each time I feel that though Kathy needed to be punished not just for her one time, aborted almost immediately transgression in anger and not confessing,taking her back was not a bad thing as she was truly sorry, repentant and would indeed willingly make amends for the rest of her life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

The problem wasn't the infidelity. It was the dishonesty over 6 years.

sneakoneoutsneakoneoutabout 1 year ago

Great writing. The only part of the story that doesn’t make sense is why on the day that her parents were coming to visit was she so drunk. Was she planning on sobering up before they got there.

HighBrowHighBrow7 months ago

The setup and motivation for cheating with Mark didn’t make sense. It went against her character.

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Ending 1, definitely.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

This was aweful, the cheating wife was way out of character and it was out of character for mark to go after a plain looking woman. The characters in the story are just not that interesting.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Story ending A was better. Yes Kathy screwed up. Her anger, some really out of character motivations to allow herself to be seduced by Mark, her almost aborted, very abbreviated one time slip, all of those things are forgivable ... in time. She was not evil. She made a bad decision and Mark is an asshole who was jealous of their relationship. Elliot couldn't get past her flaw. She was no longer on his pedestal of perfection. But some of his inability was his pride. While morally worng, is it any wonder she kept her brief infidelity secret? Story B was OK, but Story A was better. They deserved to be together again without such a long separation. Good story. Both MC and Kathy had issues. They were human. Still no.real explanation why she would deign yo do anything with Mark given hoe out of character ir was for her. And after the discovery, she did everything possible to atone and have a chance at having thr love of her life back.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Story A was far superior. One of the few LW stories with adultery (though an aborted one time slip under influence of alcohol and the asshole predator friend that end with her stopping him after just a few strokes and bursting into tears of guilt, not to mention all her atonement and effort she out into thr marriage afterwards thiugh she should have confessed) where a reconciliation is not just warranted but would be criminal to not make happen. Story B was weird.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Absolutely and unreservedly story A. The way the author set it up and what happened after Mark asking the question, while painful for Elliot since it was fresh, in no way under those particular circumstances, deserved a non reconciliation, nor the weird story B. Story A, but honestly being apart for a couple years plus the time before filing for a divorce post hospital was mostly wasted time. Separate if you need to, go to counseling and Elliot needed actual therapy. If you cannot get your head out of your arse for the live of your life and your kids for such a gray, corner case then you aren't much of man. Most stories on hear have over the top or deep betrayals that preclude reconciliation and stink as RAACs and not warranted or realistic. But real life marriages that cannot get past this sort of stupid mistake / perfect storm, especially when he admits rationally in story A to what he knows to be true but cannot get past, were not that strong anyways. Normally would say bigger sin was wife did not confess after it happened but given how Elliot reacted and could not get past it, guess she was right. Mark was a predatory adshole that should have been put down. Come to think of it, he was.

prato1992prato19924 months ago

Me encantó la segunda versión. Gracias

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

Story A is the best one I think because in Story B you had to change Kathy's character to make her actually "curious" about schlepping Mark, which she obviously was NOT. I realize you did this to make Elliot more sympathetic and less of a villain for rebuffing Kathy's genuine attempts at reconciling with him, but it felt cheap to me. You could have (and probably should have) made Elliot wear the full weight of his decision in Story B to move on with Claudia. Overall I enjoyed this story even if it was pretty rote, for the writing and the characters you get a 5/5 - hell you even managed to make me feel a bit sorry for Mark, although I was glad to see that Bob put him in the ground.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver3 months ago

I liked the first ending much better!!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous