Good Neighbors Ch. 070

Story Info
Making up for yesterday at work.
874 words
4.86
2.3k
00
Story does not have any tags

Part 71 of the 189 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/27/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers

I hate driving in the city. It's my least favorite part of my job to be honest. The thing that was better about this day versus yesterday was that my arrival yesterday shook things up enough. I made sure my badge was front and center around my neck. It wasn't until I reached the office and parked that one of the security guards walked up to me.

"Sir, you know you have a private entrance, right?"

I looked at him clueless. It was when I remembered yesterday that it made sense. He walked me over to it before smiling.

"It is weird meeting you after this time. I know the other owner mentioned you a lot during our orientation and stuff, but he made it seem like you were way different than you are. Are you doing alright? It's been a bit."

"I'm okay. I'm only here while he's in the islands somewhere with his new bride. I liked working from home. But I do miss some of the folks here."

"Your neighbor was very kind and pleasant. I could see why working from home would be easier. She seems like a wonderful woman."

I smiled.

"She has been my rock since my wife died. Even after her husband passed a few weeks later, she'd been super supportive."

The guard wished me a good day and I entered the building into a private elevator. To be honest I never knew about it. Before Missy passed, I always went through the front door. It was kind of my thing since I never took for granted how big the business grew because of the folks working for us. It was when I reached my office that my HR and my assistant was waiting.

"Doing better this morning, sir?" my assistant asked.

"It's alright. I'm sorry about yesterday. They just pushed me too much and..."

"You're good, sir," the HR replied. "The supervisors sent me the reviews of the folks who visited yesterday. I think pay raises would be in order. Did you want me to have the conversations with them?"

"I'll do it."

They both looked at me in shock.

"Mr. Masters never..."

"I'm not Mr. Masters. The fact is they felt justified enough to come up here and ask. I treated them poorly and I need to apologize. I will need their files though, Aubrey."

Aubrey, that's my assistant's name by the way since I seem to forget to introduce my characters as I wrote about them, complied. As she gathered the folders, she went to her desk to schedule my meetings with them. It was then my HR, Deb, looked at me.

"What did you do with the other guy?" she asked teasingly.

"What other guy?" I asked.

"The one who liked being behind the scenes. I've known you and Matt for a long time, and he was always the one who was more about the show. You seem different. What happened?"

"It's difficult to explain. But let's just say losing Missy taught me that life is too short for petty stuff. Are you going to sit with me in these meetings to help them feel at ease?"

"I could. Is that what you want, sir?"

"I would. I still feel bad about exploding on them yesterday."

"Very well. Aubrey will send me the appointments and I'll be in."

She walked away and I went to my desk to relax a bit before my cell went off. Three guesses who that was.

"You doing alright, Romeo?"

"Of course I am thanks to you. I really wish I was home holding you right now."

"Me too. The bed felt lonely last night."

"Mine too. He'll be back at the end of the week and maybe I'll get to work from home again. They put in a private entrance since before my work at home time."

"Well, you're a big shot. It makes sense."

"I'm a cog in the machine. Miss you."

"Miss you too. Are you coming over after work?"

"Is the Pope Catholic?"

Hearing her laugh helped the weight of the world slip off my shoulders. I hung up right before the first appointment with one of the employees from the day before. The meetings went well. All three were surprised that I went through the trouble of checking out their productivity and their reviews from their supervisors and that I did the meetings myself. I had the chance to sincerely apologize to all three and they left content. I then started going through the reports.

The rest of the day was a blur. It didn't feel like the day was over until I pulled into my driveway. I left my briefcase in the car before walking over to my neighbor's house. I knocked on the door and was greeted by my neighbor wearing yoga pants, a tight t-shirt and a huge smile on her face. She grabbed my tie and pulled me in before she lay a huge deep kiss on my lips.

"I do like you wearing ties, Master," she said in a sultry voice.

I wrapped my arms around her tightly. The only thought that crossed my mind was that this was what it feels like to be where you belong.

Azuldrgon
Azuldrgon
407 Followers