Grier the Sire

Story Info
Raider breeds nobleman’s gorgeous wife, takes his fiefdom.
15.3k words
4.48
113.5k
101
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
jxa2012
jxa2012
1,503 Followers

This story series is an antecedent to my Jack Grierson series. It is about the Danish chieftain, Grier, an ancestor of Jack Grierson. It takes place during the Viking invasions of England.

* * * *

1. Ealdorman Hollis of Tunbridge stood before a roaring fire in the reception hall of his castle. His expression was stony as he listened to his son Burke finish his tale. Leofric stood a few paces behind, staring ahead with a blank look on his face.

"So you see, Father, I had no option. When Lady Mildrith refused to come with us, I was forced to leave her behind. Such a pigheaded woman! I am sure that we can find a better match. After all, we are the most important lords in the region, the king depends on us!"

"So Leofric," said Hollis. "What is your assessment?"

Leofric cleared his throat before speaking.

"Four long ships, my lord," he said. "Probably about two hundred Danes. We were just over sixty Tunbridge men with another thirty or so doughty local lads. Newhaven Fort is well situated and its stockade walls are timber, but quite stout."

"I see," said Hollis. "We must assume that they have taken Newhaven Fort by now. The poor tenants and fisherfolk under Lady Mildrith could not possibly have held out against that many Danes." He stroked his beard, before continuing. "It will take a lot more effort to dislodge them from the fort now. What say you, Leofric?"

"To be absolutely sure, I'd like to raise at least four companies of yeomen, my lord. That is in addition to our mounted knights. But it will take time to muster a force of this size."

"How long?"

"Five or six weeks, my lord."

"God's blood!" exploded Hollis, striking the mantelpiece with his fist. He calmed himself with an effort. "Well, there is no help for it. Begin the mustering immediately, Leofric. You may retire."

Leofric withdrew, followed by the men-at-arms in the hall. Hollis waited till the doors shut behind them and he was alone with his son.

"I am ashamed of you!" he shouted. "You are a fucking moron and a coward to boot. I cannot believe you are my own flesh and blood. Don't you realize how strategic Newhaven is? It dominates the sea lane from the Channel to the North Sea -- Tunbridge ealdormen have coveted it for generations! Now with it in our grasp, you've thrown it away!"

"If it is so important, we can always retake it, Father --" began Burke.

"Do you think the past generations were fools?" Hollis said angrily. "Do you think the king would sanction such a grab? Your mother and I have waited and planned this match for over ten years. Ever since Lady Mildrith was a little girl of eight, and you were still playing with wooden swords."

"But Father, the Danes --"

"With your men and the Newhaven lads, you had over a hundred men in a well situated fort, you worthless bag of shit! The Danes would not have dared to attack a strongpoint, uphill over open ground, against such a sizable force. Even if they had, Leofric would have seen them off."

Burke stood mute, but his face showed his petulance.

"Well, let us hope that Lady Mildrith is still alive," said Hollis, heavily. "So that we can install you as her lawful husband before God and lay claim to Newhaven Fort."

"But Father, the Danes must have fucked her by now! I have no wish to --"

"I don't care what you wish!" roared Hollis. "You will do what you are told! Or else I will have you flogged!"

Burke cowered before his father's rage and muttered, "Have it your way."

"What did you say?" asked Hollis dangerously.

"I will do as you command, my lord," said Burke, sulkily.

* * * *

2. Several weeks at Newhaven Fort passed in a whirl. One crew of Danes rebuilt the gates that they had battered in and refurbished the damage the fort had sustained during the battle. Another crew took cordage, wood and pitch from the English and set to work repairing the storm-battered long ships. By day they worked hard and by night, they played hard, drinking and carousing with the local women. Some women willing, but most put up at least a semblance of a fight. However, Danish steel ensured that Danish flesh got what it wanted.

Grier was untiring. Supervising work all day, he still kept both Mildrith and Edwina busy much of the night. At first, he remained suspicious of Mildrith and continued to tie her down with the silk ribbons. He mounted her repeatedly in a variety of positions. When he fucked her doggie style, he encouraged Edwina to kiss her on the mouth and from there they progressed into a range of three-way sexual acts. Grier was pleased that each night Mildrith's rage and threats declined in volume, while her orgasms grew harder and more frequent. Edwina willingly went down on him. She got so good at giving head that he had a hard time containing himself and not ejaculating in her mouth. At least once every night he mounted her as well.

By the second week, Mildrith was surprised to find herself beginning to look forward to her nights with Grier. She remained ashamed of the sinfulness of her lust and the depravity of their three-way sexual frolics. But the heights of physical pleasure that she achieved with Grier made her rationalize her situation. There is nothing I can do, she said to herself. He is forcing himself on me and even though I resist him, I cannot stop him from taking what he wants. Surely God will forgive me.

Gradually, Grier began to see her acquiescence and stopped tying her down. Her freed body widened the range of sexual positions he could explore with her, and she gave in to her passions. She even began to guiding Grier toward acts that particularly stimulated her.

At the end of five weeks, Mildrith sat with Edwina and Audrey as they were plying needle and thread. Edwina and Audrey were mending netting, while Mildrith was crocheting. Edwina seemed particularly preoccupied and stuck her finger with a needle several times, clicking her tongue with irritation each time.

"You seem quite out of sorts today, Edwina," said Mildrith. "What's the matter?"

"Nothing, my lady," said Edwina, coloring deep red.

"Obviously, it is something," persisted Mildrith. "Forget that I am your mistress for the moment. We will swear to secrecy, won't we, Audrey?"

"Yes, indeed, my lady," said Audrey, her cornflower blue eyes lighting up with curiosity.

Edwina looked down at her feet and then out into the distance. She drew her kerchief out of her waistband and twisted it in her hands.

"I don't know what to do, my lady," she said at length. "I have been due for my monthly for two weeks now. But there is no sign of it, not a drop of blood. I went to Agnes the midwife down in the village yesterday -- she thinks that it is almost certain that I am pregnant."

Audrey also reddened as she heard this.

"Have you told your husband, Frank?" asked Mildrith, not noticing Audrey's reaction.

"How can I do that, my lady?" cried Edwina. "I have not been in Frank's bed since the Danes came."

"So the baby you are carrying --" began Mildrith.

"It is Grier's! There can be no doubt!"

Audrey put her arms around Edwina and held her. Mildrith now noticed her expression.

"Audrey, what about you --"

"I have also missed my monthly, my lady. It is only by a week, but I am normally as regular as the tide. So I also saw Agnes yesterday and she is certain that I am pregnant as well. I am in the same boat as Edwina -- my husband, Evan, has not touched me since the Danes have come. I am carrying Denhaf's child."

"By all the saints!" exclaimed Mildrith. "My monthly has been due as well, but I have not had any signs yet. I thought nothing of it --"

"My lady, the way Grier is fucking you, it would be impossible for you to NOT get pregnant," said Edwina, abandoning decorum in her agitation. "He pumps a pint of semen into you every night."

"Don't talk like a slut, Edwina!" snapped Mildrith. "I'm a God-fearing woman. The Lord would never allow this pagan beast to impregnate me."

Mildrith threw down her crocheting and went for a walk down to the seashore. Grier was working on the beach with some of his men, stepping a mast on one of the long ships. He waved to her cheerily as she walked by, but she ignored him. She went into the small fishermen's church by the harbor and knelt in front of the cross. She prayed as hard as she could. Then she went to the cottage of Agnes, the village midwife.

Half an hour later, Agnes washed her hands in a basin and turned to Mildrith with a serious mien.

"It is still very early, my lady," she said. "But I am fairly certain that you are with child."

"Thank you," said Mildrith, handing her a copper coin.

"I helped your mother when you were born, Lady Mildrith," she said, holding her wrist in a maternal fashion. "And it grieves me deeply that the Lord took her a week later, in spite of my best efforts to save her." She had to pause to clear her throat before she could go on and her eyes were moist. "I promised her that I would care for you when your time came. The child you are carrying --"

But Mildrith rose and fled before Agnes could go on. She went back to the fort and locked herself in her bedchamber, refusing to see Edwina when she knocked. She did not go down for the evening meal and only reluctantly opened the door to Grier when he came later in the night. The only reason she did not refuse him was that she was sure he would break down her door if she did.

Grier took her in his arms and carried her to the bed. He hiked up her skirts and petticoats and stripped down her panties, running his lips her along her pussy. As his tongue began stimulating her sensitive clitoris, the pleasurable physical sensations made her forget her anxiety. After Grier's persistent tongue drove her to her first orgasm, she did not protest when Edwina slipped in and joined them in bed.

But later that night, lying naked in Grier's arms, the thought of the child growing in her womb returned to torment her. I will give birth to a Danish bastard, she thought. How could this happen to me?

She thought of Grier's weapons, lying on the floor by the bed. She slowly slid out of his arms, worrying about how he would react. But he just muttered, "Oh, my darling," in slow, clear, Danish. She reached down and drew his dagger from his belt on the floor.

The moon came out from behind some clouds and the white light shone on his naked body, turning it silver white. In spite of the dark markings of countless cuts and scars, his powerful musculature and handsome face made him a very attractive sight. He was completely unsuspecting and it would be so easy to kill him now. She raised the dagger, and hesitated. He is the father of my baby, she thought. How will I be able to tell my child that I murdered its father?

"Come back into my arms, darling Mildrith," Grier mumbled, his eyes closed, still half asleep.

She silently lowered the dagger and returned it to its sheath on the floor. When she returned to his arms, he tightened his hold on her naked body and kissed her. She opened her mouth, his tongue entered and she kissed him back fiercely, angrily. When she opened her eyes after the kiss, she saw that he was wide awake, a playful expression in his blue eyes.

"Thank you for not killing me," he whispered.

She rolled him over on his back and straddled him. He reached up and cupped her firm breasts. She reached down and found his organ, now rampantly erect. She raised herself, wiggled her bottom till she was in position and sank down, impaling herself on him. He reciprocated and arched his back. This position allowed him to penetrate even more deeply into her.

"Oh, my Lord! Ooh! Oooh!! Aah! Aaaah!!"

Her panting grew louder with her rising excitement. Eventually it gave way to full throated cries as she gave voice to her feelings.

"OMIGOD! You're in so deep! SO VERY DEEP!! FUCK!!"

Mildrith was so loud that she woke Edwina and the first thing she heard was her mistress's saying "FUCK!" for the first time in her life. She sat up to see Mildrith riding Grier, grinding her hips, holding his face between her breasts, while he bucked her. True to his name, he fucked her like a ramrod.

* * * *

3. Once the work on repairing the fort and the long ships was done, Grier had more time on his hands. He began taking rides with Mildrith on the beach in the mornings. He used the horse that had been her father's personal mount when he was alive. Grier enjoyed riding and spoke of his experience of English horses. She enjoyed riding as well, but was still tense with him in public. A typical male, he did not notice these subtleties.

They returned from their ride to find a great deal of commotion by the gate of the fort. The Danes were all gathered around Denhaf and there was a general hubbub. Grier touched his spurs to his horse's sides and galloped up the rise to the fort, with Mildrith riding hard in his wake.

"What is the matter?" asked Grier as he leaped off his horse.

"The English!" cried Denhaf, relieved to see Grier. "Our scouts report a huge force, hundreds of yeomen and men-at-arms. The leading knights are less than an hour's ride away."

"How could they have come so close before our scouts saw them?" asked Grier, clearly angry. "Well, there is no use bemoaning that now. Get the men ready and on to the ships. We must be out to sea before they get here."

"Yes, Grier," said Denhaf. He turned to the Danes milling about. "You heard him! Get down to the beach immediately, we must get the ships in the water. Don't waste time gathering anything other than your weapons. We'll take more plunder in our next raid."

Mildrith listened to their conversation. She could not understand them, for while she understood standard Danish, Denhaf and Grier was speaking very rapidly in the colloquial dialect they used among themselves.

He saw her and beckoned her over.

"Lady Mildrith, I am sorry to tell you that we are leaving forthwith. My scouts report that your father-in-law is less than an hour's ride away and leads a large party of knights and hundreds of yeomen. Our ships are ready, so we will sail as soon as we can get the men aboard."

"Afraid to face real fighting men?" she asked acidly.

"A wise man only fights when he has to," Grier said. "We are outnumbered more than three to one, but even so we could probably hold the fort. But then they would burn our ships and we would be trapped here."

The Danes left Newhaven Fort very quickly and in good order. They hurried down from the heights of the fort to the shore by the village, where their long ships were beached. Mildrith, Edwina and Audrey, along with all of those remaining in the fort clambered up on to the stockade walls to look. Even as the Danes struggled to launch their long ships into the waves, the van of the English force came into sight, riding hard. Hollis and Leofric led over fifty battle-ready knights and their supporting retinues, all with weapons drawn. They bypassed the fort. and galloped down the slope at the Danes.

The watchers on the stockade walls saw Grier argue briefly with Denhaf before the blond giant reluctantly took over marshalling the bulk of the Danes in getting the long ships afloat. Grier and a group of twenty warriors fanned out and formed a defensive rearguard behind a rough perimeter of rocks, protecting the long ships from the onrushing horsemen.

"My lady, there are so few Danes facing the knights!" cried Edwina. "And Grier leads them! He will sacrifice himself to save his comrades!"

Tears started from her eyes.

"Good!" responded Mildrith, unsympathetically. "I hope the Tunbridge men kill him. It will be even better if they wound him and bring him here for me to kill!"

"Oh, my lady, how can you speak thus?" said Edwina. "Don't you recall the bliss he gave you ...."

"Hush, you foolish girl!" snapped Mildrith, her face reddening, as she glanced at the others within earshot on the stockade wall. "I fought the beast with all my might and will rejoice at his death."

They continued to watch in silence. As the lead horsemen neared the Danish line, Grier rose from cover and flung a spear at Leofric, who led the charge. But the English bailiff was a seasoned campaigner and bent low in the saddle. The spear passed over his shoulder and struck the man just behind him, knocking him from his saddle to be trampled by the following horsemen. Leofric swung at Grier from the saddle, but the Dane managed to get his shield up in time to deflect the blow. However, there was enough weight in the swing to knock him to his knees.

Seeing him thus disadvantaged, a following knight charged in on Grier. As he lunged with his sword, Grier swung at the forelegs of the horse with his own blade. The horse screamed and fell forward, throwing the armored knight, who landed heavily. As he strained to rise, Grier ran him through.

However, with superior numbers and horsemen against infantry on open ground, the Danish rearguard was rapidly liquidated. Soon there were only three Danes left standing, and Grier was one of them. All of them were injured.

"Finish these three and get to the shore!" shouted Hollis to Leofric. "Then we can use fire arrows to set their ships alight."

The bailiff selected six of his men and galloped in to finish off the last three Danes. Grier threw his weapons down and ran for the water, stripping off his mail and leather as he did so. He called to his two surviving men to follow him. They imitated their leader, but both fell under the swords of the onrushing English. Grier managed to get into waist deep water before beginning to swim strongly after the long ships. Grier's rear guard had bought them enough time to get afloat and a dozen meters out. Even as they rowed frantically, all the ships were hoisting sails to hasten their departure.

Denhaf stood at the stern of the one of the long ships, exhorting Grier. His stentorian voice carried even up the rise to Newhaven Fort.

"Come on, Grier! You can make it! We'll back the oars till you get to us!"

Meanwhile Leofric had dismounted and a few of his men had strung their bows.

"Kill that murdering Dane!" roared the bailiff. "And get the pitch up here to light the fire arrows!"

The bowmen needed no encouragement. Several arrows splashed into the water around Grier, who continued to swim desperately. Then one struck him and he disappeared below the water surface. A cheer went up from the English lines, echoed from the watchers on the stockade walls. However, both Edwina and Audrey were conspicuously silent. Even Mildrith found that her cheers were less than wholehearted. There was a contrasting groan from the decks of the long ships.

Then Grier's head re-appeared above the water surface again, prompting a cheer from the Danes. Denhaf threw out a rope, unmindful of the fresh volley of arrows that came from the beach. Audrey and Edwina put their hands on their mouths and whispered, "Mother Mary, save him!", though they each had a different 'him' in mind. They whispered low enough that only Mildrith heard them. As soon as Grier grasped the rope, Denhaf bellowed at the sail crew, who released the restraining sheets. The sail billowed out immediately, and the long ship rapidly gained way. It put a sharp jerk on the rope, but Grier hung on with all his remaining strength.

By the time Leofric's men got the buckets of pitch to the beach, the Danish long ships were safely out of bowshot. Denhaf pulled the rope in and hauled Grier aboard. The Danish chieftain stood for a brief moment and waved at the fort before collapsing into his shipmaster's arms.

As the Danish long ships sailed toward the horizon, Mildrith felt a curious sense of emptiness. She descended from the stockade wall, followed by Edwina and Audrey. Once in the courtyard, she commanded the few surviving tenant farmers and laborers in the fort to open the gates to Ealdorman Hollis, Leofric and her husband.

jxa2012
jxa2012
1,503 Followers