Hades and Persephone Ch. 05

Story Info
Demeter and Persephone's return to Olympus...
7.1k words
5
4.7k
4

Part 5 of the 5 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 10/29/2020
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A week later...

"I am going to miss you, you know," Jessica embraced her friend. With the Owl's Roost closing for the foreseeable future, Dion's wine business and Jessica would relocate to Greece temporarily. Persephone's best friend looked particularly unmotivated to arrive at the airport on time.

Persephone sighed as she stepped back. "I will miss you, as well. But, on the bright side, we are both going to be able to see our families--I will get to meet my aunt and uncle and countless cousins for the first time, and you will be able to see your family for the first time in two years." The goddess knew that her friend's relationship with her family could easily be considered "prickly."

Jessica's eye roll was her only response for a few seconds. "Yes, and balancing my ultra-traditional, ultra-conservative family with Dion's craziness? I might as well have married the guy from Plenty of Fish, sight unseen. It would have made my dad happier." Her bitterness was evident as was her hurt.

Dion stepped up and curled his fingers lightly around Jessica's shoulder blades. "It's time to go, Ms. Drivas. Our plane takes off in an hour-and-a-half." His unusually formal tone and suit-clad body shocked both friends into silence--and Jessica into capitulation. With one last mournful look, Jessica followed Dionysus to his custom purple-hued Porsche.

As Dionysus's vehicle zoomed away, Persephone's earthbound garments faded away to be replaced with a chiton that matched the one in her dreams. More than a little alarmed, she glanced around, her eyes stopping on Athena's knowing gray gaze.

"We better return to Olympus," Demeter's tone was brusque. She, too, was wearing the more traditional garb of her youth, a pale green chiton, her wild waves, restrained in a knot atop her head. "And get this over with," she muttered under her breath.

The owner of Owl's Roost shot one last look at her creation that had brought the Olympians on Earth together before casting open a portal to allow passage to Olympus. Unlike when Hades opened a path to the Underworld, the ground did not crumple beneath Persephone's feet; rather, a near mirror-like window opened before her. She stepped resolutely forward, mindful that she walked toward her future.

A future without Hades.

* * *

Three days later...

Disquieted in his slumber, Hades roused the tri-headed demon dog who slept at his feet. Cerb, in response, growled, teeth flashing white with menace. Hades, deep in the torturous nightmares that wracked his body, was unaware of how his tumultuous movements upset his hound.

His dreams of Persephone had become nightmares. The hurt look in her eyes, too stricken for the tears that flirted with her lashes to shed, diamond-trails, down her soft cheeks. Then, the dreamworld twisted further, mocking him, revealing her futures with other gods and how she worshiped their bodies, showering them with her unbridled passionate love.

No--lust. Even in his somnolent state, Hades rushed to thwart the possibility of her love capturing his mind. That pattern of thought led to folly, to mistakes, to madness. He was not worthy of Persephone, and no one would see him as so.

The dream closed with Persephone, coyly coiling her hand around his rampantly erect cock. Dream Hades and sleeping Hades broke into a sweat as she expertly handled him, manipulating his flesh to a spurting orgasm.

Hades awoke, sitting up, gasping for breath as his mindless dick continued to release ropes of his orgasmic fluid.

"Every night," his voice was little more than a growl that matched Cerb's. "Every single fucking night these dreams have tormented me." This one had been worse than most. In all of the other dreams, Persephone never touched him, never teased him to a pinnacle of agonizing pleasure.

With a start, he remembered why that night's dream would be different. Persephone and Demeter--and the entirety of the Olympians who conducted business at the Owl's Roost--had returned to Olympus a few days earlier. Hera's special welcome home party for them was scheduled for that very week. And he, Hades, had promised to attend.

And had promised himself, and stated unequivocally to Persephone, that he would not seek her to be his, that he would instead stand by while she married and mated with another.

Sometimes, he really hated his life.

* * *

"He is, arghh, insufferable!" Persephone held the phone away from her ear, grateful that Hermes had managed to make it possible for her to talk to Jessica via the phone.

"Dion?" Persephone guessed, deciding she had an even chance of it being Jessica's boss that she referred to. Athena, from the sofa, glanced up, an amused grin softening her normally placid features. Demeter rolled her eyes as she and Hera continued to "discuss" the plans for the evening and for Seph's matrimonial path.

Seph frowned. The two sisters, always competitive, continued to snipe at each other since she and her mother had returned. It did not help that Zeus had made clear his intentions to pursue Demeter again.

Thinking back to their arrival three days earlier almost gave Seph a headache.

Stepping onto the ground in mainland Olympus, she was visually dazzled by a massive manse of nearly blinding marble, not quite as gigantic as Hades's palace in the underworld, to be sure, but still majestic.

The home of the king and queen of the gods.

Her smile wavered on her lips as she approached her aunt and uncle. Hera and Zeus.

Everything about the two emanated regality. While the other goddesses wore a far less formal version of the chiton, the dress that concealed and revealed Hera's curves in a wash of purple silk left no doubt of her status. Twin peacocks flanked her as she stepped forward to greet her.

"Persephone, you're here at last!" Soft hands, tipped with burgundy nails, that belied their strength curved around her chin. Hera's hazel gaze held Seph's, the hauteur giving way to familial affection. She slid her arms around her niece, hugging her tightly.

Within moments, Persephone felt her aunt's arms grow almost vise tight around her. "Demeter," the queen of the gods addressed her sister for the first time in millennia.

"Sister." Hera stepped back to receive the awkward pecks on the cheek from her sister.

Zeus looked at the scene with humor. Eschewing the chest-baring wrap of his youth, Zeus instead wore robes reminiscent of Hades, silvery to his brother's more somber tones. "Demeter," he grinned approvingly at his old mistress, his gaze lecherous as he stared her up and down.

Her mother did not ease the awkwardness. "Zeus!" she cried, clasping herself to him and kissing both of his cheeks.

Hera's eyes grew stormy. Persephone decided to do what she did best in all things that involved her mother and placate the situation. "I am so glad to be here, Aunt. Uncle," she acknowledged Zeus who seemed to be more focused on undressing Demeter with his eyes.

The reminder of her plans for finding Persephone a partner seemed to distract Hera. Persephone glared at her mother, a gaze her mother blithely ignored. Seph couldn't decide if her mother actually wanted to fuck Zeus or did this simply to enrage her sister.

"I'm glad, child," Hera smiled upon her niece. "Now, we must talk, your mother, you, and I. Hestia can join us, as well," she added as an afterthought. "Zeus, darling, do make sure that Hephaestus is settled in and that your other children are assigned their usual rooms," she dismissed her husband as if he were no more than a servant.

Another goddess, whom Persephone could only infer to be Hestia, stepped forward. Her chiton was simpler than even Persephone's modest one, a deep russet color that highlighted the golden waves similar in hue to Seph's on blonde strands.

"Hestia, this is our niece Persephone," Hera introduced Seph to her other aunt, and Persephone felt wrapped in warmth and a faint aroma of woodsmoke as Hestia held her.

As Hera strode imperiously to the front doors of the palatial manse, Persephone remembered another pair of doors that she had entered recently. She knew Hestia caught her wistful sigh because she saw her aunt's eyes widen.

After they were settled in a sumptuous luxurious parlor, Hera got down to business. "First of all, I want to stress how happy I am to have my dear sister and niece returned to us. I hope, with Persephone getting married, Demeter will continue to want to stay here on Olympus. With that in mind, I have a few ideas of potential suitors for my sweet niece.

"I think Hermes is an obvious choice," she started her list, but Demeter's response burst forth.

"No! Hell, no!" Persephone, seated by her mother, winced at the Earthly epithet.

"I know you have problems with that idea, sister, but you should surely be able to see that the problems you have with him show that he is an excellent candidate. He is attracted to Persephone--who wouldn't be--and they seemed to have enough chemistry to act on what you saw the results of."

Persephone's cheeks flushed crimson in embarrassment. She knew that Hera had to be aware of what happened to have known to send Hades instead of Hermes to invite her mother and her back home, but she had wished that some of the more salacious details had been kept discreet.

"Hermes and I have always been--friends--and have always gotten along well. Friendship is an important component of a strong marriage, right?" Persephone glanced around at her aunts and realized she did not know of a strong marriage among the Olympians.

Zeus was a patented manwhore with Hera as his jealous wife. Aphrodite's exploits were almost as overt as Zeus's; the only difference was that Heph turned more of a blind eye to them. Dionysus couldn't commit to a goldfish for its lifetime, much less a romantic partner, to Jessica's disappointment. Her mother had never settled down with a partner.

Sure, she knew of human attachments made of loving, long-lasting partnerships. She sold flowers to members of those relationships daily when at the Owl's Roost. But Olympian marriages seemed doomed to happen, or at least doomed to heartbreak and unhappiness.

"And," she continued, blushing anew and glaring at the plush velvet cushion on the couch beside her and purposefully not staring into her mother's narrowed gaze, "he and I seem...compatible. Kissing and stuff, that is."

She prayed for a cavern to open up beneath her feet and send her straight to Tartarus; anything would be better than the awkward silence her words caused.

Seconds dragged on before Hera moved on to the next name on her list. "I also think Dionysus could be a good choice. You've known him your entire life, and, by all accounts, you seem to get along."

Here Persephone had to interject. "My best friend on Earth is in love with Dionysus. Even she realizes how much of a manwhore he is. He literally cannot help himself. I don't want that for myself. And I don't want to betray my friend." Belatedly, she realized how insulting a manwhore like Dionysus would look to someone who had married a manwhore like Zeus.

Luckily, Hera chose to respond with tact. "I can understand wanting to be loyal to your friend; that is an admirable trait. For now, let's keep him on the list; after all, he is never going to marry your friend."

Glumly, Persephone nodded and waited for her aunt to continue. "Ares would also be a good choice," Hera offered.

The other three goddesses looked up at her incredulously. "Ares may as well have 'Aphrodite' tattooed on his dick for all the good it would do to set him up with another partner," Hestia chided her sister. "If you are attempting to cause him to leave Aphrodite alone so that she is faithful to your son, you might as well tell Apollo to keep the sun from shining."

"Okay, okay. I will remove him from the list. How about Adonis? Attractive, personable, not a manwhore." Hera seemed to stress "manwhore" with a little more vehemence than necessary.

"I've never met him before and don't know anything objectionable about him, so he could be okay." Persephone looked around at her mother and Hestia, and both nodded in approval of Adonis.

"Good!" Hera's relief was palpable. "Another name I would like to add to the list is Apollo." When both Hestia and Demeter looked ready to argue with the suggestion, Hera rushed to soothe their complaint. "Yes, I know his relationships don't end well; that just means he was meant to be with someone stable. Someone immortal. Someone like Persephone."

"Fine." Demeter's displeasure was evident in her single-word flat response. "But put him last on the list at least, please? I don't want my only child to meet some horrible end for marrying him."

"Done!" Hera crowed.

Demeter and Persephone's welcome home ball--and ostensibly the equivalent of Persephone's debutante ball--was scheduled for three days later. All of the gods and goddesses were expected to attend, except for Dionysus who was attending to business on Earth, in Greece. Even Hades. Especially Hades.

A day later, Persephone sat, surrounded by the lushness of Zeus and Hera's gardens.

A light breeze, redolent with the scents of the flowers that were within her reach teased at the soft curls escaping her hastily-plaited hair.

It was this picture of distracted elegance that Hermes happened upon on his way from delivering the final RSVPs for the ball to Hera. Her soft curves were barely shrouded in the soft linen of her rosy chiton, her head tipping back to reveal her delicate neck as she inhaled the fragrant air. His cock hardened in reaction--and with the memory of her bared breasts, soft mounds in his aroused grasp.

If only Demeter had not interrupted them months ago...

His brief consideration for what might have happened ended when Persephone perceived his presence. Her sunny grin warmed him further, beguiling him to approach her. "Hermes! Isn't it the most beautiful day ever?"

Hermes glanced around taking in the usual beauty of Olympus. "It is as it always is, Seph. Beautiful and perfect. But, I will argue, made even more so by your presence here." He projected his best flirtatious grin her way.

A blush warmed her cheeks that matched the soft rose of her dress. "Thank you for the lovely compliment, Hermes. To be honest, I've worried about moving here. I've been worried I wouldn't fit in because I wasn't raised here."

"You are the daughter of Demeter. How could you possibly not fit in?"

"Because my mother doesn't fit in." Persephone fired back.

Hermes gave in to the desire to touch one of the errant tendrils that denied capture by her braid. "You are not your mother, however. You are the embodiment of all an Olympian should be." Earnestness was not Hermes's forte, and he stumbled over his sincere words.

Persephone's blue gaze broke with his brown one. "Thank you for those kind words."

"Dine with me for lunch?" Hades blurted in a rush.

Glancing around surreptitiously, Persephone nodded. "I would like that," she whispered.

"Excellent! I will be back in a few hours. I have to let your aunt know that Hades has finally RSVP'd to the party with his plus-one." Hermes, so excited about the date ahead, did not catch Persephone's smile fading immediately at the mention of Hades's name.

* * *

The dark king of the underworld mentioned by Hermes sat silently sipping Dionysus's best vintage trying to blot out the ramifications of the party he was to attend in a few days' time. In his mind's eye, he saw Persephone in splendid, naked disarray as she had been on the plush carpet.

For the second time that day, the three heads of Cerberus growled, the fur standing up on the back of his necks. Hermes, again? Why had that messenger returned? Probably because Zeus and Hera had refused Cerberus as his plus-one to the party.

The messenger of the gods rushed in, not even aided by his winged sandals. "I need to ask a favor," he explained, barely sparing the menacing growls of Cerberus a second glance.

"A favor?" Hades groused. "I already agreed to go to the party. What else do I need to do?"

"I've got a date to impress. I want to take her for a picnic in the Elysian Fields. And I wish to serve her one of your pomegranates for dessert." Hermes, still surprised that Persephone had agreed to dinner and that Demeter hadn't refused his request to court her daughter, let his request come out in a rush.

Hades, by contrast, needed some time to parse his request. "A date? With an Olympian? Who?"

"Persephone," Hermes answered with relish. The god missed Hades's eyes flash red with jealousy.

When he focused again on Hades's visage, the god was his normal taciturn self. "She agreed to the date? Demeter did?"

"Yes! I couldn't believe it, either. I'm not going to move too quickly as I did last time. I...I think I want to marry her, Hades." He mistook the look of pain on Hades's face for something else and tried to calm him. "I realize relationships and sex and stuff don't interest you--"

"Get. Out." Hades's growl was almost overshadowed by the barks from Cerberus, all three heads willing to take off Hermes's own head for the anger he had brought to Hades. "And the answer is 'No' for both the Elysian Fields and my pomegranates. Get the fuck out of here, now!"

* * *

"I had really meant for the date to be at the Elysian Fields, but Hades refused. I don't know why he became so angry, really," Hermes mused, settling Persephone down on the blanket at the edge of his own property.

Persephone gazed up at him, trying to focus on Hermes and the feelings she had enjoyed when they had kissed and touched rather than on any mention of Hades. Tonight was all about her resolve to forget Hades and focus on trying to find a partner to marry and have children with. And she liked Hermes.

"I don't know him that well," she began, her own mental voice hooting and screaming at her at that overt lie, "but maybe he is just territorial of his belongings." He's certainly not territorial of me, Seph inwardly bemoaned.

"Possibly," Hermes responded, holding a morsel of ambrosia to her lips that she eagerly accepted. Anything further she would have said was cut off with her moan of bliss.

Her eyes half-closed in the arousal the succulent ambrosia caused, her lips softly pursed, Hermes could not help himself. His normally boyish features transformed by sexual hunger, he ducked his head to capture her lips.

Persephone instantly stilled. For brief moments, she savored the soft pillowy lips of Hermes pressed to hers. They were familiar, calming, sweet, despite his hunger for her. With a pleasurable sigh, she acquiesced as he pulled her closer into his embrace, simultaneously guiding her down to the plush blanket.

The scent of crushed flowers, blended with the unearthly delicious taste of the ambrosia, in partnership with the familiar warm feelings that Hermes's attentions evoked made Seph's head spin in sensual temptation. It was almost -- almost -- enough for her to forget the roiling arousal that Hades caused within her.

Almost.

She knew, to her bones, that Hermes would never inspire the depths of lust, longing, and love that Hades had managed to cultivate from her in the brief hours she was in his company. With a soft sigh again of pleasure, because Hermes's kisses were dreamy, Seph pulled away, her breathing uneven.

Her eyes, oddly, focused on his nose, reluctant to move up to meet his gaze or slide down to see the evidence of his arousal.

Hermes's lips seek hers again and she turns her head slightly, offering him her cheek. His lips linger there for a few moments, and, again, Persephone wished she could react as he deserved her to, wholeheartedly, responsively, lustfully. When he pulled her closer, her breasts pillowed against his chest, he noticed that she didn't melt as she had when he had stolen kisses from her in her shop on Earth.