Hands of Clay Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Last is Toby."

"Toby died in the hut," Clay whispered.

"Toby died, but he dumped me before that." Brice finished on Clay's feet and shifted back to the side of the bed. "We broke up because Toby used me to get what he wanted in the H.S.P.C. and when he was done with me, he tossed me aside. Number five on my list is something that all of us here at HQ deal with. We hold weight here. Some of us can get you the best mission. I'm friends with Keith, and Rea, and Karma. I know Gears and Luna. If I want to, I can sway things in your favor. I have power. I often get courted for my position instead of who I am as a man. I get so blinded by wanting someone to love me that I let it happen. Toby used me for rank and prestige. I let him use me until he didn't need me anymore. I wouldn't dump him because I was afraid of being alone. I've been single long enough now that I realize I like it better. Being by myself hurts less." Brice reached for Clay's shirt bunched around his neck. Carefully, the grader pulled the shirt down to cover his back. "If I stay single, none of those five things will happen to me. Heart stays intact."

"Is that it then?" Clay glanced over his shoulder. "There is nothing I can say or do to convince you to be with me? We're never going to be together because of this list?"

Now Clay felt like Brice had put his heart into a rock crushing machine.

"I won't date an H.S.P.C. agent." Brice crossed his arms over his chest. "I promised myself I'd never do that again, but I might consider spending time with you while you're here as a recruit. We could be friends. I can teach you advanced skills."

Clay grinned and rolled over onto his back. Friends? Advanced skills? Hell, yes. There were a few things he wanted Brice to teach him.

"Stop smiling like that. I'm being honest here. I'm not going to change my mind." Brice flipped the blankets over Clay's body and tucked them in around his chest. "I'm serious, Wicks."

"You look serious." Clay sucked down his smile. He might say he wasn't going to change his mind, but Brice was going to cave. The instructor was going to be his.

"I said we could hang out, but it has to be in secret, and we aren't dating, and this isn't permanent. I'm not going to be your boyfriend, and I'm not going to marry you. Whatever you're thinking, stop it. I won't help you build your career or cry over you when you leave me. Once you have that gears bracelet on, as far as I'm concerned, it's over. Is that clear?"

"Crystal." Clay decided he loved Brice's bed. Staying at HQ would be no hardship. When Brice gave in, Clay was going to move into this room.

"Claymore Wicks, you will leave here and go on to be an outstanding H.S.P.C. agent."

"Mmmm," Clay murmured as he yawned. "Phenomenal."

"And no one's heart is getting pulverized."

"Heart stays intact." Clay snuggled into the blankets as Brice put his lotion back into his drawer. As soon as Brice headed into the bathroom, Clay freed his wide grin. "I have until graduation to convince you to be my boyfriend," Clay said to the empty room as he closed his eyes. "I'll remember that."


12